• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts
  • Interests:dr tahir ul qadri rocks !

WHO SAYS SHIA - SUNNIS CANT BE FRIENDS?

ONE GOD , ONE RELIGION , ONE UMMAH

SHIA-SUNNI UNITY !

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:33 AM

Asalam aleikum, I hope every1 is in the best of health! :)

Ihave came across the word ''deobandi'' online a couple of times and always wondered what deobandi was about? There is one big sunni mosque in southall / london ''abu baqr siddique ''where i went to pray. And the bearded brothers there were looking proper wahabi to me. :dry: :unsure:
I am not sure if this has been discussed previously on shiachat, but my question is do deobandis have similar views as the wahabis?
Are deobandis hostile towards the shias ? (ie writing books against shiaism ?)
I thought hanafi was quite something different then deobandis..hmmm!
does any 1 know ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deobandi

Deobandi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.
Jump to: navigation, search
The Deobandi are Muslims of South Asia and Afghanistan who follow the fiqh (tradition of jurisprudence) of Imam Abu Hanifa. The name comes from Deoband, India, where the madrassa Darul Uloom Deoband is sited. Like majority of Sunni Muslmis, they consider the Shia sect to be an apostate group.

The five main points of the Deobandi movement are:

Tawheed: (Monotheism) of Allah, no one shares His attributes.
Sunnah: Following and loving the methodology of the Messenger of Allah, Muhammad in every small and big matter.
Hubb us Sahaabah: Love of the companions of the Messenger of Allah, and following their way.
Taqleed wal Ittiba': Giving preference to the jurisprudence of one of the earliest jurists of Islam over that of later jurists.
Jihaad fi Sabeelillah: Doing Jihaad in the way of Allah against every evil.

The Deobandi follow Imam Abu Mansur Maturidi, (d.333H) a Hanafi scholar, in Ilm ul Kalaam (Rhetorics) i.e the science of refuting attacks on Islam made using Grecian logic.

The Taliban are reputed to follow the teachings of the Deoband school, although some non-Deobandis claim they follow an extremely strict and simplistic version of the school's teachings. Many of the Taliban leadership completed their studies in Islamic subjects at the Deobandi institute Dar ul Uloom Haqqaaniyah at Akora Khattak in Pakistan.

Some of the early Deobandi scholars included Maulana Rasheed Ahmad Gangohi, Maulana Qasim Nanotwi and Maulana Yaqub Nanotwi. Maulana Rahmatullah Kairanvi, the famous polemicist who emigrated to Arabia after the 1857 war, was also one of their associates.

See also: Islam

[edit]
External links
Dar ul Uloom Deoband
Dar ul Uloom Karachi
Hadhrat Deobandi Rahimahullah
al-Balaagh Magazine Canada
Madrassah Ina'amiyah South Africa
Madrassah Sawlatiyah Makkah Mukarrammah
Dar ul Uloom Zahidan, Iran
Jaami'ah Farooqiah Karachi
Jaami'ah Ashrafia Lahore
Al-Ahnaaf E-Zine
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia..../wiki/Deobandi"

Edited by Mary_Poppins, 14 December 2005 - 06:34 AM.

#2 goinpeace

goinpeace

Purrrrrrr

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:14 AM

From what I've been reading, they are one and the same as a wahabite. They are grouped into the nasibi cattagory in this article I've read on this site.

http://www.answering...s/en/chap13.php

It seems as though they hate the Shia.....

#3 Hani_el_Ba7rani

Hani_el_Ba7rani

In the serving of Ahlulbait (a.s)

• Advanced Members
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Islam

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:25 AM

brother the deobandi is one of the sunnis sects you can say they are the hanafi version of wahabism - because wahabi came from the hanbali sect that is the sect in KSA... they are part from the salafis sects like wahabis and jihadi salafi .... one of the famous deobandi organization is taliban and the terrorist organizations in pakistan who is responsible for attacking shia and suffis or Barelvi the suffi sect in pakistan ,, i do not know really if both the deopandi sect of pakistan and india are same or not

more infornmation in this link :

http://www.globalsec...am-deobandi.htm

read there answer to this question :
http://www.islam.tc/...tions/3195.html

Edited by Hani_el_Ba7rani, 14 December 2005 - 08:27 AM.

#4 Tears4Allah

Tears4Allah

• Banned
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:02 PM

Us salaamu Alaikum

Yes some would call them wahhabies, but they arnt as bad as them lol.
They are pretty hostile against shiaism and well some sunni's as well.
In the past couple of years they have made attempts to comeback to mainstream sunni islam.
Allah will guide them inshallah.

Walaikumus Salaam

#5 guest123

guest123

hopla hopla hopla .there goes my umbrella

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts
  • Interests:dr tahir ul qadri rocks !

WHO SAYS SHIA - SUNNIS CANT BE FRIENDS?

ONE GOD , ONE RELIGION , ONE UMMAH

SHIA-SUNNI UNITY !

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:09 PM

hey thanks bros/sis goingpeace, hani and tears4allah i will def look up and read the articles Thanks alot :)

may Allah bless u all

#6 zameel

zameel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 03:17 PM

Asalam aleikum, I hope every1 is in the best of health! :)

Ihave came across  the word ''deobandi''  online a couple of times and always wondered what deobandi was about? There is one big sunni mosque in southall / london ''abu baqr siddique ''where i went to pray. And the bearded brothers there were looking proper wahabi to me. :dry:  :unsure:
I am not sure if this has been discussed previously on shiachat, but my question is do deobandis have similar views as the wahabis?
Are deobandis hostile towards the shias ? (ie writing books against shiaism ?)
I thought hanafi was quite something different then deobandis..hmmm!
does any 1 know ??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Assalamu alaikum

Deoband is a place in India. The school Darul Ulum Deoband was erected there and their teachings spread throughout the world. Deobandis are not Wahhabis although they possess traits of Wahhabism. Fortunately the modern Deobandis are beginning to incline toward the majority Sunni in the matters they used to side with the Wahhabis.

Some of the aspects in which the scholars of Deoband erred were in regards to life of the Prophets and Awliya in their graves, calling the Messenger and the pious to do du'a etc., but today the Deobandis are accepting the view of the majority.

It is true the Deobandis are very strict in their rulings and call any who curse the Shaykhayn Kafir. This latter view is supported by the Sunni Fuqaha (jurists) of the past but the correct opinion according to Ahmad Raza and the scholars of the day is that the Shiah who deny the khilafah of the two and curse them are people of innovation and Fasiqun (rebellious).

In Fiqh, belief (mostly) and spiritality, Deobandis are identical to the Ahlus Sunnah. They follow one of the four madhhabs, are ash'ari/maturidi in aqeedah and follow the Sufi orders, all of which the Wahhabis do not. Therefore the Deobandis are clearly not the same as the innovators, the Wahhabis.

"Hanafis" are people who follow the Hanafi school of thought in Fiqh.

Sunni Islam of the modern day extending for over a millenium through the ijma' (consensus) of the Muslims, is taken from the following:

-Fiqh: the schools of Abu Hanifah, Malik, Muhammad, Ahmad, which were developed by their students

-Aqeedah: the schools of Ash'ari and Maturidi who agreed in almost everything with the exception of a few minor issues (it is not necessary to subscribe to a school of Aqeedah as long as the basic Aqeedah is believed)

-Tasawwuf: any one of the developed orders of tasawwuf (e.g. Chisti, Naqshbandi, Shadhili, Qadiri etc.) (it is not necessary to subscribe to one of these)

Assalamu alaikum

Edited by zameel, 14 December 2005 - 07:06 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users