Rate this topic

Selam alaycom,

Most welcome. :) I have a program like that, with the duas, but it's only the Arabic text and English translation, it doesn't have audio.

qdua15.gif

15. Our Lord! Pour out on us patience and constancy, and make us die as those who have surrendered themselves unto You. (7:126)

rabbanaa afrigh a’laynaa s’abraw wa tawaffanaa muslimeen

To hear dua #15

If hardship, poverty and discomfort come into your life, you, as a faithful servant of Allah must recite this dua’a to have patience and self-control to remain firm on the right path and face misfortunes boldly, without ever showing any weakness, or taking any action that has been prohibited, so that you may leave this world as a true muslim, submitting to the will of Allah. A group of master magicians, on the invitation of Pharaoh, came to show their superiority over Musa because Pharaoh wrongly thought that Musa was also a magician. The magicians threw a few ropes on the floor and they took the shape of snakes. Moosa put the staff, he was holding in his hand on the ground. The staff changed into a python and swallowed up the snakes. Pharaoh got angry and threatened to kill them. When the magicians came to know that Musa was not a magician but a prophet of Allah, and what they saw was a miracle of Allah, they laughed at Pharaoh and recited this dua’a.

Peace,

Um Ali

Selam alaycom,

qdua16.gif

16. Our Lord! Make us not a trial for the evildoing folk, and save as by Your mercy from people who deny the truth (10:85-86)

rabbanna laa taj-a’lnaa fitnatal lil-qawmi-dhaalimeen wa najjinaa birah’matika minal qawmil kaafireen

To hear dua #16

When Musa observed that none from among his people, save a few, trusted him, because they were in fear of Pharaoh and his chiefs, he advised them to put trust in Allah if they had indeed surrendered unto Him, then they recited this dua’a.

We must also recite this dua’a daily to remain firm in our faith and to seek protection of Allah from the harm of our enemies.

Peace,

Um Ali

Edited by jlainqatar

Selam alaycom,

qdua21.gif

Our Lord! Make them enter the Garden of Eden which You have promised to them, and to the righteous from among their fathers, their wives and their offspring, for verily You are alone the Almighty and the truly Wise. (40:8)

To hear dua #21

Peace,

Um Ali

Selam alaycom,

qdua23.gif

23. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins as well as those of our brethren who proceeded us in faith and let not our hearts entertain any unworthy thoughts or feelings against [any of] those who have believed. Our Lord! You are indeed full of kindness and Most Merciful (59:10)

To hear dua #23

Peace,

Um Ali

Edited by jlainqatar

Selam alaycom,

Probably the most famous dua for the shia is Dua Kumail.

Prayer and supplication (du’a) are essential part of all religions. Islam commanded to pray five times a day, in a prescribed order, seems austere to many that have not come to know this blessing. Besides these prescribed obligatory prayers, there are many additional du’as for every occasion that are recommended for Muslims to observe. Imam Zain al- Abidin (a.s.), the surviving son of Imam Hussein (a.s.) spent the entire time of his Imamate recording supplications which have been compiled in a book called, “As- Sahifat Us- Sajjadiyya”, and the du’a of Imam Hussein (a.s.) for the Day of Arafah is very famous for its sublime words and the inspiration they motivate.

Du’a “Kumail”, is from Imam Ali bin Abi Talib (a.s.) and which is recited on every Thursday evening in many of the Islamic countries. The importance of the content of this du’a is such that when Imam Ali (a.s.) presented to one of his followers who was called Kumail bin Ziyad, he told him to recite it at least once in his lifetime if he was unable to recite it more than that.

The message of Du’a Kumail is so deep and intense that one can hardly recite it remaining dry-eyed. It speaks of the glory and majesty of Allah, the Most High, of His mercy and kindness, of His retribution and punishment, and of man’s need for Him and thankfulness for His Being.

We have long realized a need to re-edit this wonderful prayer. We have attempted to present Du’a Kumail in a way that can be easily recited in English and its meaning can become clear. A transliteration is also included so that one may be able to recite this du’a in Arabic. It is a universal prayer. We are pleased to present it and hope that all, Muslims and non-Muslims, will partake of its heartfelt message.

With Allah comes success.

INTRODUCTION

Kumail bin Ziyad Nakha’i was a faithfull companion of Imam Ali, the Commander of the believers (a.s.) Kumail was well-known for his devotion and uncompromising allegiance to his Imam. His transmitted many of the important sayings and teachings of Imam Ali (a.s.). This famous du’a known as Du’a Kumail is one of the most important of those transmittals. Du’a Kumail was in response to Kumail’s request of Imam Ali (a.s.) for a prayer that would be the most useful for seeking assurance of Allah’s mercy.

This sublime Du'a was first heard from the beautiful, though anguished, voice of Imam Ali. According to Allama Majlisi (on whom be Allah's Mercy) Kumayl had attended an assembly in the Mosque at Basra which was addressed by Imam Ali in the course of which the night of the 15th of Shaban was mentioned. Imam Ali said-"Whosoever keeps awake in devoutness on this night and recites the Du'a of Prophet Khizr, undoubtedly that person's supplication will be responded to and granted. When the assembly at the Mosque had dispersed, Kumayl called at the house where Imam Ali was staying, and requested him to acquaint him with Prophet Khizr's "Du'a". Imam Ali asked Kumayl to sit down, record and memorise the "Du'a" which Imam Ali dictated to Kumayl.

The instructions delivered with this du’a emphasize that it should be recited as frequently as possible, but at least once in a lifetime. Faithful Muslims enjoy a weekly recitation of this du’a, usually on the evening of al-Khamis (Thursday) after Isha’ prayer.

Almighty Allah, the Gracious never treats a du’a indifferently which comes from one’s heart. Thus when you offer your du’a, do it with undivided attention to Allah, and have an implicit faith that your wishes will be granted by Him.

One of the blessings of Du’a Kumail is that by offering it, one’s personal needs are satisfied, prospects of livelihood are brightened, protection from one’s enemy’s evil intention is ensured and sins are pardoned. Thus, Muslims should offer this supplication regularly.

Imam Ali (a.s.) Foundation has taken upon itself to republish this du’a hoping that it will act as guidance and comfort to all who contemplate its deep and beautiful concepts.

To hear Dua Kumail: Abdul Rasool Husseini

Dua Kumail - My Favorite, by Walid Al Mazeedi

Dua Kumail - Iraqi accent

Dua Kumail - Farsi accent

بِسمِ اللهِ الرّحمنِ الرَّحيمِ

(Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim)

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the merciful.

اللّهُمّّ إنِّي أسألك بِرَحمَتِكَ الّتي وَسِعَتْ كُلَّ شَيءٍ

(Allahomma inni as’aloka birahmatikal-lati wasi’at kolla shay’,)

O Allah! I beseech you; by Mercy, which embraces all things;

وَبِقُوَّتِكَ الَّتي قَهَرتَ بِها كُلَّ شيءٍ وخَضَعَ لَها كُلُّ شيءٍ وَذّلَّ لَها كُلُّ شيءٍ

(Wa biqowatikal-lati qaharta biha kolla shay’ wa khada’a laha kollo shay’, wa dhalla laha kollo shay’,)

And by Your Strength, through which you have overcome all things, submitted all things, and humbled all things to it;

وَبِجَبَروتِكَ الَّتي غَلَبتَ بِها كُلَّ شيءٍ

(Wa bijabaroutikal-lati ghalabta biha kolla shay’,)

And bay Your Invincibility, through which you have conquered all things;

وَبِعزَّتِكَ الَّتي لا يَقُومُ لَها شيءٍ

(Wa bi-izzatikal-lati la yaqomo laha shay’,)

And by Your Might, which nothing can resist;

وَبِعَظَمَتِكَ الّتي مَلأتْ كُلَّ شيءٍ

(Wa bi-adamatikal-lati mala’at kolla shay’,)

And by Your Greatness, which has filled all things,

وَبِسُلطانِكَ الّذي عَلا كُلَّ شيءٍ

(Wa bi-soltanikal-ladhi ‘ala kolla shay’,)

And by your Authority, which towered over all things,

وَبِوَجهِكَ الباقي بَعدَ فَناءِ كُلِّ شيءٍ

(Wa bi-wajhikal-baqi ba’ada fana’i kolli shay’,)

And by Your Self, which is abiding after all things are annihilated;

وَبِأسمائِكَ الَّتي مَلأَتْ أركانَ كُلِّ شيءٍ

(Wa bi-asma’ikal-lati mala’at arkana kolli shay’,)

And by Your Distinctions, which have occupied the beings of all things;

وَبِعِلمِكَ الَّذي أحاطَ بِكُلِّ شيءٍ

(Wa bi’ilmikal-ladhi ahata bikolli shay’,)

And by Your Cognition, which encompasses all things;

وَبِنُورِ وَجهِكَ الَّذي أضاءَ لَهُ كُلُّ شَيءٍ

(Wa binuri wajhikal-ladhi ada’a laho kollo shay’,)

And by the Light of Your Face, by which all things are illuminated.

يا نُورُ يا قُدُّس يا أوَّلَ الأوَّلينَ ويا آخِرَ الآخَرينَ

(Ya nuru ya qoddus ya awwalal-awwalin wa ya akhiral-akhirin,)

O Light! O All-Holy! O First of those who are the first and Last of those who are the last!

اللّهُمَّ اغْفِر لِيَ الذُّنُوبَ الّتي تَهتِكُ العِصَمَ

(Allahomma ighfir li-yal dhonoubal-lati tahtikol 'isam,)

O Allah! Forgive me those sins, which destroy the in fallibilities.

اللّهُمَّ اغْفِر لِيَ الذُّنوبَ الّتي تُنزِلُ النِّقَمَ

(Allahomma ighfir li-yal dhonoubal-lati tonzilol niqam,)

O Allah! Forgive me those guilts, which bring down retributions.

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِر لِيَ الذُّنوبَ الَّتي تُغَيِّرُ النِّعَمَ

(Allahomma ighfir li-yel dhonoubul-llati toghayyrun Ni'am,)

O Allah! Forgive me those guilts, which restrain graces.

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِر لِيَ الذُّنوبَ الَّتي تَحبِسُ الدُّعاءَ

(Allahomma ighfir li-yal dhonoubal-lati tahbisul du'a,)

O Allah! Forgive me those guilts, which restrain supplication.

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِر لِيَ الذُّنوبَ الَّتي تُنزِلُ البَلاءَ

(Allahomma ighfir li-yal dhonoubal-lati tonzilul bala',)

O Allah! Forgive me those guilts, which bring the woes.

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِر لِيَ الذُّنوبَ الَّتي تَقطَعُ الرَّجاءَ

(Allahomma ighfir li-yal dhonoubal-lati taqtaorraja',)

O Allah! Forgive me those sins, which lessen the hope.

اللَّهُمَّ اغْفِر لِيَ كُلَّ ذَنْبٍ أذْنَبتُهُ وَكُلَّ خَطيئَةٍ أخْطَأتُها

(Allahomma ighfir li-yal kolla dhanbi adhnabtoho wa kolla khati'ati akht'atoha,)

O Allah! Forgive me every guilt I have committed and every error I have made.

اللَّهُمَّ إنَّي أَتَقَرَّبُ إلَيكَ بِذِكرِكَ وَأسْتَشْفِعُ بِكَ إلى نَفْسِكَ

(Allahomma inni ataqarrabo ilayka bidhikrika wa astashfi'o bika ila nafsik,)

O Allah! I approach You, through remembrance of You; and I seek intercession from You with Yourself;

وَأسْألُكَ بِجودِكَ أنْ تُدْنِيَني مِنْ قُربِكَ وَأنْ تُوزِعَني شُكْرَكَ وَأنْ تُلْهِمَني ذِكْرَكَ

(wa as'aloka bijoudika an tudniyani min qorbika wa an touzi'ani shukraka wa an tulhimani dhikrak,)

I beg You through Your Munificence, to bring me nearer to Your Proximity; and provide me with gratitude to You; and inspire me with Your Remembrance.

اللَّهُمَّ إنِّي أسْألُكَ سُؤالَ خاضِعٍ مُتَذَلِلٍ خاشِعٍ أن تُسامِحَني وَتَرحَمَني

(Allahomma inni as'aloka su'ala khad'i motadhallili khashi'i an tusamihani wa tarhamani,)

O Allah! Surely I beg You with the pleading of a submissive, humble and lowly man to show me forbearance and have apity on me;

وَتَجْعَلَني بِقِسْمِكَ راضِياً قانِعاً وفي جَميعِ الأحْوالِ مُتَواضِعاً

(Wa taj'alani biqasamika radi-qani'an wjam''l motawadi'an,)

To make me pleased and content with what You apportion me; and make me modest in all positions.

اللَّهُمَّ وَأسألُكَ سُؤالَ مَنْ اشْتَدَّت فاقَتهُُ

(Allahomma wa as'aloka so'ala man ish-taddat faqatoh,)

O Allah! I beg You with the pleading of one whose pauperism is aggravated;

وَأنْزَلَ بِكَ عِنْدَ الشَدائِدِ حاجَتَهُ وَعَظُمَ في ما عِنْدَكَ رَغْبَتُهُ

(Wa anzala bika'inda shada'id hajataho wa'adoma fima 'indaka raghbatoho,)

And who has stated at You, in difficulties, his need; and whose desire for what have with you became great.

اللَّهُمَّ عَظُمَ سُلطانُكَ وَعَلا مَكانُكَ وَخَفِيَ مَكْرُكَ وَظَهَرَ أمرُكَ

(Allahomma 'adoma soltanok wa 'ala makanok wa khafiya makrok wa dahara 'amrok,)

O Allah! Your Kingdom is magnificent, High is Your place; and Your Contrivance is hidden; and Your Command is over come;

وَغَلَبَ قَهْرُكَ وَجَرَتْ قُدْرَتُكَ وَلا يُمْكِنُ الفِرارُ مِنْ حُكُومَتِكَ

(Wa ghalaba qahrok wa jarat qotratak wa la yomkinol firaro min hokoumatika,)

Your Dominance is overwhelming and Your Power is overriding, so it is impossible to escape from Your Authority.

اللَّهُمَّ لا أجِدُ لِذُنُوبي غافِراً ولا لِقَبائِحي ساتِراً ولا لِشيءٍ مِنْ عَمَلِيَ القَبيحِ بالحَسَنِ مُبَدِّلاً غَيْرُكَ

(Allahomma la 'ajido lidhonoubi ghafiran wala liqaba'ihi satiran wala lishay'in min 'amaliyal qabih bilhasani mobaddilan ghayrak,)

O Lord! I find no forgiver of my guilts; and no concealer for my abominations; and no changer for any of my evil doings into good deeds except You.

لا إلهَ إلاّ أنْتَ سُبْحانَكَ وَبِحَمدِكَ ظَلَمْتُ نَفْسي وَتَجَرَّأتُ بِجَهلي

(La ilaha illa anta sobhanaka wa bihamdika dalamto nafsi wa tajarr'ato bijahli,)

There is no god but You! Glory to You, and in Your Prais! I have wronged myself; and I hazard in my ignorance;

وَسَكَنْتُ إلى قَدِيمِ ذِكرِكَ لِي وَمَنِّكَ عَلَيَّ

(Wa sakanto ila qadimi dhikrika li wa mannika 'alayya,)

And I have relied on Your constant remembrance of me and Your grace towards me.

اللَّهُمَّ مَوْلايَ كَمْ مِن قَبيحٍ سَتَرتَهُ وَكَمْ مِنْ فادِحٍ مِنَ البَلاءِ أقَلْتَهُ

(Allahomma mowlay kam min qabihi satartah w kam min fadihi minal bala'i aqaltah,)

O Allah! My Lord! How many unpleasant things You have concealed! and How many tribulations You have warded off!

وَكَمْ مِنْ عِثارٍ وَقَيْتَهُ وَكَم مِنْ مَكْروهٍ دَفَعْتَهُ

(Wakam min 'itharin waqaytah wakam min makrohin dafa'tah,)

How many stumbling blocks You have removed! and how many inconveniences You have staved it of!

وَكَم مِن ثَناءٍ جَميلٍ لَسْتُ أهْلاً لَهُ نَشَرتَهُ

(Wakam min thana'in jamilin lasto ahlan laho nashartah,)

And how many beautiful commendation for which I was unworthy, You have extended!

اللَّهُمَّ عَظُمَ بَلائي وَأفْرَطَ بي سُوءُ حالي وَقَصُرت بِي أعْمالي

(Allahomma 'adoma bala'i wa afrata bi sou'hali wa qasorat bi 'a'mali,)

O Allah! My tribulations are tremendous; and my badnees state is excessive; and my good deeds are inadequate;

وَقَعَدَتْ بي أغْلالِي وَحَبَسني عَن نَفْعي بُعْدُ آمالِي

(Wa qa'adat bi aghlali wa habasani 'an nafi b'odo amali,)

My impediments have tied me down; and my expectationes farness has held me from my welfare;

وَخَدَعَتْني الدٌُّنيا بِغُرورِها وِنَفْسي بِخِيانَتِها وَمِطَالِي

(Wa khada'atni ad donya bighorouriha wanafsi bikhyanatiha wa mitali,)

And the present life with its delusions; and my own soul with its temptations; and my delaying have mislead me.

يا سيِّدي فَأسألُكَ بِعِزَّتِكَ أن لا يَحجُبَ عَنْكَ دُعائِي سُوءُ عَمَلي وَفَعالِي

(Ya Sayydi fa as'aloka bi'izaatika an la yahjoba 'anka du'a'i sou' 'amali wa fi'ali,)

my Master! So I ask You, by Your Majesty, do not let my evil deeds and acts veil my supplication of You;

وَلا تَفْضَحني بَخَفِيِّ ما اطَّلَعْتَ عَلَيهِ مِن سِرِّي

(Wala tafdahni bikhafiyi mat tal'ata 'alaihi min sirri,)

Do not disclose me through the hidden things You know of my secrets;

ولا تُعاجِلْني بالعُقُوبَةِ على ما عَمِلتُهُ في خَلَواتي مِن سُوءِ فِعْلِي وإساءتي ودَوامِ تَفْريطِي وَجَهالَتي وَكَثْرةِ شَهَواتي وَغَفْلَتي

(Wala to'ajilni bil 'oqoubati 'ala ma 'amiltoho fi khalawati, min sou' f'ili wa isa'ati wadawam tafriti wajahalati wakathrat shahawati wa ghaflati,)

And do not hasten me by punishment for what I have done through my in privates; of my evil act, my misdeed, my continuous failing, my ignorance, and my excessive appetencies and negligence.

وَكُنِ اللَّهُمَّ بِعِزَّتِكَ لِي في الأحْوالِ كُلِّها رَؤوفاً وَعَلَيَّ في جَميعِ الأمُورِ عَطُوفاً

(Wa koni allahommah i'izzatika li fil ahwali koliha ra'ofan wa 'alayya fi jami'il omouri 'atoufa,)

And by Your Majesty, O Allah! be Kind to me in all circumstances; and be Compassionate to me through all matters.

إلهي وَرَبِّي مَنْ لِي غَيْرُكَ أسْألُهُ كَشفَ ضُرِّي وَالنَّظَرَ في أمْري

(Ilahi warabbi man li ghayroka as'aloho kashfa dorri wannadara fi amri,)

My Allah and my Lord! Who is the other than you I have to seek to dispelling my woe and deciding in my affairs?

إلهي وَمَولايَ أجْرَيتَ عَلَيَّ حُكْماً اتَّبَعْتَ فيه هَوى نَفْسي

(Ilahi wa mawlaya ajrata 'alayya hokman ittab'ato fihi hawa nafsi,)

My Allah and my Lord! You put into effect, through me, a decree in which I followed the low desires of my own instincts;

وَلَمْ أحْتَرِس فِيهِ مِنْ تَزيينِ عَدُّي فَغَرَّني بِما أهْوى وَأسْعَدَهُ على ذلِكَ القَضاءُ

(Walam ahtaris fihi min tazyini 'adowi fagharrani bima ahwa wa as'adaho ala dhalikal qada',)

And I did not gurad of my enemies enticements in it who deluded me through my base desires and therein destiny succeeded.

فَتَجاوَزْتُ بِما جَرى عَلَيَّ مِن ذلِكَ بَعْضَ حُدودِكَ وَخالَفْتُ بَعْضَ أوامِرِكَ

(Fatajawaztu bima jara 'alayya min dhalika b'ada hodoudika wa khalafto b'ada awamirik,)

So because of that I transgressed some of the limits You set for me and I broke some of Your orders.

فَلَكَ الحَمْدُ عَلَيَّ في جَميعِ ذلِكَ وَلا حُجَّةَ لي في ما جَرى عَلَيَّ فِيهِ قَضاؤُكَ وَألْزَمَني حُكْمُكَ وَبَلاؤُكَ

(Falakal hamdo 'alayya jami' dhalika wala hodjata li fima jara 'alayya fihi qada'oka wa alzamani hokmoka wa bala'ok,)

Then the Paris is yours against me in all of that and I have no defence against what Your Destiny puts into effect for me; nor in what Your Judgement and Your Tribulation imposes upon me.

وَقَدْ أتَيْتُكَ يا إلهي بَعْدَ تَقْصيري وَإسْرافِي على نَفْسي مُعْتَذِراً نادِماً مُنْكَسِراً مُسْتَقيلاً مُسْتَغْفِراً مُنيباً مُقِرَّاً مُذْعِناً مُعتَرِفاً

(Wa qad ataytoka ya ilahi b'ada taqsiri wa israfi 'ala nafsi m'otadhiran nadiman monkasiran mostaqilan mostaghfiran moniban moqirran, modh'inan m'otarifa,)

And I already returned to You, O Allah, after my dereliction and my excesses of my self, in apologetical, regretful, broken-hearted, resigning, asking forgiveness, repenting, recognising, obedient and confessing position.

لا أجدُ مَفَرَّاً مِمّا كانَ مِنَّي ولا مَفْزَعاً أتَوَجَّهُ إلَيهِ في أمْري غَيْرَ قُبُولِكَ عُذْري وإدْخالِكَ إيَّايَ في سَعَةِ مِنْ رَحْمَتِكَ

(La ajido mafarran mimma kana mini wala mafza'an atawajaho ilayhi fi amri ghayra qaboulika 'odhri wa idkhalika iyyaya fi sa'ati rahmatik,)

I don't find inescapable of what I have done and nor any shelter to which I may turn in my concerns other than Your Acceptance of my pretex and Your inclusing me into the scope of Your Mercy.

اللَّهُمَّ فَاقْبَلْ عُذْري وَارْحَمْ شِدَّةَ ضُرَّي وَفُكَّني مِنْ شَدَّ وَثاقِي

(Allahomma faqbal 'odhri warham shiddata dorri wa fokkani min shaddi wathaqi,)

O Allah! Accept my pretense; and have mercy upon my woe intension; and release me from my bond.

يا رَبِّ ارْحَمْ ضَعْفَ بَدَني وَرِقَّةَ جِلْدِي وَدِقَّةَ عَظْمِي

(Ya rabbi irrham d'afa badani w riqqata jildi wa diqqata 'admi,)

My Lord! Have mercy upon the weakness of my body; and the delicacy of my skin; and the tenuity of my bones.

يا مَنْ بَدَءَ خَلْقِي وَذِكْرِي وَتَرْبِيَتي وَبِرِّي وَتَغْذِيَتي

(Ya man bada'a khalqi wadhikri wa tarbiyati wa birri wa taghdhiyati,)

O! Who originated my creation; my remembering, my nurture; my charity; and my sustaining;

هَبْني لإِبْتِداءِ كَرَمِكَ وَسالِفِ بِرِّكَ بِي

(Habni libtida'i karamika wa salifi birrika bi,)

Bestow upon the continuum of Your Benevolence and Your previous goodness to me for the sake of Your creating me!

يا إلهي وَسَيِّدي وَرَبِّي أتُراكَ مَعَذِّبي بِنارِكَ بَعْدّ تَوْحيدِكَ

(ilahi wa sayydi wa rabbi atoraka mo'adhibi binarika b'ada tawhidik,)

O May Allah! My Master and my Lord! Will You tormented me in Your hell after my monotheism of you?

وَبَعدَ ما انْطَوى عَلَيهِ قَلْبي مِنْ مَعْرِفَتِكَ وَلَهِجَ بِهِ لِسانِي مِنْ ذِكْرِكَ

(Wa b'ada mantawa 'alayhi qalbi min ma'rifatika wa lahija bihi lisani min dhikrik,)

And after what has my heart implied the knowledge of You; and what has my tongue constantly mentioned the remembrance of You;

وَاعْتَقَدَهُ ضَميرِي مِنْ حُبِّكَ وَبَعدَ صِدْقِ اعْتِرافِي وَدُعائِي خاضِعاً لِرُبُوبِيَّتِكَ

(Wa 'taqadaho damiri min hobbika wa b'ada sidqi 'itirafi wa du'a'i khadi'an liroboubiyatik,)

And what my conscience has hold of Your Love; and after my sincere confession and my supplicating You find me humble before Your Lordship?

هَيْهات أنْتَ أكْرَمُ مِنْ أنْ تُضَيِّعَ مَنْ رَبَّيْتَهُ أو تُبْعِدَ مَنْ أدْنَيْتَهُ

(Hayhat anta akramo min an todayy’a man rabbayta aw toba’da man adnaytah,)

How far from You! You are more generous than that You should waste one whom You have nurtured; or banish one whom You have approximated;

أو تُشَرِّدَ مَنْ آوَيْتَهُ أو تُسَلِّمَ إلى البَلاءِ مَنْ كَفَيْتَهُ وَرَحِمْتَهُ

(Aw tosharrida man awayta aw tosallima ilal bala’ man kafaytah wa rahimtah,)

Or drive away one whom You have harboured; or submit to afflictions one whom You have protected and shown mercy.

وَلَيْتَ شِعْري يا سَيِّدي وإلهي ومَوْلايَ أتُسَلِّطُ النارَ على وُجُوهٍ خَرَّتْ لِعَظَمَتِكَ ساجِدَةً

(Wa layta sh’iri ya sayydi wa ilahi wa mawlay atusallito nara ‘ala woujouhin kharrat li’adamatika sajidah,)

O, My Master, My Allah My Lord! If I only knew whether You will give the Fire domination over the faces which have submissively bowed in prostration against Your Greatness.

وعلى ألْسُنٍ نَطَقَتْ بِتَوحِيدِكَ صادِقَةً وبِشُكْرِكَ مادِحَةً

(Wa ‘ala alsonin nataqat bitawhidika sadiqah wa bishokrika madiha,)

Or upon the tongues which have sincerely confirmed Your monotheism and with thanks to You in praise;

وعلى قُلُوبٍ اعْتَرَفَتْ بإلهِيَّتِكَ مُحَقِّقَةً

(Wa ‘ala qoloubin ‘itarafat bi ilahi-yatika mohaqqiqah,)

And upon the hearts which have acknowledged Your Divinity with conviction;

وعلى ضَمائِرَ حَوَتْ مِنَ العِلْمِ بكَ حَتّى صارَتْ خاشِعَةً

(Wa ‘ala dama’ira hawat minal ‘ilmi bika hatta sarat khashi’ah,)

And upon the minds which have gathered such knowledge of You until they have become godly;

وعلى جَوارِحَ سَعَتْ إلى أوطانِ تَعَبُّدِكَ طائِعَةً وَأشارَت بِاسْتِغْفارِكَ مُذْعِنَةً

(Wa ‘ala jawariha sa’at ila awtan ta’abbokida ta’i’ah wa asharat bistaghfarika modh’inah,)

And upon the obedient limbs which endeavoured to the places of Your worship and entreat Your Forgiveness submissively.

ما هكَذا الظُنُّ بِكَ ولا أُخْبِرْنا بِفَضْلِكَ عَنْكَ يا كَريمُ

(Ma hakadha danno bika wala okhbirna bifadlika ‘anka ya karim,)

Thus is not expected from You, nor we has such been recorded -thanks to Your Bounty- concerning You, O All- Generous!

يا رَبِّ وأنْتَ تَعْلَمُ ضَعْفي عَن قَليلٍ مِن بَلاءِ الدُّنْيا وَعُقُوباتِها

(Ya rabbi wa anta t’alam d’afi an qalili min bala’i donya wa ‘oqoubatiha,)

O my Lord! So You know my weakness in standing up to a little of this world’s affliction and it’s consequences;

وما يَجْري فيها مِنَ المَكارِهِ على أهْلِها

(Wama yajri fiha minal makarihi ‘ala ahliha,)

And what would happen of the difficulties up on it’s dwellers;

على أنَّ ذلِكَ بَلاءٌ وَمَكرُوهٌ قَليلٌ مَكْثُهُ يَسيرٌ بَقاؤُهُ قَصيرٌ مُدَّتُهُ

(Ala anna dhalika bala’o wa makrouho qalilon makthoho yasiron, baqa’oh, qasiron moddatoh,)

However it is an affliction and ordeal whose stay is momentary, -ransient and short- lived.

فَكَيفَ احتِمالِي لِبَلاءِ الآخِرَةِ وَجَليلِ وُقُوعِ المَكارِهِ فيها

(Fakayfa ihtimali libala'il akhirati wa jalili wouqou'il makarih fiha,)

So how can I endure the hereafters affliction and the great ordeals that occur within it?

وَهُوَ بَلاءٌ تَطُولُ مُدَّتُهُ وَيَدومُ مَقامُهُ وَلا يُخَفَّفُ عَن أهلِهِ

(Wahwa bala'o tatol moddatoh wa yadoum maqamoh wala yokhaffaf an ahlihi,)

Also it is an affliction whose period is prolonged; whose station lasts and which shall never be alleviated for off its deservings;

لأنَّهُ لا يَكُونُ إلاّ عَنْ غَضَبِكَ وَانْتِقامِكَ وَسَخَطِكَ وهذا ما لا تَقُومُ لَهُ السَمواتُ والأرضُ

(Li-annaho la yakounu illa ghadabika wa intiqamika wa sakhatika; wahadha mala taqoumo lahol samawato wal ard,)

Since it is only in fact as a result of Your Wrath, Vengeance and Anger, which cannot be withstood by the heavens and the earth.

يا سَيِّدي فَكَيفَ بِي وأنا عَبْدُكَ الضَّعيفُ الذَّليلُ الحَقيرُ المِسكِينُ المُستَكينُ

(Ya sayydi fakayfa bi wa ana 'abdukal da-'ifol dhalilol haqirol miskinol mostakin,)

O My Master! So what about me? For I am Your weak, lowly, base, wretched and miserable servant.

يا إلهي وَرَبِّي وسَيِّدي وَمَولايَ لأيِّ الأمُورِ إلَيْكَ أشْكُو ولِما مِنْها أضِجُّ وَأبْكي

(Ya ilahi wa rabbi wa sayydi wa mawlaya li-'ayyil 'omouri ilayka ashka ashko wa lima minha adijjo wa abki,)

O My Allah! My Master! My Lord! Which matters shall I plead to You? For which of them shall I lament and weep?

لألِيمِ العَذابِ وشِدَّتِهِ أمْ لِطُولِ البَلاءِ ومُدَّتِهِ

(La alimil 'adhabi wa shiddatih, am litoulil bala'i wa moddatih,)

For the agony of punishment and their severity? Or for the severity of affliction and its duration?

فَلَئِنْ صَيَّرتَني لِلْعُقوباتِ مَعَ أعْدائِكِ وَجَمَعْتَ بَينِي وَبَينَ أهْلِ بَلائِكِ

(Fala'i sayyartani lil-'oqoubati ma'a 'ada'ika wa jama'ta bayni wabayna ahli bala'ik,)

Therefore if You subjected me to the punishments with Your enemies; and gathered me with the people of Your Afflictions;

وَفَرَّقْتَ بَيْني وَبَينَ أحِبَّائِكَ وأوْلِيائِكِ

(Wa farraqta bayni wabayna ahibba'ika wa awli-ya-'ik,)

And separated me from Your favourites and Your devouts;

فَهَبْني يا إلهي وسَيِّدي وَمَولاي وَرَبِّي صَبَرتُ علي عَذابِكَ فَكَيفَ أصْبِرُ علي فِراقِكَ

(Fahabni ya ilahi a sayydi wa mawlaya wa rabbi sabarto 'ala 'adhabika' fakayfa asbiro 'ala firaqik,)

Then suppose, my Allah, my Master, my Protector and my Lord, that I can patiently endure Your Chastisement; so how can I endure the separation from You?

وَهَبْني صَبَرْتُ علي حَرِّ نارِكَ فَكَيفَ أصْبِرُ عَنِ النَّظَرِ إلى كَرامَتِكَ

(Wahabni sabarto 'ala harri narika fakayfa asbiro ani nadari ila karamatik,)

And suppose that I can patiently against the heat of Your hill, and how can I wait with out looking to Your Generosity?

أمْ كَيفَ أسْكُنُ في النّارِ وَرَجائِي عَفْوُكَ

(Am kayfa askono fin nari, wa raja'i afwik,)

Or how can I inhabit in the Fire while my hope is Your forgiveness?

فَبِعزَّتِكَ يا سَيَّدي وَمَولاي أقْسِمُ صادِقاً لَئِنْ تَرَكْتَني ناطِقاً لأضِجَّنَ إلَيكَ بَينَ أهْلِها ضَجيجَ الآمِلِينَ

(Fabi-'izzatika ya sayydi wa mawlaya, 'oqsimo sadiqan, La'in taraktani natiqan la'adijjanna ilayka bayna ahliha dajijal amilin,)

So by Your Might, my Master and my Protector, I swear candidly, if You leave me articulately; I will roar before You, among the inmates of the Fire, with the lamentation of the hopeful;

ولأصْرُخَنَّ إلَيكَ صُراخَ المُسْتَصْرِخينَ ولأبْكِيَنَّ عَلَيْكَ بُكاءَ الفاقِدِينَ

(Wala asrokhanna ilayka sorakhal mostasrikhina wala 'abkiyanna 'alayka boka'al faqidin,)

I will cry to You with the callers crying for help; and I will weep before You with the weeping of the bereft;

ولاُنادِيَنَّكَ أيْنَ كُنْتَ يا وَلِيَّ المُؤْمِنِينَ

(Wala 'onadi-yannaka ayna konta ya waliyyal m'ominin,)

I will call upon You: Where were You? O supporter of the believers!

يا غَايَةَ آمالِ العارِفِينَ يا غِياثَ المُسْتَغيثينَ يا حَبيبَ قُلُوبَ الصَّادِقِينَ

(Ya ghayata aamali arifin ya ghiyathal mostaghithin ya habiba qoloubil sadiqin,)

O the knowings of you goal hopes, O the help needy reliever O the truthful's hearts endearing;

ويا إلهَ العالَمينَ أفَتُراكَ سُبْحانَكَ يا إلهي وَبِحَمدِكَ تَسْمَعُ فيها صَوْتَ عَبْدٍ سُجِنَ فيها بِمُخالَفَتِهِ

(Wa ilahal 'alamin afatoraka sobhanaka ya ilahi wa bihamdik, tasma'o fiha sawta 'abdin, moslimin sojina fiha bimokhala fatih,)

O the worlds' God! Can You see Yourself -Glory be to You, my Allah, and with praise to you- hearing the servant's voice within the fire who imprisoned in it because of his disobedience?

وذَاقَ طَعْمَ عَذابِها بِمَعْصِيَتِهِ وَحُبِسَ بَينَ أطْباقِها بِجُرمِهِ وجَريرَتِهِ

(Wa dhaqa t'ama 'adhabiha bim'asi-yatik wa hobisa bayna atbaqiha bijormihi wa jariratih,)

And he had tasted it's torment because of his in subordination? And blockaded in it's levels for his sin and crime?

وَهُوَ يَضِجُّ إلَيكَ ضَجيجَ مُؤمِّلٍ لِرَحْمَتِكَ

(Wahwa yadijjo ilayka dajija mo'ammilin lirahmatika,)

While he laments before You with the hopeful crier for Your Mercy?

ويُنادِيكَ بِلِسانِ أهْلِ تَوحِيدِكَ وَيَتَوَسَّلُ إلَيْكَ بِرُبُوبِيَّكَ

(Wa yonadika bilisani 'ahli tawhidika wa yatawassal ilayka birobobiyatik,)

Calling upon You with your monotheist's tongue? And entreating You by Your Lordship?

يا مَولاي فَكَيفَ يَبْقى في العَذابِ وَهُوَ يَرْجُو ما سَلَفَ مِنْ حِلْمِكَ (ورَأْفَتِكَ وَرَحْمَتِكَ)

(Ya mawla fakayfa yabqa fil 'adhbiyarjo ma salafa min hilmika "wa r'afatika wa rahmatik,")

O my Lord! How can he remain in torment, while he has hoped for which is antacid of Your Clemency, Compassion and Mercy?

أمْ كَيفَ تُؤْلِمُهُ النّارُ وَهُوَ يَأمَلُ فَظْلَكَ وَرَحْمَتَكَ

(Am kayfa t'olimohon naro wahwa y'amalo fadlaka wa rahmatak,)

Or how can the Fire cause him pain, while one hope for Your favor?

أمْ كَيفَ يُحْرِقُهُ لَهيبُها وأنْتَ تَسْمَعُ صَوْتَهُ وتَرى مَكانَهُ

(Am kayfa yohriqoho lahiboha wa anta tasma' sawtah watara makanah,)

Or how can it's flames burn him while You hear his voice and see his place?

أمْ كَيفَ يَشْتَمِلُ عَليهِ زَفيرُها وأنْتَ تَعْلَمُ ضَعْفَهُ

(Am kayfa yashtamilo 'alayhi zafiroha wa anta t'alamo d'afah,)

Or how can it's flame encompass him while You know his weakness?

أمْ كَيفَ يَتَقَلْقَلُ بَينَ أطْباقِها وأنْتَ تَعْلَمُ صِدْقَهُ

(Am kayfa yataqalqalo bayna atbaqiha wa anta t'alamo sidaqah,)

Or how can he be convulsed among its layers while You know his true heartedness?

أمْ كَيفَ تَزْجَرُهُ زَبانِيَتُها وهُوَ يُناديكَ يا رَبَّه

(Am kayfa tazjoroho zabani-yatoha wahwa yonadika ya rabbah,)

Or how can its keepers reproach him while he calls out to You, "O Lord!"

Edited by jlainqatar

أمْ كَيفَ يَرْجُوا فَضْلَكَ في عِتْقِهِ مِنْها فَتَتْرُكَهُ فيها

(Am kayfa yarjo fadlaka fi itqihi minha fatatrokaho fiha,)

Or how can he has hope for Your (grace in releasing him) from it [then you leave him in it]?

هَيْهاتَ ما ذلِكَ الظُّنُ بِكَ ولا المَعْروفُ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ

(Hayhat, ma dhalikal danno bika, walal m'aroufo min fadlik,)

How far from You! That isn't the expected from You, nor the well-known of Your Bounty;

ولا مَشْبِهٌ لِما عامَلْتَ بِهِ المُوَحِّدينَ مِنْ بِرِّكَ وإحْسانِكَ

(Wala moshbiho lima 'amalta bihil mowahhidina min birrika wa'ihsanik,)

And Nor is similer to what you deal withe the monotheists by your charity and philanthropy.

فبِاليَقينِ أقْطَعُ لَوْلا ما حَكَمْتَ بِهِ مِن تَعْذيبِ جاحِدِيكَ

(Fabil-yaqini 'aqta'o lawla ma hakamta bihi min t'adhibi jahidik,)

So I declare by certainty that had You not ordained chastisement for Your deniers;

وَقَضَيْتَ بِهِ مِنْ إخْلادِ مُعانِديكَ لَجَعَلْتَ النّارَ كُلَّها بَرْداً وَسَلاماً وَما كَانَ لأحَدٍ فِيها مَقَرَّاً وَلا مُقاماً

(Wa qadayta bih min 'ikhladi mo'anidika laja'altal nara kollaha bardan wa salaman, wama kana li'ahadin fiha maqarran wala moqama,)

And Had You not decreed Your inflexable people to remain in Hell; You would have made the Fire, in all its entirety, cool and safe; and there would never have been a position or place for anyone in it.

لكِنَّكَ تَقَدَّسَتْ أسْماؤُكَ أقْسَمْتَ أنْ تَمْلأها مِنَ الكافِرينَ

(Lakinnaka taqaddasa asma'oka aqsamta an tamla'aha minal kafirin,)

But Your Names be Sanctified! You have sworn to fill it with the atheists;

مِنَ الجِنَّةِ والنّاسِ أجْمَعينَ وأنْ تُخَلِّدَ فيها المُعانِدِينَ

(Minal jinnat wan nasi ajma'in wa an tokhallida fihal mo'anidin,)

From jinn and mankind together; and to place the inflexible people in it forever.

وأنْتَ جَلَّ ثَناؤُكَ قُلْتَ مَبْتَدِءاً وتَطَوَّلْتَ بالإنْعامِ مُتَكَرِّماً

(Wa anta jalla thana'oka qolta mobtadi'an watatawlta bilin'am motakarrima,)

And You! Your Eulogy be Exalted' had said originally, out of Your Grace, Beneficence and Generosity,

أفَمَنْ كَانَ مُؤْمِناً كَمَنْ كَانَ فاسِقاً لا يَسْتَوونَ

(Afaman kana m'ominan kaman kan fasiqan la yastawon,)

"What? Is one who has been a believer like one who has been ungodly? They are not alike."

إلهي وَسَيِّدي فَأسْألُكَ بالقُدْرَةِ الَّتي قَدَّرْتَها

(Ilahi wa sayydi fa as'aloka bilqodratil lati qaddarataha,)

My Allah and my Master! I ask You by the power which You have determined,

وبالقَضِيَّةِ الَّتي حَتَمْتَها وَحَكَمْتَها وَغَلَبْتَ مَنْ عَلَيهِ أجْرَيْتَها

(Wa bilqadiyatil lat hatamtaha wa hakamtaha wa ghalabta man alayhi ajraytaha,)

And by the decree which You have imposed and prescribed, and through which You have subdued those toward whom You have imposed,

أنْ تَهَبَ لي في هذِهِ الليلة وفي هذه السّاعَةِ كُلَّ جُرْمٍ أجْرَمْتُهُ

(An tahiba li fi hadhihil layla fi hadhihi sa'a kolla jormi ajramtoh,)

That You forgive me in this night, and at this hour, every crime that I have done,

وكُلَّ ذَنْبٍ أذْنَبْتُهُ وَكُلَّ قَبِيحٍ أسْرَرتُهُ وَكُلَّ جَهْلٍ عَمِلْتُهُ كَتَمْتُهُ أو أعْلَنْتُهُ أخْفَيْتُهُ أو أظْهَرتُهُ

(Wa kolla dhanbin adhnabtoho wa kolla qabihin asrartoho wa kolla jahlin amiltoho katamtoho aw 'a'lantoh akhfaytoho aw adhhartoh,)

And every sin that I have committed, every abomination that I have concealed, every foolish thing that I have enacted; whether I have hidden it or declared it; whether I have concealed it or disclosed it;

وَكُلَّ سَيِّئَةٍ أمَرتَ بإثْباتِها الكِرامَ الكاتِبينَ الّذينَ وَكَّلْتَهُم بِحِفظِ ما يَكُونُ مِنّي

(Wa kolla sayyi'atin amarta bi ithbatihal kiramal katibin alladhina wakkaltahom bihifdi ma yakouno minni,)

And every fault which You have directed the Noble Writers to record; those whom You have appointed to watch every action of mine;

وَجَعَلْتَهُمْ شُهُوداً عَلَيَّ مَعَ جَوارِحي وَكُنْتَ أنْتَ الرَّقيبَ مِنْ وَرائِهِمْ والشّاهِدَ لِما خَفِيَ عَنْهُم وَبِرَحْمَتِكَ أخْفَيتَهُ وبِفَضْلِكَ سَتَرتَهُ

(Wa ja'altahom shohoudan 'alayya ma'a jawrihi wa konta antar raqiba 'alayya min wara'ihim wa sahida lima khafiya anhom wa birahmatika akhfaytaho wa bifadlika satartah,)

And whom You have made, along with my limbs, witnesses against me; and You are Yourself was the Watcher over me following them, and the Witness of what is hidden of them, but through Your Mercy You have concealed it and through Your Bounty You have veiled it.

وأنْ تُوَفِّرَ حَظِّي مِنْ كُلِّ خَيرٍ تُنْزِلُهُ أو إحْسانٍ تُفَضِّلُهُ

(Wa an towaffira haddi min kolli khayri tonziloh aw ihsanin tofaddiloh,)

And I ask You to bestow upon me an abundant share of all goodness You send down; or favor You prefer;

أو بِرٍ تَنْشُرُهُ أو رِزْقٍ تَبْسُطُهُ أو ذَنْبٍ تَغْفِرُهُ أو خَطأٍ تَسْتُرُهُ

(Aw birrin tanshoroh aw rizqin tabsotoho aw dhanbin taghfiroho aw khata'in tastoroh,)

Or benefits You spread out; or provisions You extend; or sins You forgive; or error You screen.

يا رَبِّ يا رَبِّ يا رَبِّ يا إلهي وسَيِّدي ومَوْلايَ

(Ya rabb' ya rabbi ya rabbi, ya ilahi wa sayydi wa mawlay,)

O' my Lord! My Lord! My Lord! O my Allah! My Master! My Protector!

ومَالِكَ رِقِّي يا مَنْ بِيَدِهِ ناصِيَتي

(Wa malika riqqi ya man bi-yadihi nasi-yati,)

And my bondage owner! O he who has my destiny!

يا عَليماً بِضُرِّي ومَسْكَنَتي يا خَبيراً بِفَقْري وَفاقَتي

(Ya 'aliman bidorri wa maskanati ya khabiran bifaqri wa faqati,)

O He Who knows my affliction and my wretchedness! O, He Who is my deprivation and indigence aware!

يا رَبِّ يا رَبِّ يا رَبِّ أسألُكَ بِحَقِّكَ وقُدْسِكَ وأعْظَمِ صِفاتِكَ وأسْمائِكَ

(Ya rabbi ya rabbi ya rab as'aloka bihaqqika wa qodsika wa 'a'dami sifatika wa asma'ik,)

O' my Lord! My Lord! My Lord! I beseech You by Your Truth, Your Holiness and the greatest of Your Attributes and Titles;

أنْ تَجْعَلَ أوْقاتِي في اللَّيلِ والنَّهارِ بِذِكْرِكَ مَعْمُورَةً وبِخِدْمَتِكَ مَوصُولَةً

(An taj'ala awqati fil-layli wa nahari bidhikrika ma'mourah wa bikhidmatika mawsoulah,)

To make my periods of time night and the day filled by Your Remembrance and to Your serices persistent;

وأعْمالِي عِنْدَكَ مَقْبُولَةً حَتّى تَكُونَ أعْمالِي وَأوْرادِي كُلُّها وِرْداً واحِداً

(Wa a'mali 'indaka maqboulah hatta takouna a'mal wa awradi kolloha wirdan wahida,)

And my actions are actYou, so that tand my offerings may all be a single litany;

وَحالِي في خِدْمَتِكَ سَرْمَدا

(Wa hali fi khidmatika sarmada,)

And may occupation with Your service everlasting.

يا سَيِّدي يا مَنْ عَلَيهِ مُعَوَّلي يا مَنْ شَكَوْتُ إليهِ أحْوالي

(Ya sayyidi ya man 'alayhi mo'awwali ya man ilayhi shakawto ahwali,)

O my Master! O, whom upon him is my dependence! O, He to Whom I protest to him about my situations;

يا رَبِّ يا رَبِّ يا رَبِّ قَوِّ على خِدْمَتِكَ جَوارِحي

(Ya rabbi ya rabbi ya rab; qawwi 'ala khidmatika jawarihi,)

O' my Lord! My Lord! My Lord! Strengthen my limbs for Your service.

واشْدُدْ على العَزيمَةِ جَوانِحِي

(Wa shdod 'ala 'azimati jawanihi,)

And fortify my bosom by determination;

وَهَبْ لِيَ الجِدَّ في خَشْيَتِكَ وَالدَّوامَ في الإتِّصالِ بِخِدْمَتِكَ

(Wahab li-yal jidda fi khash-yatika dafil ittisal bikhidmatik,)

And bestow me solemnity in my fear of You, and continuity in my being united to Your service;

حَتَّى أسْرَحَ إلَيكَ في مَيادينِ السَّابِقينَ

(Hatta asraha ilayka fi mayadinis sabiqin,)

So that I may move easily towards You in the battle fields of the victors;

وَأُسْرِعَ إلَيكَ في المُبادِرينَ وأشْتاقَ إلى قُرْبِكَ في المُشْتاقِينَ

(Wa 'osri'a ilayka fil mobadirina wa ashtaqa ila qorbika fil moshtaqin,)

And hurry to You among the under takers and I desire to your proximity through the yearning;

وأدْنُوَ مِنْكَ دُنُوَّ المُخْلِصينَ وَأخافَكَ مَخافَةَ المُوقِنِينَ وأجْتَمِعَ في جَوارِكَ مَعَ المُؤْمِنينَ

(Wa adnowa minka donowwa mokhlisin wa akhafaka makhafatal mouqinin, wa ajtami'a fi jiwarika ma'al m'ominin,)

And approach to You as the faithful's approach; and fear You with the believer's fear; an united with the faithfuls in Your closness.

اللَّهُمَّ وَمَنْ أرادَني بِسُوءٍ فأرِدْهُ وَمَنْ كادَنِي فَكِدْهُ

(Allahomma wa man aradani bisou-in fa aridhho, wa man kadani fakid ho,)

O Allah! Whoever desires me with the evil; desire him with it! And whoever deceives me; deceive him!

واجْعَلْني مِنْ أحْسَنِ عَبِيدِكَ نَصيباً عِنْدَكَ وأقْرَبِهِمْ مَنْزِلَةً مِنكَ وأخَصِّهِمْ زُلْفَةً لَدَيكَ

(Waj'alni min ahsani 'abidika nasiban 'indaka wa aqrabihim manzilatan minka, wa akhassihim zolfatan ladayk,)

And make me one of the best luck of Your servants at You; and the closest position of them to You; and the most special rank of them to You;

فإنَّهُ لا يُنالُ ذلِكَ إلاّ بِفَضلِكَ

(Fa innaho la yonalo dhalika illa bifadlik,)

For that cannot be attained except by Your Bounty.

وَجُدْ لِي بِجُودِكَ واعْطِف عَلَيَّ بِمَجْدِكَ واحْفَظني بِرَحْمَتِكَ

(Wajud li bijoudika, wa i'tif alayya bimajdika, wahfadni birahmatik,)

Grant me generously through Your Magnificence; and become passionate up on me; and protect me with Your Mercy!

واجْعَلْ لِسانِي بِذِكْرِكَ لَهِجاً وَقَلْبي بِحُبِّكَ مُتَيَّماً

(Waj-al lisani bidhikrika lahija, waqalbi bihubbika motayyama,)

And make my tongue mention continually with your Remembrance and my heart enthralled with Your love.

وَمُنَّ عَلَيَّ بِحُسْنِ إجابَتِكَ وأقِلْنِي عَثْرَتي واغْفِرْ لِي زَلَّتي

(Wa monna alayya bihosni ijabatika wa aqilni athrati waghfir li zallati,)

And be bestow up on me by answering me favorably, and nullify my transgressions and forgive my lapses.

فإنَّكَ قَضَيْتَ على عِبادِكَ بِعِبادَتِكَ وأمَرْتَهُمْ بِدُعائِكَ وَضَمِنْتَ لَهُمُ الإجابَةَ

(Fa-innaka qadayta 'ala 'ibadika bi-'ibadatika wa amartahom bidu'ai'ka, wa daminta lahomol ijabah,)

For surely, You have ordained Your worship for Your bondsmen; and ordered them to supplicate to You; and assured them of Your answer.

فَإلَيْكَ يا رَبِّ نَصَبْتُ وَجْهِي وَإلَيْكَ يا رَبِّ مَدَدْتُ يَدِي

(Fa-ilayka ya rabbi nasabto wajhi wa-ilayka ya rabbi madadto yadi,)

So towards You, my Lord, I have turned my face; and towards You, my Lord; I have stretched my hand out.

فَبِعِزَّتِكَ اسْتَجِبْ لي دُعائِي وبَلِّغْني مُناي

(Fabi-izzatika astajib li du'a'i wa ballighni munay,)

So by Your Might, respond to my supplication, and let me attain my wishes.

ولا تَقْطَعْ مِنْ فَضْلِكَ رَجائِي واكْفِنِي شَرَّ الجِنِّ والإنْسِ مِنْ أعْدائِي

(Wala taqta' min fadlika raja'i wakfini sharral jinni wal insi min a'da'i,)

And by Your Bounty do not frustrate my hope; and protect me from the evil of my enemies of the jinn and mankind!

يا سَريعَ الرِّضا إغْفِر لِمَنْ لا يَمْلِكُ إلاّ الدُّعاءَ فَإنَّكَ فَعَّالٌ لِمَا تَشاءُ

(Ya sari'ar rida ighfir liman la yamliko illa du'a fa-innaka fa'allon lima tasha,)

O He! Whose pleasure is quickly achieved! Forgive one who has nothing but invocation, for You do what You will.

يا مَنْ اسْمُهُ دَوَاءٌ وَذِكْرُهُ شِفاءٌ وطاعَتُهُ غِنَىً

(Ya man ismoho dawa' wa dhikruho shifa' wa ta'atoho ghinan,)

O He! Whose Name is a Cure; and Whose Remembrance is a recuperation; and Whose Obedience is a wealth!

ارْحَمْ مَنْ رَأسُ مَالِهِ الرَّجاءُ وَسِلاحُهُ البُكاءُ

(Irham man ra'so malihir raja' wa silahohol boka',)

Have mercy on one whose capital is only the hope, and whose instrument is the weeping.

يا سابِغَ النِّعَمِ يا دافِعَ النِّقَمِ يا نُورَ المُستَوحِشِينَ في الظُّلَمِ

(Ya sabighan ni'am ya dafi'an niqam ya noura mustawhishina fi dolam,)

O the blessings plentiful! O the adversities repellenter O the horrifieds light in the dimpnesses!

يا عَالِماً لا يُعَلَّمْ صَلِّ على مُحَمَّدٍ وآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ وافْعَلْ بِي ما أنْتَ أهْلُهُ

(Ya aliman la yo-'allamo salli ala Muhammadin wa'ala Muhammad waf'al bi ma anta ahloh,)

O Knower Who was never taught! Bless Muhammad and his descendants; and do with me what is worthy of You!

وَصَلَّى اللَّهُ على رَسُولِهِ والأئِمَّةِ المَيَامِينَ مِنْ آلِهِ وَسَلَّمَ تَسْليماً كَثيراً

(Wa sallal-laho ala rasoulihi wal a'immatil mayamina min alihi wasallam tasliman kathira.)

And God blessing up on his Messenger and the Holy Imams of his descendants and give them abundant peace!

Translation and translit from the Imam Ali Foundation, London.

Peace,

Um Ali

Edited by jlainqatar

Selam alaycom,

Dua Sabah, The Supplication of Dawn

The honorable Yahya ibn Qasim al Alawi relates: "I came into possession of a voluminous collection of duas in the handwriting of Amir ul Momineen Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) in the Kufi script, written on parchment and bearing the signature of Amir ul Momineen, and the date 11th, Dhul Hijjah, 25 AH."

A collection of Imam Ali's duas were also known to be in the possession of Imam Ali bin Musa Al Ridha (as): Yahya's statement is corroborated by Syed Ibrahim Qazwini in his book of prayers, from which it was copied by Muhammed Qutb uddin Husaini in his book "Saleh ul Momineen", (1130 AH).

This prayer is also inclouded in the 'Sahifa Alawiya" compiled by Shaikh Abdullah ibn Hajj Salh ibn Jum'ah, 1135 AH.

It is related in the book "Musbah" that the best time for reading this prayer is after the morning nafila prayer. Another tradition by Allama Majlisi states this dua is the 'taqeeb' of the morning prayer (follows it directly, finishes it off). Both traditions are sound.

The supplication of dawn is one of those soul-elevating prayers to the Almighty, which reflect the sublimity, piety, and high literary standard of Imam Ali's style and diction.

Dawn is the best time of prayer, repentance and invocation of the sustainer of the universe, when the doors of the heavens are opened and all creatures receive their sustenance from Him. It is a privilege of the Muslims to be commanded to stand up in all humility before their Maker everyday, at the first streak of dawn: to glorify their Lord and Master and to beg of Him not only material but also spiritual sustenance. So particular was Imam Ali (as) about prayers at dawn that on his death-bed he called upon the red glow of the morning to bear witness that never in his entire life had morning appeared in the sky to find him sleeping. May his followers try to emulate his radiant example.

To hear Dua Sabah recited by Walid Mazeedi

To hear and see Dua Sabah from Manar TV

To hear Dua Sabah by Sh. Baqir Maqdessi

Dua Sabah urdu lecture and reading by Maulana Sayed Mohamed Zaki Baqari

دعاء الصباح لامير المؤمنين عليه السلام

اللّهُمَّ يامَنْ دَلَعَ لِسانَ الصَّباحِ بِنُطْقِ تَبَلُّجهِ ، وَسَرَّحَ قِطَعَ اللَّيْلِ المُظْلِمِ بِغَياهِبِ تَلَجْلُجِهِ ، وَأَتْقَنَ صُنْعَ الفَلَكِ الدَّوّارِ فِي مَقادِيرِ تَبَرُّجِهِ ، وَشَعْشَعَ ضِيأَ الشَّمْسِ بِنُورِ تَأَجُّجِهِ ، يامَنْ دَلَّ عَلى ذاتِهِ بِذاتِهِ ، وَتَنَزَّهَ عَنْ مُجانَسَةِ مَخْلُوقاتِهِ ، وَجَلَّ عَنْ مُلائَمَةِ كَيْفِيّاتِهِ . يامَنْ قَرُبَ مِنْ خَطَراتِ الظُّنُونِ ، وَبَعُدَ عَنْ لَحَظاتِ العُيُونِ ، وَعَلِمَ بِما كانَ قَبْلَ أَنْ يَكُونَ ، يامَنْ أَرْقَدَنِي فِي مِهادِ أَمْنِهِ وَأَمانِهِ ، وَأَيْقَضَنِي إِلى ما مَنَحَنِي بِهِ مِنْ مِنَنِهِ وَإِحْسانِهِ ، وَكَفَّ أَكُفَّ السُّؤِ عَنِّي بِيَدِهِ وَسُلْطانِهِ ، صَلِّ اللّهُمَّ عَلى الدَّلِيلِ إِلَيْكَ فِي اللَّيْلِ الاَلْيَلِ ، وَالماسِكِ مِنْ أَسْبابِكَ بِحَبْلِ الشَّرَفِ الاَطْوَلِ ، والنَّاصِعِ الحَسَبِ فِي ذِرْوَةِ الكاهِلِ الاَعْبَلِ ، وَالثَّابِتِ القَدَمِ عَلى زَحالِيفِها فِي الزَّمَنِ الاَوَّلِ وَعَلى آلِهِ الاَخْيارِ المُصْطَفِينَ الاَبْرارِ ، وَافْتَحِ اللّهُمَّ لَنا مَصارِيعَ الصَّباحِ بِمَفاتِيحِ الرَّحْمَةِ وَالفَلاحِ ، وَأَلْبِسْنِي اللّهُمَّ مِنْ أَفْضَلِ خِلَعِ الهِدايَةِ وَالصَّلاحِ ، وَأَغْرِسِ اللّهُمَّ بِعَظَمَتِكَ فِي شِرْبِ جَنانِي يَنابِيعَ الخُشُوعِ ، وَأَجْرِ اللّهُمَّ لِهَيْبَتِكَ مِنْ آماقِي زَفَر اتِالدُّمُوعِ ، وَأَدِّبِ اللّهُمَّ نَزَقَ الخُرْقِ مِنِّي بِأَزِمَّةِ القُنُوعِ ، إِلهِي إِنْ لَمْ تَبْتَدِئْنِي الرَّحْمَةُ مِنْكَ بِحُسْنِ التَّوْفِيقِ فَمَنِ السَّالِكُ بِي إِلَيْكَ فِي وَاضِحِ الطَّرِيقِ ؟ وَإِنْ أَسْلَمَتْنِي أَناتُكَ لِقائِدِ الامَلِ وَالمُنى فَمَنِ المُقِيلُ عَثَراتِي مِنْ كَبَواةِ الهَوى ؟ وَإِنْ خَذَلَنِي نَصْرُكَ عِنْدَ مُحارَبَةِ النَّفْسِ وَالشَّيْطانِ ، فَقَدْ وَكَلَنِي خِذْلانُكَ إِلى حَيْثُ النَّصَبِ وَالحِرْمانِ . إِلهِي أَتَرانِي ماأَتَيْتُكَ إِلا مِنْ حَيْثُ الامالِ ، أَمْ عَلِقْتُ بَأَطْرافِ حِبالِكَ إِلا حِيْنَ باعَدَتْنِي ذُنُوبِي عَنْ دارِ الوِصالِ ، فَبِئْسَ المَطِيَّةُ الَّتِي امْتَطَتُ نَفْسِي مِنْ هَواها ، فَواها لَها لِما سَوَّلَتْ لَها ظُنُونُها وَمُناها ! وَتَبَّا لَها لِجُرأَتِها عَلى سَيِّدِها وَمَوْلاها ! إِلهِي قَرَعْتُ بابَ رَحْمَتِكَ بِيَدِ رَجائِي ، وَهَرَبْتُ إِلَيْكَ لاجِئا مِنْ فَرْطِ أَهْوائِي ، وَعَلَّقْتُ بِأَطْرافِ حِبالِكَ أَنامِلَ وَلائِي ، فَاصْفَحِ اللّهُمَّ عمَّا كُنتُ أَجْرَمْتُهُ مِنْ زَلَلِي وَخَطائِي ، وَأَقِلْنِي مِنْ صَرْعَةِ رِدائِي ، فإِنَّكَ سَيِّدِي وَمَوْلاي وَمُعْتَمَدِي وَرَجائِي ، وَأَنْتَ غايَةُ مَطْلُوبِي ، وَمُنايَ فِي مُنْقَلَبِي وَمَثْوايَ . إِلهِي كَيْفَ تَطْرُدُ مِسْكِينا إِلْتَجأَ إِلَيْكَ مِنَ الذُّنُوبِ هارِبا ؟ أَمْ كَيْفَ تُخَيِّبُ مُسْتَرْشِدا قَصَدَ إِلى جَنابِكَ ساعِيا ؟ أَمْ كَيْفَ تَرُدُّ ظَمآنا وَرَدَ إِلى حِياضِكَ شارِبا ؟! كَلا ، وَحِياضُكَ مُتْرَعَةٌ فِي ضَنْكِ المُحُولِ ، وَبابُكَ مَفْتُوحٌ لِلْطَّلَبِ وَالوُغُولِ ، وَأَنْتَ غايَةُ المَسؤُولِ ونِهايَةُ المَأْمُولِ ! إِلهِي هذِهِ أَزِمَّةُ نَفْسِي عَقَلْتُها بِعِقالِ مَشِيَّتِكَ ، وَهذِهِ أَعْبأُ ذُنُوبِي دَرَأْتُها بِعَفْوِكَ وَرَحْمَتِكَ ، وَهذِهِ أَهْوائِي المُضِلَّةُ وَكَلْتُها إِلى جَنابِ لُطْفِكَ وَرَأفَتِكَ فَاجْعَلِ اللّهُمَّ صَباحِي هذا نازِلا عَلَيَّ بِضِيأِ الهُدى وَبِالسَّلامَةِ فِي الدِّينِ وَالدُّنْيا ، وَمَسائِي جُنَّةً مِنْ كَيْدِ العِدى وَوِقايَةً مِنْ مُرْدِياتِ الهَوى ، إِنَّكَ قادِرٌ عَلى ماتَشأُ تُؤْتِي المُلْكَ مَنْ تَشأُ ، وَتَنْزِعُ المُلْكَ مِمَّنْ تَشأُ ، وَتُعِزُّ مَنْ تَشأُ وَتُذِلُّ مَنْ تَشأُ ، بِيَدِكَ الخَيْرُ إِنَّكَ عَلى كُلِّ شَيٍ قَدِيرٌ ، تُولِجُ اللَّيلَ فِي النَّهارِ ، وَتُولِجُ النَّهارَ فِي اللَّيْلِ ، وَتُخْرِجُ الحَيَّ مِنَ المَيِّتِ ، وَتُخْرِجُ المَيِّتَ مِنَ الحَيِّ ، وَتَرْزُقُ مَنْ تَشأُ بِغَيْرِ حِسابٍ ، لا إِلهَ إِلا أَنْتَ ، سُبْحانَكَ ، اللّهُمَّ وَبِحَمْدِكَ ، مَنْ ذا يَعْرِفُ قَدْرَكَ فَلا يَخافُكَ ، وَمَنْ ذا يَعْلَمُ ما أَنْتَ فَلا يَهابُكَ . أَلَّفْتَ بِقُدْرَتِكَ الفِرَقَ ، وَفَلَقْتَ بِلُطْفِكَ الفَلَقَ ، وَأَنَرْتَ بِكَرَمِكَ دَياجيَ الغَسَقِ ، وَأَنْهَرْتَ المِياهَ مِنَ الصُّمِّ الصَّياخِيدِ عَذْباً وَاُجاجاً ، وَأَنْزَلْتَ مِنَ المُعْصِراتِ مأً ثَجَّاجاً ، وَجَعَلْتَ الشَّمْسَ وَالقَمَرَ لِلْبَرِيَّةِ سِراجاً وَهّاجاً ، مِنْ غَيْرِ أَنْ تُمارِسَ فِيما ابْتَدَأْتَ بِهِ لُغُوباً وَلا عِلاجاً ، فَيامَنْ تَوَحَّدَ بِالعِزِّ وَالبَقأِ ، وَقَهَرَ عِبادَهُ بِالمَوْتِ وَالفَنأِ ، صَلِّ عَلى مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِهِ الاَتْقِيأِ ، وَاسْمَعْ نِدائِي ، وَاسْتَجِبْ دُعائِي ، وَحَقِّقْ بِفَضْلِكَ أَمَلِي وَرَجائِي ، ياخَيْرَ مَنْ دُعِيَ لِكَشْفِ الضُّرِ ، وَالمَأْمُولِ لِكُلِ عُسْرٍ وَيُسْرٍ ، بِكَ أَنْزَلْتُ حاجَتِي فَلا تَرُدَّنِي مِنْ سَنِيِّ مَواهِبِكَ خائِباً ، ياكَرِيمُ ياكَرِيمُ ياكَرِيمُ ، بِرَحْمَتِكَ ياأَرْحَمَ الرّاحِمِينَ ، وَصَلَّى اللّهُ عَلى خَيْرِ خَلْقِهِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِهِ أَجْمَعِينَ . ثُمَّ اسجد وَقُلْ : إِلهِي قَلْبِي مَحْجُوبٌ ، وَنَفْسِي مَعْيُوبٌ ، وَعَقْلِي مَغْلُوبٌ ، وَهُوَائِي غالِبٌ ، وَطاعَتِي قَلِيلٌ ، وَمَعْصِيَتِي كَثِيرٌ ، وَلِسانِي مُقِرُّ بِالذُّنُوبِ ، فَكَيْفَ حِيلَتِي ياسَتَّارَ العُيُوبِ ، وَياعَلا مَ الغُيُوبِ ، وَياكاشِفَ الكُرُوبِ ، إِغْفِر ذُنُوبِي كُلَّها بِحُرْمَةِ مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ ، ياغَفّارُ ياغَفّارُ ياغَفّارُ ، بِرَحْمَتِكَ ياأَرْحَمَ الرّاحِمِينَ .

