20 replies to this topic

#1 Sayyid

Sayyid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 05:06 AM

Assalam Alaikum

Although we hear a lot of things about Wahabi prejudices against our beloved Imams, but it was surprising to see names of our all Imams written on the walls of extended part of Majid-i-Nabvi. This part of Masjid-I-Nabvi was constructed probably in early eighties. That means the Wahabis are not that against our imams as it is described and hence they are Muslim contrary to some claims.

Wasslam
Sayyid

#2 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,896 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 05:13 AM

Salam o Alekum,

I have heard about this also. Where exactly are they written?

They could have been written in the pre alay Saud era. Many things were built by the Turkish.

Khuda Hafiaz

#3 Ali

Ali

Chief

• Admins
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 05:16 AM

Salam Alaikum.

I believe they're also written on the wall of Omayyad Mosque in Syria. They consider them as holy figures, much like Mu3awiya and Yazeed :donno:

It's funny to see both these names and the names of the Imams on the same wall.

#4 Sayyid

Sayyid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 05:26 AM

Assalam Alaikum

They are wriiten in the part of Masjid-i-Nabvi built by present rulers, not in the part built by Turkish.

I have seen Omayyad Mosque in syria as well. It doesn't have Imams names although the place where head of Imam Hussain was placed is well preserved.

Wasslam

#5 Ali

Ali

Chief

• Admins
  • 10,830 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 05:28 AM

Salam Alaikum.

I'm pretty sure they had it bro. It wasnt on any of the main domes but it was on a wall extending to one of them. This was back in 1991. Maybe their wahhabism hit in and they removed it?

#6 Sayyid

Sayyid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 05:54 AM

Assalam Alaikum

May be u are right. I didn't see when I visited it in 2000. I might have missed that place. Also, Syria is ruled by Alvis, who respect Ahlul Bait more than Shias. They are against Wahabis and also they do not consider Muavia and his son worthy of any respect. In fact grave of yazid is littered with garbage thrown by people. Muavia's grave is also described to be in bad shape.

#7 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,896 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 06:00 AM

They are wriiten in the part of Masjid-i-Nabvi built by present rulers, not in the part built by Turkish.

Salam o Alekum,

I am asking the location as I wish to see it, InshaAllah. Here is the map of the Masjid al-Nabawi, the main portion where the Prophet (SAWW) is burried and the part of Masjid next to it. So where are they written,

-In this area,
-Left
-Right
-down (behind)

Thanks

Attached Images

• rrslmap.gif

#8 ya imam mehdi

ya imam mehdi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 08:02 AM

Salam,

Hmmm i dont know where and cuz i dont read arabic...:( i was never able to see it myself... but i was told by the sayyid here that he for the first time last year also noticed it on the walls and he was amazed. I can ask him for you today inshallah. I'll let you know much later in the day tho.

Inshallah bro u planning to go???

#9 shiaboy83

shiaboy83

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:11 AM

Salaam Alaykum,

I went to Medina in 1997 and saw it then - it was in the part where the mosque opens up into two open squares (which are then covered when it becomes hot by umbrella like drapes). The names of all 12 Imams are there along with other names, each in gold writing on a circular green background at the very top of the wall going around each square.

However I have pictures of the Mosque of the Prophet from about 100 years ago and the names of the Imams are clearly visible then too, so it is not an addition by the part of the Saudi government, but rather predates them and they have simply left them there.

Plus - can I ask what "nabvi" is?

Wa Salaam

#10 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,375 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:18 AM

Nabvi =Nabawi
Masjid Nabawi Is Prophet Mosque in madinah

#11 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,896 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:19 AM

Inshallah bro u planning to go???

InshaAllah, I plan to look for the names.

#12 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,896 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:22 AM

Salam o Alekum,

However I have pictures of the Mosque of the Prophet from about 100 years ago and the names of the Imams are clearly visible then too, so it is not an addition by the part of the Saudi government, but rather predates them and they have simply left them there.

Could you scan those pictures for all of us to see? Thanks. :)

Plus - can I ask what "nabvi" is?

Nabi = Prophet (SAWW)

Nabvi or Nabawi = Prophet's or belonging to the Prophet (SAWW)

Khuda Hafiz

#13 shiaboy83

shiaboy83

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:36 AM

Salaam Alaykum,

I know what Nabi is, I just wondered why there was a "v" added, as there is no "nabvi" in Arabic - sorry my confusion.

Unfortunately I don't have the scanner, but will hunt out the book and give you the title if you wish to have a look in a shop etc., they have some very beautiful pictures of Makkah and Medina from 100 years ago - very inspiring.

Wa Salaam

#14 Sayyid

Sayyid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 12:21 PM

Assalam Alaikum

Thanks brother for the map, but it not complete unfortunately. The place where names are written is outside of Turkish part of the Mosque. This position has been rightly pointed out by Br. Shiaboy83. The Mosque open up at two places with umbrella and names of Imams are there along with that of many companions. These names are not in order though.

Well, I understand the correct spelling is Nabavi or Nabawi. I don’t think there is any difference between Nabavi and Nabawi, is there?

#15 145_turbo_16V

145_turbo_16V

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 09:02 PM

It is our duty to try as much as possible to properly pronounce words pertaining to religion as well as you can. There is no such letter as "vau" in arabic. There is only only "wau". I also heard people saying "valla" many times many years ago. I couldn't figure out what it was until I was told that what he was trying to say is "By Allah" or "WAllah".

Some people cannot do so, as in the case of the famous Sahabi, Bilal. He would pronounce "sh" when it should be "s". But it was more of his inate pronunciation disability. For those who can pronouce, it would be better to pronouce it the way it was suppose to be, or as close as you can get to it. The main thing is to try your best.

Is there a difference between shiratul mustaqim and siratul mustaqim? Yes there is. For one thing, I have no idea what the word "shiratul" means. The problem when knowingly pronouncing words inccorectly is that it loses its meaning.

#16 Abdulhujjah

Abdulhujjah

íÇ ÇÈÇ ÕÇáÍ ãÏÏí

• Advanced Members
  • 8,436 posts
  • Interests:Staying real, I hate fake people

Posted 06 December 2002 - 09:06 AM

786-110

Salam@lai.com

Sayyid what makes you say that it was contructed in the eighties?

Where did u gather that info?

Wassalaam

#17 Sayyid

Sayyid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 01:26 PM

Assalam Alaikum

I saw a documentary film, which showed King Fahad inaugurating the construction of the mosque. It explained construction process and steps involved in great detail. Whether present rulers built the mosque are not this is another matter. Important thing is that the names of Imams are still written on the wall. If the present regime was against these sacred personalities they could have removed their names.

#18 Abdulhujjah

Abdulhujjah

íÇ ÇÈÇ ÕÇáÍ ãÏÏí

• Advanced Members
  • 8,436 posts
  • Interests:Staying real, I hate fake people

Posted 07 December 2002 - 12:10 AM

786-110

Salam@lai.com

That means the Wahabis are not that against our imams as it is described and hence they are Muslim contrary to some claims.

:mad: It was King ibn Saud (:shaytan: lovechild) who ordered the demolition of the baqii, this shows plenty of love towards iblis if anything.

Wassalaam

#19 Sayyid

Sayyid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:48 AM

:mad: It was King ibn Saud (:shaytan: lovechild)  who ordered the demolition of the baqii, this shows plenty of love towards iblis if anything.

Assalam Alaikum

Well, I never said Wahabi love our Imams. What I said was that they seem to have respect for our Imams and hence they can be considered Muslim like other Sunnis.

The second Caliph is described to be responsible for the martyrdom of Hadrat Mohsin, the younger brother of Imam Hassan and Hussain. If Sunnis, who have great respect for the second caliph, can be considered Muslim why can’t Wahabis be?

Plenty of statements emanating from Iran describe Saudi Arabia, ruled by Wahabis” and Iran as great powers of Islam. If Wahabis are not Muslim, how can a country ruled by them be an Islamic power?

In Harem we perform “salat” following Wahabi Imam. Can we pray after a non-Muslim?

#20 zainabia

zainabia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 11:36 AM

Bismillah

Salam Alaikum

What makes Wahabies (Salafies) out of the circle of Islam?

Are there any Fatwas by Mujtahideen that they are out of Islam?

===============================================

Please also note that many Salafi people in Saudia are extremists (especially the new generation) and consider shias as Kafirs.

But the ruling of Saudi Government is this that Shias are Muslims and allowed to perform Hajj (although deny to give then to propogate their beliefs).

They also permitted them for Dua-e-Kumail in Janatul Baqi.

=========================================

All these steps from Saudi Government seems to be good. But beaware, the propaganda against Shias is verrrrrry strong in Saudia and the next generation consider Shias to be Kafir.

The Imam of Masjid-e-Nabawi (his name is Hudhaifi) is worst enemy of shias. These ulama (who are also partly against Saudi Government) propogating against Shias. And if they succeeds in coming to power, I am afraid they will try to ban shias from performing Hajj.

May Allah hasten the Zahoor of Our Imame-e-Zamana (as). Amin

Was Salam.

#21 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,896 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 12:08 PM

And if they succeeds in coming to power, I am afraid they will try to ban shias from performing Hajj.

Salam o Alekum,

In that case Iran should attack Saudi Arabia to make way for Hajj. This is just an idea, what do you think?

:angry:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users