- - - - -

Photo
- - - - -

Did Hazrat Mohammad ever intend to divorce Aisha?

21 replies to this topic

#1 sarahhasan

sarahhasan

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:03 AM

Salam,

I wanted to know that did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ever consider to divorce Aisha.I surely read it in a book by a shia author(where it was mentioned that he discussed the matter with Hazrat Ali (as) & a few more persons) & now looking for a sunni source for the same.

Is it true that he divorced two of his wives .If yes, what were the reasons.

I dont want to start another thread on Aisha so please dont repeat the things discussed earlier & please stick to the topic.

#2 sarahhasan

sarahhasan

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:59 PM

I really want to know the reasons for divorces.If its true.

#3 imam ali's slave

imam ali's slave
  • Advanced Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 03:58 PM

(bismillah) [COLOR=red]
salam ya sarahhasan please i want to know the name of the book you read,hence it is from shia source. :Hijabi:
if hand can hide the view of the sun then the ligth of ahl-bait (as) can be hiden :D

[COLOR=blue]
leave like ali (as) dia like hussain (as) "allahumma wallih man walahum wa aziil man azahum"

Edited by imam ali's slave, 16 August 2005 - 04:02 PM.

#4 sayed_ali

sayed_ali

sayed_ali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:10 PM

Bismillah ar-rahman ar raheem
[66.1] O Prophet! why do you forbid (yourself) that which Allah has made lawful for you; you seek to please your wives; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
[66.2] Allah indeed has sanctioned for you the expiation of your oaths and Allah is your Protector, and He is the Knowing the Wise.
[66.3] And when the prophet secretly communicated a piece of information to one of his wives-- but when she informed (others) of it, and Allah made him to know it, he made known part of it and avoided part; so when he informed her of it, she said: Who informed you of this? He said: The Knowing, the one Aware, informed me.
[66.4] If you both turn to Allah, then indeed your hearts are already inclined (to this); and if you back up each other against him, then surely Allah it is Who is his Guardian, and Jibreel and -the believers that do good, and the angels after that are the aiders.
[66.5] Maybe, his Lord, if he divorce you, will give him in your place wives better than you, submissive, faithful, obedient, penitent, adorers, fasters, widows and virgins.

After playing the maghafir smelling breath joke on the Prophet (SAW), Aisha and Hafsa were found out because Allah informed the Prophet (SAW), and Allah threatened them by saying what He did. I find no evidence that the Prophet himself intended to divorce them but he was indeed disheartened by their behaviour.

#5 Muslim-Sister

Muslim-Sister

Follower of Ahlulbayt Insh'Allâh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Alhamdulillâh for everything I got.. Thank Allâh every moment! The richest of people is (one) who is satisfied with what Allâh has chosen for him.<br /><br />If we could get arrested for being a Muslim, would the police have enough evidence to bring us in?

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:56 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

After playing the maghafir smelling breath joke on the Prophet (SAW), Aisha and Hafsa were found out because Allah informed the Prophet (SAW), and Allah threatened them by saying what He did.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 434:

"Narrated 'Aisha: Allah's Apostle used to drink honey in the house of Zainab, the daughter of Jahsh, and would stay there with her. So Hafsa and I agreed secretly that, if he come to either of us, she would say to him. "It seems you have eaten Maghafir (a kind of bad-smelling resin), for I smell in you the smell of Maghafir," (We did so) and he replied. "No, but I was drinking honey in the house of Zainab, the daughter of Jahsh, and I shall never take it again. I have taken an oath as to that, and you should not tell anybody about it".

[Shakir 66:4] If you both turn to Allah, then indeed your hearts are already inclined (to this); and if you back up each other against him, then surely Allah it is Who is his uardian, and Jibreel and -the believers that do good, and the angels after that are the aiders.

Bukhari Volume 6, Book 60, Number 437:

Narrated Ibn Abbas: I intended to ask 'Umar about those two ladies who back each other against 'Allah's Apostle. For one year I was seeking the opportunity to ask this question, but in vain, until once when I accompanied him for Hajj. While we were in Zahran, 'Umar went to answer the call of nature and told me to follow him with some water for ablution. So I followed him with a container of water and started pouring water for him. I found it a good opportunity to ask him, so I said, "O chief of the Believers! Who were those two ladies who had backed each other (against the Prophet)?" Before I could complete my question, he replied, "They were 'Aisha and Hafsa."

I don't know if that answer your question, but Allâh ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì exposed their acts and revealed the verse about them.

Ma'Salaam..

#6 sarahhasan

sarahhasan

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

(bismillah)            [COLOR=red]                                                                                           
salam ya sarahhasan  please i want to know the name of the book you read,hence it is from shia source. :Hijabi:                         
if hand can hide the view of the sun then the ligth of ahl-bait  (as) can be hiden :D                 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The book was "Life of Prophet Muhammad".but sorry I forgot the name of the author.I am sorry for presenting something without any reference.
Forget the Aisha part ,just tell me did Hazrat Muhammad divorce any of his wives.

#7 imam ali's slave

imam ali's slave
  • Advanced Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:18 AM

[color=yellow][quote name='sarahhasan' date='Aug 17 2005, 09:52 PM']
The book was "Life of Prophet Muhammad".but sorry I forgot the name of the author.I am sorry for presenting something without any reference.
Forget the Aisha part ,just tell me did Hazrat Muhammad divorce any of his wives.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quo te]
[/COLOR]

(bismillah) (salam)

thank you very much,i will go through it. :D

remember there will no alteration in islam :(

Edited by imam ali's slave, 19 August 2005 - 07:22 AM.

#8 Muslim-Sister

Muslim-Sister

Follower of Ahlulbayt Insh'Allâh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Alhamdulillâh for everything I got.. Thank Allâh every moment! The richest of people is (one) who is satisfied with what Allâh has chosen for him.<br /><br />If we could get arrested for being a Muslim, would the police have enough evidence to bring us in?

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:45 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I don't think so, never seen an ahadith which tells that.

Ma'Salaam.

#9 SHIA MASTER

SHIA MASTER
  • Advanced Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:14 PM

Salam,

I wanted to know that did Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) ever consider to divorce Aisha.I surely read it in a book by a shia author(where it was mentioned that he discussed the matter with Hazrat Ali (as) & a few more persons) & now looking for a sunni source for the same.

Is it true that he divorced two of his wives .If yes, what were the reasons.

I dont want to start another thread on Aisha so please dont repeat the things discussed earlier & please stick to the topic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IT IS ONLY A LIE SPREAD BY SOME PEOPLE
Allah IS THE WITNESS..
AISHA WAS HIS MOST BELOVED WIFE

#10 Path2Felicity

Path2Felicity

Real Eyes Realize Real lies

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 05:17 PM

Allah IS THE WITNESS..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, that was Lady Khadija (as).

Wasalaam

#11 FriendlyGuy

FriendlyGuy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 09:23 PM

Salaam,

According to Shia sources, Imam Ali (as) informed Aisha after the Battle of the Camel that he had the authority given to him to divorce Aisha from the Prophet (SAW) even after his death [thus removing some of her special benefits]. However, history shows that neither the Prophet (SAW) during his lifetime, or Imam Ali (as) after the Prophet's lifetime divorced Aisha despite her despicable actions. As such, we can mostly assume that the Prophet never intended to divorce her. As to why, I honestly have no idea. I can only speculate that it may have something to do with the "double punishment" for any wives of the Prophet that commit bad deeds clause.

-
FG

#12 sarahhasan

sarahhasan

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:47 AM

Salam,

I watched it on QTV, a lady telling that the Prophet (pbuh) divorced two women in his life.However ,i dont remember their names & now have almost forgotton about the reasons for that.
I was just wondering what these women do, that they deserved such punishment.

Here people know quite a lot about Prophet's life but it was surprising that no one knew about this.

Atleast, I expected some replies from Aliya, Aashiq e rasool,Umm Alawi & a few more persons.

#13 Only A Myth

Only A Myth
  • Advanced Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:03 AM

Salaam,

According to Shia sources, Imam Ali (as) informed Aisha after the Battle of the Camel that he had the authority given to him to divorce Aisha from the Prophet (SAW) even after his death

What "Shia sources" do you speak of?

#14 imam ali's slave

imam ali's slave
  • Advanced Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:17 PM

Salam,

I watched it on QTV, a lady telling that the Prophet  (pbuh) divorced two women in his life.However ,i dont remember their names & now have almost forgotton about the reasons for that.
I was just wondering what these women do, that they deserved such punishment.

Here people know quite a lot about Prophet's life but it was surprising that no one knew about this.

Atleast, I expected some replies from Aliya, Aashiq e rasool,Umm Alawi & a few more persons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"there shall be no compulsion in religion"(Qur'an 2:256)
is it that you watched it on QTV or you read it?watching on QTV or other TV can't be a prove, that is why i can't be able to see some thing like that in the book you brougth as your prove.Please stop telling lies,let the enligthened hearts accept the truth.
:angry: :angry: :angry:

#15 imam ali's slave

imam ali's slave
  • Advanced Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 03:30 PM

Allah IS THE WITNESS..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any prove for that,QUR'AN or HADITH did not account that,where did it come from?
Go back and see what Qur;an & Hadith say about Khadijatul khubra(as)

ask those who knows,if you don't know(qur'an)

#16 Aliya

Aliya

shiachat resident

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,793 posts
  • Interests:Discussing and learning about Islam and other religions; learning about other cultures; discussing current affairs. Please don't pm me asking for my messenger, etc. I don't chat with ppl I don't know.

Posted 01 September 2005 - 12:26 PM

(salam) I have read in various places the following event(s), these are found in Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 7, Book 63, Number 181:
Narrated Al-Awza:

I asked Az-Zuhri, "Which of the wives of the Prophet sought refuge with Allah from him?" He said "I was told by 'Ursa that 'Aisha said, 'When the daughter of Al-Jaun was brought to Allah's Apostle (as his bride) and he went near her, she said, "I seek refuge with Allah from you." He said, "You have sought refuge with The Great; return to your family."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Volume 7, Book 63, Number 182:
Narrated Abu Usaid:

We went out with the Prophet to a garden called Ash-Shaut till we reached two walls between which we sat down. The Prophet said, "Sit here," and went in (the garden). The Jauniyya (a lady from Bani Jaun) had been brought and lodged in a house in a date-palm garden in the home of Umaima bint An-Nu'man bin Sharahil, and her wet nurse was with her. When the Prophet entered upon her, he said to her, "Give me yourself (in marriage) as a gift." She said, "Can a princess give herself in marriage to an ordinary man?" The Prophet raised his hand to pat her so that she might become tranquil. She said, "I seek refuge with Allah from you." He said, "You have sought refuge with One Who gives refuge. Then the Prophet came out to us and said, "O Abu Usaid! Give her two white linen dresses to wear and let her go back to her family." Narrated Sahl and Abu Usaid: The Prophet married Umaima bint Sharahil, and when she was brought to him, he stretched his hand towards her. It seemed that she disliked that, whereupon the Prophet ordered Abu Usaid to prepare her and to provide her with two white linen dresses. (See Hadith No. 541).

Volume 7, Book 69, Number 541:
Narrated Sahl bin Sad:

An Arab lady was mentioned to the Prophet so he asked Abu Usaid As-Sa'idi to send for her, and he sent for her and she came and stayed in the castle of Bani Sa'ida. The Prophet came out and went to her and entered upon her. Behold, it was a lady sitting with a drooping head. When the Prophet spoke to her, she said, "I seek refuge with Allah from you." He said, "I grant you refuge from me." They said to her, "Do you know who this is?" She said, "No." They said, "This is Allah's Apostle who has come to command your hand in marriage." She said, "I am very unlucky to lose this chance." Then the Prophet and his companions went towards the shed of Bani Sa'ida and sat there. Then he said, "Give us water, O Sahl!" So I took out this drinking bowl and gave them water in it. The sub-narrator added: Sahl took out for us that very drinking bowl and we all drank from it. Later on Umar bin 'Abdul 'Aziz requested Sahl to give it to him as a present, and he gave it to him as a present.

#17 ya imam zaman

ya imam zaman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:22 AM

yes the prophet did divorce aisha becasue he gave imam Ali the permission 2 divorce him from any of his wifes and during 1 of the wars imam ali divorced aisha from the prophet and thast y we dont concider aisha 1 of the mother of the beleivers

#18 sarahhasan

sarahhasan

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 01:49 PM

"there shall be no compulsion in religion"(Qur'an 2:256)              
is it that you watched it on QTV or you read it?watching on QTV or other TV can't be a prove, that is why i can't be able to see some thing like that in the book you brougth as your prove.Please stop telling lies,let the enligthened hearts accept the truth.
:angry:  :angry:  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which book did you read?I searched on net for it & found that There are many books by the name of "Life of Prophet Muhammad".I forgot the author's name of the book I read.(which talked about divorcing Aisha).

On Q TV I watched a woman telling that Prophet Muhammad divorced two( I am not sure of the number)of his wives.which Aliya presented in her replies.Where are the lies.

dont open your big mouth without proper understanding.First enlighten yourself & then preach others.

Edited by sarahhasan, 03 September 2005 - 01:51 PM.

#19 ya.ali786

ya.ali786

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 05:01 PM

(salam)

ive never personally heard the Prophet of Islam (pbuh) divorce any of his wives or his intentions were of divorcing.

But just to say, i've done a bit of study in to christianity, and what it says or ive heard that Christainity has allowed divorces in exempt cases, becasue the hearts of people are too hard. Apparently Prophet Jesus(pbuh) said that from what i remeber from my study into christianity.

waslam Hassan

if someone can clarify my point on wat i said that would be grateful

#20 Smeagol

Smeagol

SubhannnAllah!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:51 PM

(salam)

Sorry if im a little out of context, but whenever i think of Aisha i think of the story of Prophet Hud.

From the commentary of Qummi of Surah Hud v 57-60

the "Ad" were a people of strong build and huge stature. THey lived in the forests and worshipped idols. However much the Apostle Hud (pbuh) exhorted them to give up idol-worship and embrace Islam, they paid no heed to his advice. God caused a drought and for years together not a drop of water rained from heaven. At last a group of the people gathered at the door of Hud and a black woman with ugly face and a bald head came out and coming to know that the people had assembled to pray to God for rain, said : "What!, if the prayer of Hud was so sure to be heard by God, he would have prayed for himself, for his own cornfields are totally burnt and destroyed by the sun".
The people however requested Hud to pray for rain. Hud prayed and told the people to return to their villages saying, "Go Ye! it has rained in your places and again food has come cheaper."
The people then asked who the old ugly woman was, who appeared at his door and spoke to them. Hud said that she was his wife for whom he prayed to God to give her the longest life possible.
When they asked as to why he prayed so, Hud replied:

"God created not a believer but with an enemy, she is my enemy. It is better to have an enemy under us than being under an enemy".

After the rain the ppl prospered but never changed their ways. They were at last wiped out of existence.

ws

#21 zaidi999

zaidi999
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts
  • Religion:Shia' Muslim

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

yes the prophet did divorce aisha becasue he gave imam Ali the permission 2 divorce him from any of his wifes and during 1 of the wars imam ali divorced aisha from the prophet and thast y we dont concider aisha 1 of the mother of the beleivers

ASAK,

Can i have some books ref.regards to this tradition of Imam Ali a.s giving permission to Divorce any of his wive from Prophet s.a.w.w? if possible please give me books name and page numbers on this tradition!

Was Salams

Zaidi

#22 Significance of 12

Significance of 12

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Religion:Islam- Shi'a

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

Allah IS THE WITNESS..

The prophet (pbuh) loved bibi Khadija more than all his other wives put together. Allah will not be a witness to falsehood.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users