Sign in to follow this  
slocym

Mary a Levite, then Jesus a Levite

Rate this topic

Mary's cousin Elizabeth was a levite married to a levite ( Zacaria)

John the baptist and Jesus are both Levites.

Jesus was a Nazarah ( ie dedicated to worship by geneology( only the decendents of Aaron are allowed to be Nazareth( dedicated to temple( or God)

Mary was given by her mother to the temple ( dedicated to temple) only Levites from Aaron can give their children as Nazarah( dedictated to temple and worship) Jesus also had long hair( sign of the Nazarah ( people dedicated to temple) ( just like in the state of Israel now--do you watch TV)

so, Jesus is not from David. He is from Levi ( Aaron in particular( Eleazer)

Jesus was a Nazarah ( ie dedicated to worship by geneology( only the decendents of Aaron are allowed to be Nazareth( dedicated to temple( or God)

Mary was given by her mother to the temple ( dedicated to temple) only Levites from Aaron can give their children as Nazarah( dedictated to temple and worship) Jesus also had long hair( sign of the Nazarah ( people dedicated to temple) ( just like in the state of Israel now--do you watch TV)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jews did not trace their heritage through their mothers but through their fathers. This is why the Book of Matthew traces Jesus lineage through Joseph, the husband of Mary. It is contradicted, however, by the claim that Joseph was not the father of Jesus.

So the Book of Luke traced Mary's descent from David, which fails twice. First, it ignores that Jews do not trace their lineage through their mothers. Second, one can only wonder how Mary can be a Levite if her father is not a Levite? And, if her father is a Levite, he cannot possibly be a descendant of David's.

So you are correct that Jesus cannot be a descendant of David's unless God used David's genes in creating Jesus - or unless Jesus actually had a human father and there was no immaculate conception.

Jesus, himself, made no claims to descent from David although an astute Bible scholar can trace Jesus descent from David through the sons of Abigail.

Joseph was not husband of Mary, but the Caretaker of a Nazareh preistess of the temple ( Mary)

how can Mary marry, while her mother gave her to the temple to be a nun all her life.

Nobody can change that. It is forbidden to marry a Nun of the Temple ( she is a slave and owned by God , how can you marry her?)

Joseph was her guardian and guardian of other Nazareths like Jesus.

He was getting money from the Levite tax imposed on all jews, to spend on levites.

Levites were not supposed to work, but study the law and worship God and pray for the community.

Joseph was doing his job and getting paid for it by the tax. There was another Mary the wife of Joseph and the Mother of James the Just ( brother of Jesus) who became the leader of the church after Jesus ( so James was decenddeent of david not Jesus) Jesus was the Prophet a higher position than a king or leader.

Mary's mother can not give her daughter to the temple as a nun if Mary's father was not a lwevite.

It was prohibited to marry from other tribes ( Judah from Benjamin, ) Levites in particular could not marry from other tribes so that they don not get inheritence.

Mary cousin of Elizabeth, Elizabeth is a levite, then Mary is a levite (100%), and her father must be a levite.

her son Jesus is a levite( even if he did not have a human father)

yes Yeshua could have been a levite...in the christian bible in the book of Zechariah, Joshua is refered to as a high priest for his people....but is the hebrew root of Nazareth different from the one for Nazarite? I only assume Jesus drank wine, if so he may not have followed all of the traditions of a Nazarite.

Edited by JideoforHCX II

All jews were not supposed to drink wine.

Jesus did not drink wine, May God forgive us all.

How can you explain Mary's cousin a levite, but Mary is not a levite?

Father and mother had to be from the same tribe.

Nobody broke this in Jesus time.

Mary a Nun, how can she marry?

Joseph a caretaker of Nazareths like Mary and Jesus and others.

Jesus was a Nazareth.

He had a long hair ( Nazareth only are forbidden to cut their hair)

Why Jesus came back from heaven just to meet his brother James the Just just for the sake of his mother, asking James to take care of his mother, hide her, make available praying until she dies, and be buried secretly.

James did that, and died in 67 AD ( supposidly assasinated by Paul, who ran to hide in the temple, but seduccies got him, and he tried to buy his way out by claiming he is a pharaisies( Pharaisies controled temple with the seducces and were favored by the king ( Aqriba).

It was the jews who imposed that the coming Massiah must be a decendent of David.

and imposed that he is son of God ( he can resurruct the dead in mass) plus other things like destroying the enemies of Israel by using his finger.

ok...did God not tell his people that they don't need a king...

any way I don't believe people need earthly kings, maybe because it is what my father taught me.

I realize people are concerned with the resurrection...how about live for God now, rather than later...lol

what is a Jew, do you know? are you a Jew?

(I'm trying to use a passive voice)

No you are.

You are happy that Jesus is not from David, so that leaves you room for the REAL( IN jewish opinions) messiah.

The messiah as from David is a forgery in the bible made by displacing Joshua prophecy to a later prophet, make it sound there is another messiah star of David( other than David) is coming.

Messiah is Jesus of course ( he is son of Levi according to the uncorrupted testimony of Levi( Jacob blessings to his sons)

Joseph was not husband of Mary, but the Caretaker of a Nazareh preistess of the temple ( Mary)

how can Mary marry, while her mother gave her to the temple to be a nun all her life.

Nobody can change that. It is forbidden to marry a Nun of the Temple ( she is a slave and owned by God , how can you marry her?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By redeeming her. The Book of Numbers sets the price of redeeming one vowed to God at five shekels.

Mary's mother can not give her daughter to the temple as a nun if Mary's father was not a lwevite.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't imagine how he wouldn't be a Levite.

It was prohibited to marry from other tribes ( Judah from Benjamin, ) Levites in particular could not marry from other tribes so that they don not get inheritence.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is incorrect. Levites can marry Israelites (Babylonian Talmud: Tractate Yebamoth Folio 85a).

The story that no one can marry anyone of the tribe of Judah comes from a claim that the men of Benjamin raped the woman of a Levite (Judges 20). This was to be their punishment by the other tribes.

The reality is much different.

You bring your examples from the Talmud which did not binding law to jews untill 400 AD

I am talking about Torah: you can not redeem a levite designed as a slave to the temple.

Marriage at time of Jesus was prohibited from other tribes ( according to Torah-- you can read it plainly in Deutronomy and Leviticus)

I am not "Jewish"....(maybe I should be in another section of this forum)

btw the only savior I really want is God

can the talmud be used for anything? does it contain the Law of God or that of a Rabbi or is it a collection of stories revolving around high point of the Law?

You bring your examples from the Talmud which did not binding law to jews untill 400 AD

I am talking about Torah: you can not redeem a levite designed as a slave to the temple.

Marriage at time of Jesus was prohibited from other tribes ( according to Torah-- you can read it plainly in Deutronomy and Leviticus)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I cannot find these laws you refer to in either Deuteronomy or Leviticus.

Moses explicitly gave order not to marry from other tribes. Levites have no inheritence but a special tax is assigned for them.

You did not find these in Deu and Levit?!

This law was still applied in the time of Jesus.

The Talmud gave many permissions and did not complete untill 400-600 AD

So my argument that Mary is a levite is still upheld unchallenged.

Joseph a Judean could not marry Mary, and can not releive her from being a slave to the Temple for 5 shekels! are you kidding me?

I am not "Jewish"....(maybe I should be in another section of this forum)

btw the only savior I really want is God

can the talmud be used for anything? does it contain the Law of God or that of a Rabbi or is it a collection of stories revolving around high point of the Law?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not Jewish either so I will offer my best guess based on what little knowledge I have. There are two Talmuds (The Babylonian Talmud is considered the higher authority) plus the Midrash. After Babylon, the enactments of the Mosaic Law made for the purpose of promoting righteousness in Israel; yet, as these laws had been written in view of concrete circumstances of the past, they had to be explained in a way to make them fit the new circumstances of their life. All such explanations of the terms of the Mosaic legislation are legal, or Halakhic Midrashim. Relatedly, the Mishna does not generally cite a scriptural basis for its laws; connecting the Mishnaic law with the Torah law is also undertaken by the Talmuds.

Thus, the Talmud serves to connect the new legal Mitzvot with the older Torah law. The Talmud is a record of the thoughts of the major rabbis of old on "How did we get from here (the Torah) to there (the 613 laws)?"

A comparison would be Sharia Law. How did Muslims get Shara Law from the Quran? If a bunch of Ayatollahs got together and wrote down their reasons and arguments for how Sharia Law was drawn from the Quran, that collection of written arguments would be an Islamic Talmud.

In this case, the Jews got completely carried away and came up with 613 laws to apply to themselves. Obviously, the Talmud had a lot of explaining to do (And it argues everything to the point of excess.). Almost no Jew reads the Torah anymore that I know of as, to do so, would put him at risk of breaking 603 of the 613 laws while reading it. So he first reads the 613 laws to get those right and, if he wants to know why he's obeying them, he can read the Talmud. After that, if he still wants to read, he can read the Torah. But few Jews do so because, why bother? They've already read the Talmud which covers the Torah and the Talmud is one gigantic read.

That's my explanation - But it could be wrong. Someone else might have a better explanation.

talking about the talmud is adistraction of the thread ( is Mary a Levite or not?)

but just to add a note about Talmud:

The essenes abhored how the pharaisies allowed a girl to marry her uncle( a permission given by the pharaisies of time of Jesus who were the precurser of rabbies of 120 AD and the talmud of rabbies finalized in 600 AD)

in the law( Deut, num, levit) God forbids a man marrying his aunt.

The pharaisies claim since God did not mention a woman forbidden to marry her uncle then it could be allowed)

The essenes consider the two issues are same.

from the above argument you can see that the talmud is very corrupt and misleading in interpreting the law.

talking about the talmud is adistraction of the thread ( is Mary a Levite or not?)

but just to add a note about Talmud:

The essenes abhored how the pharaisies allowed a girl to marry her uncle( a permission given by the pharaisies of time of Jesus who were the precurser of rabbies of 120 AD and the talmud of rabbies finalized in 600 AD)

in the law( Deut, num, levit) God forbids a man marrying his aunt.

The pharaisies claim since God did not mention a woman forbidden to marry her uncle then it could be allowed)

The essenes consider the two issues are same.

from the above argument you can see that the talmud is very corrupt and misleading in interpreting the law.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly...heh...I knew that.....lol

I wonder why Christians do not know about the Talmud, oh yeah they don't respect Jews yadda yadda.....man, some people think Jesus taught against the Law given to Moses.... :lol:

so If people know nothing about Israel and Judah how can they know what God was trying to tell his people through Jesus???

Silly Romans/(select Europeans who have no God other than Geometry)!!!

So yeah Jesus Levite OK...Levite close to God and more obidient than funny scolar who thinks he is a king(Pharasie)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What a strange allegation? :huh:

My sister,

The lineage of Isa (Jesus) comes from Judah...

Where do you get that Zacharia and the others were Levite?

The lineage of Haroon was like so:

Levi ----> Kahas ----> Amran ----> Aaron ---> Alozar ----> Fakhkhakh ----> Meetha and thereafter (We Believe) Yaseen and Illias

And then Isa was like so:

Judah ---> skipping a few ----> Eeshia ----> David ---- Solomon ---> skipping a few ---> Amran and Hanna ----> Mary -----> Jesus

And Yahya was like so:

Judah ---> skipping a few ----> Eeshia ----> David ---- Solomon ---> skipping a few ---> Zacharia and Elizabeth ----> John

Notice that there are 2 Amrans... Could this be where you made that judgement?

Edited by JawzofDETH

there are no two amrams =imran

Mary daughter of Imran means Mary is a decendent from Imran ( father of Moses)

Also, " O' Sister of Aaron" means she is from the tribe of Aaron.

Her cousin is Elizabeth the wife of Zakaria ( a preist or high preist =a Levite) Levite can not marry but a levite, then Elizabeth is a Levite, then Mary is a Levite ( cousin).

Mary was given a nun (slave to God all her life) a privilige only to decendents of Aaron ( a branch of Levites)

Let's say you are right, even though we can't disprove that there were 2 Imrans... We can prove the argument in several other ways...

If my history serves me correctly:

To my knowledge, the only tribe that was allowed to right to return return to Israel at the time were of certain branches of Judah... like I think that not all of the Temanim were permitted back to Israel... anyway...

Her cousin is Elizabeth the wife of Zakaria ( a preist or high preist =a Levite) Levite can not marry but a levite, then Elizabeth is a Levite, then Mary is a Levite ( cousin).

He wasn't a Levite but even if...

How can Levites only marry Levites, when Moses himself married a Madyanite?

Mary was given a nun (slave to God all her life) a privilige only to decendents of Aaron ( a branch of Levites)

It was called the "Temple Of Solomon" for a reason...

It was put in the hands of the Pharisees, decendants of Solomon, David and Judah and a covenant was made with these "Law-Keepers" to maintain the Temple...

And as for "Sister Of Aaron," it could be figurative in 2 ways:

Sister Of Aaron, Follower of Moses

Or Law-Keeper (After Moses/ Aaron)

You find this kinda thing all the time in OT... like "O Daughters Of Jarusalem"

Which kind-of means: "O Children (future-generation) Of Jarusalem"

From SOS5:16

It is still the custom in Arabia to call a man by his tribe

So if call a man ( o' Brother of Tamim!)

then the man called is a Tamimite.

This custom was very wide spread at the time of Muhammad, and the hebrews as semites have the same custom.

I am afraid that the father of Mary is not Amram ( Imran).

The other explainations in Islam about who is Imran is a guess work by friends ( or just muslems) but not by Muhammad or the Quraan.

In the Law of Moses the caring of the Temple is given to the Levites only ( the high presit office to decendents of Aaron only)

Nothing changed during the years.

But after the Maccabi revolt against the Greek, a man from Juda took the office of High presit only ( but he claimed he is a levites)

the preists continued to be levites.

A group of sons of Juda and Ephraim ( from Joseph) started scribing and interpreting the scriptures illegally, and they were prohibited from the temple even just to sit and read.

They never became preists of the temple.

Marriage was prohibited out of the tribe ( no exeptions ) by Moses ( from God Law).

Zakaria is a Preist then he is a levite ( and from Aaron).

His wife has to be a levite . Mary's mother is the sister of Elizabeth, so Mary's mother is a levite ( from Aaron) also ( sisters)

. Then Mary is a Levite, because her mother could not marry but a levite( from Aaron).

( woman of Imran ) in Quran refer to that mother of Mary was either married to a man called Imran ( unlikely) or that she is a woman of Imran ( a woman of the tribe of Imran) just like ( sister of Aaron analogy).

You can still call a woman these days as a woman of tribe this, or family that.