- -

Photo
- - - - -

Shor message of hope & comfort from Quran/Hadith?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Salaam1

Salaam1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:28 AM

(salam)

Someone my wife knows just found out that she has stage 4 cancer (the most advanced)...

Is there a short ayat from the Quran or something from hadith that would be good as a message of hope & comfort for the person with cancer? I'm looking for something that's about 10-20 words when translated into English.

Jazakallah.

#2 muntadher

muntadher

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:02 AM

(bismillah)

[2.153] O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient.

#3 fyst

fyst

Tesseract

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,674 posts
  • Religion:Shi'i

Posted 11 February 2005 - 06:14 AM

(bismillah)

[29.64] And this life of the world is nothing but a sport and a play; and as for the next abode, that most surely is the life-- did they but know.

ok, that's like a little more than twenty words :donno:. summarize it or something, man.

#4 Salaam1

Salaam1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:29 PM

(salam)

Thanks...good suggestions. :)

Anyone else have something they can think of?

#5 Muhajiba

Muhajiba

Ya Thaa'r Allah!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:31 PM

Assalaamu Alaykum,

May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì help your wife's friend during this difficult period. Surely Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì is the only One to look to during this time.

Surely with difficulty is ease (94.6)
With difficulty is surely ease (94.6)

And We do not lay on any soul a burden except to the extent of its ability (23.62)

Therefore endure with a goodly patience (70.5)

And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient (2.155)

Imam Husayn [a] said: "O Lord! You are the nearest one Whom can be requested from; You are the soonest responder, and You are the most gracious in bestowing; Whose gift is the vastest and You hearken the best to what you are asked for. I call to You, O' the Beneficent in this world and the next, and the Merciful in both of them!" --'Arafah Invocation

Call upon Me, I will answer you (40:60)

And a powerful saying of Ameerul Mumineen (as): "O Allah, we do not ask you for a light burden but for strong backs."

InshAllah this helps some. She is in our dua'aa, inshAllah khayr.

wa salaam

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users