• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_abaleada_*

Guest_abaleada_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2004 - 07:28 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)
Q: Will Shi`ah Muslims attain Paradise, and Sunni Muslims go to the Hellfire?

Q: Is belief in imamah as prescribed by Shi`ah Islam required for a Muslim to enter Jannah, or might it be sufficient for a Sunni Muslim to refer to some of the A'immah as an Imam?

Q: What else might be required of someone to enter Jannah after they die regarding iman, Islam, and ihsan?

Q: Is it permissible for us to slander prominent Sunni scholars or figureheads by claiming that they permitted fisq to their followers or by using derogatory lables to describe them?

#2 Almodarresi

Almodarresi

Sayed Mohammad Mahdi Al Husseini Al Modarresi

• Special Guest
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:12 AM

(bismillah)
In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful
All praise is due to Allah Lord of the worlds
May Allah bestow his blessings upon Muhammad and his Progeny and curse their enemies from this day to the Day of Judgment.

Assalam alaikom,

The key to the gates of paradise are in the hands of Allah and those who are deemed His representatives.

I cannot tell you who is allowed into paradise and who is not. I certainly cannot tell you that about myself, much less about others. Allah may, at His wise discretion, allow or forbid anyone into His heavenly reward.

Allah says:

ان الذين امنوا والذين هادوا والنصارى والصابئين من امن بالله واليوم الاخر وعمل صالحا فلهم اجرهم عند ربهم ولا خوف عليهم ولا هم يحزنون

Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. 

The only issue is that "whoever believeth in Allah" must believe in Him fully, and this condition, by itself, entails other convictions. There may be those who believe in Allah but deserve the worst kind of chastisement in hell. Even the idolaters believed in Allah. That is why Allah says:

Surely pure religion is for Allah only. And those who choose to worship lords beside Him (say): We worship them only that they may bring us near unto Allah. Lo! Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Lo! Allah guides not him who is a liar, an ingrate.

This means that belief in Allah and His messenger would make you a Muslim, but not necessarily give you a ticket into Paradise.

Allah says:

The desert Arabs say, "We believe." Say, "You, have no Faith, but you (only) say, 'We have submitted our wills to Allah, 'for not yet has Faith entered your hearts. But if you obey Allah and His Messenger, He will not belittle aught of your deeds: for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Having established the difference between "Islam" (submission) and "Emaan" (faith) the only thing we can do is judge ourselves by the guidelines put forth by the All Mighty as prerequisites for His mercy.

They are:

1. Belief in Him as the only God (this includes belief in his divine attributes such as absolute justice, since almost everyone believes in 'some sort of' god),

2. Belief in His Messengers (including full submission to the religion of Prophet Mohammad),

3. Belief in the Hereafter and the day of reckoning when we will be held accountable for our earthly actions and beliefs.

If you, thus, follow the Prophet, but refuse to accept his vicegerency (as referred to in thousands of Prophetic narrations, the discussion of which is beyond this short reply), you would, in effect, have rejected his word. His word which is "no less than revelation sent down to him" [53:4]

The famous Sunni narrator Al Hafidh Abu Na'eem has reported in his book Hulyatol Awlyaa' that the Prophet said:

من سرّه أن يحيى حياتي ويموت مماتي ويسكن جنة عدن غرسها ربي، فليوالِ عليّاً من بعدي وليوالِ وليّه وليقتد بالأئمة من بعدي فإنهم عترتي، خُلقوا من طينتي، رزقوا فهماً وعِلماً، وويل للمكذّبين بفضـلهـم من أمتي، القاطعين فيهم صلتي، لا أنالهم الله شفاعتي.

أخرجه الحافظ أبو نعيم
في حلية الأولياء ج1 ص80

"He who wishes to live like me and die like me, and to inhabit a garden of Eden [where] Allah has planted [trees], then he shall obey Ali after my departure, and obey his vicegerent and follow the Imams after me, for they are my kindred, and were created from my clay, they were granted my knowledge, and my understanding, and woe unto those who belie [them] from among my community; [those who mistreat my household], may Allah not afford them my intercession.

The Prophet has also made it transparently clear his vicegerents are 12, all of whom are from Quraish and that "he who dies without knowing the Imam of his time, has, indeed, died a death of ignorance"

Therefore, without the love of Ahlulbayt, chances of one to enter paradise are very bleak, to say the very least.

Only Allah is All Knowing,

Wassalam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users