Sign in to follow this  
Sadaat

To all Indo-Pak Syeds

Salam alaikum,

This is my return to Shiachat after some absence.

To all SYEDs of India/Pakistan...

The question is... when your ancestor arrived from Iran to India:

What was their name?

What Imam (as) did they descend from?

Which town/village did they arrive to?

An example:

Syed Abul Farah Wasti

Zaidi Syed

Sadat-e-Bahra, Muzaffar Nagar, UP.

If you know any other information like in which year they arrived and how many generations down from certain Imam (as) they are then that is interesting too.

Dont give any answer like Karachi, Lahore etc. because they are not Syed villages - Syeds only moved there after some period of time - they never arrived and settled there first.

No offence to non-Syeds. This is part of some interesting research I am doing.

Please no one deviate from the question in hand.

Just give the answer and thats it. - If you are family of another person of this forum then send them PM - please dont ruin this thread.

Thanks.

Khuda Hafiz.

Many of the Ja'fari syyeds (coming orignally from india or pakistani muhajirs) come from a village called Peharsar. This town was settled/conquered/liberated by our ancestor known affectionately as "dada-ji jalaal", or more properly Jalaluddin. As far as I know, this was in the time of Sultan Altumish, but if that's wrong anyone may correct me here.

Edited by majafri

Salam alaikum,

Peharsar, Bharatpur (Rajasthan) ?

Is the same Jaluluddin known as Shah Jalal?

Very interesting.

I urge all Syeds to come along and post. Ask parents if you don't know.

What I've learnt is: I know a supposed "Syed" who's from South Africa, originally India (sunni)...

But when you look at the lineage; he is actually the an ancestor of Uthmaan :lol:

He says that he is from the prophet's family if you ask him... Because he says the word "Syed" comes from "syidinah" (Hence Sydinah Uthmaan)

Does that make sense :huh:

But when you look at the lineage; he is actually the an ancestor of Uthmaan  :lol:

He says that he is from the prophet's family if you ask him... Because he says the word "Syed" comes from "syidinah" (Hence Sydinah Uthmaan)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

It makes no sence and is infact against Sunni belief and Sunni books.

WS

What I've learnt is: I know a supposed "Syed" who's from South Africa, originally India (sunni)...

But when you look at the lineage; he is actually the an ancestor of Uthmaan  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:wacko:

But anywayzz the correct definition of a Sayyid is anyone descendant from "Hashim", so you have Hashimi Sayyids & Fatimi (as) Sayyids...............

Therefore, you do not have to be descendant (pbuh) of the prophet to be a Sayyid...

But this guy you talking about is no type of Sayyid...........

Wassalam,

http://www.india.ndirect.co.uk/pehaher.htm

"PEHARSAR(RAJASTHAN)

Peharsar is a village located just 30 kms from bharatpur. Its original name was lohagarh. Legend has it that it was captured in just three hours by sultan mahmud. Pehar means a three- hours period and sar means victory and hence the name. It is an ideal point for visit to ghana bird sanctuary, which is just 23 kms away."

This is indeed that. I've also heard about the peharsar legend as well. I'm not sure when Jalaluddin (no idea if he is also "shah jalal") settled there, but I'm guessing he probably came with the conquering army of sultan mahmud. Any other Jafris care to elabrorate here?

Salam alaikum,

Peharsar, Bharatpur (Rajasthan) ?

Is the same Jaluluddin known as Shah Jalal?

Very interesting.

I urge all Syeds to come along and post. Ask parents if you don't know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by majafri

it's actually quite interesting that u mention the Gardezi family. In fact a number of other saddat families have also entered Pak/India via that route, and have been naqvi as opposed to Zaidi.

If u ever analysis the movement of the Naqvi family u come to understand that there are two branches, the first from Bukhara who are generally the descendents of Syed Jalal-al-din 'sorkh' Bukhari and the naqvi family of Ghardez origin who are from the line of Syed Mustapha Ghardezi (mustaphabad in India, UP is orginally named after him)

The Ridhavi line, or rizvi as they are known in Pak/India seem to have a number of links into the subcontinent. The earliest ive come across is in 1555 during the time of the then king of the mughals who ran to iran and gained the help of the 3rd Safavid King and returned to India to defeat Sher Shah Suri. The commander of the army was a general by the name of Syed Ghozal and his son Syed Sozal who later settled in Jaunpur UP if i have that name spelt correctly. They were Shirazi i think originally and Jaunpur became known as shiraz-e-Hind for a while due to the then natural beauty.

Other Rizavi family members came over to India as missionaries, especially via the Afghanistan route. We have a huge portion of Rizavi Saddat having come over from Sabzwar.

Anyhow that's a little bit of info for your research

duas

SEYED

Salaam alaikum,

Thanks for all information given so far.

Does anyone have informations on the holy families Khandaan-e-Ijtehad and Baqir-ul-Uloom families and their routes taken.

I believe Khandaan-e-Ijtehad arrived to Bareilly in a place called Jaees.

Baqir-ul-Uloom family to Kashmir.

I heard Rizvis also arrived to Zaidpur.

Zaidis arrived to Muzaffar Nagar and Muthikpur, Meerut and Bijnor (Uttar Pradesh). I believe (especcially in the case of Muzaffar Nagar) that the ancestor was Syed Abul Farah Zaidi al-Wasti.

Taqvi Syeds arrived to Amroha and Badshah.

Naqvi Syeds arrived to Amroha through general Syed Sharfuddin aka. "Dada" Shah Wilayat who is the ancestor of every Naqvi in Amroha (several hundreds of Naqvis now spanning worldwide).

Also Naqvis in Bareilly.

Anybody care to add to this?

WS.

SALAM

I AM ZAIDI, FROM HAZRAT ZAID BIN IMAM ZAIN-UL ABIDEEN (as) . MY ANSESTERS SETTILID IN A VILLAGE NEAR MURADABAD IN INDIA. MANY OF THEM STILL LIVE THERE. MY FATHER CAME TO PAKISTAN

Guest newshia

Why did the Sayyids fight for the Mughals lol. Did they just need a job or...

Why did the Sayyids fight for the Mughals lol.  Did they just need a job or...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Salaam alaikum,

Syeds were called from Iran to be generals in India. Their importance was recognised by their family and the ones in those days are unlike now where you have so-called Syeds doing all kinds of haraam acts.

If you read about the history of people like Syed SharfUddin of Amroha, you will know there is high spirituality factor of him.

When they came from Iran they were given lands as rewards and that's why I know some that own several villages (or atleast did until the modern generation sold the land off for some quick cash) :(

Guest newshia
Salaam alaikum,

Syeds were called from Iran to be generals in India. Their importance was recognised by their family and the ones in those days are unlike now where you have so-called Syeds doing all kinds of haraam acts.

If you read about the history of people like Syed SharfUddin of Amroha, you will know there is high spirituality factor of him.

When they came from Iran they were given lands as rewards and that's why I know some that own several villages (or atleast did until the modern generation sold the land off for some quick cash) :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got any links for more information?

Btw, you are Amrohvi?

Salaam alaikum,

Syeds were called from Iran to be generals in India.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In most cases, they weren't "called" from Iran. They fled to India to escape the persecutions to which they were subjected. But yeah, they were treated well in India, where they were awarded big lands, and the monthly stipends from the nawabs.

Guest Shia by nature

(bismillah) (salam)

Syed Sharfuddin Shah wilayat. Arrived in AMROHA, UP (sadaat-e-Amroha) from Iraq- the iraqi city was called WASIT. We are NAQVI. Im from Amroha.

Ali

Edited by Shia by nature

lol the ones i know are Jafri

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maulana Syed Raza Haider Tirmizi who read at Idara-e-Jaaferiya for the first Ashra is infact a Zaidi Syed. Many Zaidis in India use the name Tirmizi.

(salam)

So basically you are referring to 99% of the Indian & Pakistani population. :D

Khoda Hafez

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If one does not have anything constructive to say, one should remain silent. 99% of India and Pakistan are not Sayyids and neither have they claimed to be. If one thinks for one second, one would realise that 75% of India is HINDU, so that statement makes no sense whatsoever.

In other words, your joke was not funny.

If u ever analysis the movement of the Naqvi family u come to understand that there are two branches, the first from Bukhara who are generally the descendents of Syed Jalal-al-din 'sorkh' Bukhari and the naqvi family of Ghardez origin who are from the line of Syed Mustapha Ghardezi (mustaphabad in India, UP is orginally named after him)

Correction, there are many more Naqivis's as you call them, they may not necessarily be also only in the sub-continent, my mom's side is from a family which was settled in Khorasan for a looong time before it came to Panipat, and it has no connection with the Naqivis as you know them.

There was a very famous Pir called Abdullah Ansari of Herat, form the early,11th century, he had a daughter who was married to a grandson of Imam Naqi (as) called Khwaja Ali and settled in Khorasan, and that line is called the Khwajagan-of the Syed variety, a branch of this migrated to Panipat on the mongolian destruction-13 the centruy, but some did not, and kept links with the clan and did so migrate even as late as the 19th centruy, so 800 years of family history outside the known Naqivis (this is a very small clan not like millions), well documented, get you the Shajara sometime, Mom's got it, WaSalam!

Edited by M59