Ali

To improve ShiaChat.com... [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Guest Elwiya

^ I gotta say I agree with her.

Also ... if there was no such thing as post-count and top poster of the day, spammers would'nt be as encouraged to spam threads with their useless two-word posts. It really brings down the quality of the forum.

Just for Fun

So none of the fun threads get thrown away in the trashpit, to be deleted forever :cry: My "Would you marry Willy Wonka" poll was not trash pit-worthy :dry: I resent it being deleted!

I totally second that (the fun thread, not the willy-wonka bit - didn't see that thread) Generally just a place for people to post funny stuff :D

And maybe some sort of indicator that shows that someone has quoted your post in a thread that you haven't seen. It's so annoying when you ask someone a question and they never get back to you on it.

Edited by Elwiya

Salams,

Could all the user names that haven't been used for, lets say...a whole year be cleared?

Especially if they have no posts...

Can anyone even remember their passwords for such a long time interval?

Thanks in Advance

(salam)

To improve ShiaChat.com, I would... add, both on the forum boards and the chatroom, a language filter which would generate the following message [username] your message contained unacceptable language and has not been displayed, and make such message NOT DELETABLE by members on the boards.

(salam)

No offence to anyone but lately this place has become serious mas5ara and people have become really childish...I think that is a MAIN issue we need to deal with because I know a few people who arent members but browse this website, and they are turned off by the amount of childishness in some topics.

Agreed. There seems to be some kind of competition to see who can create the silliest of topics. Either that, or to increase their post counts.

Wa'Salaam

(salam)

To improve ShiaChat.com, I would...

well those of you who use the chat feature you will be aware that often we don't tend to have specifc topics

most of the time if its not marriage it seems not many people tend to take part in the discussion.

anyway my thoughts were that themed topics can be discussed.

perhaps at a specific time maybe once a month or fortnightdly

in a debate like fashion or if not just a fctual based thing

Topics such as current affairs that are effecting us today, islamic history or even Quranic.

my apologies if this has been suggested before.

ws

BUMP!

i think this thread still relevant to be bumped

to improve SC, i would re-fixing the online books and media section on the menu...it seem 'deader' than elvis -_-

for everyone to keep there sarcasim to themselves unless somehow over night they became god and can judge. otherwise you can say your religion or sect is right but then so can everyone else. so again just keep an openmind and less with takabor

otherwise you can say your religion or sect is right but then so can everyone else.

This is a place for healthy, scholarly discussion for those who sincerely look for the truth. False claims get refuted. True claims get accepted. This is the natural process of evolution inherent in every discussion. Why would this be upsetting ?

Of course, for anyone (not you) whose been living in a cult bubble and has just burst, acepting the truth is hard to start with, but they get used to it eventually.

I agree with you on the point of takkabur though. :(

(salam)

To improve Shiachat, I would allow your members to invite their friends to come and see your site. Mabey somewhere on the top of the screen you could have a '''Tell-A-Friend''' section, it would increase the amount of members on Shiachat and members could easily get their friends involved with this invitation.

We should have proper mobile access so we can use sc on the go from our mobile phones. At least the personal message notifications should have the message itself so we can read the messages without having to access sc.

We should have proper mobile access so we can use sc on the go from our mobile phones. At least the personal message notifications should have the message itself so we can read the messages without having to access sc.

That would be pretty cool. But ShiaChat is no msn or facebook :P.

Why don't you just install Opera Mini on your phone? :huh: I've done that, you can read all posts and you can post as well.

what about a formalized way to bump a really old thread when one feels like discussing an old topic in a new context/with a new audience?

about 75% of new topics tend to be repeats of subjects that have already been covered in past discussions... this tells me that while stores of information and answers about something may already be available, sometimes people simply need to go through the process of communicating their specific thoughts and concerns about a subject and have them actively addressed... interaction can often help something sink in far quicker than being given reading material, hence the all-around success of SC.

upon seeing repeat threads, many senior members are quick to point out older threads of relevance... so i wonder, on that note, if bumping an old thread could somehow become a formalized action instead of a matter of posting three years after the OP got their answer; might this not encourage newer people to engage in old discussions that still have a present-day applicability, without worrying that their words won't be considered or effectual or needing to post a repeat thread?

i'm not sure exactly how the idea would work... maybe there could be a cap-off of some period of time (ie. a year) after the last reply, and any topic with replies dated past that point could be considered officially old... the topic could still be viewable and searchable as normal, but maybe further replies could be disabled, and a button added beneath the 'new topic' button on that thread saying something like 'request to revive topic'... the requester wouldn't need to fill anything out; would simply need to click that button... the button could trigger a message being sent to all mods alerting them about the request, so they could review the topic and re-open it for discussion if reasonable. at that point, maybe the thread title could automatically alter itself to indicate that the topic had been reopened... this might make it more approachable for hesitant responders and assure them that it isn't too late to make their thoughts count, and prevent responses that simply say the issue has already been covered.

To improve SC, I would..... become admin or mod... :D :D :D :D

Really, I badly want to become one, but I guess I'll have to wait my turn.

To improve ShiaChat I would want the whole volume of Usool al Kafi on ShiaChat, PLUS a Quran too so that I don't have to go to Google each time I want to give reference!

I would also keep changing the color scheme, to prevent SC from becoming boring to its users and attratc more users.

(wasalam)

Basim Ali Jafri

1. Warn users against using disturbing images. Many users on this forum uses picture of Muharam like a man fully covered in blood and holding a sword/knife. It grosses me out and I am sure it grosses out many other users. Imagine your children seeing those kind of things...

2. Include a warning system, for posts intended for 18+ or adults. For example like youtube's warning system or deviantart's.

1. Warn users against using disturbing images. Many users on this forum uses picture of Muharam like a man fully covered in blood and holding a sword/knife. It grosses me out and I am sure it grosses out many other users. Imagine your children seeing those kind of things...

What? - And what about when Shia do that in public for young and old to see?