Sign in to follow this  
syed_shia

shia hadith systen,

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Simple.

Whats the shia hadith system like.

Its seems to be so hard to keep up because of the fact the grading of the hadith seems to be changing over time?

also how authentic is ''a bundle of flowers'' and ''al amili''.

Is there a definate consensus of the ulemah saying everything here is sahih? cuz if its not, why have i got this at home, why am i reading it.

What books can i refer to to know the authenticity of hadith, and its isnad?

salaamz

(bismillah)

(salam)

Shia have several collections of hadith. But we dont claim anyone of them to be 100% Sahih. All these books are man made collections so there is chance of error. The only 100% Sahih book is QURAN.

Sunnis have two books that they "claim" to be Sahih. Muslim & Bukhari. But we dont think so.

There is software now available that tells you the authanticity level of the hadith in different books. Its called Dirayat al-Noor. I think it is in Arabic. Here is the link:

http://www.noorsoft.org/eng/index.asp

WS

Edited by Orion

(bismillah)

(salam)

ok so according to which mujtehid gradings is it based on?

It is likely to have the views of several scholars.

and is this accepted by all the scholars of islam?

Bro, it would be impossible for "all" to agree on one thing.

and also:

how authentic is ''a bundle of flowers'' and ''al amili''

Bundle of flowers was compiled by Ayatullah Sayyid Kamal Faghih Imani so it is likely to have hadith that he thaught to be authantic. Similarly, Al-Amali hadith are the dictations of Sheikh al-Mufid. So they are likely to be authantic according to him.

Again it is possible that other experts of hadith may find some problems with some hadith in them.

WS

so where can i know which other mujtehids dont agree or agree on the hadith located in Bundle of flowers and al Amili?

ok one more question....

The bundle of flowers, are the hadith which were compiled by Ayatullah Sayyid Kamal Faghih Imani, are they all ''authentic'' according to him?

(bismillah)

(salam)

so where can i know which other mujtehids dont agree or agree on the hadith located in Bundle of flowers and al Amili?

I gave you the link to the software.

ok one more question....

The bundle of flowers, are the hadith which were compiled by Ayatullah Sayyid Kamal Faghih Imani, are they all ''authentic'' according to him?

It says in the introduction of this book:

"...the present valuable collection of holy traditions which were carefully selected by Ayatullah 'Allamah Mujahid Al-Haj Sayyid Kamal Faghih Imani."

WS

@syed_shia It greatly depends on what subject you want to read hadiths about:

1. If you are reading about theology, the grading of hadiths are not very important, because you must authenticate them with reasoning. So beside reading a trusted book, you need to listen to a trustworthy Islamic scientist about the meaning.

2. If you're reading about ethics and morality, then you need not care about the grading very much either; because the intention to lie about such hadiths are very low, and the risk in doing the wrong thing according to an unauthorized hadith is not big. More importantly, we have a set of authentic hadiths saying that if you act according to a hadith because it says you will get a reward (thawab) if you do so, then Good will give you the reward even if the whole thing were a lie.

3. But if you're reading about your duties and ahkam, the things that are wajib or haraam, and everything that is critical in your afterlife salvation or damnation, then you must meticulously examine the chain of transmitters using high levels of Rijal science in order to avoid false hadiths as much as possible. Then you cannot trust any book as a whole and must dedicate your life to do the best possible. And since this is almost impossible for ordinary people in today's world, we have something called "marja'iyyah" or a type of people whose job is to do so, and become experts and give you the best possible results.

Now if you are reading for the first and second purpose, I recommend Usul Kafi which is almost the most authentic book of Shia. And for the third purpose I recommend you to follow Ayatollah Sistani or Khamenei, for fatwas in different subjects.

And don't forget to pray for me :)