Sign in to follow this  
Ali

A Look Back At Shiachat.com, 1998-Present!

Rate this topic

One of the ex-op of #shia dalnet was Ghulam-Abbas  (qas) who was martyred in Imam Bargha Ali Raza Karachi.

That guy was a gem. As well-mannered and sincere as they come. May Allah bless his soul and gather him with Mohammad and Aali Mohammad.

Al-hewar was boring Iman and snail pace slow.

ahhh the good 'ol #islam14 turned #shia days, and the E-jihad against #islam  :lol:

Hmm, what was your nick on #shia?

Were you there when we took over #islam with shia1 shi2 shia3.. etc.?

joined back in 2004, goodl ol' days :P don't know why we love the 'old' days :unsure:

BTW Ali why do you delete inactive members, this affects the board statistics in a wrong way :Hijabi:

Edited by Syed Mohsin Naqi

(bismillah)

(salam)

I joined in May 2005, so I'm somewhat new here.

I was directed here by a member who is very rarely active now, she said I'd like what I saw, no, I'd love what I saw.

I saw sisso Wilayah . . . and well . . . the prediction proved truthful in more ways than one.

ShiaChat has given me a whole bevy of new, lovable friends. Attempting to name them them frightens me of inadvertantly leaving someone out . . . they all know who they are, and they all are GREAT, be they brothers or sisters.

Wilayah; she has helped me be able to see in a light that was blinding in its brilliance and therefore darkened my world. . . can one repay . . .??

Rawshni Ali

Apart from generating immense sense of nostalgia, this thread makes you realise how close you are to this website. We have all had our moments here, moments that we shall cherish forever. I do miss the old members. I wonder where they are? I am sure they would be surprised to see how well this site has matured.. 10,000 members mashallah...

I hope this continues..

Farsh-e-Aza

(salam)

(bismillah)

I joined in February 2003. I came on once when ShiaChat was on IRC but I forgot about it and someone gave me the link in late 2002 and then I just surfed it until I joined. :)

(bismillah) (salam)

First of All "ShiaChat" is the best place I found on net ever Alahmdulillah. :)

Now I'll tell how I got to have link for it and how I joined (hehe)

I use to have access to Sistani.org for all rulings/obligations.Once I tried my level best to open it but it was locked from here or I didn't what the problem was,I though may be they have changed the name or some other site must have formed....So i just switched to Yahoo and wrote in search bar "SAYED SEESTANI(RA)" and got whole lotta list concerning his(RA) name.

AND There it was written "AHLULBAYT (as) DISCUSSION FORUM".I clicked on it and went to "General Discussion"(straight away :D ) there I saw the Topic/Thread YA Allah(swt) MADAD YA ALI (as) MADAD" and thought may be I can have some input,I read that topic for 1 or 2 days and finally thought to register and I registered on "8-November 2005" ....and then found it to be the best place ever ALHAMDULILLAH.....That's my short story behind joining this forum. :D

Nice work by the administration team and moderators teams....You All are doing great job Mashallah... Jazakallah :)

May AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáìbless us all with his mercy and May our AAMALS and AZADARI in this MUHARRAM and every MUHARRAM be accepted By Allah(swt) and Ahlulbayt (as) Insahallah (Ameen).

Wassalam.

Hahaha, this site used to be so simple... I guess I'm what you would call an Old G. My syster showed me #shia, and later on i saw www.shiachat.com unfortunately, the only mark I have left on this site was on the General Off-Topic discussions, I was away for a while, but now I'm back, hopefully to stay in General Discussions this time :D

joined 5th august 2003...i think i had seen it before in 2002 but then lost the link

came and got addicted...used to spend hours...was at one point in top 10 posters of the day...good times good times....people said i came out of nowhere mwahaha

found it on google. was amazed that it existed and was so excited.

i remember spekaing to all the "moderators" back when they were just mere posters....lol....they wont remember speaking to me....but lol they were the ones who were devoted to posting...

and then one day...i stopped coming on here...and recently about a month ago i checked it out again...and now im addicted the trivia challenge....but i think thats all i really come on here for

joined back in 2004, goodl ol' days :P don't know why we love the 'old' days :unsure:

BTW Ali why do you delete inactive members, this affects the board statistics in a wrong way :Hijabi:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salaam, I have joined in May 2003, around midnight. I was told by my cousin about this chat. It was easy to register and simple to use and i loved the topics.

My cousin and i used to use America Online Islamic Chatrooms and debate sunnis. We used to go to islam.org and cut and paste the arguments and Quranic Ayats and Hadiths in to the chatrooms and the sunnis used to get stunned.. shocked into disblieve that such hadiths exist in their own books. hadith's that contradict their own beliefs.

we used to debate day and night out.. for a few months. then all that stopped due to college and work.. and then after an 2 years.. my cousin told me about Shiachat.com i registered myself in 2003 and loved this site. I am addicted to it.. and i have also leared alot and agained knowledge. I love reading the posts.

Zanadine.

Wow thats serious old school. I remember all those topics! Brings back old memories. Hey Ex-muslim! Whatever happened to him? Wow blast from the past...freaky stuff  :squeez:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ex-Muslim was a character was'nt he? I liked him.. The reason i like him still is because he makes you a better debater and makes you think.

Islam is supposed to have all the answers.. especially true and pure Islam which is Shia'sm. And if Shia'sm must have all the answers then Ex-Muslim had all the questions.. and i always encoraged him not shunned him..like some other brothers and sisters did. they got frustrated with his on and on arguments. I liked him.. he made me think about his questions and made me a better debater. and since he used to ask again again the same questions even thou we already have answered him.. Some of us got better and simple answers for him.. which got me better answers as well..

I think Ex-muslim suffered some losses in life. Thats why he got upset with Allah Almighty and became dissapointed with our creater.

Also, losses as you grow old are part of life. you may gain and you may have a loss.

but he started asking more and more questions and sometimes i wonder.. if he truely has turned into an ex-Muslim. :cry: but these types of people are encorable. the more the ask questions the better it is for us .. for us to seek answers and make us think and reserch and learn more.

Zanadine.

(bismillah)

(salam)

For those who've been with us throughout the years..

Remember the gool ol' days?

:(

How long have you been a member for?

Remember trying to migrate the database from ezboard to IPB :no:

and then shiachat crashing websites on the same server promptings the hosts to abuse us :Hijabi: :blush:

(bismillah)

(salam)

Remember trying to migrate the database from ezboard to IPB :no:

No, I don't remember that. I remember some useless leb working on a script that was never completed, and I remember a poor Iraqi manually copy/pasting a few hundred posts from one forum to another.

I joined May of 2003 :D This site is devilish though. When i'm on break with no responsibilities, i'm never on here, however once school starts and I have a 12 page paper due the next day, you can see me in the chat :P aahh, the shiachat works in mysterious ways...

I joined Shiachat back in 2003 first nice Muslims I met were Islam Liberates Women AKA Al Yashi, and Hussain Rizvi :wub: All very nice people though...I can't believe it though I'm no Muslim but an active member of Shiachat.com go figure ;)

(salam)

The first shiachat sister I got to know was umme aimen kazmi and shiachat brother Hussain Rizvi hehe

wassalam, Sarah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:shifty: Yeah I remember that, Singapore zindabad :D

I joined Shiachat back in 2003 first nice Muslims I met were Islam Liberates Women AKA Al Yashi, and Hussain Rizvi :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love you too :wub:

I joined back in Feb 2003. I had moved away from my hometown, was my first time at a uni and had no friends whatsoever. Shiachat was my only way of socializing at least at that time. I thought of leaving it too cuz the scorpions in the beginning were just crazy (not that they are not today, they are not that active anymore)

Fights with the scorpions, Being the judge for Dj's Battlecrib, Posting my lovely pic wishing I was a girl, meeting syedmed, are a few things I can put on my shiachat resume :blush: :wub:

i came a few times back in the IRC days, but thought it was really boring cuz it seemed like everyone was a fob. And then like 2 years ago i tried registering, but i had trouble validating my account. so i'd try every few months to get my name registered, but it would never work. finally i wrote the webmaster a mean email :angel: and then he registered my account for me in April 2005. :D

And now im a pro at registering & validating new usernames :Hijabi: