Sign in to follow this  
Bahlool

Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia

Sallams,

Anyone from these three countries on ShiaChat : Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia.

Sis. Zareen is the only one I know, probably feels left out.

Sis, tell us more about Shias in Malaysia, I hardly ever hear about them.

Sallams,

Bahlool

Hello Sarah, I am Zareen from Malaysia. I am located in Kuala Lumpur.

I know few Shia families in Malaysia. Most of them are underground. Being a Shia is not something that is advisable these day. The people here use to be warmth and accommodating towards people of other race and religion but for the last 10 years or so things has change dramatically. The wahhabis ulama are taking over and their goal is always pronouncing others as Kafirs

I love Sunni people from Malaysia. They are lovely people. A lot of them have embrace the faith of Ahlul Bayt

There is another br here who I believe is from Malaysia

Well if your relatives are Sunnis and you do not want to have your relationship soured then of course you got to taqiya, rite? For eg. fasting...

And when in the mosque, you can also pray with a turbah on the mat but be prepared to receive stares from the people.. :donno:

I see.

But I think sometimes we need to explain to people and make them understand Shisime so they can have more respect and understanding about our faith. And I believe Malaysian or Singaporean are not fanatics. They are very decent people. All they know about Shia is all the vile things said by enemies of Islam.

I noticed that when you do something that might look strange to people..it is better to ask them and make conversation. Once my Muslim colleague in Malaysia wondered and ask me why I ate very late when most of the people were finished from their dinner. I just told them that there are 2 opinions about breaking of fast. The earlier time and the later time and that I feel comfortable with the later time. Of course important thing to remember is always be charming and polite and have a lot of confidents.

salaams. i was just in singapore (for like six hours, i was en route to india) but i took that tram to the city and a bus tour around the perimeter.

i made it to the sultan masjid (name?) in the arab quarter. i prayed shia style, thought about crossing my arms, but that bothers me. anyway, nobody seemed to mind.

one question: how do you deal with that humidity?

Assalmualaikum.............

helo there....i'm a syiah from Singapore!!! Hmmm... hows Syiah in Malaysia? R u all very active? coz wat i noe is dat Syiah in Malaysia is not being let to practice freely...... Do u have an Imam bargah or a Husseiniyah? Hmm... Ireally want to meet e Syiahs there.... hhmm... since i'm a syiah youth in Singapore, i wld like to ask how is the youths there? Active n dynamic? :D I hope so...

Salamz....

Yes, I think this is the masjid name. The Sultan mosque. I took some guest to Singapore and we had a number of places to see and visit. I think the street is "Arab Street" or something..right? Singapore is so small.

How is the SAR thing going on? Are you guys in safe environment?

Assalamualaikum...........

hhmm... i thk i noe who both sis sarah n sis zahra..... its not dat i dont wanna reveal myself.... i juz wanna keep my profiles low... ^_^ hehe... sorry k... speakin abt SARS.... its bad!!!! argh!!! :!!!: even schs r closed..... :D

Salamz.....

sis. zareen, they have all kinds of street names in the arab section. kandahar street, baghdad street, etc. did u go to the orchard garden? it's like a fantasy.

speaking of SARS, on the flight back, (singapore airlines, of course) the captain called for a doctor on board bc some woman was feverish and coughing. apparently she'd only been in india, no contact w/ anyone from singapore or china, but she gave us all a scare. not to mention the flight attendants wore masks and started walking to the back of the plane real quick

B) hi folks! nice to make lots of friends with you guys around and wondering if you can mail me at rudeboy_ruddie86@hotmail.com or skullz_bend@hotmail.com or joji_al_asri@hotmail.com ;) or iztrudeboy86b@yahoo.com or the7revivals@yahoo.com or skanation786@yahoo.com and lastly or :P cyclop@mail.com ..... well i am very please :D if you guys get along ... bye!!! salaam to you for you guys.... ^_^

(salam) ... im a lover of Ahlul Bait from S'pore...

i made it to the sultan masjid (name?) in the arab quarter. i prayed shia style, thought about crossing my arms, but that bothers me. anyway, nobody seemed to mind.
by Roya a

Actually in all the mosque in spore u dont need do to taqqiyah ... Our Leader Uzt Rosli b. Md Hassan has advice there is not a need to do so in S'pore. Unlike in Malaysia arnt that strict. You wouldnt be Jail for practicing your belif. But then curious ppl would ask.. just feel free to ans them ... I would even put my turbah on the place where i do my Sujud.

a few yrs back i was hav ppl ask me "boy why do u prey diffrently..."

being a kid i had to ask him back .."uncle why do YOU prey diffrently from the rasul?..." :D hehehe (try to imagine the face of tat uncle) :blink:

In Sultan Mosque also i was told of an incident where by a shia Bro was preying and there is tis sick WAHABI guy who took away his turbah!!! . and i ask why do u do tat to see if he continue his prayers whith turbah ... i scolded him "DONT U HAV A MOUTH TO ASK!!??" :angry:

Anyway me and a group of other frens from the youth wing of the Muslim Youth Assembly (a shia organization of s'pore) have set up a website. Youth of HBI

do visit it. we are going to do some changes soon insyallah ..

as for sis Zareen ... I was tinking of opening a central webby for the Shia community for the South East Asia... i hope to do so after my National Service :unsure:

(salam)

sis. zareen, they have all kinds of street names in the arab section. kandahar street, baghdad street, etc. did u go to the orchard garden? it's like a fantasy.

speaking of SARS, on the flight back, (singapore airlines, of course) the captain called for a doctor on board bc some woman was feverish and coughing. apparently she'd only been in india, no contact w/ anyone from singapore or china, but she gave us all a scare. not to mention the flight attendants wore masks and started walking to the back of the plane real quick

Actually yes, I did pass Kandahar street. I was like umm..lol!

Actually I have spend quite a lot of time in Singapore. I used to stay in a place call Lake Garden for sometimes. Let me see If I still remember the place.

Ah..I think it was beside Chinese Garden or something. I cant remember the apartment number as everything in Singapore look so much alike. I really loved that place. I was staying somewhere in level 8 or 9, the corner appt. It was windy and very close to LakeSide. I use to love the train. Too bad they don’t allow people to drive.

When I was younger I was impressed with Orchard but after traveling outside, it doesn’t look impressive anymore. Of course things look better from the other side of the causeway than Malaysia.

I think most of the thing in Singapore are duplicated from some places in USA. In fact I think most of the thing are a copy from the original :)

SARS is quite dangerous. And I think people are sometimes paranoid. But you cant help being paranoid about a disease that has taken almost 90 ppl as a death tool in less than a month and as of now still no vaccine for it yet.

Actually in all the mosque in spore u dont need do to taqqiyah ... Our Leader Uzt Rosli b. Md Hassan has advice there is not a need to do so in S'pore. Unlike in Malaysia arnt that strict. You wouldnt be Jail for practicing your belif. But then curious ppl would ask.. just feel free to ans them ... I would even put my turbah on the place where i do my Sujud.

a few yrs back i was hav ppl ask me "boy why do u prey diffrently..."

being a kid i had to ask him back .."uncle why do YOU prey diffrently from the rasul?..." :D hehehe (try to imagine the face of tat uncle) :blink:

In Sultan Mosque also i was told of an incident where by a shia Bro was preying and there is tis sick WAHABI guy who took away his turbah!!! . and i ask why do u do tat to see if he continue his prayers whith turbah ... i scolded him "DONT U HAV A MOUTH TO ASK!!??" :angry:

Anyway me and a group of other frens from the youth wing of the Muslim Youth Assembly (a shia organization of s'pore) have set up a website. Youth of HBI

do visit it. we are going to do some changes soon insyallah ..

as for sis Zareen ... I was tinking of opening a central webby for the Shia community for the South East Asia... i hope to do so after my National Service :unsure:

(salam)

LOL!! Those Singaporeans would not care if you are a Shia or Sunni. I don’t think Singapore is a very religious country. The Muslims -yes.

Cool website. Good starting point for youth. The plan is good and I think I see a lot of prospect and it will be a good point for the youth.

From experience, I can tell you that when I was younger I was apprehensive on how the Sunni would view us. My parents told us to stay away from them as it will be easier than the questions and possible harassment that will follow. But something about Sunni here, most of them are not really aware of the belief of Shia and neither are their aware of the wahhabis version of Shia. In that case, you have a good opportunity for dawa. I guess we should not be very confrontational. And if they ask, we should tell them our belief. Eventually people will came to accept our belief and us. The problem I am facing now is that at any opportunity that they get they want to have a Shia Sunni debate. :) I don’t think it is about learning anymore but more like wow…!

Sallams,

I'm just wondering, do you Singaporeans or Malaysians here have Chinese type eyes:

some thing like this: <_<

but with a smile :)

just curious,

Bahlool

Salaam

There are Chineses living here in Singapore and they have those type of eyes...(mostly)

Sallams,

I'm just wondering, do you Singaporeans or Malaysians here have Chinese type eyes:

some thing like this: :)

just curious,

Bahlool

Only Chinese have Chinese eyes(squint shape). Indian and Malay have different type of eyes.

(salam)

Sallams,

Bahlool

Actually S'porean are all mix up races... we hav indian/malay, chinese/malay ....like me im arab/malay

the ppl have mix looks ... practically no one are really pure race hehehe ...

(salam)

it's will be really nice to know all of you and well, it is better for me to introduce myself first.

i'm from kl and still studying. i'm aged 20 and a male.

well, It's quite frustrating to live in a country where you cannot openly practise what you believe. But I do believe there many many underground shiite in malaysia not to mention indonesia.

i still praying there'll be somebody from this region who'll get the title ayatollah thus becoming the marja' for this region...isn't it?

(salam)

Bro. emenius nice to know a shia teenager from this region. i always wonder how did the shia community in malaysia accept shia. From who? where? etc....

anyway ur 20 right? so what are u doing now?.. Sch?(where?) or working? etc

there many many underground shiite in malaysia not to mention indonesia
emenius

i didnt know that indonesian shia are going underground?.... From what i see they are freely practicing their faith. they have their own system there.. Madarasa, publication, pesantrian etc

i still praying there'll be somebody from this region who'll get the title ayatollah thus becoming the marja' for this region.

That sure is a high hope for a dua. but its noting impossible... :angel:

any way i was told tat there are really any ayatollah that are not persian. :D

Any way Me and some Brothers are making a trip to Melaka and KL after arbaeen maybe we can some how meet up and hav a gd chat?.... :D

Nice knowing you any way ..

whats ur name any way??

I could go with to Indonesia for free with a friend of mine. He was going to visit his wife and family there. The hospitals in the Netherlands forbid people to go to Indonesia because of SARS. The hospitals aren't prepared to treat people with that sickness. That sucks big time... There goes my free vacation trip! :cry:

As salaam alaykum,

Muhammad Shahid.