8 replies to this topic

#1 kareema

kareema

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 04:16 PM

(salam)

Does anyone of you know how to do the Istikhara by Quran? How is it different from making the so called Istikhara prayer?

Does anyone of you know how that Istikhara works at http://almodarresi.com/estakhar.htm ? I mean that how can I believe that the answer which I would get from here is from Allah and not just a random answer coming from the computer program?

Astaghfirullaah. I just have a problem in understanding how the Istikhara works. For example if I would make the Istikhara prayer from where does the answer come practically? Will I feel in my heart the right answer or how I get the answer?

Please explain me insha Allah. :blush:

Fii amanillah.

#2 ansoo

ansoo

Everyone needs to be loved.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 05:53 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

http://www.shiachat....showtopic=41647

Ma'salaama
sis ansoo

#3 ranianjani

ranianjani

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:ISLAM, hiking, observing nature, journal writing, british literature, reading, working out, trail running, traveling, psychology, politics/current events, feminism, poetry, tree-hugger activities (aka things tha have to do with nature or geo sci type stuff), ebaying (okay, I'm not addicted, but it get "fun" to just search around the site), scrap booking, praying (most important and favorite thing to do), reading Quran, organizing (yes, i'm anal), cleaning (its not like I go around cleaning all the time, but I like things neat and organized), family, charities (getting involved), thinking, pilates, yoga (i'm trying to get good at it!)...I'm sure there's more, I'll think of it later.

Posted 16 November 2004 - 05:13 PM

I heard that an istikhara should be repeated 7 times (not necessarily in the same day)...is this true?

Does that apply for ALL types of istikharas?...like even the one on this site where you use the Quran to do it (flipping the 7 pages etc...)

#4 faithmuslima

faithmuslima

I7fath Nahjal Khomeini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 07:32 PM

Salam Alaykum.

^Never heard that. I've heard scholars mention it's always best to do an istikhara once.. make your intention and do it once, unless circumstances significantly change.

I just have a problem in understanding how the Istikhara works. For example if I would make the Istikhara prayer from where does the answer come practically?

I think it's Sunnis that usually do their istikharas in a form of prayer, where somehow they will be inspired, like in a dream or something. There are different forms of istikhara; prayer, masbaha, and opening the Qur'an are the most frequently used methods. The link provided by sis ansoo is just ONE type of method you may use with the Holy Qur'an. It may involve interpretation, rather than looking at the specific letter.

Allah yistajib du3aa'kum inshaAllah.

#5 kanez-e-Zahra

kanez-e-Zahra

Al-AJAL YA MAWLA YA SAHIB ZAMAN!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:02 PM

(salam)

For example if I would make the Istikhara prayer from where does the answer come practically? Will I feel in my heart the right answer or how I get the answer?

Extract taken from ISTIKHIRA: Seeking the best from Allah:

3. The ‘Spiritual’ Istikh¡ra: This type of Istikh¡ra is also a type of mystical relationship with Allah. It is performed in this way that after a person performs the supplication to Allah for seeking the best, and after his intellect and asking others for advice has not produced any results, then in the presence of His Creator who is free from all need and want, asks his needs and what is distressing him and asks Him to guide to what is truly the best for him. At this time, the person will look deep in his heart and with his soul searching, he would see which path to follow is stronger in him. This will be the answer to his Istikh¡ra, and will full certainty and satisfaction, he would go ahead with his plans.

This online book posted by Bro. Abdul Hussain in the Islamic Laws & Jurisprudence section of the Forum is quite helpful.

ISTIKHIRA: Seeking the best from Allah

ws

#6 Ya Aba 3abdillah

Ya Aba 3abdillah

Destination - Jerusalem

• Admins
  • 12,426 posts
  • Religion:Islam Shia Usooli
  • Interests:Nahjul Balagha
    www.al-islam.org

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:55 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

(salam)
Does anyone of you know how that Istikhara works at

http://almodarresi.com/estakhar.htm ? I mean that how can I believe that the answer which I would get from here is from Allah and not just a random answer coming from the computer program?

Astaghfirullaah. I just have a problem in understanding how the Istikhara works. For example if I would make the Istikhara prayer from where does the answer come practically? Will I feel in my heart the right answer or how I get the answer?

I have seen 2 or 3 instances of online istikhaara (i.e. computer generated). I too found it hard to comprehend. Programming an application to randomly select a verse may have its flaws, where the "randomness" isn't really random, depending on the skill of the programmer. And even then, it's really the computer chip which is doing the calculations and selecting a verse :blink: Just too wierd.

ws

#7 Serenity`

Serenity`

The veil is not a limit.

• Admins
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:02 AM

(salam)

While where on the topic, i thought i'd ask a question. If your not confused about a certain issue but you feel it's safer to seek guidance from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, should you still do istikhira?

I'm just confused whether or not this particular thing would need istikhira, because i'm not confused about what i'm going to do, i'm just confused whether or not to perform the istikhira; (InshAllah that made sense) I want to be safe not sorry. I feel i shouldn't perform Istikhira because i'm not confused, but i don't want anything to stuff up/go wrong.

So what do use think?

Wasalaam :unsure:

#8 faithmuslima

faithmuslima

I7fath Nahjal Khomeini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:02 PM

Salam Alaykum.

I'm just confused whether or not this particular thing would need istikhira

Sometimes I feel like I should make an istikhara for whether/not to make an istikhara lol.

According to Sayyed Seestani (if you make a search, the fatwa's in one of the istikhara threads), one must seek advice before making an istikhara. If after that you are still confused, make an istikhara.

I feel i shouldn't perform Istikhira because i'm not confused, but i don't want anything to stuff up/go wrong.

Sounds like your'e unsure about the outcome of what you want to do. I think that if you do not know for certain that the outcome will be successful, then istikhara would be okay. Then again, ask a scholar or your marja' for a solid reply. I've seen more than a few scholars make istikharas over a small issue.

Allahu a3lam, and good luck in all that you do.

Edited by faithmuslima, 17 November 2004 - 03:02 PM.

#9 Serenity`

Serenity`

The veil is not a limit.

• Admins
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:00 PM

(salam)

Sometimes I feel like I should make an istikhara for whether/not to make an istikhara lol.

That's exactly how i feel ^_^ (Thanks for your time sis)

InshAllah Kheir,
Wasalaam.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users