Sign in to follow this  
Ali

A Look Back At Shiachat.com, 1998-Present!

Rate this topic

mmm i joined the site shiachat.com pretty late ( i think last year or so) but back in 1998 I used to be on #shia every day, and I remember all the fights with #islam and also within shias, then we saw a number of other shia chat channels coming up like #shiz (and many more) oh ya I remember when we had voice chat for the first time too :)

LOl.. wow.. Yeah i was there in the IRC #shia days.. started there in 1998 i guess.. My nick was JIN^BHAI its still is on this site ..i use it sometimes though.. started here what in 2003 i guess.. have to check my JIN^BHAI profile i guess... I saw this website in 1999 also though or was it 2000.. then it was just a board.. i guess.. was only active in the poetry forum though lol ...

came back in march 2005 with another nick.. lol

been here since then... now with GothicShia..

Edited by GothicShia

Salam,

I joined on 10th November 2004, and when i was looking at shiachat for 2004 surprisingly i dont see myself online, becoz i remember i was a 24/7 person online on shiachat as well as live chat :lol: wow those old days, hey i think u have put the 2003 archive in 2004. make sure bro Ali, because i am supposed to be online

khz tc

How long have you been a member for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brother, everyone can see the dates ( joining) of member....... :)

My date: look to your left below my id.... :lol:

Old days.............. :P , I remember how members were welcomed here, like the verse: they desire to put out the light...., it was simple yet very solid.

Edited by Mazher's

I joined today  :angel:

and i got one post already, im so proud! :D :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

Welcome Sr. Unique and congratulations on your first post.

I joined last month-Jan. 15th 2006-I remember my first post.

Wasn't there a thread in which people posted their first posts?

Edited by Iman Ali

Guest Elwiya

(salam)

What's the poll really asking us? When we encountered shiachat for the first time, or when we became members?

I remember #shia on mIRC ... that was a loooooonnnnnggggg time ago.

Guest Qt-Maram

I actually knew this forum since 2003 then joined in 2004, then after realizing how to post in a forum, i started posting :wub: it used to be a very peaceful forum, and cute :wub: (it still is lol, but not like b4)

Omg, what happend to sis Blessing, I haven't seen her for like ages :blink:

lol, i remember Ali imran used to make signitures for ppl :lol: and ppl used to ask him to make one for them... now no1 asks him to make signitures, i even asked for one at that time :P

Edited by Qt-Maram

Ali!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

*looks at the first link of the old shiachat.com website*

MAAAN I LOVED those days!

I joined back in about 1998, met all the gang, our dear `Ali, Bahlool from Sweden, zahra0 from the UK, they were the SOPs... then socrates^ WHERE IS HE?! :( I'd love to speak to him again, I'm not sure if he remembers me after so long. Then Maysam, Ghulam Abbas, Abu Lulu LOL, niceee good ole days :( Man I miss them so much... logging onto DALnet and the only server that worked was jade and you had to still log on port 7000 lool

Adminning in that room was so much fun aswell god the /kick and /ban and hunting down the culprit's IP mask! lool was amazing, learnt so much until it kind of died away and was neglected.

The naqvi bros... still around and now I got to know the 3rd of them :D

The founder's nick expired on #shia and a kuwaiti called human took over, then I'm not sure what happened afterwards but it seems #shia is the gathering place of Karachi's shias on dialup :rolleyes:

Although I once went there and found Maysam who was in disbelief to see me there LOOL so that was nice, havn't seen him since though.

Thank you so much for putting up those pages, should be placed in some "memorial" section of the site lol

Wassalam :)

Edited by ibi

i came to this site back in 2004, since then i have had several nicks but now i only have 2 active and i mostly use this one these days! and have always been picking on The Patriot for every reason i could find on both the accounts .lol. sorry man!

Ali!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

*looks at the first link of the old shiachat.com website*

MAAAN I LOVED those days!

I joined back in about 1998, met all the gang, our dear `Ali, Bahlool from Sweden, zahra0 from the UK, they were the SOPs... then socrates^ WHERE IS HE?! :( I'd love to speak to him again, I'm not sure if he remembers me after so long. Then Maysam, Ghulam Abbas, Abu Lulu LOL, niceee good ole days :( Man I miss them so much... logging onto DALnet and the only server that worked was jade and you had to still log on port 7000 lool

Adminning in that room was so much fun aswell god the /kick and /ban and hunting down the culprit's IP mask! lool was amazing, learnt so much until it kind of died away and was neglected.

The naqvi bros... still around and now I got to know the 3rd of them :D

The founder's nick expired on #shia and a kuwaiti called human took over, then I'm not sure what happened afterwards but it seems #shia is the gathering place of Karachi's shias on dialup :rolleyes:

Although I once went there and found Maysam who was in disbelief to see me there LOOL so that was nice, havn't seen him since though.

Thank you so much for putting up those pages, should be placed in some "memorial" section of the site lol

Wassalam :)

Nice Background.. Shiachat is definately the best place and the oldest one too for Shia's mashallah! :)

Keep up the good work everyone! B)

Edited by begnning

I joined Shiachat back in 2003 first nice Muslims I met were Islam Liberates Women AKA Al Yashi, and Hussain Rizvi :wub: All very nice people though...I can't believe it though I'm no Muslim but an active member of Shiachat.com go figure ;)

you made my day, javi... :wub:

Guest Shahr Banu

(bismillah)

Salam alaykum everyone .. just wanted to pass my salams

Stay tuned ;)

(bismillah) (salam)

1997-1998 was the time when we organised #shia Dalnet as a refined and islamic channel, aops assuming duties with respect to regional time differences, in fact writing scripts and bots (Do you remember Ali? Bahlool?)to maintain discipline and sometimes setting m+ and giving v+ or v+++++ :) to the aggressive and pious members...

yes, those were the days! I guess many have forgotten, some remember but too busy with 21st century lives.. still we remember all in our prayers and request the same.

Its an honor to have been a member and an op at #shia untill 2000-2001, then onwards, life had its round abouts and u-turns.. AlhamdolilAllah! It brings memories and prayers for all the hard work and devotion dedicated to maintain such a noble forum.

AL AJAL! AL AJAL! YA SAHIB-UZ-ZAMA'AN!!

Salamz,

AWES0ME

(bismillah)

I joined way back in 2002 coz I was so impressed by the way everyone seemed to know everyone else. I think at that time I seriously believed I'd be embedded in the group in a few weeks (due to my wit, charm and intelligent responses! :angel: )

I was on dial-up at that time though and that the lines had a very different idea. I'd log in, be half way through a post and get disconnected ... and then finally get reconnected two days later and find myself still logged in!

Have given up on the 'embedding' bit over the years, since I only manage to appear in fits and bursts. Plus, there is the little matter of realizing almost everyone here know more than I do, has waaay better come-backs and priceless one-liners, so I kinda just read about twice (or thrice, or more...) as many times as I post.

I even tried the chatroom once, I think sis Bismillah was there (I can remember coz she was so sweet to me :wub:) but I bid a hasty retreat when I realised I couldn't handle talking to more than two people in one window at one time :P Never dared enter that hallowed place again

Salaams,

BA

PS I still get thrown off-line so when you see me online, chances are I'm off somewhere cursing the local authorities with my very best French :!!!: