Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sadiq kazmi

hazrat akbar(as)

8 posts in this topic

slamz:

Was Hazrat akbar greater than Hazrat Sajjad (as) in the ocassion of KARBALA.I read this passage in the relegious book.

786/110

Salam!

Dont know the exact answer, cuz till this moharrum i believed that Ali Akbar (a.s) was 18 on the day of 3ashura and Imam Ali Zain-ul- 3iba' (a.s) was around 25.

Just the other day, I read online somewhere that Imam Ali Zain (a.s) said something like, "I had another brother Ali, elder to me, but the cruel enemies killed him in Karbala". Forgot the website. And I guess, here Imam (a.s) is refering to Ali Akbar (a.s).

Maybe, someone is going to put an authentic answer. Insha Allah!

Name : al-Akbar(a.s.)

Title : Shabih-e-Payambar (Look-alike of the Prophet(pbuh&hf)

Agnomen : Ali

Father : Imam Hussain(a.s.) - the 3rd Holy Imam

Mother : Bibi Umm-e-Laila(a.s.)

Birth : 5th of Shabaan 44 AH

Death : Martyred in Karbala (Iraq) at the age of 18, on friday, 10th Muharram 61 AH and buried there

Name - Ali-ibn-ul Husain

Title - Zain-ul Abideen

Kunyat - Abu Muhammad

Born - Saturday 15th of Jamadi-ul-Awwal 38 A.H, at Medina

Father's Name - Husain ibn Ali

Mother's Name - Shahr Banoo, daughter of King Yazdigard II

Died - at the age of 58 years, in Medina , on the 21st of Muharram 95 AH. Poisoned by Waleed bin Abdul Malik Marwan.

Buried - Jannat-ul-Baqi .

IF U MEAN WAS HAZRAT ALI AKBAR GREATER DEN OUR 4TH IMAM, DATS WOT I FINK U MEAN. ALL I HAVE 2 SAY EACH INDIVIDUAL WAS GREATER IN DERE OWN WAY. NO ONE WAS GREATER DEN 1 ANOTHER.

(salam)

I think the bro means in the evnt of Karbela......Hazrat Ali Akbar actually faught in Karbela but Imam Zain-ul-Abiedeen was too ill to fight! In a sense he was greater in Karbela but only physically....as Imam Zain-ul-Abiedeen was the next Imam which mean he was infallible! So infact he was actually greater! If that makes sense!

All were great including the friends fighting for Imam Hussain at Kerbala.

However, Hazrat Ali Akhbar was great in the battle and Imam Zain-ul-Abedeen was great in the proceedings.

Don't forget just as Hazrat Ali-Akhbar endured physical and mental torture in the Kerbala battle, Imam Zain-ul-Abedeen had to endure similar torture in the aftermath, including living with the memories.