Man only gets what he strives for

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,070 posts
  • Interests:Finding out what my interests are

Posted 23 October 2004 - 08:30 AM

(salam)
Few things are bothering me.
One of them is That Durood-e-Ibrahimi is quite a famous durood it is even recited on PTV every day[Quite a few times]..
But i always hear sunni maulanaas adding "Wa Ashabuhu Ajmaeen" to it..
My question is that is this thing got some basis any sahih hadith in this regard from sunni brethern would be appreciated.

And another question is
Nothing is perfect in this world except very few exceptions..
But "Star Hadith" signify that all ashaab [ajmaeen] could be followed.
That is ideal case can it happen?? Every one could be followed??
There are infinite ways to a single point...

#2 Slave of Ghazi Alamdar

Slave of Ghazi Alamdar

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:06 AM

Few things are bothering me. One of them is That Durood-e-Ibrahimi is quite a famous durood it is even recited on PTV every day[Quite a few times]..But i always hear sunni maulanaas adding "Wa Ashabuhu Ajmaeen" to it..My question is that is this thing got some basis any sahih hadith in this regard from sunni brethern would be appreciated.

Adding of Ashab Ajmaeen is an innovation which has nothing to do with the original Durood. Prophet (pbuh) never asked the followers to add his companions in the durood.

Nothing is perfect in this world except very few exceptions..But "Star Hadith" signify that all ashaab [ajmaeen] could be followed. That is ideal case can it happen?? Every one could be followed?? There are infinite ways to a single point...

That star Hadith is quite a funny tradition. According to Sunnis, Usman was a companion and Talha/Zubair were also companions. During the revolt in Madina, whom would they follow, the one who was killed or those who were responsible of his killing? According to them, Imam Ali (as) is a companion and Muawiya (LA) was a companion too, whom would they follow in Suffain, the Kaliph of Muslim Ummah (ALI (as) ) or the the fitnah monger from Syria?

#3 al-syedia

al-syedia

ALI TAJDAR

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:16 AM

well said bro slave of ghazi alamdar(AS)
aur zeeshan bhai u could have asked this kinda question from me

#4 Casper

Casper

• Banned
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:21 AM

The title of this page is : The Sahaba in their real value .
http://www.14masom.c...n-tareek/52.htm
http://www.aqaed.com...e/sahabe01.html

These are some headlines:

The word "sahaba" in the Quran :
Allah used the word sahaba for expressing the infidels like in :

I ask you to do one thing: Devote yourselves to GOD, in pairs or as individuals, then reflect. Your friend is not crazy. He is a manifest warner to you, just before the advent of a terrible retribution . (34:46)

Your friend (Muhammad) was not astray, nor was he deceived. (53:2)

Your friend is not crazy. (81:22)

"O my prison mates, are several gods better, or GOD alone, the One, the Supreme? (12:39)
Where Joseph (as) was talking with the 2 inidels with him in the prison.

We see that the words "Friend" and "Mate" were used between the prophets (as) and the infidels , so these words don't carry a special importance for the ones prescribed by .

There is verses that descended in many sahaba with threat and curses like :

Who is more evil than one who fabricates lies and attributes them to GOD, or says, "I have received divine inspiration," when no such inspiration was given to him, or says, "I can write the same as GOD's revelations?" If only you could see the transgressors at the time of death! The angels extend their hands to them, saying, "Let go of your souls. Today, you have incurred a shameful retribution for saying about GOD other than the truth, and for being too arrogant to accept His revelations. [6:93]

These verse is descended in the "sahabi!" Abdullah bin Sa'ed bin Abi Sareh , the brother of Uthman bin Affan .
The prophet (pbuh) ordered to kill him .However he was not killed and he became one of the ministers of the state and the army's chief !!!.

The Sahaba are fallibiles , and have sins like nobody have did .
Talha and Zubair and Aesha maked the war of Camel against Imam Ali (as).

Edited by XLEGIONS, 23 October 2004 - 11:23 PM.

#5 sayedzeeshan

sayedzeeshan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:49 AM

My Question was what is the base of adding that phrase to durood[Authenticated from ahadith] from sunni sources?

#6 sayedzeeshan

sayedzeeshan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 10:50 AM

aur zeeshan bhai u could have asked this kinda question from me

Can you tell me its base from sunni sources?

#7 shshah

shshah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 11:09 AM

a shia friend of mine told me that her sister in law (who is also shia )left praying namaz in shia way coz she read somewhere that ur namaz is not complete untill u dont say darood -e- ibrahimi and she says shia,s dont read darood-e-ibrahimi in prayers :unsure:

#8 sayedzeeshan

sayedzeeshan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,070 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 07:54 PM

I still repeat my question "what is the sunni source of adding that phrase to durood"
Come on my question is straight forward coz. i hear every mullah doing it in every Jummah's Khutba. There must be some hadith.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users