Oh God, Oh He who extended the morning's tongue in the speech of its dawning, dispatched the fragments of the dark night into the gloom of its stammering, made firm the structure of the turning spheres in the measures of its display and beamed forth the brightness of the sun through the light of its blazing! Oh He who demonstrates His Essence by His Essence, transcends congeneity with His creatures and is exalted beyond conformity with His qualities! Oh He who is near to the passing thoughts of opinions, far from the regards of eyes and knows what will be before it comes to be! Oh He who has put me at ease in the cradle of His security and sanctuary, awakened me to the favors and kindness that He has bestowed upon me and hell from the claws of evil with His hand and His force! Bless, oh God, the guide to Thee in the darkest night, him who, of Thy ropes, clings to the cord of the longest nobility, him whose glory is evident at the summit of stout shoulders and whose feet were entrenched in spite of slippery places in ancient time; and [bless] his household, the good, the chosen, the pious, And open for us, oh God, the leaves of morning's door with the keys of mercy and prosperity! Clothe me, oh God, with the most excellent robes of guidance and righteousness! Plant, oh God, through Thy tremendousness, the springs of humility in the watering place of my heart! Cause to flow, oh God, because of Thy awesomeness, tears of moaning from the corner of my eyes! And chastise, oh God, the recklessness of my clumsiness with the reins of contentment! My God, if mercy from Thee does not begin with fair success for me, then who can take me to Thee upon the evident path? If Thy deligerateness would turn me over to the guide of hope and wishes, then who will annul my slips from the stumbles of caprice? If Thy deliberateness should turn me over to the guide of hope and wishes, then who will annul my slips from the stumbles of caprice? If Thy help should forsake me in the battle with the soul and Satan, then Thy forsaking will have entrusted me to where there is hardship and deprivation. My God, dost Thou see that I have only come to Thee from the direction of hopes or clung to the ends of Thy cords when my sins have driven me from the house of union? So what an evil mount upon which my soul has mounted - its caprice! Woe upon it for being seduced by its own opinions and wishes! And destruction be upon it for its audacity toward its Master and Protector! My God, I have knocked upon the door of Thy mercy with the hand of my hope, fled to Thee seeking refuge from my excessive caprice and fixed the fingers of my love to the ends of Thy cords. So pardon, oh God, the slips and errors I have committed and release me from the foot-tangling of my robe. For Thou art my Master, my Protector, my Support and my Hope and Thou art the object of my search and my desire in my ultimate end and stable abode. My God, how couldst Thou drive away a poor beggar who seeks refuge in Thee from sins, fleeing? Or how couldst Thou disappoint one seeking guidance who repairs to Thy threshold, running? Never! For Thy pools are full in the hardship of drought, Thy door is open for seeking and penetration and Thou art the goal of requests and the object of hopes. My God, these are the reins of my soul I have bound them with the ties of Thy will. These are the burdens of my sins I have averted them with Thy pardon and mercy. And these are my caprices that lead astray - I have entrusted them to the threshold of Thy gentleness and kindliness. So make this morning of mine, oh God, descend upon me with the radiance of guidance, and with safety in religion and this world! And [make] my evening a shield against the deception of enemies and a protection against the destructive blows of caprice! Verily Thou art able over what Thou wilt! Thou givest the kingdom to whom Thou wilt, and Thou seizest the kingdom from whom Thou wilt; Thou exaltest whom Thou wilt, and Thou abasest whom Thou wilt; in Thy hand is the good; Thou art powerful over all things. Thou makest the night to enter into the day, and Thou makest the day to enter into the night; Thou bringest forth the living from the dead, and Thou bringest forth dead from the living; and Thou providest whomsoever Thou wilt without reckoning. There is no god but Thou! Glory be to Thee, oh God, and Thine is the praise! Who knows Thy measure without fearing Thee? Who knows what Thou art without awe of Thee? Through Thy power Thou hast joined disparate things, through Thy gentleness Thou hast cleaved apart the daybreak and through Thy generosity Thou hast illumined the dark shrouds of night. Thou hast made waters, sweet and salt, flow forth from hard shining stones, sent down out of rain-clouds water cascading and appointed the sun and moon a blazing lamp for the creatures, without experiencing in that which Thou originated either weariness or effort. So, oh He who is alone in might and subsistence and dominates His slaves with death and annihilation, Bless Muhammad and his household, the godfearing, answer my supplication hear my call, destroy my enemies and actualize through Thy bounty my hope and desire. Oh best of those who is called to remove affliction and object of hope in every difficulty and ease! I have stated my need, so do not reject me, oh my master, despairing of Thy exalted gifts. Oh All-generous! Oh All-generous! Oh All-generous! By Thy mercy, oh Most Merciful of the merciful! And God bless the best of His creatures, Muhammad, and all his household! Then he should prostrate himself and say: My God, my heart is veiled, my soul deficient, my intelligence defeated, my caprice triumphant, my obedience little, my disobedience much and my tongue acknowledges sins. So what am I to do? Oh He who covers defects! Oh He who knows the unseen things! Forgive my sins, all of them, by the sacredness of Muhammad and the household of Muhammad! Oh All-forgiver! Oh All-forgiver! Oh All-forgiver! By Thy mercy, oh Most Merciful of the mercifull!

Bismillahir rah' maa nir Ra h'eem

Alla humma yaaman dala'a lisaanas' s'a baah'e be nut'qe ta ballojehi Wasarrah'a qet'aa'l lailil muz'leme beghayaahebe talaj lojehi Wa atqana s'un a'l falakid dawwaare fee maqaa deere tabarrojehi Wa sha' sha'a z"eya-ash shaamse benoore ta ajjojehi Yaaman dalla a'laa d'aatehi be d'aa tehi watanazzah a'n mujaanasate makh looqaatehi Wajalla a'n mula amate kaifiy yaatehi Yaa man qaro ba min khat'raatiz' z'unoone wa bao'da a'n lah'az'aatil oyoone Wa a'lema bemaa kaana qabla ayn ya koo na Yaa man arqa dani fee me haade am nehi wa amaanehi Wa ayqaz'ani ilaa maa mana h'ani behi min menanehi wa eh' saanehi Wa kaffa akuffas sooe a'nni beyadehi wa sult'aa nehi S'alle allaahumma a'lad daleele ilaika fil lailil alyale Wal maa seke min asbaabeka beh'ablish sharafil at' wale Wan naas'ei'l h'asabe fee d'arwatil kaahelil aa'bale Wa thaabetil qadame a' laa zah'aaleefeha fiz zamanil awwale Wa a'laa aalehil akh yaaril must'a fainal abraare Waftah'ahe alla humma lanaa ma s'aaria's' s'abaah'e bemafaatehir rah' mate walfalaah'e Wa albisni allaahumma min afz"ale khila-i'l hidaayate was' s'alaa h'e Wagh rese alla humma be a'z' mateka fee shirbe janaani yanaa beea'l khoshoo-e' Wa ajre allaahumma lehai bateka min amaa qi zafaraatid dumooe' Wa addib Alla humma nazaqal khurqe minni be azzim matil qunoo e' ilaahi inllam tabta denir rah' mato minka beh'usnit tau feeqe fa manis saa leko bi ilai ka fee waaz" eh'it' t'a reeqe wa in aslamatni anaatoka le qaaedil amale walmunaa fama nil moqeelo a'tha raati min kabawaatil hawa Wain khad'a lani nas'roka i'nda muh'aarabatin nafse wash shait'aa ne Faqad wa kalani khid'laanoka ilaa h'aithun nas'abe wal h'irmaane ilaahi ataraa ni maaataitoka illa min h'aithul amaale ama'liqto Beat'raafe h'ibaaleka illa h'eena ba'aadatni d'unoobi a'n daaril wes'aale Fabesal mat'iy yatullati am tat'at nafsi min hawaha Fawaa han laha lema saw walat laha z'unoo noha wamnaaha Wata bban laha lejur ateha a'laa sayye deha wamaulyaha ilaahi qaraa'to baaba rah'mateka beyade rajaai Waharabto ilaika laajean min fart'e ahwaai Wa a'l laqto be at'rafe h'ibaa leka anaamela wala-i Fas'fah'e allaahumma a'm ma kunto ajramtohu min zalali wa khat'aai Wa aqleni min s'ar-a'ate redaai Fa in naka sayyedi wa maulaaya wa mo'tamadi waraj aai Wa anta ghaayato matloobi wa monaaya fee mun qalabi wamathwaaya ilaahi kaifa tat'rudo miskee nan iltajaa ilaika menad' d'unoo bi haa reban Am kaifa to khayyebo mustar shedan qasa da ilaa janaa beka saae'yan Am kaifa taruddo z'amaa nan warada ilaa h'eyaa z"eka shaareban Kal la wa h'eyaaz"oka mutra-a'atun fee z"an kil mah'oole Wabaa boka maftooh'un lit' t'alabe wal wughoole Wa anta ghaayatul mas-oole wa nehaa yatul maamoole ilahi haad'ehi azim mato nafsi a'qaltoha be i'qaale masheey yate ka Wa haad'ehi aa'baao d'unoobi da raatoha be a'fweka wa rah'mateka wa haad'ehi ahwaaeyal muz"illato wa kaltoha ilaa janaabe lut'feka waraa fateka Faj-a'le alla humma s'abaah'i haa d'a naazelan a'layya be z"iyaail huda Was salaamate fid deene waddunya wamasaai junnatan min kaidil aa'da Waweqaa yatan min murdeyaatil hawa innaka qaadiron a'laa maa tashaao tootil mulka man tash aao wa tanzeu'l mul ka mimman tashaao wa toi'zzo man tas haao wa tod'illo man tashaao Beyadekal khairo innaka a'laa kulle shayyin qadeer Toolejul laila finnahaa re wa toolejun nahaa ra fil laile Wa tukhrejul h'ayya minal mayyete wa tukhrejul mayyeta minal h'ayye Wa tar zoqo man tashaao beghaire h'isaabin La ilaaha illa anta subh' aanaka allaahumma wa be h'amdeka Man d'aa ya'refo qadraka falaa yakhafoka Wa man d'a ya'lamo maa anta falaa yahaa boka allafta bequd ratekal firaqa wafalaqta belut' fekal falaqa wa anarta bekara meka dayaa jeyal ghasaqe Wa an hartal meyaaha mi nas' s'ummis' s'ayaakhee de a'd'ban wa ujaajan Wa anzalta minal mo' s'eraate maa thajjaa jan Waja-a'lta sh sham sa wal qa mara lil bariy yate siraajan wahhaajan Min ghaire an tumaa resa feemaabtada-ta behi loghoo ban walaa i'laajan Faya- man tawah' h'ada bil i'zze walbaqaae wa qahara i'baadaho bilmaute wal fanaa-e S'alle a'laa muh'am madin wa aalehil atqeyaae Was ma' nidaai was tajib dua'ai wa h'aqqeq befaz" leka a'mali wara jaai Yaa khaira man doe'ya lekashfiz" z"ur re wal maamoole lekulle u'srin wa yusrin bekaa anzalto h'aajati Falaa tarud dani min sannie mawaahebeka khaa eban Yaa kareemo yaa kareemo yaa ka reemo be rah'mateka yaa arh'amar raah'e meen Wa s'al lallaaho a'laa khaire khalqehi muh'amma din wa aalehi ajmaa' eena ilaahi qalbee mah'joo bun Wa nafsee ma' yoobunw Wa a'qlee maghloobun Wa ha waai ghaalebunw Wa t'aa'ati qalee lun Wa ma's'eyati kathee runw Wa lisaani muqerrun bid'd'unoo be Fakaifa h'eelati yaa sattaarul u'yoobe Wa yaa a'llaamal gho yoobe Wa yaa kaa shefal kuroobe ighfir d'unoobi kullaha Be h'urmate muh'am madin wa aale mu h'ammadin Yaa ghaf faaro yaa ghaffaaro yaa ghaffaaro Be rah'ma teka yaa arh'amar raah'emeen

Peace,

Um Ali

Edited by jlainqatar

Selam alaycom,

Another popular supplication for the shia is Hadith e Kisa or the Tradition of the Cloak. It tells us who the 'ahlul bayt' or family of the Prophet (pbuh) are: The Prophet, his daughter Fatima (as), his cousin Ali (as) and their two sons: Hassan (as) and Hussein (as). It is related in both shia and sunni sources. In shia sources it is mentioned in the book 3awalam al 3aloom of Sh. Abdulla bin Noor Allah al Bahrani ( qas ) related by Jabir bin Abdullah al Ansari (ra) from Fatima (as).

It is to be recited on Friday (the night before Saturday) with devotion and pure intentions.

The meaning of ahl

The term "ahl" signifies the members of a household of a man, including his fellow tribesmen, kin, relatives, wife (or wives), children, and all those who share a family background, religion, housing, city, and country with him. "Ahl" and "Aal" are both the same term with the exception that "al" is exclusively used for human beings and should come before the family name, but such a condition is not existent in the case of "ahl".

"Bayt" refers to habitation and dwelling, including tents and buildings both. The "ahl al-bayt" of any person refers to his family members and all those who live in his house (c.f. "Mufradat al-Qur'an" by Raghib Isfahani; "Qamus" by Firoozabadi; "Majm`a al-Bahrayn".

The term "ahl al-bayt" (people of the house) has been repeated twice in the Holy Qur'an:

1. "... the mercy of Allah and his blessing are on you, O people of the house, ... (11:73)"

This verse refers to the people of the House of Ibrahim (s) (c.f. "Kashf al-Asrar wa `Uddat al-Abrar", 416/4 and other interpretations).

2. "... Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! And to purify you a (thorough) purifying (33:33)".

This verse, known as the "Tathir verse", refers to the Members of the Household of the Holy Prophet (s). The Imamiyyah scholars of hadith and fiqh, as well as some Sunni `Ulama, consider the "ahl al-bayt" cited in the "tathir verse" to include exclusively Muhammad, `Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, and Husayn (peace be upon them all). They do not consider the Holy Prophet's other offspring, wives, sons of paternal uncles, and dwellers of his house as the Messenger's "ahl al-bayt".

They base their argument on the genuine and authentic traditions narrated by the companions of the Prophet (s) recorded in the Sunni and Shi`i sources. Under the following headings, this article will delve into some of the said traditions and refer to some features of the "ahl al-bayt" as narrated by the Sunnis:

1. Kisa' Tradition related by the Sunnis

A- Jalaluddin `Abdul-Rahman bin Abi Bakr Suyuti (d 911 A.H.) in his commentary "Al-Dur al-Manthur", 198/5-199, Muhammad ibn `Isa Tirmidhi (3 279 A.H.) the author of "Jami' Sahih", Hakim Nishaburi (d 405 A.H.) in "Al-Mustadrak ala al-Sahihayn", Ahmad ibn Husayn Bayhaqi (d 458 A.H.) in "Sunan" (all three of whom have considered the Kisa' tradition as authentic), Muhammad ibn Jarir Tabari (d 315 A.H.), Ibn Munzir Muhammad ibn Ibrahim (d 319 A.H.), Ibn Mardawayh Isfahani, and Ahmad ibn Musa (d 410 A.H.) have quoted Ummu Salamah, the wife of the Holy Prophet (s) as saying that the verse "... Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! And to purify you a thorough purifying (33:33)" was revealed in her house. At that time, `Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, and Husayn (peace be upon them all) were in her house. The Holy Prophet (s) spread his cloak over them and stated: "These are the members of my Household, and Allah has purified them of all (sins and faults and uncleanness)."

B- Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Hanbal, the Hanbali Imam, (d 241 A.H.), in "Musnad" 229/2 quotes Ummu Salamah as saying: "The Holy Prophet (s) was in my house. Fatimah came to her father holding a stone bowl filled with "harirah" (type of food made up of flour, milk, and vegetable oil). The Holy Prophet (s) stated: Invite your husband and two sons to come as well." `Ali, Hasan, and Husayn also came there and all sat down to eat "harirah". Then, the Holy Prophet (s) was sitting on a cloak in his resting place and I was reciting the prayer in the chamber. At this time, Almighty Allah revealed the verse "Allah only desires to ...". The Holy Prophet (s) covered `Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, and Husayn (peace be upon them all) with the cloak and then stretched his hand toward the sky and said: "Allah! These are the Members of my Household, so purify them of all uncleanness'. Ummu Salamah said: "I asked him: "Am I also with you?" He stated: "You are on good and virtue" (but did not say that you are a member of my Household)'."

This tradition has also been narrated by Ahmad ibn Muhammad Tahawi (d 321 A.H.) in "Mushkil al-Athar" 332 and 334; Wahidi in "Asbab al-Nuzul" 268 and Muhib Tabari (d 694 A.H.) in "Zakhair al-`Uqba" 23 have related this tradition. In continuation of this tradition, Tabari has written that the Prophet (s) stated: "I am a friend of whosoever is friends with them and an enemy of whosoever is an enemy of them." The said tradition of similar statements have been recorded in "Manaqib" by Ibn Hanbal, 44, the microfilm copy of the book is available in the Parliament Library. Tabari remarked: "This tradition has been narrated from Umma Salamah by Ibn al-Qubabi in "Mu'jam" and Siyuti in "Al-Dur al-Mnthur" under the title of the "tathir verse", as well as by Ibn Jarir, Ibn Munzir, Ibn Mardawayh, Ibn Abi Hatam and Ibn Tabrani."

C- Khatib Baghdadi, Ahmad bin `Ali, (d 463 A.H.) in "The History of Baghdad" 278/10, has quoted Abu Saeed Khidri S`ad bin Malik (d 74 A.H.) as saying that after the revelation of the "tathir verse", the Holy Prophet (s) summoned `Ali, Fatimah, Hasan, and Husayn (peace be upon them all) and covered them with the cloak he had on and said: "These are the members of my Household, and Allah has purified them (of every wrong and sin)." The same tradition has been narrated from Ummu Salamah by Muhammad ibn Jarir Tabari in "Jam`a al-Bayan" 7/22.

D- In "Sahih Muslim" (narrated by Sayyid Murtada Firoozabadi in "Fadail al-Khamsah min Sihah al-Sitah" 214/1), Safiyah, the daughter of Shayba, has narrated `Aishah, the wife of the Holy Prophet (s), as saying: "One morning, the Messenger of Allah left the house with a cloak made of black material and bearing the design of a camel's saddle. Hasan ibn `Ali entered the place, and the Prophet (s) covered him with the cloak. Then came Husayn, Fatimah, and `Ali one after another, and all of them were also covered by the cloak. The Prophet (s) then stated: "... Allah only desires to keep away uncleanness from you, O people of the House! And to purify you a (thorough) purifying."

This tradition has been narrated by Hakim Nishaburi in "Al-Mustadark" 14/3; Bayhaqi in "Sunan" 149/2; Tabari in the "Jami al-Bayan" Siyuti in "al-Durri al-Manthur" under the title of the "tathir verse". In addition, Ibn Abi Shaybah, Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Hanbal, Ibn Abi Hatam have narrated it from `Aishah. Zamakhshari in "Kashshaf" and Fakhr Razi in "Tafsir Kabir" have also related this tradition. It seems that the recorders of traditions are unanimous about the authenticity of this tradition ("Fadail al-Khamsah" 224/1).

E- In the "Jami al-Bayan" Muhammad bin Jarir Tabari has quoted Shahr bin Hushab Ash'air (d 100 A.H.) as saying: "When Ummu Salamah heard news of the martyrdom of Husayn bin `Ali , she cursed the people of Iraq and said: `May Allah kill the people of Iraq who deceived him and left him alone. May Allah curse them. Verily, I saw Fatimah while bringing a stone bowl of sweet paste for the Holy Prophet (s). The Holy Prophet (s) stated: `Where is your cousin?' She said: `At home.' The Prophet (s) said: `Go bring him here with his two sons.' Fatimah returned while holding the hands of Hasan and Husayn. `Ali also followed them, and they came to the Holy Prophet (s). The Holy Prophet (s) embraced Hasan and Husayn and made `Ali sit on his right and Fatimah on left. He then the cloak as the carpet on which we slept in Medina and placed it over Fatimah, `Ali, Hasan, and Husayn. He held the two sides of the cloak with his left hand. He raised his right hand toward the sky addressing Almighty Allah by saying: `O Allah, purify them of any uncleanness . O Allah, these are the members of my Household. Purify and cleanse them of any vice, wrong, and sin,' (He repeated this twice). I asked: `O Messenger! Am I also a member of your Household?' He said: `You come under the cloak.' I also went under the cloak, but only after the Prophet (s) finished his prayer for his cousin, his two sons, and Fatimah (peace be upon them all)." This tradition has been related by Ahmad bin Muhammad ibn Hanbal in "Musnad" 292/6: Tahwi in "Mushkil al-Athar" 335/1; and Muhib Tabari in "Zakhair al-`Uqba" 22/1. The Kisa' tradition which has been narrated in different forms by the Shias and the Sunnis is very sacred for the entire Imamiyyah, especially the Shia of Iran, the Indian subcontinent, Iraq, and Yemen. It is recited in "rawdah" sessions (mourning ceremony) to have the wishes fulfilled and problems removed. Some narration provide more details on this tradition. Some say that Jibraeel and Mikaeel were also among the disciples of the Kisa' or were present there. A divine revelation was descended on the Holy Prophet (s) to the effect that the world and whatever is in it is indebted to these five pure ones.

To hear Hadith e Kisa by Walid Mazeedi (w/arabic text)

To hear Hadith e Kisa by Sh. Abdul Redha Ma'ash

The Event of the Cloak

HADEETHUL-KISAAA

حَدِيثُ اَلكِسَاء

In the name of Allah, the All-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

Fatimatuz-Zahra, the daughter of the Prophet, peace be on them, is to have thus related ( an event ) :

My father, the Prophet of Allah, came to my house one day and said to me : " Peace be on you, Fatimah "

I replied : " And upon you be peace "

Then he said : " I feel weakness in my body "

I said : " May Allah protect you from weakness, father "

He said : " Fatimah, please bring me a Yemeni cloak and cover me with it "

So, I brought the Yemeni cloak and covered him with it.

Then, I looked at him and saw that his face was shining like a full moon with its glory and splendor

bis-mil-laahir-rah'-maanir-rah'eemi

an faat'imataz-zah-raaa-i ( alayhas-salaam ) binti rasoolil-laahi ( s' ) qaalat :

dakhala a'lay-ya abee rasoolul-laahi ( s' ) fee baa'-z'il ay-yaami faqaala :

as-salaamu a'lay-ki yaa faat'imah

faqul-tu :

a'lay-kas-salaam

qaala : in-neee ajidu fee badanee z'ua'-faan'

faqul-tu lahooo : ue'ed'uka bil-laahi yaa abataahoo manaz'-z'ua'fi

faqaala :

yaa faat'imatu ee-teenee bil-kasaaa-il-yamaanee faghat-teenee bihi

fa atay-tuhoo bil-kisaaa-il-yamaanee faghat-tay-tuhoo bihi

wa s'ur-tu anz'uru ilay-hee wa id'aa waj-hahoo yatal-lau kaan-nahul-bad-ru fee lay-lati

tamaamihee wa kamaalih

بِسمِ اللهِ الرَحمَن الرَحِيمِ

عَنْ فاطِمَةَ الزَّهْراءِ عَلَيْهَا اَلسلام

:بِنْتِ رَسُول ِاللّه أَنَّها قالَتْ

دَخَلَ عَلَيَّ أَبِي رَسُولُ اللّهِ فِي بَعْضِ الاََْيَّامِ فَقالَ: السَّلامُ عَلَيْكِ يَا فاطِمَةُ

فَقُلْتُ: عَلَيْكَ السَّلامُ

قالَ: إِنِّي أَجِدُ فِي بَدَنِي ضَعْفا

فَقُلْتُ لَهُ: أُعِيذُكَ بِاللّهِ يَا أَبَتاهُ مِنَ الضَّعْفِ

فَقالَ: يَا فاطِمَةُ ائتِينِي بِالْكِساءِ الْـيََمانِي فَغَطَّينِي بِه ِ

فَأَتَيْتُهُ بلْكِساءِ الْـيََمانِي فَغَطَّيْتُهُ بِهِ

وَصرْتُ أَنْظُرُ إِلَيْهِ وَإِذا وَجْهُهُ يَتَلاََْلاََ كَأَنَّهُ الْبَدْرُ فِي لَيْلَة

تَمامِهِ وَكَمالِهِ

After a while, my son Hasan came in and said : " Peace be on you, mother "

I replied : " And upon you peace, O light of my eyes, and the delight of my heart "

He then said : " Mother! I smell a fragrance so sweet and so pure as that of my grandfather, the Prophet of Allah "

I replied : " Yes. Your grandfather is lying underneath the cloak "

Hasan went near the cloak and said : " Peace be on you, my grandfather, the Prophet of Allah; May I enter the cloak with you? "

He replied : " And upon you peace, my son and the master of my fountain ( Kauthar ), you are given the permission to enter "

So, Hasan entered the cloak with him.

famaa kaanat il-laa saaa'taw-wa id'aa biwaladiyal-h'asani

(alayhis-salaam )

qad aq-bala wa qaala : as-salaamu a'lay-ki yaaa um-maah

faqul-tu : wa a'lay-kas-salaamu yaa qur-rata a'y-nee wa thamarata fuaadee

faqaala : yaa um-maahoo in-nee ashum-mu i'ndaki raaa-ih'atin tay-yibatin kaan-nahaa raaa-ih'atu jad-dee rasoolil-laah

faqul-tu : naa'm in-na jad-daka tah'-tal-kisaaa

fa aq-balal-h'asanu nah'-wal-kisaaa-i wa qaala : as-salaamu a'lay-ka yaa jad-daahoo yaa rasoolal-laahi ata-d'anu leee an ad-khula maa'ka tah'-tal-kisaaa qaala : wa a'lay-kas-salaamu yaa waladee wa yaa s'aah'iba h'awz'ee qad ad'intu laka

fa dakhala maa'hoo tah'-tal-kisaaa

فَمَا كانَتْ إِلاَّ ساعَةً وَإِذا بِوَلَدِيَ الْحَسَنِ عليه السلام قَدْ أَقْبَلَ وَقالَ: السَّلامُ عَلَيْكِ يَا أُمَّاهُ فَقُلْتُ:

وَعَلَيْكَ السَّلامُ يَا قُرَّةَ عَيْنِي وَثَمَرَةَ فُؤَادِي

فَقَالَ: يَا أُمَّاهُ إِنَّي أَشَمُّ عِنْدَكِ رائِحَةً طَيِّبَةً كَأَنَّها رائِحَةُ جَدِّي رَسُولِ اللّه.

