Sign in to follow this  
Muhammad 1425

Qunoot

Rate this topic

Just like to ask the appropriateness and/or etiquette of performing qunoot, as to what is the best recommendation act:

1) Is it as follows:

... after reciting the sura in the 2nd rakat, say allahuakbar, raise both hands high up, palms meeting together, fingers spread out, then say salawat, then ... say something like "robbana aatina fiddunya hasanah wafil akhirati hasanatan waqina ad'za bannnar" ... then say salawat, wipe the face, say allahuakbar, then perform ruku .... ?

2) What if I do the abv minus the salawat, is it appropriate?

3) What if after the 2nd sura, my hands still by my side, I just recite "robbana aatina fiddunya hasanah wafil akhirati hasanatan waqina ad'za bannnar" then say allahuakbar then go ruku?

4) BTW, what does "qunoot" mean, translated from Arabic?

5) In shia congregational prayers, how are qunoot performed by prayer leader and follower, what's the practice like?

TKS

^ Salaam.

1. Actually wipping the face is not seen everywhere. Some wipe the face but most I've seen don't wipe the face at the ending of the qunut.

And yeah the process is right I think.

2. EDIT: A Hadith of the 6th Imam (a) says: Whoever has a wish he wants Allah to fulfill, let him begin with blessings on Muhammad and his family, then let him ask his wish, and end by sending blessings on Muhammad and his family. Allah is nobler than to accept the first and the last (the blessings) and reject the middle.

(Salawat is a dua for the Holy Prophet (s) and his family. Whoever includes that dua is assured of the acceptance of his dua for himself.)

So u MUST say salawaat at least in the qunut. :)

3. The Qunut in salat needs raising hands. Though it is a mustahab thing, it still has got some methods. :)

and as for Q. 4 n 5... i hope some others will answer you. :)

Fee Amanillah.

2. There is a clear hadith that if there is no salawaat ... the duas do NOT reach to Allah. So u MUST say salawaat at least in the qunut. :)

Where could I find that hadith.

What I have learned and think is best that you truly say salawaat in the beginning and ending your duas.

so that means that after the second Surah in the second Rakah, I cna say AllahuAkbar and go directly into Ruku?

yeah u can.

I heard that Qunut is very liked by Allah and its the second nearest position to Allah. The first nearest is the sijdah. :)

Just like to ask the appropriateness and/or etiquette of performing qunoot, as to what is the best recommendation act:

1) Is it as follows:

... after reciting the sura in the 2nd rakat, say allahuakbar, raise both hands high up, palms meeting together, fingers spread out, then say salawat, then ... say something like "robbana aatina fiddunya hasanah wafil akhirati hasanatan waqina ad'za bannnar" ... then say salawat, wipe the face, say allahuakbar, then perform ruku .... ?

2) What if I do the abv minus the salawat, is it appropriate?

3) What if after the 2nd sura, my hands still by my side, I just recite "robbana aatina fiddunya hasanah wafil akhirati hasanatan waqina ad'za bannnar" then say allahuakbar then go ruku?

4) BTW, what does "qunoot" mean, translated from Arabic?

5) In shia congregational prayers, how are qunoot performed by prayer leader and follower, what's the practice like?

TKS

1)in addition to wat u mentioned keeping the hands in front of one’s face, turning the palms facing the sky, and keeping both the hands and fingers close together.i used to wipe my face after qunoot & then i sent qs. about this wiping to different ayatollahs & no one said that its sunnat infact ayatollah khameni said that its makrook to do that so now i dont do it ( GOD KNOWS THE BEST) .

2)its better to do salwat before & after qunoot but u can do it without salwat. its not necessay . u can also say only subhanallah in qunoot too

3)raising hand in qunoot is not necessary & u cann keep ur hand to ur sides

4)donno

5)i donno wat u specifically wants to know . u have to read ur own qunoot even if u r in congregation. u can repeat wat imam is saying or u can read ur own qunoot ( in low voice obviously) . keep it in mind that reading of qunoot by the imam is not sufficient for u & u have to read ur own qunoot. but if u decide to not to read qunoot than u r going to loose all the rewards of qunoot but ur prayers will b in order( exception is eid prayers as it is necessary to read qunoot in eid prayers so if u r not reading qunoot in eid prayers than ur eid prayer is void)

nadeali67 said:

5)i donno wat u specifically wants to know . u have to read ur own qunoot even if u r in congregation. u can repeat wat imam is saying or u can read ur own qunoot ( in low voice obviously) . keep it in mind that reading of qunoot by the imam is not sufficient for u & u have to read ur own qunoot. but if u decide to not to read qunoot than u r going to loose all the rewards of qunoot but ur prayers will b in order( exception is eid prayers as it is necessary to read qunoot in eid prayers so if u r not reading qunoot in eid prayers than ur eid prayer is void)

Can you bring sources please? about 5)

salam

Where could I find that hadith.

What I have learned and think is best that you truly say salawaat in the beginning and ending your duas.

salam.

I cant find the source.. but I heard it.

So I am gonna edit my post with the hadith that I found.

5 hours ago, Mohsin Bokhari said:

I have a question related to this topic. Can the qunoot be recited in any language. I know this discussion took place literally 10 years ago but please reply 

If you read in Arabic from the words of the Holy Qur'an or from duas of Ahlul Bayt AS in your Qunoot, then your dua would be worthy. However, since Qunoot is mustahhab, not wajib, you can make any dua in any language. May Allah accept your dua. 

See this topic for more information:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235049997-salat/?sortby=date

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
To add the link.