• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#26 SHIA-OF-ALI

SHIA-OF-ALI

Hussain(a.s) will live forever in our hearts

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Interests:excercise- i like keeping fit and healthy, i'm really getting into weight free training these days, i think it's cool. i read various kinds of books to stimulate my gray matter, i like watching a good cinema film now and again, driving my golf mk2 always is a pleasure. I think that shiachat is the best shia forum on the internet today! Defending Shia Islam against the filthy fly infested wahabis is never a chore, especially with those crazy crack pot infidels at kfc!(no need to explain who they are, lol) They should ask their parents b4 using the computer.lol I nearly chocked on my food when i saw the ugly orange beard wahabi on tv!

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:42 AM

There are a few sunni's who know what the Shia Muslims are doing during muharam and respect what we do.

There are also MANY people who are very ignorant and have no clue as to why the Shia Muslims commemerate the event of Karbala each year.

It is upto us to inform the non-shia what we are doing. during the procession on the 10th of Muharam each year, the shia hand out leaflets to observing sunni's and this is a good thing.

Edited by SHIA-OF-ALI, 30 January 2006 - 04:44 AM.

#27 SayedMohammed

SayedMohammed

Sayed Mohammed Rashid Al Alewi Al Hamedan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,219 posts
  • Interests:Reading About Ahlul Bayt Hadith Quran Stories of our great imams and prophets any interesting articles

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:00 AM

depends some do and some dont I know a guy who is sunni yet he attend's muharram majalis at husaniya and ashura and respects imam ali (as) alway's brings a saying by him and stuff which is cool

#28 Guest_blessedflower_*

Guest_blessedflower_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:12 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)
our sunni brothers assume many good things happend on the day of ashura like they say that prophet mose been saved from ferawn ,also prophet yousif come back to his father jacob at this day ,prophet adam met eves,prophet nooh landed his ship savely &so many fabricated excuses which had done by enemies of ahl al-bait as (bany ummaiya) to cover their massacres towrd imam hussain&his households ,so they consider the day of ashura as celeberating day they do fasting ,in fact fasting on  the day of ashurah is makrooh
i`ve read in book (mafateeh al-jinan) hadith(tradition) of imam sadeq as explain the lies of such assumes which done by (bany ummayia)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah) (salam)
That post of yours tore my heart apart. I didn't know to what extent their hatred (bughz) can go even for the day of ashura.

Allah HUMAL'AN QATAL ATAL HUSSAIN WA ASHABIHI. :cry: :cry: :cry:

#29 Guest_blessedflower_*

Guest_blessedflower_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:23 AM

(bismillah) (salam)

Forget all that. Listen to this:

Last year during mohorram there was this Indian molana who was telling us the facts about one of the three.

He told us that (MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS) there was this woman a long time ago. She use to graze her goats and once she got raped, from behind by a person. The child that she produced, grew up and had incest with her. The child that she produced from that, engaged in incest with her as well, and the child born thereafter was (edited for sake of peace).

Now, the reason I asked for this not to be deleted is that people in the majlis got hyped up and said the molana shouldn't be saying such things while seated on the alter (mimber). To which the molana replied: THESE PEOPLE (SUNNIS) MAKE UP LIES ABOUT WHAT WE SHIAS DO AND WE CAN'T EVEN SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM?

And those lies about US SHIAS include:

1) We spit in the water that we give to a sunni;

2) We shias give off such an offensive odor that it'll burn your nostril hair (or wotever);

3) THAT ON SHAB E ASHOOR - MY BRETHREN HOLD YOUR BREATH- THAT ON SHAB E ASHOOOR WE PUT OUT THE LIGHTS IN OUR HOUSES AND ENGAGE IN FAMILY INCEST - YES YOU READ IT RIGHT FAMILY INCEST NAOZOBILLAH..............

This is how far their bughz goes for the LOVERS OF IMAM ALI AND HUSSAIN (as) AND FOR THE DEFENDERS AND CRIERS OF THE TRUTH!

And to testify to these things, we have been personally questioned by sunnis if we do any of the above.

HOW DISGUSTING.

Edited by blessedflower, 30 January 2006 - 12:24 PM.

#30 Changed

Changed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,297 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:44 AM

(salam)

Salle ala Muhammed wa Aale Muhammed wa salam ala Aba Abdillah

Sunnis observe Muharram, they follow the Zainabi custom of Majlis, they observe Marsiya and Nohay Khwanis, offer Niyaz and cry, i know Shia won't believe this, but this is true.

They fast on the two day one on Ashura second either 9th or 11th, for them Matam is Haram so they won't observe Matam but there is no restriction on crying.

They believe most of the important events of history happened on this day Ashura, also, one very important practise is they will read the Duae Imame Sajjad Zainul Abidaen before the sunset, Sunni version of Ziyarah of Imame Sajjad.

A special dish of left over pulses ( mixed pulses) is made to remember the event of Karbala, how Ahlul bayt (as) were forced to cook whatever was left after Martyrdom of Husain (as), this is usually offered in Niyaz. Qur'an Khwanis are organised and they sent its sawab to Imam Husain (as) and other martyrs. And yeah why should i forget this, they accuse Shias for being original culprits behind Karbala.

Also, since Sunnis believe Imam Mahdi (as) will appear on the day of Ashura, so its like praying to be on side of Imam Mahdi (as).

Here is an attachment to Sunni version of Duae Imame Sajjad, the most important custom of Sunnis on Ashura.

Attached Files

Edited by Mazher's, 30 January 2006 - 07:53 AM.

#31 shshah

shshah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:45 AM

you are right sis i heard from sunni friends that u shia do zanjeer ,s matum and then collect the blood and pour it over the rice or biryani or what ever we serve on the day of ashore :mad:
as for the topic there is a group in pakistan who mourn,s imam (as) on the day of ashora and also tahir al qadri has lot of respect for the ahlulbayt (as) known by us shia,s u can visit his site and listen to his lectures on www.tv.mihaj.org

Edited by shshah, 30 January 2006 - 07:46 AM.

#32 Zeynab-europe

Zeynab-europe

Doctor Zeynab

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:16 AM

Last year the owner of the events center the Iraqi shia community had rented for ashura was threatened by sunnis! And they even got him into cancelling the rental for 10 moharram on last notice for the sake of a Turkish wedding to take place there!

#33 Hassoon

Hassoon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:18 AM

(bismillah)

I think ive given up caring what sunnis think, their whole faith is based upon blindness and accepting what they are told.

#34 Il Nino

Il Nino

Muharram is over!

• Banned
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:25 AM

(bismillah)  (salam)

Forget all that.  Listen to this:

Last year during mohorram there was this Indian molana who was telling us the facts about Umar ibn Khataab's birth.

He told us that (MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS) there was this woman a long time ago.  She use to graze her goats and once she got raped, from behind by a person.  The child that she produced, grew up and had incest with her.  The child that she produced from that, engaged in incest with her as well, and the child born thereafter was Umar.

Now, the reason I asked for this not to be deleted is that people in the majlis got hyped up and said the molana shouldn't be saying such things while seated on the alter (mimber).  To which the molana replied:  THESE PEOPLE (SUNNIS) MAKE UP LIES ABOUT WHAT WE SHIAS DO AND WE CAN'T EVEN SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM?

2)  We shias give off such an offensive odor that it'll burn your nostril hair (or wotever);

3) THAT ON SHAB E ASHOOR - MY BRETHREN HOLD YOUR BREATH- THAT ON SHAB E ASHOOOR WE PUT OUT THE LIGHTS IN OUR HOUSES AND ENGAGE IN FAMILY INCEST - YES YOU READ IT RIGHT FAMILY INCEST NAOZOBILLAH..............

This is how far their bughz goes for the LOVERS OF IMAM ALI AND HUSSAIN (as) AND FOR THE DEFENDERS AND CRIERS OF THE TRUTH!

And to testify to these things, we have been personally questioned by sunnis if we do any of the above.

HOW DISGUSTING.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although what you're saying is the truth, but i've reported your post anyway, its too damn offensive :mad:

#35 kareema

kareema

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:31 AM

Really?  The only sunnis I know fast and talk about the parting of the Red Sea, and how the Prophet (pbuh) wanted to be different than the Jews or something.

Wallahu alim.

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Did you read the article which I posted before? It tells how those hadiths talking about parting the Red Sea are a lie. Jews didn't have any religious reason to fast on the day of Ashura during the years when Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was living in Medina. There are only few solutions to explain their hadiths:

1.) The jews lied that they fasted for religious reasons (memorizing the event of parting the Red Sea) on the day of Ashura of Muslims and Prophet (pbuh) believed their lies...

2.) Someone else lied and invented this hadith and didn't know that jews have their own calendar and the festival about parting the Red Sea isn't even near of Ashura of Muslim calendar! Anyone who has read the Old Testament of Bible (or Torah) knows that it was the month of Abib of jewish calendar when the parting the Red Sea happened.

A quote from the article below: The month in which God delivered the Israelites from Pharaoh was Abib (i.e. Rajab), as the Bible clearly says: "Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover unto the Lord thy God: for in the month of Abib the Lord thy God brought thee forth out of Egypt by night." (Deut., 16:1)

Read and cry (or laugh...? :dry: ): http://www.al-islam....astofashura.htm

Edited by kareema, 30 January 2006 - 09:43 AM.

#36 Il Nino

Il Nino

Muharram is over!

• Banned
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:23 AM

^ sorry sis, but the bible clearly calls the month of passover , abib or whatever, to be the first month in the jewish calender.

http://www.keyway.ca...02/20020327.htm

"This month shall be for you the beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year for you [see Bible Calendar]. Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month they shall take every man a lamb according to their fathers' houses, a lamb for a household; and if the household is too small for a lamb, then a man and his neighbor next to his house shall take according to the number of persons; according to what each can eat you shall make your count for the lamb."

The 14th day of the month of Nisan (see Bible Months) is one of the most important dates of all Bible History. It was the God-commanded time of the Passover (Exodus 12:6,11-14)

http://www.keyway.ca...002/biblmon.htm

Bible Month Length Roman Calendar Equivalent
1. Nisan 30 days March-April
2. Iyar 29 days April-May
3. Sivan 30 days May-June
4. Tammuz 29 days June-July
5. Av 30 days July-August
6. Elul 29 days August-September
7. Tishri 30 days September-October
8. Cheshvan 29 or 30 days October-November
9. Kislev 30 or 29 days November-December
10. Tevet 29 days December-January
11. Shevat 30 days January-February
12. Adar 29 or 30 days February-March
13. Adar II 29 days March-April

The Passover ... When?
Commandment keeping believers should celebrate the Passover Service with the new covenant emblems of bread and wine no more than once a year; and then only at the divinely appointed time, which is the evening of the 14th Abib, the first month in the sacred calendar.

Ye shall keep it (the Passover lamb) till the 14th day of the same month,
and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening.
(Exo.12:6)

#37 Zeynab-europe

Zeynab-europe

Doctor Zeynab

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:26 AM

Arab, Gregorian and Jewish calendars don't go synchronically, you need a computer program or real good calculating skills to draw conclusions on dates and co-occurring events...

#38 khalifa

khalifa

• Banned
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:28 AM

(bismillah)  (salam)

Forget all that.  Listen to this:

Last year during mohorram there was this Indian molana who was telling us the facts about Umar ibn Khataab's birth.

He told us that (MODS PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS) there was this woman a long time ago.  She use to graze her goats and once she got raped, from behind by a person.  The child that she produced, grew up and had incest with her.  The child that she produced from that, engaged in incest with her as well, and the child born thereafter was Umar.

Now, the reason I asked for this not to be deleted is that people in the majlis got hyped up and said the molana shouldn't be saying such things while seated on the alter (mimber).  To which the molana replied:  THESE PEOPLE (SUNNIS) MAKE UP LIES ABOUT WHAT WE SHIAS DO AND WE CAN'T EVEN SPEAK THE TRUTH ABOUT THEM?

2)  We shias give off such an offensive odor that it'll burn your nostril hair (or wotever);

HOW DISGUSTING.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That indian "molana" is a khadaab, a liar, may Allah punish him for lying against Umar (ra).

#39 Il Nino

Il Nino

Muharram is over!

• Banned
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:52 AM

That indian "molana" is a khadaab, a liar, may Allah punish him for lying against Umar .

beshumar :!!!:

#40 Path2Felicity

Path2Felicity

Real Eyes Realize Real lies

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:16 PM

Salam brothers and sisters

This thread is full of too much fitna.  I just wanted information, when I created it.  Correct any misinformation, but please don't spread hatred between fellow Muslims.

For all those who have given information, thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, thank you so much for starting this topic. The only thing I had ever seen from sunnis was total disregard for what happened to Imam Hussein (as) at Karbala. When I tried to talk about it in my own sunni community, I was told that the event itself was too controversial to even DISCUSS.

But I am very impressed with the sunnis on board, particularly Bro Aashiq e Rasul, who remember the tragedy of Imam Hussein (as) and actually shed tears.

May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì guide us all.

Wasalaam

#41 Guest_blessedflower_*

Guest_blessedflower_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:18 PM

Although what you're saying is the truth, but i've reported your post anyway, its too damn offensive  :mad:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah) (salam)
Yea, the truth is offensive.

you are right sis i heard from sunni friends that u shia do zanjeer ,s matum and then collect the blood and pour it over the rice or biryani or what ever we serve on the day of ashore

Yea how could I forget this one.

#42 Guest_blessedflower_*

Guest_blessedflower_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:27 PM

That indian "molana" is a khadaab, a  liar, may Allah punish him for lying against Umar (ra).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah) (salam)

Well if the Indian molana lied about ''umar'' then so be it. He'll pay for it.

HOWEVER the lies that sunnis spread about Shias - I'VE HEARD THEM MYSELF.

Imagine your coworker asking you ''bhai jaan (brother), I heard that you shia people stink like (cow [Edited Out]). How come you don't?'' how would you feel (about the bughz and hatred in general)? My hubby was asked this by a pathan bhai.

Also the sunni Punjabi lady whom I'd stayed with after the delivery of my daughter who's now ten months, mourns over Imam Hussain (as)'s martyrdom. However even SHE asked us if we serve biryani with poured blood of zanjeer zani, or if we engage in family incest on the night of.........

And if we spit water that we serve to sunnis.

Yeah but you wouldn't care now would you? Sorry.

Edited by blessedflower, 30 January 2006 - 12:28 PM.

#43 khalifa

khalifa

• Banned
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:28 PM

Yea, the truth is offensive. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sunnis don't care to know what "true" shiism is because of the complete lack of respect and courtesy you have. THe example of your indian "molana" telling the story in the khutba is prime,...how can you deal with people whose very leaders have filthy tongues? Our scholars teach us the deen and the values of Islam,....not insults and rage fits and dirty stories.

#44 Guest_blessedflower_*

Guest_blessedflower_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:31 PM

(bismillah) (salam)

Where I grew up in Karachi there was this sunni family who use to have some sunni molana come and give a speech on mic (from the house but everyone could hear it outside via speakers)...and they use to cook haleem in a large pot (daigh) outside the house. I also know of other sunnis who observe Ashura by not doing anything happy and they just mourn but don't do matam.

