i alavi u

have you seen the Prophet (or an Imam) in a dream?

Rate this topic

it saddens me...

some of these statements are on the verge of blasphemy and alien to Islam, Freudian...and Imami Ali's idea of interrogation and dream comparison is just ill-thoguht out. someone qualified will know.

there are people who lie. that is something different, the science of dreams and the fabrication of dreams are two different things.

i hope everyone sees a heavenly ru'iya.

when you see one of those holy 14. you will know and feel the divine tranquilty and satisfaction. may your deen be eased.

then you state it is not divine. or from the heavens, or weighty, or anything.

Edited by wizard

Guest Toreador
i'm just thinking about what this guy said again....i'm STILL SHOCKED

do you realise how [dangerous](AFTER EDIT for ADAB) this is...

so if i ponder about Prophet  (pbuh) ....then i will see him??

what if i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE?

where does that IMAGE of his FIGURE come from....

my Imagination? or does Allah create the vision.

were the Imams thinking a lot when they saw the dreams of the Prophet, what about other ahlulbayt, their children, brothers and sisters, who were not Imams, were they THINKING a lot when their SUBCONSCIOUS MADE an image of the Prophet (pbuh) in their sleep.

your statement was foolish (AFTER EDIT for sake of ADAB). astafghrillah.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well "wizard"

our subconscious manufactures imagery i.e. it fills in the blanks. to give you an example, you've probably never been to mars but in your dream your mind would produce an image based on subconscious "perceptions" of what it would be like there. people dream about flying through the air, or living in a city made of chocolate. by your assertions these are all "divinely" inspired???

regardless how things work for you back in "middle earth," this is how scientifically dreams work for NORMAL people.

just curious, are you a follower of shaykh ahsai and his belief in "hurqayla" where one can meet the imam (as) face-to-face in some mystical dimension? shaykh ahsai, ofcourse, claimed to have been visited and divinely graced by imam hasan (as) and the prophet (pbuh) himself. however, vast majority of ithna ashari shias don't prescribe to such beliefs.

He saw our Lord Hasan in a dream, and the Imam put his tongue in his mouth and shared with him his saliva, which was sweeter than honey and more fragrant than musk, but burning hot . . . His longing grew so extravagant, his love so overwhelming, that he forgot to eat or drink, imbibing just enough to stay alive. He left of mixing with the people, and his heart continually oriented itself toward God . . . Then he had a true vision of the Messenger of God, who gave him to drink of his saliva, which tasted and smelled like that of the Imam, but was icy cold. When he regained consciousness, the flames within him had subsided, and loving-kindness descended upon him. He learned from them knowledge and enigmas, and dawning rays of light shone over the horizon of his heart. The new knowledge did not derive solely from his visions, but rather when he awoke he began finding evidence for it in the Qur'an, and in the sayings and deeds related of the Prophet and of the Imams.

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jrcole/ahsai1.htm

I sort of agree with Toreador. Dreams might be revelation or some sort of a message from God for the Prophets (pbut), but for common shias, like you or me, they are just that, the dreams!

(salam)

i know someone who saw sayidna isa (as) in his dream and the prophet told that imam mehdi (as) , will appear in 2019.

this man who saw the dream goes to antiochia to build the graves(ziyara) of holy persons, he said that it is his task to build this ziyara because this holy persons will return to the earth before imam mehdis (as) appeareance and they will came to prepare the humans who belive in imam mehdi (as) .

imam cafer el sadeq (as) said that if someone sees one of us in his dream it means that he saw us in realitiy

i'm just thinking about what this guy said again....i'm STILL SHOCKED

do you realise how [dangerous](AFTER EDIT for ADAB) this is...

so if i ponder about Prophet  (pbuh) ....then i will see him??

what if i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE?

where does that IMAGE of his FIGURE come from....

my Imagination? or does Allah create the vision.

were the Imams thinking a lot when they saw the dreams of the Prophet, what about other ahlulbayt, their children, brothers and sisters, who were not Imams, were they THINKING a lot when their SUBCONSCIOUS MADE an image of the Prophet (pbuh) in their sleep.

your statement was foolish (AFTER EDIT for sake of ADAB). astafghrillah.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

One point that must be made clear is that the dream of a ma'sum or wali differs from that of a normal person like us..When we say that Imam Ali (as) or any other Imam (as) dream, their dreams are no different than real life (as mentioned in a narration) so we cannot compare ourselve's to them..

Another point that should be made is that not every dream of the Imam (as) is not real, yet not every one is real.. If there was a person who was very faithful, and does not sin or think of sinning, and follows Allah (swt) and works for His sake, then yes, the Prophet (pbuh) or Imam (as) might visit him in his dream, but to reach this stage isn't easy, it needs years and years of commitment and true faith, example's of people who might see the Imam (as) are as a brother mentioned, Imam Khomeini (qas), Ayatollah Behjat (hA), Ayatollah Sistani (hA), Imam Khamena'i and basically anyone who has reached a very high level of faith (the reason for me mentioning the people that I did is that with them, we cannot doubt that they can actually see the Imam (as) or the Prophet (pbuh)) yet it is possible for anyone to see them, if he meets the above conditions ..

Wa (salam)

i' am going to tell you now.

if you believe a dream where someone sees the Prophet (pbuh) or Imam (as) is cooked in our subconcious, where Allah has nothing to do with it, then by everything...you have taught against the teachings of our Imams and Prophets.

you better get your deen together.

how dare you, asafghrillah

i am a simple guy who does not follow people who claim to be some kind of messianic figure.

if someone told me a "YEAR FOR the MAHDI" I would not believe THEM

why? because it CONTRADICTS the tradition of his secrecy.

[i would not neglect the possibility that he could come out this year]

that type of devious mentioning could lead to misguidance, and this is where dreams have to be treated delicately.

but the down right freudian anaylsis and approach to dreams your conveying, maybe academicly viable infront of your circle. but our Imams are far beyond the limits they could never even imagine.

you are really on dangerous ground. and it is serious to teach those type of approaches to our deen.

how dare you.

Edited by wizard

Thats not true that only religious and pious ppl see them in dreams. Personally, ive seen imam ali (as) in a dream and i can assure u im nowhere near pious. That was like a few years ago and i know for a fact that it was him coz he was on a horse, holding his dhulfigar and had noor on his face. Also, i dont know what his face looked like becoz i only saw noor in it (light) or maybe i just dont remember im not sure. Other than that, i dunno why it was him but i just know. Anyway, wallah my intention is not to show off. I just want to make my point clear that not only very good ppl see them in dreams.

wasalam

Oh and also, my aunty has seen lady fatima (sa) in her dreams on various occasions and every time she is telling her to wear hijab. My aunty isn't too much in to religion but she does the basics and subhanallah she has a very good heart, very pure and sincere. If im not mistaking, i think she's seen one or more of the imams (pbut) aswell.

wasalam

if you dont see any dreams it is a sign of a black heart according to some scholars.

i'd check that out phoenix. there is no reason why you should not see dreams.

for all your verdicts on this post, and then highlighting your position, state of your dreaming, maybe there is a reason why you aint seen a Holy one yet....hold it down bra for real.

----

and on the dream of Imam Ali (as) and Fatima (as) , ruqayah, lol you deeming yourself not pious, is part of your piety. humility is the key, i wish i had it.

i without a doubt believe you, but you'd be surprised how many people do not see....there is no reason why they shouldn't except there are severe illnesses beneath the ribs, like all of us, but that they choose to neglect whereas the people of ru'iya acknoledge no matter how bitter. and i sincerely believe that

but true say, the Imams and Prophet (pbuh) have enough Mercy for everyone.

tell your auntie to pray for the Ummah inshaAllah.

Edited by wizard

^ :no:

I know I am a complete sinner; but it's not like I don't dream I said dreams are few and far between. Pray for me anyhow that I become more firm in my imaan.

You guys must be really on the level of wara' alhamdulillah

W/S

^  :no:

I know I am a complete sinner; but it's not like  I don't dream I said dreams are few and far between. Pray for me anyhow that I become more firm in my imaan.

You guys must be really on the level of wara' alhamdulillah

W/S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

astaghrillah. i hope you get the best dream inshaAllah.

i'm a piece of [Edited Out] thats why i talk this way.

true say. innit

:o :o :o :o :o

What type of thread is this???

i think some mod or admin should delete the thread.

and you the starter :angry: :angry: :angry:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Its not that you can't see them (as) , but to do a showbiz is sarcastic.

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o

What type of thread is this???

i think some mod or admin should delete the thread.

and you the starter :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

:mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Its not that you can't see them (as) , but to do a showbiz is sarcastic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Narrated Abu Salama:

I heard the Prophet saying, "A good dream is from Allah, so if anyone of you sees a dream which pleases him, he should not tell anybody about it except to the one whom he loves, and if he sees a dream which he dislikes, then he should seek refuge with Allah from its evil and from the evil of Satan, and spit three times (on his left) and should not tell anybody about it, lest it might harm him. "

-------

sharing the content of the dream is arguably not advised, i probably would not.

but the poll allows for anonimity and i will be honest, knowing that there are people on this message board that have had true visions is very inspiring.

i am satisfied with that, and confident to vote knowing nobody knows who i am.

Edited by wizard

Guest newshia

'...except to the one whom he loves...' Well, I love you all... lol sorta..

But, for the benefit of you all, I'll express my big dreams:

Can swear I saw Imam Mehdi (as), but I won't describe him, as you all will laugh at me... he, I am sure, does not look like that, but still it was powerful and made a strong impression on me. I embraced him and was elated and in tears. Alhamdulillah.

I saw Sayyids Seestani (HA) and Khoei (ra) in a dream. Embraced Sayyid Seestani, he felt familiar... like my own father.

These are the scariest dreams I have ever seen... shook me outright. They are about Qiyamat. Each time, I awoke devastated, especially after the second.

First--volcano eruption and we all were trying to get away, but could not get away in time.

Second--It was like we were in a train station and waiting for trains. Then, suddenly the sound of trains stops, the conductor or station-master got out his watch and said basically 'time over, this is it'. Immediatelly, every one's faces died with fear and turned white. And people were begging, whining, moaning and crying. They were complaining that they thought it would be later. It was real scary.

I post this all for people's benefit; if it may help and inspire them. For the rest, I beg Allah's forgiveness; showing off wasn't really my intention.

ws

I believe that when somone sees the Imams(as) and Prophet(pbuh) while he is asleep , it's actually a vision ( رؤيا) more than a dream. Correct me if I'm mistaken lol .

Personally , I know from a very close person ( my grandmothers sister) saw Imam Ali (as) in a dream or vision if you wanna be more accurate... She is an old lady now but she has faced many problems in her life...According to her , She was at his grave and all of the people around where asking him to help them fullfull their needs and requests, he came up to her and gave her 3 stones in her hand...According to the Sheikh who interpreted this dream , he told her that she has a period of time that could be 3 hours , 3 days , 3 weeks or 3 months or 3 years etc.. and that she has to do a lot of Good deeds in this period so that God helps her out and facilitate her needs.

Another example: if you read the Biography of Sayed Abbas al Mousawi (r.a), you will know that his mother saw Sayeda Zainab(as) , Sayeda Rokaya(as), and Sayeda Sokayna(as) in her dream before she gave birth to Sayed Abbas....go on to www.nasrollah.org for more info about this..

So seeing the Prophet(pbuh) or Imams(as) in the dream is possible for those who are really pure from the inside. It is even mentioned in Mafatee7 Al Jenan by Sheikh Abbas Al Qumi (r.a) , that if you wanted to see one of the Imams(as) or one of your deads , you have to perform certain prayers for a period of time and you will see them after that in your dream , wallah A3lam.

Salam....

Actually... I think I agree with this... has anybody here seen Imam Mahdi (as) in real LIFE?  Because I've heard of this before, and this probably has much more validity in it than a dream.

Wasalaam

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i know a few people who have seen maujaza's by Imam Mehdi.........with the prayer's that they are praying in the name of our living imam................

may Allah(swt) bless them and many more to come..........

i saw the Prophet in a dream once, but it wasnt the Prophet visiting me i was just having a random dream about the Prophet and whoever i saw it wasnt the real prophet :lol: