i alavi u

have you seen the Prophet (or an Imam) in a dream?

Rate this topic

(salam)

I have seen the Prophet, Imam Ali, Imam Hussein and Imam al-Mahdi... And I really love theese dreams! :wub:

My Oncle has also seen Imam Al-Mahdi in one of his dreams, and when I asked him how the Imam looked like in his dream, I find out that it was absolutley like how I saw the Imam in my dream... Subhanallah!

And what i know is if someone see one of the 14 masoom in dream, it would not be a dream, but a "ru'ya"!!

-->Ma3asalma<--

Edited by OoMuzlim_GirloO

(bismillah)

Al-salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

And what i know is if someone see one of the 14 masoom in dream, it would not be a dream, but a "ru'ya"!!

Yes, when you actually see the Imam (as) himself..not "think" you've seen him ..

If you are in doubt as to whether you can see the Imam (as) or not, why don't you open mafatih al jinan and read the du'a' for seeing the ma'sum (as)? and if you're faithful enough, you will see the Imam (as) again and it will be true, but if you don't, then it is quite clear that it is not the Imam (as) hismelf that you have dreamt of, rather it is someone whom you thought to be the Imam (as) ..

Wasalam.

Edited by Imami_ali

I dont think i'd easily muster up the guts to read this dua. If I had seen a masoom in my dream, I'd only be SUSPECTING it was my inflated ego that helped me conjure up the masoom in my head.... But If I were to read this dua and CONFIRM this suspicioun, I'd be incredibly depressed at having conjured up my imagination of the Imam . :-(

What could be worse for a Shia than to discover that instead of truly raising them SELVES up to the level of one-who-can-see-a-ma'soom, it was all a dellusion of theirs? :dry:

(bismillah)

Yes, when you actually see the Imam (as) himself..not "think" you've seen him ..

If you are in doubt as to whether you can see the Imam (as) or not, why don't you open mafatih al jinan and read the du'a' for seeing the ma'sum (as)? and if you're faithful enough, you will see the Imam (as) again and it will be true, but if you don't, then it is quite clear that it is not the Imam (as) hismelf that you have dreamt of, rather it is someone whom you thought to be the Imam (as) ..

Wasalam.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

Why do you want to raise yourself to a status that you are far from reaching? or give yourself extra pride? If you find out that you cannot see the Imam (as), there will be of course a reason for that .. and it's quite clear that it's because you are not faithful enough to do so, so in this case, you will have to start coming to reality and realize that you don't have much time left in this world to raise yourself to that status, and make yourself worthy to the Imam (as) .. Instead of sitting and dreaming about yourself, thinking you are something when in reality you are not even worth anything (basically) .. I remind myself about this before I remind others ..

Wasalam.

Edited by Imami_ali

(salam)

Under what section of Mafatiih would I expect to find this dua ?

you open mafatih al jinan and read the du'a' for seeing the ma'sum (as)? and if you're faithful enough, you will see the Imam (as) again and it will be true, but if you don't, then it is quite clear that it is not the Imam (as) hismelf that you have dreamt of, rather it is someone whom you thought to be the Imam (as) ..

Guest blissful223

(salam)

i can see why wizard got a little upset. the prophet (saw) is OUR prophet, the imams (as) are OUR imams, and if someone implies we cant/havent/wont see them its in a way taking a lil of them from us. i have had dreams/visions i know were not imagined rubbish, but i wont share here because they are personal. the beauty of having the dream is not that you deserve it, but in knowing that Allah swt in all His precious mercies has given it to you even though you do not deserve it. if i saw my prophet (saw) or imams (as) i would be over the moon, and if they told me to do something in accordance with islam i would never refuse.

as for sharing, i love hearing about other peoples dreams... it reminds me of my own and inspires me to try and be better, to try to be worthy of having a dream like theirs myself.

thanks to all who posted theirs here.

wa salam,

blissful

Imam Ali  (as) and his Grand-Son, Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq  (as) stated this in their teachings of dreams. its quite a well-known narration, where one of the companions could not answer the query of another - so he was directed to Hadhrat Ali  (as) . on the science of dreams.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(salam)

brother i would appreciate if u post the hadith, sounds interesting

Peace unto everyone.

I prayed once to see a Prophet in my dream, and when I went to sleep I heard an annoyed and sarcastic voice that said "You asked for a Prophet to appear in your dream, so a Prophet appeared in your dream". But I didn't see Him, and then I woke up.

Hmm.. Im curious as to why only the sisters here seem quite comfortable sharing their dreams but not brothers... Is it something to do with the way we are wired, or do the brothers not see quite as many masoomeen as the sisters here do?

:-/

(bismillah)

The hadith from the Prophet (pbuh) and Imam Al-Sadiq (S) says: 'Whoever has seen us has truly seen us because Satan does not impersonate us'.

However, the Ahlulbayt (as) usually only appear to the pious people.

(bismillah)

(salam) after coming back from hajj i saw a dream. me and other haji's were at a gathering. women sat 1 side and the men sat the other side. the sayed who was helping us in hajj was sitting there. all of a sudden the prophet (pbuh) walked in although i wasn't blessed with seeing him. although i felt his presance. the prophet (pbuh) then sat infront of that sayed ( lucky guy). i then told the other hijiyat that we should say salawaat in a loud voice so that the prophet cah hear us.

when i woke up i was the happiest person on earth that i was blessed to feel the presance of our holy prophet (pbuh). i pray we are blessed 2 be with him and his progeny in the hereafter inshaaAllah.

Fi amaanilah.

Salam

I am 100% sure that i have seen Imam Al-Mehdi (A.S.) and his companions (but not as clear as him). He didn't actually name himself but i immediatley knew him somehow

Has anyone heard about Abdul Bassid Abdul Samad apparently his relatives saw him in a dream and he told them that everything is ok except he asked them what the imama was. Anyway I pray and hope that God has allowed him his forgivness and mercy

wasalam

lol anyone who posts this is a liar.... i think a humble person wouldnt share this online where thousands or hundreds could read

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

ur not supposed 2 tell if u did because it prevents it from happeaning again

Assalam ALaikum,

Even as a child, I always had this special attraction towards the fifth imam AS. He was the sea of knowledge & was famously called "Baqir ul uloom"

There was a time in my life when I was going through alot of stress. One night at the breaking of chains I called up on Allah SWT & then I called on the great imam AS.. I asked him you are the sea of knowledge & wisdom tell me why is this happening to me? I kept on calling out to Allah SWT to send me help through the imam & I fell a sleep.

I saw the imam AS in my dream telling me to go and look out.... the story is confidential from there!

But just to share, that yes I did see the imam AS in my dream & from there on, life changed into something which was totally different from how I had known it before. May Allah SWT bless us all & give us the toufiq to be the shias & the muslims he really wanted us to be.

Wassalam,

Salman R Rajani

(bismillah)

(salam)

I agree, i believe that you must be greatly devoted to Islam with a pure sinless heart to dream or see of any prophets or imams.

My greatgrandmother who was very religious used to actually see a camel sitting next to her while she prayed. She kept seeing the camel for a while and kept it secret. The day she told about what she saw, the camel was gone.

i wonder what it symbolized... :angel:

(bismillah)

(salam)

I agree, i believe that you must be greatly devoted to Islam with a pure sinless heart to dream or see of any prophets or imams.

My greatgrandmother who was very religious used to actually see a camel sitting next to her while she prayed. She kept seeing the camel for a while and kept it secret. The day she told about what she saw, the camel was gone.

i wonder what it symbolized... :angel:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

Yes, if a mu'min wants something to stay, then he shouldn't tell anyone about it, if he does it will go :)

Wasalam.

Salaam,

I’ve always believed you should try to interpret your dreams… I have always tried and I’ve often learned from them.

When I was in the process of converting to Islam my dreams became more and more profound. They were always very lucid and they seemed to always be telling me a message. I do not know if I saw an Imam I know that at one point there was a covered woman who was advising me. She was pointing to the world and showing me areas that were in trouble. She told me I needed to help spread the deen and to start as quickly as possible.

I was also shown three stones..each stone represented something and then the stones were pushed together to become one stone. When I woke I did not understand what the stones could possibly mean.. But then it occurred to me.. Christianity – Judaism – Islam … that they are meant to be together as one true religion. I believe was the message?

My whole life I had this one particular recurring dream. In the dream I enter a dimly lit room and there’s only an old wooden table and a large book opened onto it. There is a presence in the room but I do not see anyone. I know that I need to get to this book but when I try to there’s a struggle and I’m held back by a force. On some occasions I make it to the book but the words are unclear.

When I picked up the Qur’an for the first time in real life I realized I had found the book I was trying to get to in my dreams..It was very fulfilling and I cried.

Fi Amanullah

ali.jpg

to my knoledge there are 3 types of dreams someone can have

1. influence of shaytan (nightmares)

2. own imagination (any ol dream)

3. revelations (revelations for prophets are diffrent from revelations for regular people)

shaytan cannot take the pose of a prophet or imam. our imagination cannot do that either. It makes logical sense that only the prophet can be the prophet.

isalmicly u r NOT supposed 2 tell any 1 that u have had a dream of any prophet/imam bcuz that can prvent u from haveing those dreams again cuz shaitan can destroy that

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

only Allah has power.

and i assure, anyone who sees the pure light, Sayyiduna Muhammad (pbuh) is not like you or me.

and Rasoolullah (pbuh) or her heavenly being Fatima (as) would have NEVER came to them if they were a soul that will share in the chastisement of god.

shaitan can destroy nothing. without permission of Allah, and those who enjoy the ruiya of these 14 stars, again, by the permission of god, operate in a different place with the mighty one.

best believe that.

dont give fatwa on what you dont understand. precisely because you do not understand it.

(salam)

Edited by i alavi u

only Allah has power.

and i assure, anyone who sees the pure light, Sayyiduna Muhammad  (pbuh) is not like you or me.

and Rasoolullah  (pbuh) or her heavenly being Fatima (as) would have NEVER came to them if they were a soul that will share in the chastisement of god.

shaitan can destroy nothing. without permission of Allah, and those who enjoy the ruiya of these 14 stars, again, by the permission of god, operate in a different place with the mighty one.

best believe that.

dont give fatwa on what you dont understand. precisely because you do not understand it.

(salam)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Allah gives every 1 power 2 an exent but something like this is something tha Allah gave 2 u and no 1 else so its not something ur supposed 2 tell bcuz i know many schollars i think even imam khameini say u not supposed 2 tell because shaytan can prevent it from happeaning i know what ur saying and i agree but if ur not supposed 2 tell then ur not supposed 2 that dream is between u and Allah and the ahlulbayt and no 1 else also some 1 who can c the prophet or imam in a dream are ppl have pure hearts and ppl that have very soft hearts that yruly love Allah and the ahlulbayt :angel: