i alavi u

have you seen the Prophet (or an Imam) in a dream?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

have you seen any in a dream? had it interpreted.

i have heard of some people seeing them in a dream, they are supremely lucky!

is it common do you think??

May Allah rush the al-Mahdi (as) to success

May Peace and Blessings be on the Prophet (pbuh) and His family.

lol anyone who posts this is a liar.... i think a humble person wouldnt share this online where thousands or hundreds could read

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if someone replies positive i do not think you can call them a liar...that is a bit reckless.

good dreams like these are bushra.

and if you vote...nobody will know who you are...if i am correct.

i have a very trustworthy companion who has seen the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and he was told that he is one of the Messenger's (pbuh) brothers.

i whole heartedly believe as i have seen that very same person in good dreams.

and he is from the family of Ja'far bin Abu Talib (as)

Edited by wizard

lol anyone who posts this is a liar.... i think a humble person wouldnt share this online where thousands or hundreds could read

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

the poll doesnt show who you are so you cant show off. I know someone personally whos seen the Prophet (pbuh) and Imam Ali (as) together in a dream, subhanAllah, very lucky individual. I know others too who have seen the Prophet (pbuh) , one was only a 12 year old boy, I guess your heart must be clean.

selams

Edited by isaac

you know for the way shia's go on about the holy family....its interesting MOST have NOT seen.....when looking at the POLL

i knwo of non-shia who have seen...

makes me quite concerned......

it also makes me think the ones who have seen, the Imam al-Mahdi (as) and the Prophet (pbuh) must be extremely SPECIAL people.

watch out for hypocrisy....

-------------AFTER EDIT SEEING ZZEESHANS POST-----------------------

True SAY ZEESHAN....you cant hold it AGAINST anyone if we havent seen yet...

inshaAllah..

Edited by wizard

(bismillah)

(salam)

Before going into who had seen the dream or not, we must first discuss who is capable of seeing the dream, and how does it occur.

First of all, not everyone who thinks he saw the Prophet (saww) or an Imam (as) in his dream is correct in what he had seen, or what he says. This case is very common with women and their dreams, you see them talking so much about their dreams, saying that they have seen the Imam (as), or the Prophet (saww), but when you come to asking them about how they looked like, you will find a different answer from each women (or male, as this is not limited to women, but the number of women who talk about their dreams and talk about such cases far outweighs that of the men).

The people who can see the Imam or Prophet (saww) are people who have reached such a high level of faith, people who do not sin and have no intention of sinning, people who have pure hearts towards their faith and do not carry any bad intentions in themselve's .. Of course, I am not saying that a person can only see the Imam (as) if he had reached a very high level of 'irfan, but not just any normal person or any normal faithful person can see them (as), so this has to be kept in mind.

I ask Allah (swt) to make all of us those who are faithful and worthy enough to see the Imams (as) in our dreams, if not in real life ..

Wa (salam)

^^^there is a concensus of scholars who have AGREED that SATAN can not impersonate

a. the Prophet (pbuh)

and b. Fatima Az-Zahra (as)

and c. the Holy Imams

it is a bit naive to assume that the IMAMS will look the same (ie clothes, hair length) in everyones dream....

people see the Prophet (pbuh) in different colour clothes et cetera, hajj, or in your own HOUSE, sometimes in PEOPLE...dreams have special meaning.

i was taught these beings are LIGHT and can not be impersonated by satan....i heard diff. opinions by WAHHABIs though...

i'm sure Khomeini said that...

BUT TRUE SAY..that MAQAM can not BE ACHIEVED BY EVERYBODY

Edited by wizard

^^^there is a concensus of scholars who have AGREED that SATAN can not impersonate

a. the Prophet  (pbuh)

and b. Fatima Az-Zahra  (as)

and c. the Holy Imams

it is a bit naive to assume that the IMAMS will look the same (ie clothes, hair length) in everyones dream....

people see the Prophet  (pbuh)  in different colour clothes et cetera, hajj, or in your own HOUSE, sometimes in PEOPLE...dreams have special meaning.

i was taught these beings are LIGHT and can not be impersonated by satan....i heard diff. opinions by WAHHABIs though...

i'm sure Khomeini said that...

BUT TRUE SAY..that MAQAM can not BE ACHIEVED BY EVERYBODY

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(bismillah)

(salam)

No one said that they can be impersonated by satan.. I said that not everyone who thinks they have seen the Prophet (saww) or the Imam (as) have actually seen "him" .. The issue is to whether they have seen the real Prophet (saww), or seen someone whom they thought was the Prophet (saww) ..

The Imam (as) cannot look like 20 different people, the Imam (as) is one Imam, with one look .. Im sure that you only look like yourself the whole time, and not change everytime you enter a different place ...

If you ask those who say that they have seen them (as) in their dreams, one will say "he was tall, light hair, green eye's, short beard ..etc" and if you ask another, she will say "he wasn't that tall, his hair was kind of dark, he had hazel eye's, and his beard was as big as the fist, ie not short" .. This cannot be possible for the same person, can it? The Imam (as) has one look, not an infinite amount in which he changes everytime he (as) is seen in a dream ..

Wa (salam)

Edited by Imami_ali

^^^i think people seen the Prophet (pbuh) covering the earth....

Imam Ali (as) ...also can be seen as bigger than any normal human being...but that is still him...

dreams are NOT LITERAL to what you SEE...but they are TRUE...they use HEAVENLY SYMBOLISM....that is why interpreting them is a SCIENCE, only given to the people of HOLY CONNECTION....not from any BOOK as people like to do.

we know that dreams are from Allah...not from the food you eat, or the condition of your health as some who consider themselves "scientific" would guess, with their biological [Edited Out].

they are VISIONS of the RUH...not the BRAIN as they "ASSUME" it to be.

only Allah streams them....and shaytaan can intercept (sometimes) when your RUH is focused on the heavens...

Imam Ali (as) and his Grand-Son, Imam Ja'far as-Sadiq (as) stated this in their teachings of dreams. its quite a well-known narration, where one of the companions could not answer the query of another - so he was directed to Hadhrat Ali (as) . on the science of dreams.

in the case of colour eyes (or other fine features)...well that must have been a DISTINCTLY CLEAR vision for that person...and DISTURBING if that person has lied. I know for certain though...that they can be seen in cloaks...or in HEAVENLY CLOTHES...with short or LONG hair...when they were YOUNG...or OLD.

you know through your heart, in the dream, who you are seeing - and you can not manifest lie in that condition...so if you feel it is them...then IT IS. regardless of its the way they look "Now" in their BARZAKH sense.

Edited by wizard

(bismillah)

(salam)

No brother, you are msitaken. It is not up to you to decide or anyone who says that they have seen them (as) in their dreams to decide in these matters.. The Imam (as) has certain feature's in him (as), and if that person that you saw in your dream does not agree with those feature's, then the person that you have seen in your dream is not the Imam (as).

Wa (salam)

lol...

brother, people see Imam's with Wings and light coming out of their eyes...let alone the little thigns you are mentioning...it's really coming off a bit....close minded....

i'm sorry but you can not just define the experiences of the higher realm according to your theory...on the terms well "when i compare her description to his description"..lol

please, i beg you do investigate...there are even Imam's seen with their heavenly body...NO BEARD...that is HADITH

but in terms of my friends, i just have faith in what people see without being able to prove it...i am willingy sharing those experiences with everyone...it's my faith they are not a liar...it is true taht is not a SOURCE of evidence

but with YOU brother, yo uare emphasisng on a type of verdict...you are talking about religious principle...saying something is not possible....on whomevers authority.....which i'm stating according to traditions....is possible.

i'm sorry but it seems you are forming a religious ruling on what you hear of people "narrating" from the community....

you even generalised women as to fabricate more....

the fake Prophets tend to be men..and they justify their stations through false vision....the greatest liars...according to tradition are men...

i mean come on...

if someone describes what they saw...and they are lying...then they have not SEEN a LIE...they are just a LIAR

i do not take my religion by word of mouth brother.

i can NOT decide what someone saw...but you are attempting to say what they DID NOT see....

that can only be determind in whether it contradicts the Qur'an and SUNNA. and if shaytaan is involved, it can. that is why it requires someone qualified to interpret dreams, not just some textbook employee from the centre.

witnessing a GREEN Ka'Ba contradicts the reality....but is not a false vision - certainly not a meaningless one either.

may Allah enlighten your heart...insha Allah

Edited by wizard

(bismillah)

(salam)

Brother, what I have said in my post has come from a scholar, and not from my own words..

As for you saying that im calling women fabricator's, no I haven't and I have clearly stated that it is mostly women who talk about their dreams .. The wife of a sheikh that I know saw Imam Al Jawad (as) in her dream, when she had a son, and she named her son jawad after that dream .. It is possible brother, but my whole point is that not everyone who thinks they have seen the Imam (as), have really seen him .. so one must watch out.

Wa (salam)

Edited by Imami_ali

Guest Toreador

das has seen the prophet (pbuh) in his dreams and can clearly describe him... might even have seen imam ali (as), imam mahdi (as), and some angels but since deen is not based on dreams or visions, das could care less about bringing iman on occultish intreprtations.

perhaps this is the wahabi leftover speaking but one should not be guided by such histrionics. a dream is a dream and it means nothing other than that you are dreaming about something (or someone) you have spent extensive amount of time pondering upon. conscious imagery is stored in the subconscious which manifests itself in the forms of dreams. there is no magic or divinity involved.

das has seen the prophet  in his dreams and can clearly describe him... might even have seen imam ali , imam mahdi , and some angels but since deen is not based on dreams or visions, das could care less about bringing iman on occultish intreprtations.

perhaps this is the wahabi leftover speaking but one should not be guided by such histrionics. a dream is a dream and it means nothing other than that you are dreaming about something (or someone) you have spent extensive amount of time pondering upon. conscious imagery is stored in the subconscious which manifests itself in the forms of dreams. there is no magic or divinity involved.

Actually... I think I agree with this... has anybody here seen Imam Mahdi (as) in real LIFE? Because I've heard of this before, and this probably has much more validity in it than a dream.

Wasalaam

la hawla wa la quwwata ill billah

where are you all taking your Islam from? probably some bida dreams...

because you are certainly innovating when you say dreams mean nothing.

astafghrillah

do you realise that dreams were one of the most important tools for the companions, the imams, the believers in guiding them to the truth.

before he died, Imam Ali (as) beheld the Prophet (pbuh) in a dream and discussed the most determining moment of his life.

in fact the Prophet (pbuh) stated in both SUNNI and SHIA traditions that dreams are a part of prophecy that Allah has left open for the believers, and in the end of days the believer shall hardly see a dream that is false. it does not mean they recieve REVELATION...but they can recieve guidance, openings and lesser WAHY.

please ask your scholar, marja, et cetera. before you lay down that verdict on "all dreams"...and you might say "i did not mean all dreams.." well then dreams of the Prophet (pbuh) and Imams are certainly those dreams you DID NOT mean.

astafghrillah, sorry to fill this post

It was no secret that Ayatollah Khomeini (as) recieved divine guidance in certain circumstacnes of his life, not to the degree of the Imams, but in lesser Wilayat.

the dreams would be a way of ASSERTING the true IMAMS.

subhanaAllah....please discuss this with your teacher.

Edited by wizard

i'm just thinking about what this guy said again....i'm STILL SHOCKED

a dream is a dream and it means nothing other than that you are dreaming about something (or someone) you have spent extensive amount of time pondering upon. conscious imagery is stored in the subconscious which manifests itself in the forms of dreams. there is no magic or divinity involved

do you realise how [dangerous](AFTER EDIT for ADAB) this is...

so if i ponder about Prophet (pbuh) ....then i will see him??

what if i HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE?

where does that IMAGE of his FIGURE come from....

my Imagination? or does Allah create the vision.

were the Imams thinking a lot when they saw the dreams of the Prophet, what about other ahlulbayt, their children, brothers and sisters, who were not Imams, were they THINKING a lot when their SUBCONSCIOUS MADE an image of the Prophet (pbuh) in their sleep.

your statement was foolish (AFTER EDIT for sake of ADAB). astafghrillah.

Edited by wizard

Hehe, calm down!

I think you are blowing this out of proportion. I just meant that many people who may believe that they see the Mas'ums in dreams may just have been thinking about tnem right before they slept and they thought they saw them. It's going along the same lines as what Imami_Ali was saying... I don't think that "ordinary" people see the Mas'ums in dreams. The Prophets and Imams, they are different stories.... they received revelations... It's like asking people on this thread- "Have you ever received a revelation?" What DOES hold more validity, I think, is seeing the fourteen Mas'oums during one's consciousness.

The point is, that dreams can be tricky, that's all.

Wasalaam