Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akidulhassanali

Shia Sources For The Praise Of The Sahaba (RA)

Rate this topic

31 posts in this topic

1) Al Majlisee he himself narrated a tradition from at-Toose stating that Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) told his companions:

''I advise you not to tease the companions of the prophet (peace be upon him), because they are the companinos of your prophet (peace be upon him). They are the companions of those who neither introduced any innovation into the faith nor did they honour any innovators. Yes, this is the advice of the prophet (peace be upon him)''.

Reference: Al-Majlisee, Hayyat ul-Quloob (Volume 2, Page 621)

2) Jaa'far the son of Baaqir, sometimes known as 'as-Saadiq,' (truthful):

''The companions of the prophet (peace be upon him) numbered twelve thousand. Eight thousand from Madeenah, two thousand from Makkah and two thousand from Talakas. None of them was a Qadree (a denier of Allah's Qadr), a Marharbee, a Harooree or a Mut'azilee (a deviant sect in islam known for using too much ration and leaving Quran ayats for rational explanations). None of them held an opinion that clashed with the established tenents of the Qur'aan and the Sunnah....they spent their nights weeping and praying, ''Oh Allah take away our lives before we eat bread''.

Reference: Al-Qummee, Kitab ul-Quloob (Volume 2, Page 621)

3) Ali (may Allah bless his soul) also stated:

''Allah has chosen many people from among the Muslims to approve extend the divine mission. Allah and His Messenger have conferred the highest status on the fisrt two Caliphs, Abu Bakr (may Allah bless his soul) and Umar (May Allah be pleased with him). I swear by my own life that they occupy the greatest position in the fold of Islam. May Allah have mercy upon them, for they suffered intensely for the sake of Islam. May Allah compensate them for their sacrifices.

Reference: Ibn ul-Muthim, Sharh Nahj ul Balaghaa (Iraan) Page 488

4) Furhermore, the book Nahj ul Balaghaa which is attributed to Ali (May Allah have mercy on him) contains many sermons in praise of the companions such as Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) and Umar(May Allah be pleased with him). A further tradition states that when Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) died, Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) asked Allah to bless him and have peace on him saying:

''There is no other person on earth with whose deeds I desire to merge with my deeds, except the man in this coffin (refering to Umar, May Allah be pleased with him )''

Reference: This has been recorded by many Shia scholars:

Sayyid Murtadha in Kitab ush Shaafee, (Page 171)

Aboo Jafar at-Toosee in Talkhees ash Shafee (Iran: Volume 2, Page 428)

Ibn Babwee, Ibn Abee'l-Hadeed and Sudooq in Ma'ani ul Akhbaar (Iran: Page 117)

5) Moreover it is found in another Shia book that Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) said:

''The best men in the community after the Prophet (peace be upon him) is Abu Bakr (May Allah be pleased with him) and Umar (May Allah be pleased with him).''

Reference: Sayyid Murtadha, Kitaab ush Shafee (Volume 2, Page 428).

Edited by akidulhassanali

What is there to answer?

Most of the ahadith up there are about companions in general.

It is your friends who make up lies about Shias hating the companions. (Note: companion is not only resticted to Abu Bakr and Umar as some Sunni like to think).

Edited by Youth Of Ali

shias hate the sahaba! Read what Baqir Majlisi said in his book about Abu Bakr and Umar!

And we are the opposite, we say Sahaba were thousands and thousands, read nukhbatul fikar by Ibn Hajar Al Asqalani on the definition of a sahaba from a sunni point of view.

shias hate the sahaba!  Read what Baqir Majlisi said in his book about Abu Bakr and Umar!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What did he say?

1) Al Majlisee he himself narrated a tradition from at-Toose stating that Ali (May Allah be pleased with him) told his companions:

''I advise you not to tease the companions of the prophet (peace be upon him), because they are the companinos of your prophet (peace be upon him). They are the companions of those who neither introduced any innovation into the faith nor did they honour any innovators. Yes, this is the advice of the prophet (peace be upon him)''.

Reference: Al-Majlisee, Hayyat ul-Quloob (Volume 2, Page 621)

Nothing contrary to this? :D

I think you're forged copy paste from KCY has been exposed.

Try being a bit more subtle next time. :P

Edited by Youth Of Ali

Is Baker, Umer, Othman, Muawiya, Hafsa, Ayesha, et al.. the only "Sahaba" you Bakris know and care about?

Yes we disassociate ourselves from the above ^Enemies of Islam^

Shias love the true Sahaba more than any of you Bakris could ever.

Edited by -ZeinaB-

Youth of Ali, is that the only quote u could answer me on?

What about the other texts?

As for u Qizil-BASHED, ur words mean nothing cause u have too many conflicting reports on the issue of the sahaba.

Edited by akidulhassanali

As for u Qizil-BASHED, ur words mean nothing cause u have too many conflicting reports on the issue of the sahaba.

Your words have the weight of a turd, as for the Fasiqs who you worship as Sahaba, they can go hell. :squeez:

Nope, seems like The quran contradicts ur statement, regarding the Muhajiroon and the Ansar in Surah Taubah.

Surah taubah-RadiAllahuanhum Waraduanh, Wa Aada lahum JANNATIN TAJRIY MIN TAHTI HAL ANHAR''

Go and leanr some Quran!

Youth of Ali, is that the only quote u could answer me on?

What about the other texts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that you are trapped you avoid the issue. Either Baqir Majlisi was against Abu Bakr and Umar or for them. He couldn't be both. So which is it?

Even if these narrations were found in the books that akidulhassanali mentioned , he forgot that the Shia Books aren't 100% authentic like the Sahih Bukhari :!!!:

(salam)

This is the Shiite stance on Companions, mr. Abdel Hasan, and it will always be such;

Some people asked Imam al Redha (a) once about the meaning of the traditions "My companions are like the stars, If you follow any of them, you shall recieve guidance", and another one saying "Leave my companions to me" Both of these traditions are considered by Sunnites as the foundation of their generalization of judgement regarding all companions of the Prophet (s) barring None. thus justifying even their acts wich contradicted Islamic justice, calling what they could not justify as "An error in ijtehad". But the Imam (a) provides us with the actual explenation of these and other such Ahadith outlining in an easy manner their exact meaning. In his answer regarding the first tradition, he says "Yes; He did say this hadith" meaning thereby the companions who did not take any alteration after him or any change (to the islamic creed) He was asked; "How can you tell that they altered and changed?" He said "This is due to what is reported about him (The prophet (s)) that he said; "Certain individuals among my companions will be pushed away by force from my pool (Of kawtar) on the day of judgement just as strange camels are pushed away from the watering place, and i shall cry "O Lord! My companions! My companions!" and it shall be said to me [Prophet Mohammad](s); "You do not know what innovations they invented after you" so they will be pushed away towards the left side (Where hell is), and i [Prophet Mohammad] (s) shall say "Away with them; ruined they shall be."

Even if these narrations were found in the books that akidulhassanali mentioned , he forgot that the Shia Books aren't 100% authentic like the Sahih Bukhari :!!!:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In other words anything which shows the reality of the Sahaba (ra) in ur books, then u will reject it!

Your foundational beleifs are flawed, as it was these very same people who compiled the Quran which u and I read today. So to say these very same people were not upright will cast doubt directly on the Quran, Nauzubillah. Becasue how can we beleive the Quran is authentic, if it came into the hands of 'unjust' people?

^...precisely....that is where the concept of tahreef comes in shi'a theology the fact that it was Uthman (ra) that compiled the quran and according to the shi'as he is destined for hell (astaghfirullah) .......

and a considerable number of shi'as (not all) do infact believe that some alteration may have occured b/c it is known that Uthman did burn all the other Quran's after he compiled the official version of it, that we use to this day and age.......

and they also believe that Ali(ra) had compiled his version of the Quran that was not made the official version....and i am not sure if all shi'as except this .. but one of my friends believes that the original compilation of Ali (the true one) is w/ the Mehdi....and so one can infer that Islam truly will only come into being after the Mehdi....so...basically we are misguided in this day and age.

Edited by alibaba1

th quran was wirtten in the time of prhoet listen to seerah of prophit from suni view for 2 years there are thousdands of referances that say they read quran looked a quran so forth

heres a shia source for you. and our ulema view these are more authentic than your random quotes:

"While I was worthiest of them all . . ." Ali (as)

He said: Abul Hasan Ali b. Muhammad al-Katib reported to me from al-Hasan b. Ali al-Zafarani, who reported from Abu Ishaq Ibrahim b. Muhammad al-Thaqafi, who reported from al-Masoodi, who reported from al-Hasan b. Hammad, from his father, who reported from Razin Bayya' al-Anmat, who said:

I heard Zaid b. Ali b. Husain, peace be upon him, narrating from his father who reported from his father who said: I heard Amirul Mo'mineen, peace be upon him, addressing the people thus: "By Allah, people gave allegiance to Abu Bakr while I was worthiest of them all, together with the attire of mine. But I swallowed my anger, and waited for my Sustainer's will, keeping my chest low to the ground (i.e. adopting a low profile). Then Abu Bakr died, appointing Umar as his successor, though he knew that I was the worthiest of them all, together with this attire of mine. But I swallowed my anger and waited for my Sustainer's will. Then Umar died and made it an agenda for the consultative committee (al-Shura). He appointed me the sixth among the six members, like the share of the grandmother! And he said: 'Kill the dissenting minority;' and by this he meant no one but me. But I swallowed my fury, waited for my Sustainer's will and kept my chest low on the ground.

Then, the dissenting people did what they did after having sworn allegiance to me; and I had no alternative but either to fight against them or disobey Allah."

Al Amali - 19th Assembly

Shaikh Mufid

In other words anything which shows the reality of the Sahaba (ra) in ur books, then u will reject it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

The bitter reality of the first three has been potrayed in the "sahih" books for all to see.

shias hate the sahaba!  Read what Baqir Majlisi said in his book about Abu Bakr and Umar!

And we are the opposite, we say Sahaba were thousands and thousands, read nukhbatul fikar by Ibn Hajar Al Asqalani on the definition of a sahaba from a sunni point of view.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Unlike you, we do not support the hypocrite amongst the companions, and yes, there were many. The special status given to abu bakr and co. has no sound basis at all.

Those idiotic morons at kfc are the only ones who seem to think that the shia do not respect the companions!

Edited by SHIA-OF-ALI

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

Pardon me, but abu bakr and co. were the founders of bidat in Islam (to put it mildly), so how can this possibly be applied to those guys?? :)

Edited by SHIA-OF-ALI

(bismillah)

(salam)

Wow! this thread just made my day lol If you are quoting from our books then can you scan the pages which say these 'Praises'? Also if you think in Hayat ul Quloob Allama Majliasee is praising the Shaba then why does the volume 53 of Bihar ul Anwar also by Allama Majlisee have hadiths against the Shaba? Care to explain that to me?

Also I have read Nahjul Balagh and I have never come across a praise for the 3 Caliphs I have read alot of things which prove their true selves

(salam)

Edited by talk2me

^akidulhassanali must have his own special version which includes praises for the first three :lol:

Edited by SHIA-OF-ALI

May Allah bless the companions of the prophet (pbuh) who did their best to follow everything he said, and who put their lives on the line for Islam and for us today.

Incidents of Sahaba Cursing/Abusing/Beating each other From Sunni Authentic Sources

In Response to

Shia Traditions praising Sahaba

Just to show the opponents a mirror.... here are tens of authentic incidents from 4 authenic Sunni Ahadith Books (Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Muwatta)

http://www.answering-ansar.org/answers/cur...ba/en/chap3.php

Let me give only Single Example here:

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 47, Number 755

Narrated 'Urwa from 'Aisha:

The wives of Allah's Apostle were in two groups. One group consisted of 'Aisha, Hafsa, Safiyya and Sauda; and the other group consisted of Um Salama and the other wives of Allah's Apostle. The Muslims knew that Allah's Apostle loved 'Aisha, so if any of them had a gift and wished to give to Allah's Apostle, he would delay it, till Allah's Apostle had come to 'Aisha's home and then he would send his gift to Allah's Apostle in her home. The group of Um Salama discussed the matter together and decided that Um Salama should request Allah's Apostle to tell the people to send their gifts to him in whatever wife's house he was. Um Salama told Allah's Apostle of what they had said, but he did not reply. Then they (those wives) asked Um Salama about it. She said, "He did not say anything to me." They asked her to talk to him again. She talked to him again when she met him on her day, but he gave no reply. When they asked her, she replied that he had given no reply. They said to her, "Talk to him till he gives you a reply." When it was her turn, she talked to him again. He then said to her, "Do not hurt me regarding Aisha, as the Divine Inspirations do not come to me on any of the beds except that of Aisha." On that Um Salama said, "I repent to Allah for hurting you." Then the group of Um Salama called Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Apostle and sent her to Allah's Apostle to say to him, "Your wives request to treat them and the daughter of Abu Bakr on equal terms." Then Fatima conveyed the message to him. The Prophet said, "O my daughter! Don't you love whom I love?" She replied in the affirmative and returned and told them of the situation. They requested her to go to him again but she refused. They then sent Zainab bint Jahsh who went to him and used harsh words saying, "Your wives request you to treat them and the daughter of Ibn Abu Quhafa on equal terms." On that she raised her voice and abused 'Aisha to her face so much so that Allah's Apostle looked at 'Aisha to see whether she would retort. 'Aisha started replying to Zainab till she silenced her. The Prophet then looked at 'Aisha and said, "She is really the daughter of Abu Bakr."

Was Salam.