Sign in to follow this  
Noora

Types of zekr

Rate this topic

Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

“Zekr” is classified into several kinds:

1- “Tashmeed” (Saying praise is due to Allah)

Saeed Chamat has reported on the authority of Fazl: I said to Imam Sadeq (as): May I be sacrificed for you! Teach me a comprehensive Dua. The Imam said:

“Praise God, for in this case, every worshipper will recite Dua for you and will say: God hears one who praise Him.”

It has been reported on the authority of the Holy Prophet (SAW):

“Any speech which does not begin with the praise of God, it is not perfect.”

Abu Massood has reported on the authority of Imam Sadeq (as):

“Whoever says: Praise is due to the Lord of the worlds at dawn four times, has thanked God for that day and whoever repeats the same in the evening, has thanked God for the night.”

Imam Sadeq (as) has reported on the authority of the Holy Prophet (SAW):

“Whoever says: Praise is due to God as He deserves it, has stopped heavenly scribes (angels) from writing.  They will say: O God! We do not know the unseen.  God will say: Write as My servant says.  I will reward him for it.”

2-  “Tamjeed” (Saying God is Almighty) (commendation)

Ali Ibne Hessan has reported on the authority of a friend and he on the authority of Imam Sadeq (as):

“Every Dua which is not preceded by “Tamjeed” is not perfect; first “Tamjeed” and then eulogy.  The reporter says: I said.  What is the least which will suffice as Tamjeed (commendation)?  The Imam said: Say:

“You are the First before whom there is nothing.  You are the Last after whom there is nothing.  You are the Manifest above whom there is nothing.  You are the Hidden beneath whom there is nothing.  And You are Almighty, the All-wise.”

The reporter says: I asked Imam Sadeq (as): What is the least which will suffice as Tamjeed?  The Imam said:

“Praise is due to God who dominates everything.  Praise is due to God who is aware of the hidden.  Praise is due to God who brings the dead back to life and He has power over all things.”

3-  “Tahleel” (Saying there is no god but Allah) and Takbeer (Saying God is the Greatest)

Rabee Azfazeel has reported on the authority of Imam Sadeq (as):

.  “Recite “Tahleel” and “Takbeer” frequently, for there is nothing more favored by God than “Takbeer” and “Tahleel”.”

It has been reported on the authority of the Holy Prophet (SAW):

“The best prayer is to say: There is no god but Allah.”

“Tasbeeh” (Saying glory be to God)

Yunus Ibne Yaghoob says:

“I said to Imam Sadeq (as): Will anyone saying “Sobhanallah” a hundred times be among those who has remembered God frequently?  The Imam said: Yes.”

May Allah subhanah wa taala allow us to make as much zikr in our life as we can, because zikr is the one what has no limit, therefor Allah Taala is not contented with a little zikr!

Ameen.

Wassalam alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh