Sulayman of the Heart

Shia-chatters in Mauritius?

Salaams all,

Inshallah I shall be arriving in Mauritius Thursday morning and shall be leaving four days later. If there are any brothers here who are (or shall be) in Mauritius during this time, please do le me know. Alhumdulillah, it shall be really wonderful to meet up and share a cup of coffee toghether :D

Your bro,

Sulayman

Guest ScarFace
Run around the beach in tight shorts for me  :blush:

seriously man, what is wrong with you?

Insha'Allah you reach there in safety. Mauritius is such a beautiful island and has kind people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alhumdulillah, thanks for your prayers. Have you been there before, brother? Is there any place that you recommend that I should visit?

are there msulims in Mauritius?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually one-fifth (same as khums, eh?) are muslims. And I believe Eid is an offical public holiday. I'm not sure how strong are the shia community, though...

seriously man, what is wrong with you?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's the medication :mellow:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More likely, it's the lack of medication :!!!:

Zain-another picture of nightmares!  You do know sponge bob is gay right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does he look gay to you!!?!?! I THINK NOT!!!

post-2198-1115162468.gif

Ok...a while back someone on shiachat posted an article from BBC saying sponge bob is gay and he is, just like ernie and bert are gay as are other cartoons such as chip n dale, I can't remember the other one. Let me find the article, then you can all enjoy!

Ummm, im trying to move this thread to the local community forums, but i have no idea where Mauritius is located on the globe! :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't too till I had found out I was travelling there and then I did a google search :P It's a teeny weeny island at the tail end of Africa.

Anyway, looks like there aint any shia chat members at Mauritius after all....(either that or they're there working under-cover on a top secret mission for Ali to convert the oh so-boring Maurituns to Serious Dedicated Die-hard shia chatters...) Oh-well, I guess when I go down there I'll join them on this noble cause.

Keep smiling :-)

Sulayman

^ I researched it on google too!

The Republic of Mauritius is an Quick Facts about: island

A land mass (smaller than a continent) that is surrounded by waterisland country in the southwest Quick Facts about: Indian Ocean

The 3rd largest ocean; bounded by Africa on the west, Asia on the north, Australia on the East and merging with the Antarctic Ocean to the southIndian Ocean, about 900 km east of Quick Facts about: Madagascar

A republic on the island of Madagascar; achieved independence from France in 1960Madagascar. The island is part of the Quick Facts about: Mascarene Islands

Quick Summary not found for this subjectMascarene Islands, with the Quick Facts about: French

The Romance language spoken in France and in countries colonized by FranceFrench island of Quick Facts about: Réunion

The act of coming together againRéunion 200 km to the southwest and the fellow island nation of the Quick Facts about: Seychelles

A republic on the Seychelles islands; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1976Seychelles to the northwest.

...but was still confused! lol

Anyway thanks for the info.

Alsalam alikum,

I found a Shia community in Mauritius, it is called:

Shia Ithna Asheri Jamat of Mauritius

Telephone: +230 2406539

Address: 57 Madad ul islam street, Port- Louis Mauritius

Actually, this is a very late reply, but may be this helps Shia who will move there in the future.

On 5/1/2005 at 10:05 PM, Sulayman of the Heart said:

Salaams all,

Inshallah I shall be arriving in Mauritius Thursday morning and shall be leaving four days later. If there are any brothers here who are (or shall be) in Mauritius during this time, please do le me know. Alhumdulillah, it shall be really wonderful to meet up and share a cup of coffee toghether :D

Your bro,

Sulayman

Is there an Islamic center in Mauritius؟

On 7/5/2016 at 3:03 AM, fotros73 said:

Is there an Islamic center in Mauritius؟

Salam, @fotros73 This topic is 11 years old and most of the people are not active. The member BaqiyatullahY said the Shia mosque is in Port Louis. If you google "Shia Ithna Asheri Jamat of Mauritius" you can see their phone number at the salatomatic.com website. 

Zahra1 posted the phone number above, but the number at salatomatic website is longer, with an extra 5 in it.

On 8/2/2016 at 11:17 AM, hameedeh said:

Salam, @fotros73 This topic is 11 years old and most of the people are not active. The member BaqiyatullahY said the Shia mosque is in Port Louis. If you google "Shia Ithna Asheri Jamat of Mauritius" you can see their phone number at the salatomatic.com website. 

Zahra1 posted the phone number above, but the number at salatomatic website is longer, with an extra 5 in it.

Hi I did not find that address
Please send me your phone number
Thank you for your kindness

2 minutes ago, fotros73 said:

Hi I did not find that address
Please send me your phone number
Thank you for your kindness

I live in the US. This is the Mauritius information: 

Shia Ithna Asheri Jamat of Mauritius
57 Madad Ul Islam Street, Port Louis, Mauritius 
phone +230 5 240 6539