Turkish is incredibly easy to learn. There is no gender or article, the alphabet is entirely phoentic, very few irregular verbs, so on and so forth. The hardest thing to grasp for native English speakers is word order.

In English you might say...

"I am going to the Airport in Istanbul"

in Turkish:

Istanbulda havaalanıya gidiyorum ---> literally means "in Istanbul to airport I am going"

Spend a few weeks in Istanbul or anywhere really (preferally not Istanbul actually, everyone speaks English or other common languages) and you'll pick it up very quickly, especially if you're comfortable with the latin alphabet. I did. :)

Nice points Qasem but I want to add that the only hard thing would be the suffixes to learn and Turkish language is a language of suffixes. Also Istanbul would be the best. Because in other cities, you would have to communicate in different accents of the locals whereas Istanbuli accent should be the first to learn.

Men konusabilirem

This is Azeri not Turkish :P

Ben siayim= i am shia @)

Ben şiiyim*

I live in Turkey and am fluent, if anyone still wants to learn let me know! These posts are super old haha

Istanbulda havaalanıya gidiyorum

I believe this should be İstanbul'daki havaalanıya gidiyorum, otherwise you're saying In Istanbul, I'm going to the airport which is weird.

Nice points Qasem but I want to add that the only hard thing would be the suffixes to learn and Turkish language is a language of suffixes. Also Istanbul would be the best. Because in other cities, you would have to communicate in different accents of the locals whereas Istanbuli accent should be the first to learn.

This would only be a real problem if you were planning on visiting Eastern Turkey or Karadeniz in my opinion. Even in Istanbul there are tons and tons of people from various cities. Other than that if you have a good understanding of the language and the way they shorten some of the words you'll be fine.