Sign in to follow this  
Ali

A Look Back At Shiachat.com, 1998-Present!

Rate this topic

(salam)

Though it seems I've been a member since 22nd of May 2003, it's only been in the past few months that I've become an active member. My sister actually introduced me to shiachat. And my BIL (he used to be a member back in he good 'ol' IRC days).

Wa`Salaam

If I would have registered back in 2003 when I first saw this site I would have achieved um I guess nothing :huh:

* Clear's Throat and walk away* :mellow:

Edited by SayedMohammed

Guest Shia by nature

(bismillah) (salam)

I was a member already back in 2001. I got banned though due to my ultra ANTI sunni statements. I later joined again.

Ali

(bismillah)

Assalam alaykum,

Wow.. cant believe it's almost 3 years that I've been here.

I joined April 2003, quite frankly because alhewar.com was down.. (and has completely and gracefully ceased now :cry: ).. I remember sis jlainqatar (Um Ali on alhewar) mentioned it.. so I thought I'd check it out.. but ShiaChat moved wayyyy too quickly for me to keep up and I thought people were a lot more mean on here than al-hewar (i.e. they'd attack you.. al-hewar was a LOT kinder :lol: ).

So i joined but didnt say much initially.. eventually I started posting more and more.. Have learned a lot about Shia Islam and people in general.. its defintely toughened me up over the years lol :P :shaytan:

Yea it's true. Al-hewar were alot nicer than ShiaChat.com. They would open the door for you, pull out a chair and serve you drinks. Here, we ususally have the door locked, no chairs and you have to get your own drinks, then we charge you for it. It's a love-hate relationship..

Guest Peace

(salam)

When i started uni - believe it or not i didnt have an email adress until i applied to uni - my sunni uncle funnily enough sent me a link to this site. I was part of a sunni board but they didnt like me posting stuff on muharram and so i left it and came here and have wasted half my time at uni on here :wacko:

(bismillah)

(salam)

Hmm...I joined almost a year ago (time flies :blink: I feel old :cry: ). The first person I talked to was sis Bismillah :D and I learned a ton of stuff...I learned more in one year on Shiachat than I did my whole life :blink: . I found it when I was looking for a religious avatar on google, and the words "shiachat" in the URL caught my attention, and I joined the same day.

wa'salam

salam alaikum,

Can't remember when - but in the past I was looking for a way to get in contact with other Muslims/Shias from around the world on the internet and I came across #shia in IRC then I grew tired of it as most of the time there was nothing useful.

Then i don't remember how - i chanced upon shiachat one day

All i can say is keep up the good work Shiachat for the future

wsalams

BTW - just a question are all the previous mods from #shia still active on shiachat?

Edited by NormaL_UseR

(salam)

shiachat looked so different back then (well that yr was the yr i came to aus).It states in my avatar i joined on the 30-September 03 but i used to surf this site before as well :angel: and have been active only since the yr 05 :Hijabi:

I would like to say keep up with the good work :) .

God bless you

Wa/salaam

(salam)

What's ShiaChat.com? Where am I? :D

Just kidding... I just recently joined these forums. I was a member of Shiasource.com but unfortunately it was as quiet as a ghost town...

Anyways, I know how homesick one might feel when hes been a member for quite some time. :P

(bismillah)

(salam)

my sister told me about it and she was so addicted at the time, she'd call me and say 'such a post has been posted, check it out' :lol: and I was like....nah I havent got time for online chatting. Then one day curiousity killed the cat and I took a peek and reluctantly and resistingly started to like it :blush: and ended up quite smitten. Then it became a love hate relationship, some things I love about it and somethings.....well I don't love about it.

I miss some of the old members though :(

ws

Salam alaycom,

Awww, the good ole days, before shiachat was flooded with yougins. The scorpions and feminists used to sting the brothers and we had lovely graphic fights (cough*REJECTED*cough).

PS: Br. Noorfatima still is a troublemaker, only in modsclothing.

Peace,

Um Ali

Salam alaycom,

Awww, the good ole days, before shiachat was flooded with yougins. The scorpions and feminists used to sting the brothers and we had lovely graphic fights (cough*REJECTED*cough).

PS: Br. Noorfatima still is a troublemaker, only in modsclothing.

Peace,

Um Ali

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea... and there some people who took it seriously..............

(bismillah)

(salam)

my sister told me about it and she was so addicted at the time, she'd call me and say 'such a post has been posted, check it out' :lol: and I was like....nah I havent got time for online chatting. Then one day curiousity killed the cat and I took a peek and reluctantly and resistingly started to like it  :blush:  and ended up quite smitten. Then it became a love hate relationship, some things I love about it and somethings.....well I don't love about it.

I miss some of the old members though :(

ws

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Youve got some good vocabulary. Do you happen to be part of a book fan club? :P

Nope, the founder (Hussein from Toronto) just pretty much let it expire..  Now it was taken over by Pakistanies who can't speak English, other than "a/s/l?".

Zain, LOL!  Good find!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam) Brother, You are right not much active members there. I had been with nick Aabiss^Shakari there, then i changed it to Theocratic after that it dropped now i re-register it but the people are more concerned to get aop there and do not inclined to give time there. It has become more an Urdu channel because of the absence of people like you and others. Unfortunately, there are not enough chatters now. I had been op for about 3 times there but due to their policies i have resigned. The new founder is Kazmi from Islamabad. I dream may that channel be a live channel and be a good forum for us. One of the ex-op of #shia dalnet was Ghulam-Abbas (qas) who was martyred in Imam Bargha Ali Raza Karachi. May Allah bless him with his mercy. I invite all people like u to come there and have concern with good discussions there. Peer had also been the op there. He is very nice fellow. You will be disappointed initially but inshallah i shall also help you to establish a good forum. My nick there is Theocratic or Khurram-- . Thank you very much. I shall waith for you and your good team.

Salam alaycom,

D: yes, some took it seriously and left the site. Others, were more forgiving and stuck around.

Peace,

Um Ali

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Though, the most classic line from you was something about "Drip drying" in the "Just for Fun" forum. I actually used that line a few weeks ago when they ran out of toilet paper at the Center :)

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar

Yea it's true.  Al-hewar were alot nicer than ShiaChat.com.  They would open the door for you, pull out a chair and serve you drinks.  Here, we ususally have the door locked, no chairs and you have to get your own drinks, then we charge you for it.  It's a love-hate relationship..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Al-hewar was boring Iman and snail pace slow.

ahhh the good 'ol #islam14 turned #shia days, and the E-jihad against #islam :lol: