Rate this topic

Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2

H 3368, CH 55, h 7
A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from
‘Uthman ibn ‘Isa from Sama'a from abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme
covenant, who has said the following:

I have highlighted for you the portion to recite, with the English translation

29kvy36.png

“When you are afraid of something say, ‘O Lord, no one is an alternative for You and You are the alternative for everyone of Your creatures, suffice me in such and such matters.’”

sol4ky.png

“In another Hadith the Imam, recipient of divine supreme covenant, has instructed to say this, ‘O the One who suffices in everything and nothing is sufficient for Him in the heavens and earth, suffice me in what is important to me of worldly and the hereafter and bestow al-Salat (favors) upon Muhammad and his family.’

t05fs6.png

“Abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, has also said, ‘If anyone feels apprehensive in the presence of a ruler, he should say, “By the help of Allah, I seek conquest, by the power of Allah I will achieve success and through Muhammad, recipient of divine supreme covenant, I turn to (Allah). O Lord, ease up his difficult attitude for me, and soften for me his hardheartedness; You delete what You will, and establish. With You there is the original book.” Also say, ‘Allah is sufficient for me, no one deserves to be worshipped except Allah and I place my trust in Allah. He is the Lord of the Great Throne, through the means of Allah and His power I seek (from Allah) to prevent their means and power (from harming me), I seek prevention by the Lord, who opens up the dawn, against the evil of what He has created, there are no means and no power without Allah.’”

Edited by Tawheed313

Friday - The day of ‎Qaim‬ عليه السلام

Every passing moment on Friday should remind us of al-Qaim (atfs) who is to appear on a Friday ..

اللهم فثبتني على دينك واستعملني بطاعتك ، ولين قلبي لولي أمرك ، وعافني مما امتحنت به خلقك ، وثبتني على طاعة ولي أمرك الذي سترته عن خلقك

"O Allah, make me steadfast on Your religion, Seek me in Your obedience,Make my heart lenient/soft towards Your representative, Make me free from that which You have used as tests for Your creatures, And make me steadfast on the obedience to Your representative whom You have hidden from Your creatures."

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/the-12th-imam/selections-from-the-ziyarat-of-al-qaim

"Who is in a worse state than me? For when I move into my grave, without having prepared myself, what is the fate of my long sleep?

Why do I not cry?

I see my own self destroying me, and my passing days betraying me.

The wings of death have descended over my head, why do I not cry?

I cry for the extraction of my soul.

I cry for the darkness of my grave.

I cry for the solitude of my grave.

I cry for how it squeezes me.

I cry from the questions of Munkar and Nakir.

I cry for the day I emerge out of my grave. Naked. Humiliated. Carrying the heavy weight of my wrong actions on my back."

— Dua Abu Hamza Thumali

Selection from a dua to be recited during the period of Ghaibah .. 

اللهم ولا تسلبنا اليقين لطول الامد في غيبته وانقطاع خبره عنا ، ولا تنسنا ذكره وانتظاره والايمان وقوة اليقين في ظهوره والدعاء له والصلاة عليه حتى لا يقنطنا طول غيبته من ظهوره وقيامه ، ويكون يقيننا في ذلك كيقيننا في قيام رسولك صلواتك عليه وآله ، وما جاء به من وحيك وتنزيلك ، وقو قلوبنا على الايمان به حتى تسلك بنا على يده منهاج الهدى والحجة العظمى ، والطريقة الوسطى ، وقونا على طاعته ، وثبتنا على متابعته واجعلنا في حزبه وأعوانه وأنصاره ، والراضين بفعله ولا تسلبنا ذلك في حياتنا ولا عند وفاتنا حتى تتوفانا ونحن على ذلك غير شاكين ولا ناكثين ولا مرتابينولا مكذبين

"O Allah, do not deprive us of our strong faith because of his long-lasting Ghaibah (occultation) and disconnection of His news from us. Do not make us forget to mention him [constantly], and to wait for him, to believe in him, to have strong faith in his re-appearance (Zahoor), to pray for him, and to invoke Your blessings on him so that his long-lasting occultation (ghaibah) will never make us despair of his advent and our faith in this will be just like our faith in the advent of Your Messenger, Your peace be upon him and his AhlulBayt, and [just like our faith in] all that which has been conveyed by him to us through Your Revelation and Divine communication. O Allah, strengthen our hearts upon believing in him so that You will lead us, at his hands, to the path of true guidance, the greatest destination, and the moderate way. Grant us strength to obey him, make us firm in supporting him, and include us with his party, backers, allies, and those satisfied with his deed. Do not deprive us of this during our lifetimes nor at the hour of our death, but (please) make us die while we are upon this (faith), without doubt, and without breach of our covenant to him, and without suspect, or belying him."

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/the-12th-imam/selections-from-the-ziyarat-of-al-qaim

On 7/16/2006 at 7:29 PM, Murtada said:

For Forgiveness of Sins

Alla-hooma Inni Asaloka Be-Ismeka Ya Ali-yo, Ya Vafi-yo, Ya Ghani-yo, Ya Mali-yo, Ya Khafi-yo Ya Razi-yo, Ya Zaki-yo, Ya Badi-yo, Ya Qavi-yo, Ya Vali-yo

Can someone please tell me where has this name of Allah "Ya Mali-yo" come from? Quran? Hadis? Or any other reliable source? 

Edited by hakj

Asalaam O Alaikum dear brothers and sisters,

I just love this du'a, it is one of my favourites. 

To remove all difficulties, worries and troubles recite following du-a by Imam Ali ibn Abi Talib

O Allah, verily You, unto those who love You, are more loving than any who loves; You are ever at hand to fulfill at once the desires of those who rely on You; You take notice of their wishes, You perceive their innermost thoughts, You know the depth of their intelligence. You are fully aware of their confidential concerns. There hearts long for (relief from) You. Whenever miserable and forsaken Your remembrance comfort them in distress. Whenever misfortunes assault them, they turn to You, knowing well that the reins of all affairs are in Your hand and every affair rise from and flow out as soon as Your decision is made. O my Allah, if I falter in speaking my request and wander astray in describing my needs and wants, show me the way that leads to that which promotes my interests and turn my heart to its course, because it is neither against (the principles of) Your guidance nor your act of giving succour can be described as unlikely.
O my Allah, support me with Your pardon, do not burden me with Your justice.

http://www.duas.org/worries.htm

From Kitab Al Kafi

٧ ـ محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن أبان ، عن أبي سعيد المكاري وغيره ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال علم رسول اللهصلى‌الله‌عليه‌وآله هذا الدعاء يا رازق المقلين يا راحم المساكين يا ولي المؤمنين يا ذا القوة المتين صل على محمد وأهل بيته وارزقني وعافني واكفني ما أهمني

(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah having said: “Rasullah s.a.w taught this supplication:

“O Sustainer of the ones with scarcity! O Merciful to the needy ones! O Gaurdian of the believers! O the one with the strong strength! Send Salawat upon Muhammed and the people of his household, and grace me, grant me good health and suffice me for what worries me”.

الحديث السابع : صحيح لصحته عن ابن أبي عمير.

Edited by Tawheed313

bismill¡hi alrra¦m¡ni alrra¦¢mi

Dua for Monday

In the Name of Allah, the All-beneficent, the All-merciful

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ ٱلَّذِي لَمْ يُشْهِدْ احَداً

al¦amdu lill¡hi alladh¢ lam yushhid a¦adan

Praise be to Allah Who had no witness

حِيـنَ فَطَرَ ٱلسَّمَاوَاتِ وَٱلارْضَ

¦¢na fa§ara assam¡w¡ti wal-ar¤a

when He created the heavens and the earth, 

وَلاَ ٱتَّخَذَ مُعِيناً حِيـنَ بَرَا ٱلنَّسَمَاتِ

wa lattakhadha mu`¢nan ¦¢na bara`a annasam¡ti

and Who took no helper when He authored the spirits!