فَقُلْتُ: نَعَمْ إِنَّ جَدَّكَ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

فَأَقْبَلَ الْحَسَنُ نَحْوَ الْكِساءِ وَقالَ: السَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا جَدَّاهُ يَا رَسُولَ اللّهِ أَتَأْذَنُ لِي أَنْ أَدْخُلَ مَعَكَ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

فَقالَ: وَعَلَيْكَ السَّلامُ يَا وَلَدِي وَيَا صاحِبَ حَوْضِي قَدْ أَذِنْتُ لَكَ فَدَخَلَ مَعَهُ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

After a while, my Husain came in and said : " Peace be on you, mother "

I replied : " And upon you peace, O light of my eyes, and the delight of my heart "

He then said : " Mother! I smell a sweet fragrance like that of my grandfather, the Prophet of Allah "

I replied : " Yes. Your grandfather and your brother are lying underneath the cloak "

Husain stepped towards the cloak and said : " Peace be on you, my grandfather, the Chosen of Allah; May I enter the cloak with you? "

He replied : " And upon you peace, my son and interceder of my followers, you are given the permission to enter "

So, Husain entered the cloak with them.

famaa kaanat il-laa saaa'taw-wa id'aa biwaladial-h'usay-ni qad aq-bala wa qaala : as-salaamu a'lay-ki yaa um-maah

faqul-tu : wa a'lay-kas-salaamu yaa waladee wa yaa qur-rata a'y-nee wa thamarata fuaadee

faqaala lee : yaaa um-maahoo in-nee shummu i'ndaki raaa-ih'atin tay-yibatan kaan-nahaa raaa-ih'atu jad-dee rasoolil-laah

faqul-tu : naa'm in-na jad-daka wa akhaaka tah'-tal-kisaaa

fadanal-h'usay-nu nah'-wal-kisaaa-i wa qaala : as-salaamu a'lay-ka yaa jad-dahoos-salaamu a'lay-ka yaa manikh-taarahul-lahoo ata-d'anu leee an ad-khula maa'kumaa tah'-tal-kisaaa

faqaala : wa a'lay-kas-salaamu yaa waladee wa yaa shaafia'a um-matee qad ad'-intu lak

fadakhala maa'humaa tah'-tal-kisaaa

فَمَا كانَتْ إِلاَّ ساعَةً وَإِذا بِوَلَدِيَ الْحُسَيْنِ قَدْ أَقْبَلَ وَقالَ: السَّلامُ عَلَيْكِ يَا أُمَّاهُ.

فَقُلْتُ: وَعَلَيْكَ السَّلامُ يَا وَلَدِي وَيَا قُرَّةَ عَيْنِي وَثَمَرَةَ فُؤَادِي.

فَقَالَ لِي: يَا أُمَّاهُ إِنَّي أَشَمُّ عِنْدَكِ رائِحَةً طَيِّبَةً كَأَنَّها رائِحَةُ جَدِّي رَسُولِ اللّهُ.

فَقُلْتُ: نَعَمْ إِنَّ جَدَّكَ وَأَخاكَ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ.

فَدَنَا الْحُسَيْنُ نَحْوَ الْكِساءِ وَقالَ: السَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا جَدَّاهُ السَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا مَنِ اخْتارَهُ اللّهُ أَتَأْذَنُ لِي أَنْ أَكُونَ مَعَكُما تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

فَقالَ: وَعَلَيْكَ السَّلامُ يَا وَلَدِي وَيَا شافِعَ أُمَّتِي قَدْ أَذِنْتُ لَكَ.

فَدَخَلَ مَعَهُما تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

After a while, Abul Hasan, Ali bin Abi Talib came in and said : " Peace be on you, O daughter of the Prophet of Allah "

I replied : " And upon you peace, O father of Hasan, and the Commander of the faithful "

He then said : " Fatimah! I smell a sweet fragrance like that of my brother, ( my cousin ), the Prophet of Allah "

I replied : " Yes. He is underneath the cloak with your two sons "

So, Ali went near the cloak and said : " Peace be on you, Prophet of Allah; May I enter the cloak with you? "

He replied : " And upon you peace, my brother, my legatee, my successor, and my standard bearer, you are given the permission to enter "

So, Ali entered the cloak with them.

faaq-bala i'nda d'aalika abul-h'asani a'lee-yub-nu abee t'aalibiw-wa qaala : as-salaamu a'lay-ki yaa binta rasoolil-laah

faqul-tu wa a'lay-kas-salaamu yaa abal-h'asani wa yaaa ameeral-mumineen faqaala yaa faat'imatu in-nee ashum-mu i'ndaki raaa-ih'atan tay-yibatan kaan-nahaa raaa-ih'atu akhee wab-ni a'm-mee rasoolil-laah

faqul-tu naa'm haa hooa maa' waladay-ka tah'-tal-kisaaa

faaq-bala a'lee-yun nah'-wal-kisaaa-i wa qaala : assalaamu a'lay-ka yaa rasoolal-laahi ata-d'anu leee an akoo-na maa'kum tah'-tal-kisaaa

qaala lahu : wa a'lay-kas-salaamu yaaa akhee wa yaa was'ee yee wa khalee-fatee wa s'aah'iba liwaaa-ee qad ad'intu lak

fadakhala a'lee-yun tah'-tal-kisaaa

فَأَ قْبَلَ عِنْدَ ذلِكَ أَبُو الْحَسَنِ عَلِيُّ بْنُ أَبِي طالِبٍ وَقالَ: السَّلامُ عَلَيْكِ يَا بِنْتَ رَسُولِ اللّهِ.

فَقُلْتُ: وَعَلَيْكَ السَّلامُ يَا أَبَا الْحَسَنِ وَيَا أَمِيرَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ.

فَقالَ: يَا فاطِمَةُ إِنِّي أَشَمُّ عِنْدَكِ رائِحَةً طَيِّبَةً كَأَنَّها رائِحَةُ أَخِي وَابْنِ عَمِّي رَسُولِ اللّه.

فَقُلْتُ: نَعَمْ هَا هُوَ مَعَ وَلَدَيْكَ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

فَأَقْبَلَ عَلِيٌّ نَحْوَ الْكِساءِ وَقالَ: السَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا رَسُولَ اللّهِ أَتَأْذَنُ لِي أَنْ أَكُونَ مَعَكُمْ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

قالَ لَهُ: وَعَلَيْكَ السَّلامُ يَا أَخِي ويَا وَصِيِّي وَخَلِيفَتِي وَصاحِبَ لِوَائِي قَدْ أَذِنْتُ لَكَ

فَدَخَلَ عَلِيٌّ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

Then I stepped forward and said : " Peace be on you, my father, O Prophet of Allah; May I enter the cloak with you? "

He replied : " And upon you peace, my daughter, O part of my self; you are given the permission to enter "

So, I entered the cloak with them.

Getting together underneath the cloak, my father, the Prophet of Allah, held the two ends of the cloak and raised his right hand towards the heavens and prayed :

"O Allah, these are the people of my Household ( Ahlul-Bayt ). They are my confidants and my supporters.

Their flesh is my flesh and their blood is my blood.

Whoever hurts them, hurts me too.

Whoever displeases them, displeased me too.

I am at war with those at war with them.

I am at peace with those at peace with them.

thum-ma atay-tu nah'-wal-kisaaa-i wa qul-tu : as-salaamu a'lay-ka yaaa abataah yaa rasoolal-laahi ata-d'anu leee an akoo-na maa'kum tah'-tal-kisaaa

qaala : wa a'lay-kis-salaamu yaa bintee yaa baz'-atee qad ad'intu laki fadakhal-tu tah'-tal-kisaaa

fal-lamak-tamal-naa jamee-a'n tah'-tal-kisaaa-i akhad'a abee rasoolul-laahi bitarafayil-kisaaa-i wa aw-maa biyadihil-yum-naa ilas-samaaa-i wa qaala :

al-laahum-ma in-na haa-ulaaa-i ah-lu bay-tee wa khaaas'-s'atee wa h'aaam-matee

lah'-muhum lah'-mee wa damuhum damee

yu-limunee maa yu-limuhum

wa yah'-zununee maa yah'-zunuhum

ana h'ar-bul-liman h'aarabahum

wa sil-mul-liman saalamahum

ثُمَّ أَتَيْتُ نَحْوَ الْكِساءِ وَقُلْتُ: السَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا أَبَتاهُ يَا رَسُولَ اللّهِ أَتَأْذَنُ لِي أَنْ أَكُونَ مَعَكُمْ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

قالَ: وَعَلَيْكِ السَّلامُ يَا بِنْتِي وَيَا بِضْعَتِي قَدْ أَذِنْتُ لَكِ

فَدَخَلْتُ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

فَلَمَّا اكْتَمَلْنا جَمِيعاً تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ أَخَذَ أَبِي رَسُولُ اللّه بِطَرَفَي الْكِساءِ وَأَوْمَأَ بِيَدِهِ الْـيُمْنَى إِلَى السَّماءِ وَقالَ:

اللّهُمَّ إِنَّ هَؤُلاءِ أَهْلُ بَيْتِي وَخاصَّتِي وَحامَّتِي

لَحْمُهُمْ لَحْمِي وَدَمُهُمْ دَمِي

يُؤْلِمُنِي مَا يُؤْلِمُهُمْ

وَيَحْزُنُنِي مَا يَحْزُنُهُمْ

أَنَا حَرْبٌ لِمَنْ حارَبَهُمْ

وَسِلْمٌ لِمَنْ سالَمَهُمْ

Cont'd

cont'd

I am the enemies of their enemies and

I am the friend of their friends.

They are from me and I am from them.

O Allah! Bestow Your Blessings, Benevolence, Forgiveness and Your pleasure upon me and upon them. And remove impurity from them and keep them thoroughly pure "

Then the Lord, Almighty Allah said :

" O My angles! O Residents of My Heavens, verily, I have not created the erected Sky, the stretched earth, the illuminated moon, the bright sun, the rotating planets, the flowing seas and the sailing ships, but for the love of these Five lying underneath the cloak "

Gabriel, the trusted angle, asked : " Who are under the cloak ? "

wa a'doo-wul-liman a'adaahum

wa muh'ib-bul-liman ah'ab-bahum

in-nahum-min-nee wa ana min-hum

faj-a'l s'alawaatika wa barakaatika wa rah'-matika wa ghuf-raanika wa riz'-waanika a'lay-ya wa a'lay-him wa ad'-hib a'n-humur-rij-sa wa tah-hiruhum tat-heera

faqaalal-laahoo az'-za wa jal-la :

yaa malaaa-ikatee wa yaa suk-kaana

samaawaateee in-nee maa khalaq-tu samaa-am-mab-nee-yataw-wa laa ar-z'am-mad-h'ee-yataw-wa laa qamaram-muneeraw-wa laa sham-sam-muz'eee-ataw-wa laa falakay-yadoo-ru wa laa bah'-ray-yaj-reee il-laa fee mah'ab-bati haa-ulaaa-il-kham-satil-lad'ee-na hum tah'-tal-kisaaa

faqaalal-ameenu jib-raaa-ee-lu : yaa rab-bi wa man tah'-tal-kisaaa

وَعَدُوٌّ لِمَنْ عَاداهُمْ

وَمُحِبٌّ لِمَنْ أَحَبَّهُمْ

إِنَّهُمْ مِنِّي وَأَنَا مِنْهُمْ

فَاجْعَلْ صَلَواتِكَ وَبَرَكاتِكَ وَرَحْمَتَكَ وَغُفْرانَكَ وَرِضْوانَكَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَيْهِمْ وَأَذْهِبْ عَنْهُمُ الرِّجْسَ وَطَهِّرْهُمْ تَطْهِيراً.

فَقالَ اللّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ:

يَا مَلائِكَتِي وَيَا سُكَّانَ سَمَاواتِي إِنَّـِي مَا خَلَقْتُ سَماءً مَبْنِيَّةً وَلاَ أَرْضاً مَدْحِيَّةً وَلاَ قَمَراً مُنِيراً وَلاَ شَمْساً مُضِيئَةً وَلاَ فَلَكاً يَدُورُ وَلاَ بَحْراً يَجْرِي وَلاَ فُلْكاً يَسْرِي إِلاَّ فِي مَحَبَّةِ هَؤلاءِ لْخَمْسَةِ الَّذِينَ هُمْ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ.

فَقالَ الاََْمِينُ جَبْرائِيلُ: يَارَبِّ وَمَنْ تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ

The Almighty answered : " They are the Household of the Prophet and the assets of Prophethood. They are : Fatimah, his daughter, her husband and her two sons "

Gabriel said : " O Lord, May I fly to earth to be the sixth of them? "

Allah replied : " Yes. You are given the permission "

Gabriel, the trusted, landed near them and said : " Peace be on you, O Prophet of Allah. The All-Highest conveys His peace on you and His greetings and says:

" By My Honor and Glory, O My angles! O Residents of My Heavens, verily, I have not created the erected Sky, the stretched earth, the illuminated moon, the bright sun, the rotating planets, the flowing seas and the sailing ships, but for your sake and love "

faqaala a'z-za wa jal-la : hum ah-la bay-tin-nuboow-wati wa maa'-dinur-risaalati hum : faat'imatu wa aboohaa wa baa'-luhaa wa banoo-haa

faqaala jib-raaa-ee-lu : yaa rab-bi ata-d'anu leee an ah-bita ilal-ar-z'i li-akoo-na maa'hum saadisaa

faqaala-laahu : naa'm qad ad'intu lak

fahabatalameenu jib-raaa-ee-lu wa qaala : as-salaamu a'lay-ka yaa rasoolal-laahil-a'lee-yul-aa'-laa yuq-riukas-salaamu wa yakhus'-s'uka bil-tah'eey-yati wa lik-raam wa yaqoo-lu laka :

wa iz'-zatee wa jalaalee in-nee maa khalaq-tu samaaam-mab-nee-yataw-wa laa ar-z'am-mad-h'ee-yataw-wa laa qamaram-muneeran wa laa sham-sam-muz'eeeataw-wa laa bah'-ray-yaj-ree wa laa ful-kay-yas-reee il-laa li-ajlikum wa mah'ab-batikum

فَقالَ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ: هُمْ أَهْلُ بَيْتِ النُّبُوَّةِ وَمَعْدِنُ الرِّسالَةِ هُمْ فاطِمَةُ وَأَبُوها وَبَعْلُها وَبَنُوها.

فَقالَ جَبْرائِيلُ: يَارَبِّ أَتَأْذَنُ لِي أَنْ أَهْبِطَ إِلَى الاََْرْضِ لاََِكُونَ مَعَهُمْ سادِساً

فَقالَ اللّهُ: نَعَمْ قَدْ أَذِنْتُ لَكَ.

فَهَبَطَ الاََْمِينُ جَبْرائِيلُ وَقالَ: السَّلامُ عَلَيْكَ يَا رَسُولَ اللّهِ الْعَلِيُّ الاََْعْلى يُقْرِئُكَ السَّلام َوَيَخُصُّكَ بِالتَّحِيَّةِ وَالاِِْكْرامِ وَيَقُول ُلَكَ:

وَعِزَّتِي وَجَلالِي إِنَّي مَا خَلَقْتُ سَماءً مَبْنِيَّةً وَلاَ أَرْضاً مَدْحِيَّةً وَلاَ قَمَراً مُنِيراً وَلاَ شَمْساً مُضِيئَةً وَلاَ فَلَكاً يَدُورُ وَلاَ بَحْراً يَجْرِي وَلاَ فُلْكاً يَسْرِي إِلاَّ لاََِجْلِكُمْ وَمَحَبَّتِكُمْ

God has given me permission to enter the cloak with you. May I join you, O Prophet of Allah? "

The Prophet replied : " And peace be on you, O trusted bearer of Allah's Revelations! you are granted the permission "

So, Gabriel entered the cloak with us and said to my father : " Allah sends His Revelations to you

" Verily Allah's desire is to remove blemish from you, O People of Household ( Ahlul-Bayt ) and purify you with a perfect purification "

Then Ali said to my father : " O Prophet of Allah, tell me what

significance has Allah given for getting together underneath this cloak ? "

The Prophet replied : " By Him who rightfully appointed me a Prophet and chose me a Messenger for the salvation of the mankind.

wa qad ad'ina leee an ad-khula maa'kum fahal ta-d'anu lee yaa rasoolal-laahi

faqaala rasoolul-laahi : wa a'lay-kas-salaamu yaa amee-na wah'-yil-laahi naa'm qad ad'intu lak

fadakhala jib-raaa-ee-lu maa'naa tah'-tal-kisaaa-i faqaala li-abee : in-nal-laaha qad aw-h'aaa ilay-kum yaqoolu :

in-namaa yuree-dul-laahoo li-yud'-hiba a'nkumur-rij-sa ah-lal-bay-ti wa yutah-hirakum tat-heera

faqaala a'lee-yul li-abee : yaa rasoolal-laahi akh-bir-nee maa lijuloosinaa haad'aa tah'-tal-kisaaa-i minal-faz'-li i'ndal-laah

faqaalan-nabee-yu s'al-lal-laaho a'lay-hi wa aaalihi : wal-lad'ee baa'thanee bi-h'aq-qi nabee-yaw-was'-tafaanee bir-risaalati naj-jeea

وَقَدْ أَذِنَ لِي أَنْ أَدْخُلَ مَعَكُمْ فَهَلْ تَأْذَنُ لِي يَا رَسُولَ اللّه

فَقالَ رَسُولُ اللّه: وَعَلَيْكَ السَّلامُ يَا أَمِينَ وَحْي اللّهِ إِنَّهُ نَعَمْ قَدْ أَذِنْتُ لَكَ.

فَدَخَلَ جَبْرائِيلُ مَعَنا تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ فَقالَ لاََِبِي: إِنَّ اللّهَ قَدْ أَوْحَى إِلَيْكُمْ يَقُولُ:

إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيراً.

فَقالَ عَلِيٌّ لاََِبِي: يَا رَسُولَ اللّه أَخْبِرْنِي مَا لِجُلُوسِنا هذَا تَحْتَ الْكِساءِ مِنَ الْفَضْلِ عِنْدَ اللّهُ

فَقالَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ:

وَالَّذِي بَعَثَنِي بِالْحَقِّ نَبِيَّاً وَاصْطَفانِي بِالرِّسالَةِ نَجِيّاً

whenever and wherever and assembly of our followers and friends mention this event,

Allah will bestow on them His Blessings and Mercy;

angles will encircle them asking Allah the remission of their sins until the assembly disperse

So Ali said : " Verily, by the Lord of Kabaa! we and our followers are the winners "

Then my father replied : " By Him who rightfully appointed me a Prophet and chose me a Messenger for the salvation of the mankind,

whenever and wherever an assembly of our followers and friends mentions this event,

there shall remain none grieved but Allah will remove his grief,

maa d'ukira khabarunaa haad'aa fee mah'-falim-mim-mah'aafili ah-lil-ar-z'i wa fee-hi jam-u'm-min shee-a'tinaa wa muh'-ib-bee-naa il-laa wa nazalat a'lay-himur-rah'-mah

wa h'af-fat bihimu lamalaaa-ikah was-tagh-farat lahum ilaaa ay-yatafar-raqoo

faqaala a'lee-yun a'lay-his-salaamu : id'aw-wal-laahi fuz-naa wa faaza shee-a'tunaa wa rab-bil-kaa'-bah

faqaala abee rasoolul-laahi s'al-lal-laaho a'lay-hi wa aaalihi : yaa a'lee-yu wal-lad'ee baa'thanee bil-h'aq-qi nabee-yaw-was'-tafaanee bir-risaalati najee-ya

ma d'ukira khabarunaa haad'aa fee mah'-falim-mim-mah'aafili ah-lil ar-z'i wa fee-hi jam-u'm-min shee-a'tinaa wa muh'ib-bee-naa wa fee-him mah-moo-mun il-laa wa far-rajal-laaho ham-mahoo walaa

مَا ذُكِرَ خَبَرُنا هذَا فِي مَحْفِلٍ مِنْ مَحافِلِ أَهْلِ الاََْرْضِ وَفِيهِ جَمْعٌ مِنْ شِيعَتِنا وَمُحِّبِينا إِلاَّ

وَنَزَلَتْ عَلَيْهِمُ الرَّحْمَةُ

وَحَفَّتْ بِهِمُ الْمَلائِكَةُ وَاسْتَغْفَرَتْ لَهُمْ إِلى أَنْ يَتَفَرَّقُوا.

فَقالَ عَلِيٌّ عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ: إِذنْ وَاللّهِ فُزْنَا وَفازَ شِيعَتُنا وَرَبِّ الْكَعْبَةِ.

فَقالَ أَبِي رَسُولُ اللّهِ صَلَّى اللهُ عَلَيْهِ وَآلِهِ: يَا عَلِيُّ وَالَّذِي بَعَثَنِي بِالْحَقِّ نَبِيّاً وَاصْطَفَانِي بِالرِّسالَةِ نَجِيّاً

مَا ذُكِرَ خَبَرُنا هذَا فِي مَحْفِلٍ مِنْ مَحَافِلِ أَهْلِ الاََْرْضِ وَفِيهِ جَمْعٌ مِنْ شِيعَتِنا وَمُحِبِّينا وَفِيهِمْ مَهْمُومٌ إِلاَّ وَفَرَّجَ اللّهُ هَمَّهُ وَلاَ

there shall remain none distressed but Allah will dispel his distress,

there shall remain none wish-seeker but Allah will grant his wish.

All happily said : " Verily, by the Lord of Kabaa! we and our followers are the winners and the blessed, in this world and the next "

magh-moo-mun il-laa wa kashafal-laaho gham-mahoo

wa laa t'aalibu h'aajatin il-laa wa qaz'al-laaho h'aajatah

faqaala a'lee-yun a'lay-his-salaamu id'aaw-wal-laahi fuz-naa wa sui'd-naa wa kad'aalika shee-atunaa faazoo wa sui'doo fid-dunyaa wal aaakhirati wa rab-bil-kaa'-bah

مَغْمُومٌ إِلاَّ وَكَشَفَ اللّهُ غَمَّهُ

وَلاَ طالِبُ حاجَةٍ إِلاَّ وَقَضَى اللّهُ حاجَتَهُ.

فَقالَ عَلِيٌّ عَلَيْهِ السَّلامُ: إِذن وَاللّه فُزْنا وَسُعِدْنا وَكَذلِكَ شِيعَتُنا فازُوا وَسُعِدُوا فِي الدُّنْيا وَالاَْخِرَةِ وَرَبِّ الْكَعْبَةِ.

Peace,

Um Ali

(salam)

JazakAllah kheir sis, I love this thread!. Please can you tell me whether listening to a prayer has the same effect as reciting it. I'm not just wondering about thawaab but also the effect that the prayer has. Apologies if you have already addressed this.

wa salaam

Syeda

Selam alaycom,

Sis Ishq e Batool, I'm sure there is reward for listening to the duas. Since we don't always have time to read them, listening to them is an alternative. I listen in the car, at home or work on the headphones, before I sleep...... if you listen to them several times, you just might memorize them! For me, reading or listening to duas calms my nerves and keeps me from getting to involved in the material things and distractions of this life.

Paki4life: thanks for the reminder. Inshalla I'll try to be more diligent in adding duas. I'll try to finish the more popular ones while I am finding readers for some of the less well known ones.

Dua Tawassul

Shaykh Tusi (qas) says, in his book Misbah, that Imam Hassan bin Ali Al Askari (as) wrote this dua'a for Abu Muhammad who requested him to teach him the proper way of reciting salawat. Allama Majlisi (qas) has mentioned this dua'a on the authority of Ibn babawayh who confidently says that there is no difficulty or problem that this dua'a does not solve. The merciful Allah is beseeched in the name of and for the sake of the Holy prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt. It is known as "quick-fulfillment-of-all-legitimate-desires" dua'a and is recommended to be read on Tuesday night.

It is recommended as a sign of respect that you put your hand on your head and lower it or stand when reading the verse for the last Imam, al Hujjah ibn Hassan (may Allah hasten his reappearance).

To read the English, transliteration and Arabic text of Dua Tawassul

To hear the best recitation of Dua Tawassul by Aba Tharr Al Halawaji

To hear Dua Tawassul by Sayed Walid Mazeedi

To hear Dua Tawassul by Sh. A. Reda Maash

دعاء التوسل

اللهم إني أسـألك وأتوجه إليك بنبيك نبي الرحمة محمد صلـى الله عليـه وآله ، يا أبا

القاسم يا رسول الله يا إمام الرحمة ، يا سيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واسـتشفـعنا وتوسلنا

بك إلى الله وقدمناك بين يدي حاجاتنا ، يا وجيـها عند الله اشـفع لنا عـند الله ، يا أبا

الحسن يا أمير المؤمنين يا علي بن أبى طالب يا حجة الله على خلقه يا سيدنا ومولانا إنا

توجهنا واستشفعنا وتوسلنا بك إلى الله وقدمناك بيـن يدي حاجاتنا ، ياوجـيـها عند الله

اشفع لنا عند الله ، يا فاطمة الزهراء يا بنت محمد يا قرة عين الرسول يا سيدتنا ومولاتنا

إنا توجهنا واستشفعنا وتوسلنا بك إلى الله وقدمناك بين يدي حاجاتنا ، يا وجيـهة عند الله

اشفعي لنا عند الله ، يا أبا محمد يا حسن بن علي أيها المجتبى يا ابن رسـول الله يا حجة

الله على خلقه يا سيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واستشفعنا وتوسـلنا بك إلى الله وقـدمناك بين

يدي حاجاتـنا ، يا وجيها عند الله اشـفع لنا عند الله ، يا أبا عبدالله يا حسـين بن علي

أيها الشهيد يابن رسول الله يا حجة الله على خلقه يا سـيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واستشفعنا

وتوسـلنا بك إلى الله وقدمـناك بين يدي حاجاتنا ، يا وجـيها عند الله اشفع لنا عند الله

يا أبا الحسن يا علي بن الحسين يا زين العابدين يا ابن رسول الله يا حجة الله على خلقه

يا سـيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واستشفعنا وتوسلنا بك إلى الله وقدمناك بين يدي حاجاتنا ،

يا وجيها عند الله اشـفع لنا عـند الله ، يا أبا جعفـر يا محمد بن علي أيها الباقر يا ابن

رسول الله يا حجة الله على خلقه يا سـيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واستشفعنا وتوسلنا بك إلى

الله وقدمناك بين يدي حاجاتـنا ، يا وجـيها عند الله اشـفع لنا عنـد الله ، يا أبا عبدالله

يا جعفر بن محمد أيها الصادق يا ابن رسول الله يا حجة الله على خلقه يا سيدنا ومولانا إنا

تـوجهنا واستشفعنا وتوسـلنا بك إلى الله وقدمنـاك بين يدي حاجاتنا ، يـا وجيها عند الله

اشـفع لنا عند الله ، يا أبا الحسن يا موسى بن جعفر أيها الكاظم يا ابن رسول الله يا حجة

الله على خلقه يا سيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واسـتشفعنا وتوسـلنا بك إلى الله وقدمناك بين

يدي حـاجاتنا ، يا وجيها عند الله اشـفع لنا عند الله ، يا أبا الحسـن يا علي بن موسـى

أيها الرضا يا ابن رسول الله يا حجة الله على خلقه يا سيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واستشفعنا

وتوسـلنا بك إلى الله وقدمـناك بين يدي حاجاتنا ، يا وجيها عند الله اشـفع لنا عند الله

يا أبا جعفر يا محمد بن علي أيها التقي الجواد يا ابن رسول الله يا حجة الله على خلقه يا

سـيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واسـتشفعنا وتوسـلنا بك إلى الله وقدمناك بين يدي حاجاتنا ، يا

وجـيها عند الله اشـفع لنا عـند الله ، يا أبا الحسـن يا علي بن محمد أيـها الهادي النقي

يا ابن رسـول الله يا حجة الله على خلقه يا سـيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واستشفعنا وتوسلنا

بك إلـى الله وقدمـناك بين يدي حاجاتـنا ، يا وجيـها عند الله اشفع لنا عند الله ، يا أبا

محمد يا حسن بن علي أيها الزكي العسكري يا ابن رسول الله يا حجة الله على خلقه يا سيدنا

ومولانا إنا توجهنا واسـتشفعنا وتوسـلنا بك إلى الله وقدمناك بين يدي حاجاتنا ، يا وجيها

عنـد الله اشـفع لنا عند الله ، يا وصي الحسن والخلف الحجة أيها القائم المنتظر المهدي

يا ابن رسول الله يا حجة الله على خلقه يا سـيدنا ومولانا إنا توجهنا واسـتشفعنا وتوسلنا

بك إلـى الله وقدمناك بيـن يدي حاجاتنا ، يا وجيها عند الله اشـفع لـنا عند الله . ثم سل

حـوائجـك فإنها تـقضـى إن شـاء الله تعـالى . وعلـى روايـة أخـرى . قـل بـعد ذلـك : يا سادتي

وموالي إني توجهت بكم أئمتي وعدتي ليوم فقري وحاجتي إلى الله ، وتوسلت بكم إلى الله

واسـتشفعت بكم إلى الله ، فاشـفعوا لي عند الله ، واستنقذوني من ذنوبي عند الله ، فإنكم

وسيلتي إلى الله ، وبحبكم وبقربكم أرجو نجاة من الله ، فكونوا عند الله رجائي يا سادتي

يا أولياء الله ، صلى الله عليهم أجمعين ولعن الله أعداء الله ظالميهم من الأولين والآخرين

آمين رب العالمين .1

Bismillah al rahman al rahim

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

O Allah, I beseech Thee, and turn towards Thee, through Thy Prophet, the Prophet of Mercy, Muhammad, may Allah Bless him and his Progeny, and grant them peace. O Abul-Qasim, O Messenger of Allah O guide of mercy, O intercessor of the community, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need; O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abul Hasan, O Commander of the Faithful, O ‘Ali, son of Abu Talib, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Fatima Zahra, O daughter of Muhammad, O Joy to the eye of the Prophet, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in Judgement over us.

O Abu Muhammad, O Hasan, son of ‘Ali, O elected one O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abu Abdallah, O Husain, son of ‘Ali, O Martyr O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abu Muhammad, O ‘Ali, son of al-Husain, O Zayn al-Abidin, O Prostrator before Allah O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abu Ja’far, O Muhammad, son of ‘Ali, O knowledgeable one, O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abu ‘Abdallah, O Ja’far, son of Muhammad, O truthful one, O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abu Ibrahim, O Musa, son of Ja’far, O tranquil one, O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abul Hasan, O ‘Ali, son of Musa, O devoted one, O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abu Ja’far, O Muhammad, son of ‘Ali, O generous, Taqi’ and pious one, O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abul Hasan, O Ali, son of Muhammad, O guide (Hadi) and pure one (Naqi), O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O Abu Muhammad, O Hasan, son of ‘Ali, O Wise one and warrior, O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, O our chief, O our master, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O inheritor of al-Hasan, O successor, O upright one, O Proof, O awaited upriser, O Mahdi, O descendant of the Messenger of Allah, O decisive argument of Allah over mankind, We turn towards thee, seek thy intercession and advocacy before Allah, we put before you our open need, O intimate of Allah, Stand by us when Allah sits in judgement over us.

O our chief , O our master, O my chiefs, O my Masters, I turn to Allah through you, O my Imams, my supporters on the days of my destitution. I seek your advocacy before Allah, I request you to speak in my favour before Allah, obtain pardon for me from Allah, and deliver me from my sins, through my love of you and nearness to you, obtain deliverance (for me) from Allah O my chiefs, O close friends of Allah, may Allah bless all of them, and curse the enemies of Allah who have oppressed them and will oppress them so be it, O Lord of the worlds.

Peace,

Um Ali

Edited by jlainqatar

Guest Peace

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sis how about dua Arafat ? A link would do to a GOOD english translation if possible. Thank so much sis, May Allah give you the best of both worlds.

(salam)

Sis, also at some stage can we have a link to the audio of Dua Mashlool other than on Duas.org ? For this could you please find out if we cannot be in a state of impurity or pollution to listen as this is the requirement for reciting it as it contains Ismi Azam (the Great name of Allah).

Much appreciated

wa salaam

Syeda

Selam alaycom,

Sis Fiza, which Dua Arafat? The Dua Arafat of Imam Hussain (as) or the Dua Arafat of Imam Zain al Abidin (as)?

I have a translation and translit of both, however they are in a book about 62 pages long, which I'll have to type up, insha'Allah. Let me know which one you want and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Sis Ishq-e-Batool

I'll do Dua Mashlool next inshalla. I have a few different links at my computer at work.

Peace,

Um Ali

Guest Peace

(bismillah)

No no sis its ok you dont need to type it up - its a long dua!! I was just wondering if you have any links to the dua Arafat of Imam Hussain (as) audio recitations which are good (like Abu Thar's dua Tawassul) and translation - i have a casette tape of the dua in english and arabic and a translation but i didnt think the translation was good. I totally forgot that i found a good translation a few days ago so dont need a translation - Im really sorry!! Thats really sweet of you though sis :P :) :angel: