naaz_aneen

"you're welcome"

Hmnn..."koi baat naheen" tou asaan hai...but what would you say to something like: "it was my pleasure" in urdu? "mujhay khooshi hoi"?? :unsure: sounds gay..

Wsalamss

Arjumand

Edited by ArJuMaNd

"Welcome" is not the right word to answer "Thankyou". Welcom is the word thats supposed to be used when someone comes to your place or your party. Simmilarly, you say in Urdu when someone come to your home or Party " Khush Amdeed" which is equvivalent of "Welcome" . So Naaz Aneen So what do you say should we say Khush amdeed when some say Shukriya or Thankyou. When Someone Thanks us we should say "Iltemas-e-Dua" (pray for me). what do you guys say?

Northern people use aesi baat nahi ji, but we don't use it, i never heard about it in Bombay, when i was in Delhi i guessed what this people meant by aesi baat nahi everytime i thanked them for soemthing.

Ofcourse in Bombay people say: Aesi baat nahi but its very limited and specific while northern people they have aesi baat nahi in every sentence, its like full stop for them.

:lol:

Northern people use aesi baat nahi ji, but we don't use it, i never heard about it in Bombay, when i was in Delhi i guessed what this people meant by aesi baat nahi everytime i thanked them for soemthing.

Ofcourse in Bombay people say: Aesi baat nahi but its very limited and specific while northern people they have aesi baat nahi in every sentence, its like full stop for them.

:lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like, "mention not" to me.

(salam)

"Welcome" is not the right word to answer "Thankyou". Welcom is the word thats supposed to be used when someone comes to your place or your party. Simmilarly, you say in Urdu when someone come to your home or Party " Khush Amdeed" which is equvivalent of "Welcome" . So Naaz Aneen So what do you say should we say Khush amdeed when some say Shukriya or Thankyou. When Someone Thanks us we should say "Iltemas-e-Dua" (pray for me). what do you guys say?

Khosh amadeed is Farsi, and means "welcome" happy of ur coming, but it's not the same as "you're welcome". You are welcome, is a different statement. I believe sis naaz aneen was asking for "you're welcome" which is answered as "no problem" = koi baat nahin, in urdu.

ws

(bismillah) (salam)

Sounds interesting but I use welcome only never thought of any urdu word :(

"Koi baat nahin" istemaal ho sakta hai shayyad but ziada tar main apnoon ka Thank you accept hi nahin kerti is liye keh apnoon ko kabhi Thank you nahin kehna chahiye :D

Brother Sadqain's Suggestion is nice. :)

Wassalam.

We often say "Iltimas-e-dua".

In Urdu proper, "shukriya nawazish" is also used.

"zehmat maaf" (Appreciate you taking the trouble) is another common one.