My step-dad's family is sunni (my step dad is sunni) and even they don't do anything ''happy'' during the month of mohorram.

#45 Path2Felicity

Path2Felicity

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

Can everybody relax for a moment here please?

It's muharram- why are we focusing on negative energy?

Wasalaam

#46 khalifa

khalifa

• Banned
  • 337 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

(bismillah)  (salam)

Well if the Indian molana lied about ''umar'' then so be it.  He'll pay for it.

HOWEVER the lies that sunnis spread about Shias - I'VE HEARD THEM MYSELF.

Imagine your coworker asking you ''bhai jaan (brother), I heard that you shia people stink like (cow [Edited Out]).  How come you don't?'' how would you feel (about the bughz and hatred in general)?  My hubby was asked this by a pathan bhai.

Also the sunni Punjabi lady whom I'd stayed with after the delivery of my daughter who's now ten months, mourns over Imam Hussain (as)'s martyrdom.  However even SHE asked us if we serve biryani with poured blood of zanjeer zani, or if we engage in family incest on the night of.........

And if we spit water that we serve to sunnis.

Yeah but you wouldn't care now would you?  Sorry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't tell me about what they do in India and pakistan and call that Sunnism. I swear people in the Indian subcontinent think they are the center of the world. Have you ever talked to Sunnis from Africa or Southeast Asia? You'd find that they don't have any of those notions if you cared to expand your knowledge at all ,.....instead of promoting your own twisted stereotypes.

#47 Path2Felicity

Path2Felicity

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

Don't tell me about what they do in India and pakistan and call that Sunnism. I swear people in the Indian subcontinent think they are the center of the world. Have you ever talked to Sunnis from Africa or Southeast Asia? You'd find that they don't have any of those notions if you cared to expand your knowledge at all ,.....instead of promoting your own twisted stereotypes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Relax, bro....

Do you see how upset you get when shi'as spread negative stereotypes about sunnis?

This is a constant, year round thing for shi'as in general.

That's why some are so upset.

Wasalaam

#48 Guest_blessedflower_*

Guest_blessedflower_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:36 PM

(bismillah) (salam)

My apologies to those who got hurt it wasn't my intention. I know ''my post'' was offensive. I deleted the specific name for the sake of peace.

When we hear such things from people we visit or hang out with, that how come we don't stink like [Edited Out] or if we do this or dat, we don't get hurt for having the questions directed at us but we get seriously offended due to the 'bughz' and the propagandas that are used to divide the shias and sunnis.

However I personally don't view sunnis with hatred other then those who clearly spell out their hatred (bughz) for mola Ali (karam Allah wajh) in our faces with disgust.

Once again, my apologies.

Edited by blessedflower, 30 January 2006 - 12:37 PM.

#49 Jnoub Libnan

Jnoub Libnan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:42 PM

not all sunnis are the same, even if their madhab is the same. they have different attitudes. some sunni mosques wone even mention what happened to our imam hussein (as) , but will talk about the fasting and the jews thing ( one example was when i saw a sunni newsletter about the month of muharram). but there are many sunnis who do remember ashura like us. we cant generalize. im not sure if they ALL believe matam is haram though.

#50 NoorFatima

NoorFatima

Fatima is my Queen!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Interests:I love reading, espacialy in the supernatural and Philosophy. I also love playing chess (even though I don't play anymore). I love watching Anime! And I love Politics! Also Irfan is a passion of mine; I'm also a Zealous Socialist.

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:10 PM

(bismillah)

I was going to close this thread; it’s troublesome and many have crossed the line, which exactly what happens when emotions take control – the exchange of slander and hearsay isn’t exactly what the initiator of the thread wanted.

The next person that posts slander and emotionally charged attacks will be taking a 14 day vacation; please guys; for the sake of the Prophet’s Son, show respect to each other.

(salam)

Edited by NoorFatima, 30 January 2006 - 02:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users