#1 muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:14 PM

Ziarate Ashoora

Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s.) recounts, ‘O Safwaan! When you are confronted with some adversity, then seek redressal of your grievances from Imam Hussain (a.s.) through the Aamaal of Ashoora. Allah has pledged the fulfillment of demands with this Ziarat and Allah never reneges on His word’.

Hardships and afflictions no matter how severe, can be remedied by reciting Ziarate Ashoora for forty successive days. Records of people’s experiences actually testify to the authenticity of this tradition.

Renowned Shia scholars have recited this Ziarat regularly. They have reaped incalculable benefits through its recitation and have always resorted to it in moments of distress.

Here are few incidents which highlight the significance of Ziyrat e Ashura.
1) Respite from plague

Ayatullah Haj Shaikh Abdul Karim Haaeri Yazdi (founder of the Hauze-Ilmiyya in Qom) narrates, ‘It was the period of my education in the Hauze Ilmiyya in Samarra. There was an epidemic in the city that had taken in its wake many victims. One day, all the scholars had assembled at Ayatullah Sayyed Muhammad Fasharki (r.a.)’s residence, the latter being my teacher. Then unexpectedly, Ayatullah Mirza Muhammad Taqi Shirazi (r.a.) entered the house. His stature was no less than that of Ayatullah Fasharki (r.a.). There was a round of general discussion and the scholars started deliberating on the epidemic and how at the rate it was claiming lives, it would very soon wipe out the entire city. In the midst of this discussion Ayatullah Fasharki (r.a.) rose, and asked, ‘Do you all acknowledge me as the Mujtahid? Then If I impose a decree upon you, will you act according to it?’ We all replied emphatically, ‘Yes! Indeed you are the Mujtahid.’

Then Ayatullah Fasharki (r.a.) addressed the audience and declared, ‘I command the Shias of Sammarah to recite Ziarate Ashoora for a period of ten days. Then offer the reward of this recitation to the mother of Imame Zamaana (may our souls be sacrificed for him), Janabe Nargis Khatoon (s.a.). Then beseech her to present our case to her son Hazrat Valiul Asr, so that Imam (a.s.) shields us from the malady.’

Ayatullah Fasharki (r.a.) relates further, ‘I assure the person security from the plague, if he recites Ziarate Ashoora.’ Since it was a matter of life and death, the entire Shia population followed Ayatullah Fasharki’s recommendation and began reciting this Ziarat. Miraculously, with the recitation of the Ziarat, the plague subsided and the mo’mineen were spared. But this phenomenon was observed only among the Shias, as the Ahle Sunnah continued to fall prey to this malady. Everyday, the plague claimed at least one from the Ahle Sunnah. They were defenseless, as this ailment was without a cure. Before long, they realized that the plague was claiming only their members, while the Shias were somehow reprieved. In order to hide their embarrassment, they started conducting the burial of their dead in the middle of the night. When one of the Ahle Sunnah inquired from the Shias, the reason behind their miraculous reprieve, the latter revealed their secret of Ziarate Ashoora. Then the Ahle Sunnah too undertook recitation of this Ziarat. And this Ziarat’s enigmatic prowess was manifested when they also started receiving respite from the dreaded plague. In fact, some of them used to visit the shrines of Imam Ali Naqi (a.s.) and Imam Hasan Askari (a.s.) and began confessing: ‘We recite the very Ziarat for you that is recited by your Shias.’
Shaykh Abdul Kareem (r.a.) observes that on reciting this Ziarat, Shias and Ahle Sunnah both became immune to this plague.

2) Calamities
One person writes about two occasions when he was afflicted with calamities, which were removed with the recitation of Ziarate Ashoora.

First Occasion
This involved three difficulties.
1. I had become indebted for a sum of two million tu’man for purchase of my house. A year had passed but there seemed no chance of repayment of the debt. I was very tense because of this huge debt.
2. My second difficulty was also very disturbing, which I can not reveal.
3. Poverty

These three calamities had made me very nervous. I implored Janabe Masumae Qom, Fatema (s.a.). I decided to recite Ziarate Ashoora for a period of forty days and grant the reward of this recitation to Janabe Narjis Khatoon (s.a.) as a gift. I would request her to intercede on my behalf with her son, Imame Zamana (a.t.f.s.), so that Imam (a.s.) would solve my problems. My routine involved praying Ziarate Aminullah (of Ameerul Mo’mineen a.s.), after reciting Namaze Subh. Then I used to recite Ziarate Ashoora along with hundred repetitions of curses and salaam, followed by Dua Alqamah.

I had only finished reciting for 28 days when my second problem was solved. On the 37th day, one of my friends who owed me some money approached me, gave me all the money and said, ‘Pay off all your debts with this money.’ On the completion of the 40th day, my financial problem was also solved. Thus all my problems were solved and I did not have to confront such problems again.

Second Occasion

About one year had lapsed after the above-mentioned incident. I was faced with another calamity. My friends and I had entered into an agreement with a trader from Teheran. The latter was to make some purchases on our behalf. My friends had somehow made arrangements for the money and dispatched the sum to that trader. As per the agreement, we were to receive the consignment of goods by the third day. However, we learnt that the trader had cheated us and a bank, to the tune of seventy million tu’man, and after that he had escaped. After three months of hunting him, I was totally disheartened. I finally decided to once again resort to Ziarate Ashoora and request Imame Zamana (a.t.f.s.) for assistance.

I had recited this Ziarat only for 20 days when this trader himself phoned me, and by the end of the 40th day I had received my amount in full. However, the others did not receive their money. Finally this trader was arrested and imprisoned for his crime.

Thus, again Ziarata Ashoora brought me some much-needed relief and relaxation. However, it must be stated here that, while reciting this Ziarat on both the occasions, I used to recall the grief and calamities of Imam Hussain (a.s.) and lament bitterly. I had turned my attention away from all worldly means and had placed total confidence and reliance on this Ziarat.

#2 sandy1

sandy1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:39 AM

thankyou sooooo much for this

i heard about the 40 day thing in syria...but does that mean it must BE READ IN ARABIC AND the parts u have to recite a 100 times ie the lanat/lan'a MUST be read 100 times????

is namaz subh FAJAR? does it have to be read at this time...cos the amaal is quite long

Edited by FitShia, 13 May 2004 - 04:40 AM.

#3 muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 01:35 PM

S/a

As far as reading it in Arabic is concerned, it is always recommended to recite duas and ziyrats in arabic coz it is the word of our Aimmah's. In this case it is even more important as Ziyrat e Ashura is Hadis e Qudsi i.e. Word of Allah not in Quran. Thus reciting it in Arabic is recommended.

If we intend to make a nazr or vow it is better if we recite 100 Lanats and Salaam, but there is no compulsion. Also there is no compulsion of reciting it after Namaz e Subh, it can be recited at any time.

#4 tahira1976

tahira1976

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 01:57 PM

(bismillah)

(salam)

what are Lanats?

#5 muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:11 PM

S/a

Lanats mean curse.

You can read Ziyrat e Ashura for more detail...

We send curse in it on the enemies of Ahle Bait and killers of Imam Husain (as)

#6 abba

abba

Help those in need but be careful!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:14 PM

Whenever I have recited or listened to Ziarat-e-Ashura it always brings in mind the tragedy of Karbala and suffering of Ahlul-Bayt. Specially this particular recitation brings tears to my eyes:

The text of the Ziarat can be found here:
Arabic
http://www.shiagroup...at/readit15.htm

Arabic with Urdu Translation
http://www.ziaraat.com/karhus32.html

Arabic with Urdu Translation (from Mufateeh Jinaan) starts at page 881
http://www.shiamasji.../books/mafateh/

One question is that is it necessary to go into Sajda for the last part of the Ziarah? Since, sometimes I listen to it when I am driving.

Edited by abba, 13 May 2004 - 11:18 PM.

#7 sandy1

sandy1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:45 PM

IS IT NECCESSARY TO DO SAJDA AT ALL, AFTER RECITING ZIARAT ASHURA

IM GETTIN A SUNNI FRIEND OF MINE TO DO THIS AMAAL

Edited by FitShia, 14 May 2004 - 04:50 AM.

#8 hinna

hinna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 05:18 PM

^ two rakat namaz should be read after Ziarat Ashura which is read the same way as the morning namaz but with the neyat of Ziarat Ashura.

#9 sandy1

sandy1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:51 AM

YEH I KNO THAT

BUT I THOUGT MAYBE U HAD TO DO A SEPERATE SAJDA OR SUMMAT

#10 muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:36 AM

Doing the Sajdah in the Last Part of the Ziyrat is necessary.

If any one has doubts regarding this matter they can check with their local Maulana or Prayer Leader (Pesh Imam of Namaz)

#11 sandy1

sandy1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:42 AM

Doing the Sajdah in the Last Part of the Ziyrat is necessary.

If any one has doubts regarding this matter they can check with their local Maulana or Prayer Leader (Pesh Imam of Namaz)

what last part?

which part

#12 Guest_DjibrilCisse_*

Guest_DjibrilCisse_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:59 AM

I love this Du'a.

Last year during my exams I asked in the Shiachat chatroom what to recite, and someone proposed this one.

Alhamdulillah, I passed in all my subjects. Exams coming up again in 2 weeks :(

Keep your du'as ready!

#13 muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:45 AM

The Last part where peforming Sajdah is necessary is

Allah humma lakal humdo humdas shakereen na....

#14 BATOOL7

BATOOL7

Ya Allah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:48 PM

(salam)

Its recommended to read this dua every day as it provides some protection and blessings.

Wasalaam

Edited by lexus, 18 May 2004 - 12:48 PM.

#15 sandy1

sandy1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:04 AM

The Last part where peforming Sajdah is necessary is

Allah humma lakal humdo humdas shakereen na....

i dint kno this

doesnt say this in any of my books :huh:

#16 Whizbee

Whizbee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,574 posts
  • Interests:Definitely not you.

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:13 AM

(salam)

Yes!!This ziyarat is really effective......it has happend quite a few times that I have asked for something and recited this Ziyarat for 40 days and I did get what i wanted.Alhamdulilah.

Hey is the 2 Rakat Namaz necessary?? :huh:
  • zanyrulez likes this

#17 hinna

hinna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 04:09 PM

Yes it is necessary sis whizbee :)

#18 sandy1

sandy1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:05 AM

ok...let me get this right

heres the procedure:

ziarat ashura x1 (some peeps have said, thats its not neccessary to repeat the lanat and salam a 100 times each)

sajda...after the relevant part ie Allah humma lakal humdo humdas shakereen na....

then 2 rakat hadiya namaz ziarat ashura

and then dua alqama (optional)

can be done any time pref fajar

GUYS, I REALLY NEED AN EFFECTIVE AMAAL....I DONT MEAN TO SOUND BAD....BUT IM SICK OF SPENDING TIME ON REDUNDANT AMAALS/Acts of worship for a particular NEED/HAJAT...WHICH STILL HASNT BEEN FULFILLED :cry: IF ANY OF U CAN RECOMMEND A HIGHLY EFFECTIVE 100% GUARANTEED...I LL BE VERY VERY GRATEFUL! MUST BE 110% EFFECTIVE!

#19 sandy1

sandy1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:06 AM

(salam)

Yes!!This ziyarat is really effective......it has happend quite a few times that I have asked for something and recited this Ziyarat for 40 days and I did get what i wanted.Alhamdulilah.

WHIZ

can u pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease pm me the exact procedure u followed....seeing as its always mashallah worked for u

#20 BATOOL7

BATOOL7

Ya Allah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:59 AM

(salam)

I would be interested to know about the procedure you used as well, please explain this to us.

May Allah bless you.

Wasalaam

#21 ansoo

ansoo

Everyone needs to be loved.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:03 PM

(bismillah)

BUT IM SICK OF SPENDING TIME ON REDUNDANT AMAALS/Acts of worship for a particular NEED/HAJAT...WHICH STILL HASNT BEEN FULFILLED  IF ANY OF U CAN RECOMMEND A HIGHLY EFFECTIVE 100% GUARANTEED...I LL BE VERY VERY GRATEFUL! MUST BE 110% EFFECTIVE!

No aamal or act of worship is a waste of time. And nothing in life is guaranteed. The fact that you cross the road isn't even guaranteed because when your breath will stop, you don't know. If it is good for you, and when the time is right it will happen. Sometimes we want something so badly that we can't see beyond that thing. I'm sure your hajat is legitimate, so then wait for the right time and continue your aamals. Like i said, no aamal can be a waste of time, because Allah is so merciful that even saying salaam to someone gives you 90% thawaab.

As far as aamal-e-ashura goes, it is a miracle. Just recently I gave an exam which I had failed and failing the second time would have meant loss of my diploma. Anyway I started the aamals 10 days before the exam and continued them. The exam in my opinion, was horrible, it was harder than the first. Anyway, today was day 39 of my aamals and I hadn't even done the aamals today when I came home to find my results, which were good alhamdulillah. So...even if you get what you ask for, you are still supposed to finish the 40 day period if that was your intention.

My procedure was between Zuhr and Asr prayers or after Zuhr and Asr prayers I would recite Ziyarat-e-Ashura first. Then the curses were recited 5 times and the salaams were also recited 5 times. Then the short dua and the dua in sajdah. By the way, the sajdah is necessary but if a woman is unable to perform it, she can still recite it without doing the actual sajdah. Anyway I would then recite Dua-e-alqama.

Along with this aamal, I also did an aamal of Hazrat Abbas (as) . This can be found in the book Tohfa-e-Abbas on page 9. By the way this whole book has incredible aamals of Hazrat Abbas (as) .

This aamal was to recite 2 rakaat namaaz between maghrib and Isha prayers, giving hadya to Hazrat Abbas (as). Then, recite 5 times the following:

Ya mayn-yujeebul Mudhtarra Idha Da'ahu wa yakshifus-suu'
Ya Rabbi, Ya Rabbi, Ya Rab.
Ya Abbas-ibna Ali-ibna Ameeril Mo'mineen-Ibna Abi Talib.
Al-Amaan, Al-Amaan, Al-Amaan,
Adrikni, Adrikni, Adrikni...
(continue the Adrikini for as long as your breath allows).

Do this aamal for 40 nights, then stop. Once your hajaat is fulfilled, do this amaal for one more night.

By the way just as a precaution, I always advice people to write down their oaths/mannat/sukha because sometimes when in difficulty we tend to make a lot of oaths, but when our problems are solved we tend to forget what they were or to fulfill them.

Hope this helps.

#22 muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

muntazir_eimam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:13 PM

Here are some more Miracles of Ziyrat e Ashura...

sajda...after the relevant part ie Allah humma lakal humdo humdas shakereen

The last part which begins from Allah humma lakal humdo haumda shakereena... shld b recited IN sajdah.

Guaranteed sustenance
Shaykh Abdul Jawad Haeree Maazandarani relates, ‘Once, an indigent person approached the Shaykh of Taif viz. Shaykh Zainul Abedeen Maazandarani and bemoaned the lack of resources of livelihood. Shaykh advised, ‘Visit the mausoleum of Sayyadush Shohada (a.s.) and recite Ziarate Ashoora there. You will be relieved of your distress. And if you do not observe any change in your condition then visit me again.’ After some time when Shaykh chanced upon that person, he narrated, ‘I was preoccupied with the recitation of the Ziarat, when unexpectedly, a person approached me with an amount of money. He handed over that money to me and left. By the grace of Allah now my problem is solved.’ (Tazkerah Zaakereen)

Struggle for death

Ayatullah Najafi Kochani (r.a.), an extremely devout scholar of his time, was one of Mulla Akhund Khorasani’s most distinguished students. The former has mentioned a dream in he saw during his days in the Hauze Ilmiyya in Isfahan. He saw death in the guise of a calf. It was enveloped by three to four children. These children were gliding over my house, until one of them sat on the wall of my house. This dream was most fascinating. Ayatullah Najafi to seek its interpretation wrote a letter to his father explaining the entire dream. In the end he requested his father to reply as soon as possible, regarding his health, so that he could rest assured. Ayatullah Najafi’s letter was still in transit, when he received a letter from his father. His father had written: Your mother has departed from this transient world for her eternal abode. For the Ziarat of Imam Hussain (a.s.), she had a incurred a debt of twelve tomaan, which now with interest has compounded to eighty tomaan.’

Ayatullah Najafi writes that his father was so poor, that even if he had gathered all means at his disposal he would never be absolved from that debt. At that moment I pledged that I would recite Ziarate Ashoora in the mosque of Isfahan for forty days to secure respite for my father. I used to begin my recitation two hours before zavaal and complete it just before zavaal. I performed this routine for forty days. I beseeched Allah for the exemption of my father’s debts and also sought two other requests. Regarding my first request, I implored Allah for the position of a Mujtahid. And as for my second, I entreated Allah not to deprive me of intercession the Day of Judgement.

I had not even completed the recitation of Ziarat for a month, when I received another letter from my father. He informed me about having been relieved from his debt with the sadaqah of Imam Moosa Kazim (a.s.). I wrote to my father, ‘You have not got succour from Imam Moosa Kazim (a.s.), but from Sayyadush Shohada, Imam Hussain (a.s.), although all (Aimmah) have been created from the same light’.

After a period of comfort, I was again confronted with a disturbing situation. But the extraordinary results of the above mentioned incident had only strengthened my conviction regarding this Ziarat. Again I pledged to recite this Ziarat for a duration of forty days. I commenced recitation of the Ziarat in Muharram with the same fervour and sincerity as before. On the completion of the duration of forty days, I saw a dream, wherein I witnessed the realization of my demands for which I had undertaken the pledge of reciting Ziarat. When I woke the next day my satisfaction and delight, was without any limit.

Another longing

Ayatullah Najafi Kochani relates, ‘I was completely mesmerized by Ziarate Ashoora from my past two experiences in Isfahan. My level of dependence and conviction had multiplied manifold. Thus when I entered the venerated city of Najaf, I began reciting the Ziarat from the very first Friday. My only desire was to see the Zuhoor of Imam (may our lives be sacrificed for him) and attain martyrdom under his upright and equitable rule. Since both these desires were very close to my heart, I abstained from all vain things. For a period of forty Fridays in a year, I used to recite this Ziarat while at home or away. I thank Allah for my attachment and devotion towards Imam (a.s.). Allah is witness that my heart is overwhelmed with love for my Imam (a.s.) , and from Allah alone I implore taufeeq for Imam (a.s.)’s servitude.

Recitation of Ziarat on behalf of Vali-e-Asr
The author of ‘Abqariyyul Hisan’ Shaykh Ali Akbar Nahavandi, has recorded about ‘Sayyed Ahmed who sent him one of his works in which he mentions an incident. The latter writes, ‘I was seated in one corner of Masjide Sehla. Suddenly, a Sayyed entered the room wearing a turban (amamah) and a black cloak (aba). He looked all around and then he walked towards me. He remarked, ‘Since you recite Ziarate Ashoora every morning for Imame Zamana (a.s.), collect your monthly expenses from me, so that you don’t have to depend on anyone.’ The he gave me some money and said, ‘This should suffice you for this month.’ He left after that. In his presence, I was completely baffled. I felt as if my feet were stuck to the earth. I found myself tongue-tied and despite my best efforts could not speak anything. And this was my state until he left. Afterwards, I started looking for him all over but could not find him.’

The most beneficial action for the Hereafter

Shaykh Muhammad Hussain Ansari, was the son-in-law of the renowned Mujtahid, Shaykh Ansari. The former had many sons, one among them, i.e. Shaykh Murtaza was more popularly known as ‘Aqa-e-Shaykh Buzurg’ (The Great Shaykh). The latter was among the more learned scholars of Najaf.

Shaykh Murtaza was born in 1289 A.H., and expired at the age of 33 years after being fatally bitten by a snake.

Shaykh Murtaza (r.a.) used to regularly recite Ziarate Ashoora every morning and late afternoon (Asr). After his demise, a person saw him in a dream, and inquired from him, ‘Which action has benefited you the most?’ Shaykh (r.a.), replied thrice, ‘Ziarate Ashoora.’ (Zindagaani, Shaksiyyate Shaykh Ansari, old edition page 330, new edition page 327)

Reference: The Miracle of Ziyrat e Ashura
  • -Enlightened likes this

#23 sandy1

sandy1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:50 PM

thankyou guys sooo much, can i get this book 'miracles of ziarat ashura' in english? i have never heard of it??? :huh:

wat about the tohfa abbass one???

also is zavaal zuhr time?

thing is i work..... so i am unable to perform untill the evening

also i dont think i can recite the sajda part and do sajda at the same time...also wat did u mean by if women cant recite that part in sajda? do u mean wen they are najis ie in menstruation?

#24 ansoo

ansoo

Everyone needs to be loved.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 03:28 PM

also i dont think i can recite the sajda part and do sajda at the same time...also wat did u mean by if women cant recite that part in sajda? do u mean wen they are najis ie in menstruation?

I was told that there are 3 ways you can do the sajdah. First, you can either get someone to recite it and you repeat or do similarly with a tape. Second, you can read one line, recite it in sajdah, read the next and then recite in sajdah and so on, and third, you can hold the mor on your forehead and bow down in sajdah position as low as you can but still be able to read from the paper in front of you.

Yes i meant when a woman is in najasat she can do it without doing sajdah on the mor.

Tohfa-e-Abbas is a book which was compiled in Toronto Canada, it is has only been there for about 2 years or so. I got it from someone in Africa.

If you really like, I can try and post some of it on here, but unfortunately I'm not sure where you can get the book from, I will however, ask around.

Hope this helps...

#25 sandy1

sandy1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 03:59 PM

http://www.duas.org/...hura/ashura.htm

so a woman can do this amaal throughout menstruation ie ziarat ashura can still be recited? is that the same for dua alqama

the only thing she cant do is pray any salat/namaz...i heard she can do sajda??

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users