i alavi u

have you seen the Prophet (or an Imam) in a dream?

Rate this topic

salam alaikum,

Yes i have seen prophet mohd (saw) in my dream. This hapenned in the year 1999, one evening i was discussing islam with a sunni brother, he asked me what will u do if Salman Rushdie appear in front of you, I said i will kill him. The same night i saw prophet mohd(saw) along with Ali (as). Mohd (saw) was smiling at me... Wallah, i cannot forget the face... its still in my eyes as a fresh dream...

Shiraz

(bismillah)

(salam)

Inshallah we will have the honor of seeing our imam in person soon.

Do dua for his return...

It is said that if dua al ahad is done for 40 days then either that person will see the imam in his lifetime or if he dies before the return..then he will be raised up (resurrected) to fight alongside him.

Inshallah

1st

isalmicly u r NOT supposed 2 tell any 1 that u have had a dream of any prophet/imam bcuz that can prvent u from haveing those dreams again cuz shaitan can destroy that

Correct!!

2nd

When you see prophet saw or an Imam as in your dream you will not be able so see their faces clearly... or either you will remember your dream when you wake up but when you actually try to remember the part you saw his face, you wont be able to remember how he (as) looked, the face part will be removed from your memory.

This is what i know thru "experiance"...

Do not know about the Ulamas who have the highest stage if Irfan or spirituality.

yes through experience...but different people may have different experiences....

I don't think its haram to discuss whether or not we have seen Allah's light

My dad told me once that the Prophet Mohammed (SAW) said that whoever see's me in their dreams...then it is definately me (the Rasool..not my dad!)

So inshallah we will all see them in Heaven.

Salam

Selwan

zzZZZZ

not seeing (or remembering) their faces clearly is a sign that you are progressing.

seeing their face clearly is another spiritual indication. and most certainly happens.

to really doubt this happens just really epitomises pure ignorance of deen and lack of knowledge.

dnt wana vote, dnt wana post, dnt wana b a show off!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

then why did you post?? obviously people will know that you have seen something now!

but if you would have voted and not posted anything no one would have known about you at all!

i'm encouraged by the amount of people on this board who are quite in-touch! (looking at poll!)

peace.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I saw Imam Husain a.s. twice

once when I was too young. I saw him standing in a dessert telling some thing to 3-4- naqab posh bibiyan, I could see his face.

I saw that I am walking around a rauza and I took a turn. Then I got transformed into Salman Farsi. Then I saw that Hazrat Fatima Zehra s.a. came to me with baby Imam Husain a.s. in her lap. Then She gave Imam Husain a.s. to me.

More than thrice, I saw Hazrat Fatima Zehra s.a.

The above one is the first one.

Another I saw when I wanted to get the permission to keep the Taboot of Janab Narjis Khatoon a.s in a Rauza in Lucknow. I wrote a letter to Maulana Kalbe Jawwad Sahab Qibla and was about to go to him.

That night I saw a dream that, Hazrat Fatima Zehra s.a. has come and I can see her face. Yes her face. She took the letter from my hands and signed on it.

Third time I saw her was nearly an year back, I saw that I entered Rauza-e-Fatmain in lucknow and I met Hazrat Sarkar-e-Zamana (Imam Mehdi) a.f. who took me to a side of the Rauza and pointing towards a naqab posh bibi he said, "there is your Shahzadi-e-Kaunain s.a.".

I saw Imam Mehdi a.f. once more when I wanted to do some development of Rauza-e-Fatmain and I some how fear that Sajid(the incharge of Rauza) will restrict me. The next night I saw that, " There is a blanket whose two ends are in my hand and two are in some one invisible's hands and we are about to place it in the Rauza and Sajid is looking at us in amazement and is helpless".

I saw three out of 10 bibiyan who were apealing in front of Imam Mehdi a.f. to grant my hajats which I wrote in an arizah

I even say Maula Abbas a.s. I saw Janab Zainab a.s. once her face was covered but I could see her eyes.

^^subhana Allah!

may God protect you from evil eye! i'm sure he will!

make du'a for us please!

really dropped my jaw and raised my zeal! esp. in ramadhan!

i have had similiar experiences but yours reminded me of mine!

great feeling, as if i'm there again!

!!

(bismillah)

(salam)

Before going into who had seen the dream or not, we must first discuss who is capable of seeing the dream, and how does it occur.

First of all, not everyone who thinks he saw the Prophet (saww) or an Imam (as) in his dream is correct in what he had seen, or what he says.  This case is very common with women and their dreams, you see them talking so much about their dreams, saying that they have seen the Imam (as), or the Prophet (saww), but when you come to asking them about how they looked like, you will find a different answer from each women (or male, as this is not limited to women, but the number of women who talk about their dreams and talk about such cases far outweighs that of the men).

The people who can see the Imam or Prophet (saww) are people who have reached such a high level of faith, people who do not sin and have no intention of sinning, people who have pure hearts towards their faith and do not carry any bad intentions in themselve's .. Of course, I am not saying that a person can only see the Imam (as) if he had reached a very high level of 'irfan, but not just any normal person or any normal faithful person can see them (as), so this has to be kept in mind.

I ask Allah (swt) to make all of us those who are faithful and worthy enough to see the Imams (as) in our dreams, if not in real life ..

Wa (salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't agree with you. I haven't personally seen any in my dreams. But i have a friend who does. Shes not very relgious, but standard. She sees amaing dreams. I think its more about yr inside...how pure you are. I don't think its all about the 3ibadah.

I think its more about yr inside...how pure you are. I don't think its all about the 3ibadah.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

when you start to see ibadah as a superficial aspect of our deen is when we can become robots!

is it not the hadith "the key to faith is sincerity" a teaching of Prophet Abraham (as) endorsed by Our Beloved Messenger, Muhammad (pbuh) ?

your friend must be v.sincere person. one thign 've personally learned is that really and truly we do not always know who is close to God although we can gain hints + what is in peoples hearts, although some things can be unveiled!

one thing is though you msut be v.sensitive when tryign to kind of...*prove* the piety of someone who is an open sinner; yes it maybe they are infact dear to God - but do not use at as means to undermine those who live on the path.

i pray Allah makes me of those.

ps: i am very disturbed at how this forum is panning out. nice constructive discussions which are informative + insight love of our Imams (as) are being replaced by ignorant and destructive debates.

i am speaking so honestly, i used to feel great light when i came here but now when i load it up i just feel some negative energy...wish i could explain it better. peace.

i had a dream and in the dream i saw my maternal uncle, he was on a path which is situated at some crossroads that are below my house, one road leads towards the park which leads up to my house, one road leads away form my house, the other two roads are steap, one leading away from my house and one leading towards a way which you can walk to my house from. i was stood on a peice of land, situated on the part which has the steap road leading away from my house and the road leading towards my house, my uncle was stood on the same part as me, by the road and on the path which surrounds the peice of land i was on but he was actually Muhammad. he was sat on a fence or wall which does not really exist, a man walked by him and he quickly stood up shook the mans hand, spoke quick few words to him and sat down and the man walked away. then he came down onto the peice of land, now he was below me, previously he was above me, I shouted muhammad or salam to him and raised my arms, he didnt look like muhmmad, he was muhammad in the form of my uncle. i was now over by him, about half way between the path he was perviously on and the place where i greeted him, and he shook my hand and leant in so we touched shoulders in atype of hug and quickly tuned his face and body away from me towards my house. he was very well mannered and not false at all.

Edited by Abooghabir

^maybe shyness and humility are qualities you should try to attain??

not saying you are not!

i am the most arrogant of all - but if that is your dream, and we are supposed to follow in light of Muhammad (pbuh) - then insha'Allah, that maybe something to look at??

i felt like your dream was a message for me too, to be honest!

(bismillah)

The hadith from the Prophet (pbuh) and Imam Al-Sadiq (S) says: 'Whoever has seen us has truly seen us because Satan does not impersonate us'.

However, the Ahlulbayt (as) usually only appear to the pious people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont know how authentic is this hadith.

I dont know how authentic is this hadith.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as authentic as they come - it is also traced back to a propehtic tradition as well.

your friends just sound heedless and confused.

get new company - if you can take the 2 friends with you, praise to God.

if you can't - dont let that stop you from seeking sincere people as friends, even it be they are not too religious.

if they are fabricating and based upon your account it seems thye are not worthy of trust let alone the sincerity of their dreams, these are major sinful deeds. worse than most of those of the physical sin.

Edited by isaac

Salaams-

One of my friends saw Bibi Fatima Zahra (as) in a dream of hers... Although I was the only person at the time she ever told. She said Bibi had very light skin with an incredible radiance to it, extremely dark, very large eyes, and a singular lock of silky black hair coming from out of a chaadar- the color of which was red.

It is widely said that Bibi Fatima (as) had the appearance of a "human hoori"... Hooris are said to have extremely dark, large eyes, light skin, dark hair... It seemed pretty fitting, and my friend had little religious knowledge (her religiousness was more spiritual as she did not have education in it) and did not know what a hoori was.

This girl's parents unfortunately raised her with no regard for religion and did not even teach her to read the Qur'an- she is 17 and can't read Arabic. Her mother never observed hijaab and they never went to masjid, save perhaps 10 days a year. Music and promiscuous movies were commonplace at her home...

And yet... And yet she is about the only girl I've ever personally met who began observing hijaab, even given her surroundings, without any compulsion (rather she got discouragement) from her parents. She inexplicably, without any particular reason, began observing hijaab, and I believe it was sometime after this that she had that dream. The girl was also religious, despite her parents and her lack of concrete, actual 'knowledge' of Islam- she had this spiritual religiousness that was still extremely deep and pure.

Unfortunately...

Things changed. She is now getting married to a man who had suggested he doesn't like hijaab, so for his sake she is quitting it. She herself, however, argues against hijaab now, saying that religion itself says she can be flexible in terms of marriage, although her husband merely suggested that she stop and did not in any way force or pressure her and she acknowledges (fiercely) that the decision was her own. (Although I certainly see a tell-tale lack of conviction in this, I must say.)

Before even officially "quitting" hijaab, she led her future namehram brother in law to the stage of his wedding while walking down aisles of men completely behijaab, holding this guy's hand and smiling without sharam.

Despite all this, I do not judge her and say that she is a nice person in (unfortunately) the ugliest of circumstances, and thus for the time being, unless she gets guidance, she seems to be on a pretty grim path. She is one of the most obedient & loving children toward her parents that I know, and because her parents had pressured & encouraged her in all her wrongdoing, she is largely doing it under their influence, and the things done under the influence of our parents can tend to stick with us. But Allah (SWT) knows what truly lies in her heart & mind. I must say, though, that I hope her dream does not go to waste and she ends up being guided.

Please pray for her guidance and hope that she accepts the help I will try to provide her with!

Khuda Hafiz

Edited by LightTheWay786

Well I won't say that I saw one of the holy family but I saw dreams related to them like they talk to me or send me something I having intrepreted those dreams but I'll share three of them with you..

First one was in about 3 years ago. I was in unright path. doing sins and not caring of prayer and those things I had a dream and it was like I'm in a big deep hole I couldn't come out and suddenly a snake with two heads from both sides from head from start and head in what's suppossed to be a tail and I heard sound at the same time telling me that this snake is from Imam Ali to me. I woke up in terror and I cried alot.

The second one came after that and I dreamed I was in my old neighbrhood I was walking near Hussainah and a little muhajabah girl came to me and she was carrying a small bag I thought she was carrying candy. She came to me and open her mouth I saw blood coming out of her mouth. She gave me the bag and there was not candy but there were pins and she tried to force me eating them

My third one I think came after I tried to correct my path I was in love with AL Zahra oration on fadaq issue I wished I can her it in her voice. After a while I was sleeping and I heard this oration in voice of woman and don't think if this really vision but I think this was blessing

Salaams,

I have seen Imam Hussain (as), Sayidina Hamza (as), Imam Zainul Abedeen (as), Al Qasim ibn Imam Hassan (as), and Imam Mahdi (aatf). I saw Imam Hussain (as) with Al Qasim in one dream. Imam Hussain (as) called for battle and Al Qasim gave me a big shield with a bright pink rubie in the middle of it.

Another dream, I saw Sayidina Hamza. He took me to the grave of Imam Hassan (as) for Ziyarah. He began to tell me stories about Imam Hassan (as).

Another dream, I saw Imam Zainul Abedeen performing salat. For some reason, he was so tall, like maybe 100 feet tall (as).

Finally, I had a dream that I was in a huge masjid. There were many people present and His Eminence Sayid Sistani (as) walked in the room and sat at a long table with other scholars. Then His Eminence Sayed Khamenei entered and sat. Then His Eminence, Sayed Fadlallah entered and sat. Then Imam Hujjah (aatf) walked in. The earth was shaking like an earthquake. He was wearing a green abaya and a green covering on his head. There was so much light coming from his face but it was not a repelling light, it was brighter than the sun but it was an attracting light. Then we all yelled, "La Baik Ya Mahdi" he kept walking and nodding his head. Then I touched his holy beard and it felt like silk. Then I asked him for forgiveness, and he was forgiving everyone. Then the lights went out, then people began braking windows and trying to fight the Imam. So we began to fight in his defence. Then after the battle finished, it was totally quiet. Then I found myself in a room full of silk, jewels, lights, couches, gold, just like the Qur'an says. Wallah, this dream changed my life.

By the way, just because someone replies to this they are not showing off. My intent is that inshaAllah it may inspire others to try to get closer to Allah (swt) and Imam Hujjah (as). Plus it is interesting to hear the testimonies of others. Salams.

Salaams,

I have seen Imam Hussain (as), Sayidina Hamza (as), Imam Zainul Abedeen (as), Al Qasim ibn Imam Hassan (as), and Imam Mahdi (aatf).  I saw Imam Hussain (as) with Al Qasim in one dream.  Imam Hussain (as) called for battle and Al Qasim gave me a big shield with a bright pink rubie in the middle of it. 

Another dream, I saw Sayidina Hamza.  He took me to the grave of Imam Hassan (as) for Ziyarah.  He began to tell me stories about Imam Hassan (as). 

Another dream, I saw Imam Zainul Abedeen performing salat.  For some reason, he was so tall, like maybe 100 feet tall (as). 

Finally, I had a dream that I was in a huge masjid.  There were many people present and His Eminence Sayid Sistani (as) walked in the room and sat at a long table with other scholars.  Then His Eminence Sayed Khamenei entered and sat.  Then His Eminence, Sayed Fadlallah entered and sat.  Then Imam Hujjah (aatf) walked in.  The earth was shaking like an earthquake.  He was wearing a green abaya and a green covering on his head.  There was so much light coming from his face but it was not a repelling light, it was brighter than the sun but it was an attracting light.  Then we all yelled, "La Baik Ya Mahdi" he kept walking and nodding his head.  Then I touched his holy beard and it felt like silk.  Then I asked him for forgiveness, and he was forgiving everyone.  Then the lights went out, then people began braking windows and trying to fight the Imam.  So we began to fight in his defence.  Then after the battle finished, it was totally quiet.  Then I found myself in a room full of silk, jewels, lights, couches, gold, just like the Qur'an says.  Wallah, this dream changed my life. 

By the way, just because someone replies to this they are not showing off.  My intent is that inshaAllah it may inspire others to try to get closer to Allah (swt) and Imam Hujjah (as).  Plus it is interesting to hear the testimonies of others.  Salams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blessed are you by thier light and pure is your heart if saw the holy ones. I pray I find luck to see one of them before the hour of death.

Can I ask you what made you have this honor to see them? what did you do exactly

Salaams,

I have seen Imam Hussain (as), Sayidina Hamza (as), Imam Zainul Abedeen (as), Al Qasim ibn Imam Hassan (as), and Imam Mahdi (aatf).  I saw Imam Hussain (as) with Al Qasim in one dream.  Imam Hussain (as) called for battle and Al Qasim gave me a big shield with a bright pink rubie in the middle of it. 

Another dream, I saw Sayidina Hamza.  He took me to the grave of Imam Hassan (as) for Ziyarah.  He began to tell me stories about Imam Hassan (as). 

Another dream, I saw Imam Zainul Abedeen performing salat.  For some reason, he was so tall, like maybe 100 feet tall (as). 

Finally, I had a dream that I was in a huge masjid.  There were many people present and His Eminence Sayid Sistani (as) walked in the room and sat at a long table with other scholars.  Then His Eminence Sayed Khamenei entered and sat.  Then His Eminence, Sayed Fadlallah entered and sat.  Then Imam Hujjah (aatf) walked in.  The earth was shaking like an earthquake.  He was wearing a green abaya and a green covering on his head.  There was so much light coming from his face but it was not a repelling light, it was brighter than the sun but it was an attracting light.  Then we all yelled, "La Baik Ya Mahdi" he kept walking and nodding his head.  Then I touched his holy beard and it felt like silk.  Then I asked him for forgiveness, and he was forgiving everyone.  Then the lights went out, then people began braking windows and trying to fight the Imam.  So we began to fight in his defence.  Then after the battle finished, it was totally quiet.  Then I found myself in a room full of silk, jewels, lights, couches, gold, just like the Qur'an says.  Wallah, this dream changed my life. 

By the way, just because someone replies to this they are not showing off.  My intent is that inshaAllah it may inspire others to try to get closer to Allah (swt) and Imam Hujjah (as).  Plus it is interesting to hear the testimonies of others.  Salams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think u`r an amazingly lucky person to have seen so many of the iNfallibles (as) Mashallah.

to the brother who had those amazing dreams a few posts above, i am SO SO happy i read that and wAllahi made my heart tingle.

i think the power of anonymity on the internet can allow beautiful stories like this to be read, as you would in a book! without picturing or knowing the individual!

but my advice would be not to be toooooo open with people in person or your immediate surroundings! as it coould inspire a bit of jealousy or some unwanted attention akhi! im being honest with you!

and the person who asked how he did it!

man i wish their was a trick! lol!

but to be honest by everything i know, its different with different people in different contexts!

there is no... method of guaranteeing a dream of a holy figure!

let Allah take his time, and you dont put a time on it (i want it tonight etc!)

just trust that Allah works in the wasy he chooses, and does what he wills when he wants.