Ali

To improve ShiaChat.com... [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

On 9/4/2015 at 1:53 PM, Al-Hassan said:

Despite some of the criticism, I really still think we should have every new personal status of a member show up on the right side of the forum similarly like how Facebook shows the status of each person on the newsfeed of their freinds. It would give a strong vibe to the forum which might be essential in the long run, considering the recent decline on the forum activity and I can't think of any harm that could result in implementing that.

Thank you to all members who post in this topic with suggestions. Although SC cannot make all changes, your suggestions are noted. Other members want to streamline the homepage, not add extra stuff, so I cannot promise that SC would make the change you suggested.

I would have every lost post saved as a draft so members don't have to fret over losing a post halfway through writing it (like what happened to me now)

I have lost too many posts over the years so when I'm writing something longish (which is not often these days), I keep pressing CTRL+C after every two lines so that even if I lose the text or the page I can always press press CTRL+V to retrieve it for a fresh post.

But that's me. Automatically save draft feature shouldn't be very hard to put in.

On 9/11/2015 at 3:12 AM, baradar_jackson said:

I would have every lost post saved as a draft so members don't have to fret over losing a post halfway through writing it (like what happened to me now)

Some people type their post in a Word program or make a draft in an email sent to themself, and check the spelling first. Then they copy and paste it at ShiaChat. It is rare to lose a post when you are replying, but if you do you will have a copy in your word processor or your email. 

On 12/28/2016 at 5:27 AM, Wise Muslim said:

Don't ask SC what it can do for you; rather, ask yourself, what can you do for SC?

That's a good slogan.