10 replies to this topic

#1 Saif_ul_Haq

Saif_ul_Haq

Naqvi

• Advanced Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:15 PM

How many prophets r still alive?

got this from another thread: "In Islam it is known that Noah lived to be over 1000 years, Prophet Khidr is still alive and his estimated age is approximately 3000 years, Imam Al-Mahdi is still alive and his age is over 1000 years, Prophet Isa is alive in heaven and his estimated age is over 2000 year, Prophet Idris is alive in Heaven and his age is over 6000 years"

R ther any other prophets that r still alive?

#2 ahlulbayt_lover

ahlulbayt_lover

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 12:37 PM

Salam

I have heard from a knowledgeable Islamic lecturer that Hazrat khizr might not be a prophet, I mean it doesnt say in Qur'an that he is a nabi.

does any one know?
ws

#3 Link

Link

...for those who intend not to exult themselves in the earth...

• Banned
  • 5,515 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:21 PM

(salam)

Nabi Idris (as) is still alive and in a high heaven, Nabi Elyas (as) is still alive on Earth

Khidr (as) is still alive on Earth, and Isa (as) is still alive and in heaven

Edited by Link, 22 April 2005 - 03:22 PM.

#4 shia imami ismaili muslim

shia imami ismaili muslim

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 05:04 AM

(salam)

Nabi Idris (as) is still alive and in a high heaven,  Nabi Elyas (as) is still alive on Earth

Khidr (as) is still alive on Earth, and Isa (as) is still alive and in heaven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ACCORDING to Quran,no Bashar has ever been given an eternal life.Quran says that every Nafs has to taste the death(KULLU NAFSUN ZAIIQATAL MAWT).
SIMILIARLY,ANOTHER VERSE SAYS;O Prphet!no individual and men(fard-o-bashar) has ever been given eternal life before you,so if you die,will these people live forever.Every nafs has to die------------Alkahaf:21;34.
SO the Quran excludes the possibility of anybody,if he is a bashar,being eternally alive physically!!! be he Jesus,Khidr or Imam Mehdi!

Khidr (as) was an Imam in his time;He had been given Wilayat and Ilm Ladunni(Quran---18:65),which he passed on to his posterior,that is the coming Imam,which still continues in the PERSON of Ismaili Imam.The people forgot this very reality that "the chosen Imam is alive among them,and they got hold of the MYTHOLOGIES".

The eternal life of Khidr (as) here implies the perpetual Imamat which is eternal,always living in a manifest form among the people.THERE is no reason for Khidr (as) to be physically alive,for Allah is hayyu nazir,seeing but unseen,then why do we need anybody else alive,seeing but unseen?
WHAT is the rationale and logic behind this?

#5 rahat

rahat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

Four Ambiyah are still physically alive. In other words, they had not tasted death as yet. They are Hazrat Esa and Hazrat Idrees (alaihimus salaam) in the skies and Hazrat Khidr and Hazrat Ilyaas (alaihimus salaam) are on the earth. (Madaarik)
42. Hazrat Ilyaas and Hazrat Khidr (alaihimus salaam) make Hajj annually and they meet at the well of Zam-Zam where from they drink. Thereafter, they do not find the need to eat or drink for the entire year. (Fatawa Razvia)

#6 shia imami ismaili muslim

shia imami ismaili muslim

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 01:54 AM

Four Ambiyah are still physically alive. In other words, they had not tasted death as yet. They are Hazrat Esa and Hazrat Idrees (alaihimus salaam) in the skies and Hazrat Khidr and Hazrat Ilyaas (alaihimus salaam) are on the earth. (Madaarik)
42. Hazrat Ilyaas and Hazrat Khidr (alaihimus salaam) make Hajj annually and they meet at the well of Zam-Zam where from they drink. Thereafter, they do not find the need to eat or drink for the entire year. (Fatawa Razvia)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear brother Rahat,

(salam) and Ya Ali Madad,

When u say that 4 prophets are alive, I respect your belief. I don’t mean to offend your belief! I would like a few questions to be cleared, hopefully, you will enlighten us;

1.ACORDING to Quran, every bashar has to taste death. THIS doesn’t end here. Another verse says that no bashar is alive before Muhammad. SO as per your belief, are there contradictions in quran!!!!!!!!!

2.ISLAM is a religion of Nature(deen-e-fitrat),so the teachings, doctrines and practices should not be against the nature.SO,is the belief of any bashar being physically alive for so long not in confrontation with nature???

3.AS per the teachings of Imam Ali and Imam Jafer Sadiq,islam is a religion of intellect or aql.Religious practices and doctrines should not be unreasionable.So does science accepts the possibility of such a long life(physical) for a man?

4.IF at all we accept, or made to believe, that this is true, would you tell us; what is the logic behind their being alive? WHY should they be alive? Why should they be unseen? WHY don’t they alive among the people in a manifest form, so that we can benefit from their guidance!!!!

DOES THE BELIEF YOU MENTIONED IN YOUR POST MAKE A SENSE TO THE SCIENTIFIC MIND OF 21ST CENTURY??? I am doctor mind you!!!!!

#7 shirazi

shirazi
  • Basic Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

Dear brother Rahat,

When u say that 4 prophets are alive, I respect your belief. I don’t mean to offend your belief! I would like a few questions to be cleared, hopefully, you will enlighten us;

1.ACORDING to Quran, every bashar has to taste death. THIS doesn’t end here. Another verse says that no bashar is alive before Muhammad. SO as per your belief, are there contradictions in quran!!!!!!!!!

2.ISLAM is a religion of Nature(deen-e-fitrat),so the teachings, doctrines and practices should not be against the nature.SO,is the belief of any bashar being physically alive for so long not in confrontation with nature???

3.AS per the teachings of Imam Ali and Imam Jafer Sadiq,islam is a religion of intellect or aql.Religious practices and doctrines should not be unreasionable.So does science accepts the possibility of such a long life(physical) for a man?

4.IF at all we accept, or made to believe, that this is true, would you tell us; what is the logic behind their being alive? WHY should they be alive? Why should they be unseen? WHY don’t they alive among the people in a manifest form, so that we can benefit from their guidance!!!!

DOES THE BELIEF YOU MENTIONED IN YOUR POST MAKE A SENSE TO THE SCIENTIFIC MIND OF 21ST CENTURY??? I am doctor mind you!!!!!

Dear Brother,

I have registered to this site just to reply to you comment :)... I have a question....You must have read about what is gonna happen on the day of judgement. Death will be brought to the shape of a Lamb and will be slaughtered and after then no one will die. We will live forever...Do you want it to be proved logically..Oh sorry...just a moment, Do you believe in hereafter? Many of the prophets had some miracles...Hazrat Mohammad S.A.W divided the moon into two pieces, do you want its logic? Sorry I am a believer but i dont have it..and i dont want it either :)

King Regards

Edited by shirazi, 29 June 2009 - 03:47 PM.

#8 Republican

Republican

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Dear brother Rahat,

Salam,

I don't know why no one has answered you yet, but here goes,

Your assumptions are correct, Every Nafs za'ikat el mawt, I agree, we all do,
but you are assuming that they will live like everyone else, an average of 50-60 years before they leave this earth,
and here is your fallacy...

May I remind you, that in the Holy Qur'an, it also indicates that the Prophet Noah has lived for 950 years!!!!

isn't this what the Qur'an states? is this reasonable to you? is it scientific enough?
Science have proven that certain genes are the cause of why we get old and die, so if we can alter these genes, we can theoratically live for a considerable time,
my question here, can God almighty alter our genes? can he make a human being immortal if he wants to?
of course he can)) because he have the ultimate will, the will to change anything and everything.

It is just a matter of strong belief in God and his message,
you are falling into a dangerous zone, without you realizing it,
our religion is based on the metaphysical and the unseen as much as it is based on concrete matters,
if you don't believe in the unseen, you can't believe in God.

I hope I made my point clear enough,

Peace be upon you all,
(salam)

#9 Masjid-e-Tulsi

Masjid-e-Tulsi

masjid-e-tulsi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts
  • Interests:Bird watching<br />gardening<br />fun &amp; games<br />art movies

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:02 PM

[quote name='shia imami ismaili muslim' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:04 AM' post='973177']
Khidr (as) was an Imam in his time;He had been given Wilayat and Ilm Ladunni(Quran---18:65),which he passed on to his posterior,that is the coming Imam,which still continues in the PERSON of Ismaili Imam.The people forgot this very reality that "the chosen Imam is alive among them,and they got hold of the MYTHOLOGIES".[quote]

Salaamu-ya-Haq Chaar Baap-o-Jai Shri Krishnan Madad was Salaam
Jashn-e-Wiladat-e-Haidar Mubarak

Ha ha ha Nice Joke. Then again how shure it is the person of this Imam of yours? :!!!:
Also the thing is can you proove any where by any source that you are correct? :mad:
Besides what link does he have to H.z Khidr (a.s) like as you have said , proove your extraordinary statement.
Also with regards to your Ismaili Imam from lots of sources it says that he is Illegitimate so can you proove other vise?
Because in Islam following an illegitimate person is just not allowed.
In that case you are dangerously breaking the rules. :wacko: :shaytan:
Also may I know what exactly do you mean by Mythologies?
Besides even in your "Ismaili faith" there is Mythological content. Some of it seems to be influenced by Hinduism as well.
Besides have you ever tried to read Shia beleifs for your self? Also who here raised the queastion of Imamate as Prophethood was being discussed right now & not the dispute over Imamate so better stick to the topic, and if we start talking this issue you wont like what were going to come up with. :shaytan:

Bombay Shareef
Bombay Shareef
Bombay Shareef

Seyedna Vidhya Balan (ra)

Edited by Masjid-e-Tulsi, 17 July 2009 - 03:09 PM.

#10 baqar

baqar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,129 posts
  • Interests:The true message of the Ahlul Bayt (as)

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:40 PM

Another verse says that no bashar is alive before Muhammad. So as per your belief, are there contradictions in Quran

Could you please quote the verse ?

Thanks

#11 Ali Huzaifa

Ali Huzaifa

Nothing was there and nothing will last other than Allah

• Banned
  • 3,007 posts
  • Religion:Allah,Muhammed(s),Quraan
  • Interests:to be amoung the best of people, here and here after INSHALLAH...

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

Subhanallah All prophets are alive in different state and different Situation,may Allah be please by them all...

Allah humma salle alaa muhammed waalaa aale muhammed kama sallayta wasalamtaa wabaraktaa warahimtaa ala ebhrahim waalaa aale ebhraahim fill aallaamin innaakaa hamidun majid.

Edited by Ali Huzaifa, 17 July 2009 - 11:46 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users