Perform a bath, go under the sky, pray 2 Rak-a't Namaaz,

like Fajr Namaaz, and recite the following "Ziyaarat" of

Imam Husayn (A.S.), after the Salaam, facing Karbala:

[imam Muhammad bin Ali Al Baaqir (A.S.) told Alqama ibn

Muhammad to recite this dua'a on the day of Ashooraa

and whoso recites this Ziyaarat enjoys the status of the

Martyrs of Karbala, and gets the recompense like those who

go to Karbala to perform Imam Husayn's Ziyaarat]

Peace be upon you, O Aba Abdullah! Peace be upon you, O son of the Messenger of God!

peace be upon you, O son of the commander of the faithful, the forebearer of the successors!

Peace be upon you, O son of Faatimah, the choicest among the women of the worlds!

Peace be upon you, O the select, surpassing, chosen in preference over all good of God, and son of God's (such) good.

Peace be upon you, who was martyred while fighting heroically in the cause of God, the son of God's fearless warrior, you were isolated and had been attacked with a vengeance!

Peace be upon you and on those souls who had gathered in your camp, and strided along with you, in your journey.

I pray and invoke God to keep all of you tranquil and restful, forever; as long as I am alive, this is my prayer, and till night and day follow each other.

O Abaa Abdullah! Peace and blessings of God be upon you, unbearable is the sorrow, nerve-racking is the agony, you put up with, for us and for all the (true) Muslims, crimes committed against you also shocked and unnerved the dwellers of the heavens, one and all.

May God curse the people who laid the basis and set up the groundwork, to wander astray and turn aside from not only you and your family but to take liberties and bear hard upon you.

May God curse the people who tried to obscure and deny your office and status,

wilfully neglected your rank and class God had made known in clear terms.

May God curse the people who killed you. May God condemn and damn the abettors who instigated and had a part in your murder.

I turn to you and God, away from them, their henchmen, their followers and their friends,

O Abaa Abdullah, I pray and invoke God to send blessings upon you.

I make peace with those who make their peace with you, I make war on those who go to war

against you, til the Day of Judgement.

May God curse the family of Ziyaad and the family of Marwaan; may God curse the tribe of Umiyyah, one and all, altogether; may God curse ibn Marjaanah; may God curse Umar bin Saad; may God curse Shimr; may God the people who celebrate, enjoy, sing and dance on the day of your martyrdom.

I, my father and mother are at your disposal. I pray and invoke God to send blessings upon you; profound is my sorrow for you.

I ask God, who honoured you above others, to be generous towards me on account of you,

and give me the opportunity to be with the victorious Imam, the descendant of Muhammad (God’s peace and blessing be upon him and his family) at the time of the final and decisive battle war against God's enemies.

O God make me attend to Thy cause, sincerely, in every respect following in Husayn's footsteps, in this world and the Hereafter.

O Abaa Abdullah, I pray and invoke God to send blessings upon you. I come nearer and seek greater intimacy with God, with His Messenger, with the Commander of the faithful, with Faatimah, with Hasan and with you, with the help of your love and patronage, cutting off every connection with those who took up arms against you and killed you.

I sever all links with those who, in the beginning, took the first steps to take liberties with and bear hard upon you, I take refuge with God and His Messenger (blessings of God be upon him and on his children), free from the guilt of associating with those who laid the foundation for (your suffering), devised and carried out their corrupt plan of action,

boldly gave currency to reign of terror and cruelty to oppress you and your friends and followers; I detach myself from them and present myself to God and to you, I (first) seek greater intimacy with God and then with you to win your love and patronage, and

to make friends with your friends, cut off all links with your enemies, and with those who planted the seeds of hostility against you, and reject and discard their associates, their followers and their friends.

O Abaa Abdullah, I make peace with those who made peace with you, I search out and confront those who waged war against you, I make friends with those who stood

by you, I strive against those who came in conflict with you, therefore, I make a request to

God to acquaint (me) with the awareness that perceives you and your friends, to set me free from the corrupting influence of your enemies, to make me keep company with you in this world and in the Hereafter, stand firm beside you and follow your footsteps closely in

this world and in the next world.

I beseech Him that He helps me to reach your highly praised station, given to you by God,

(to meet you), that He provides me the opportunity to fight for justice and fair play along with and under the leadership of the rightly guided guide (from your progeny) who surely will come and speak the truth.

I beseech God in the name of your right and the purpose He assigned to you, that He verwhelms me with grief in memory of your sorrows, more than the personal grief that torments anyone who is in great agony, sorrows which have no parallel and overshadow all calamities that took place in the history of Islam, or for that matter, throughout the whole universe.

O my God, in my on the spot situation, treat me like him (or her) who obtains from Thee (Thy) blessings, mercy and forgiveness.

O my God, bring me to life again, after death, in the place Muhammad and his "Aal"

(children) are dwelling, and make me depart from this world like Muhammad and his

"Aal" (children) had left.

O my God this day is a day of rejoicing for the "Bani Umayyah", the herd of hardened criminals, the eternally damned and accursed group, a fact that had been made public by Thee and by Thy Prophet (blessings of God be on him and on his children), who, in every place and at all occasions, drew attention of people to this truism.

O my God curse Abu Sufyaan, Mu-a'awiyah bin Abu Sufyaan, Yazid bin Mu-a'awiyah and let it be an everlasting curse upon their from Thee.

Today the descendants of Ziyaad and Marwan make merry, laugh and dance because

on this day they killed Husayn (blessings of God be on him).

O my God, therefore, double up the curse Thou bringe upon them and also the punishment

Thou decree for them.

O my God, I seek nearness to Thee today in this frame of mind, cutting off all links with them for the rest of my life, denouncing them because of my love for Thy Prophet and his children,

peace be on him and them.

O my God curse the first tyrant who unjustly and wrongfully usurped that which rightly belonged to Muhammad and the children of Muhammad, and bring curse upon those who, after him, followed in his footsteps.

O my God curse those conspirators who vexed and harassed Husayn,

showed eagerness, agreed mutually, and joined hands to kill him.

O my God bring curse upon all of them.

Peace be upon you, O Abaa Abdullah, and on those souls who came to your camp to put themselves at your disposal. So far I am alive and the days and nights follow each other

I invoke God to send blessings upon you forever and ever.

May God not make my this pledge of close association, physical as well as spiritual, with you the last fulfilment.

Peace be on Husayn,

and on Ali son of Husayn,

and on the children of Husayn,

and on the friends of Husayn.

O God, let the curse I call down on the head of the first tyrant stick like a leech;

and stay put forever on the first, then the second, the third and the fourth. O God curse on the fifth Yazid son of Mua'awyah, and bring a curse upon Ubaydullah bin Ziyaad, ibn Marjanah, Umar bin Saad, and Shimr, and on the descendants of Abu Sufyaan, on the descendants of Ziyaad, on the descendants of Marwaan, till the Day of Judgement.

O God! (All) praise is for Thee (alone); praise of the "Ever-thankful to Thee", who glorify Thee whatever come to pass. (All) praise is for God for my deepfelt intense grief. O my God make available for me the recommendations of Husayn on the day I present myself before Thee, let me stand firm in safety before Thee on account of my sincere attachment with

Husayn, along with him and his comrades, who sacrificed everything they had (heart, mind,

soul and life)for Husayn, peace be upon him.