لَمْ يُشَارَكْ فِي ٱلإِلٰهِيَّةِ

lam yush¡rak fil-il¡hiyyati

He has no associate in Divinity 

وَلَمْ يُظاهَرْ فِي ٱلْوَحْدَانِيَّةِ

wa lam yu¨¡har filwa¦d¡niyyati

no one can ever wish to get at the bottom of or take hold of  the secrets of (His) Oneness,

كَلَّتِ ٱلالْسُنُ عَنْ غَايَةِ صِفَتِهِ

kallat al-alsunu `an gh¡yati ¥ifatihi

Tongues fall silent before the limit of describing Him, 

وَٱنْحَسَرَتِ ٱلْعُقُولُ عَنْ كُنْهِ مَعْرِفَتِهِ

wan¦asarat al`uq£lu `an kunhi ma`rifatih¢

intellects fail before the core of knowing Him, 

وَتَوَاضَعَتِ ٱلْجَبَابِرَةُ لِهَيْبَتِهِ

wa taw¡¤a`at aljab¡biratu lihaybatih¢

tyrants fall low in awe of Him, 

وَعَنَتِ ٱلْوُجُوهُ لِخَشْيَتِهِ

wa `anat alwuj£hu likhashyatih¢

faces are humbled in fear of Him,

وَٱنْقَادَ كُلُّ عَظِيمٍ لِعَظَمَتِهِ

wanq¡da kullu `a¨¢min li`a¨amatih¢

and everything mighty yields to His mightiness!

فَلَكَ ٱلْحَمْدُ مُتَوَاتِراً مُتَّسِقاً

falaka al¦amdu mutaw¡tiran muttasiqan

So, to You belongs praise, again and again, well-measured,

وَمُتَوَالِياً مُسْتَوْسِقاً

wa mutaw¡liyan mustawsiqan

continually, methodically! 

وَصَلَوَاتُهُ عَلَىٰ رَسُولِهِ ابَداً

wa ¥alaw¡tuh£ `al¡ ras£lih¢ abadan

And may His blessings be upon His Messenger endlessly, 

وَسَلامُهُ دَائِماً سَرْمَداً

wa sal¡muh£ d¡'iman sarmadan

and His salutation (be upon him) everlastingly, eternally!

اَللَّهُمَّ ٱجْعَلْ اوَّلَ يَوْمِي هٰذَا صَلاَحاً

all¡humma ij`al awwala yawm¢ h¡dh¡ ¥al¡¦an

O Allah, (please) make the beginning of this day of mine righteousness, 

وَ اوْسَطَهُ فَلاَحاً

wa awsa§ah£ fal¡¦an

its middle prosperity, 

وَآخِرَهُ نَجَاحاً

wa ¡khirah£ naj¡¦an

and its end success!

وَ اعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ يَوْمٍ اَوَّلُهُ فَزَعٌ

wa a`£dhu bika min yawmin awwaluh£ faza`un

I seek refuge in You from a day whose beginning is fright, 

وَ اوْسَطُهُ جَزَعٌ

wa awsa§uh£ jaza`un

whose middle is anxiety, 

وَآخِرُهُ وَجَعٌ

wa ¡khiruh£ waja`un

and whose end is pain!

اَللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي اسْتَغْفِرُكَ لِكُلِّ نَذْرٍ نَذَرْتُهُ

all¡humma inn¢ astaghfiruka likulli nadhrin nadhartuh£

O Allah, I seek forgiveness from You for every vow I have vowed, 

وَلِكُلِّ وَعْدٍ وَعَدْتُهُ

wa likulli wa`din wa`adtuh£

every promise I have made,

وَلِكُلِّ عَهْدٍ عَاهَدْتُهُ

wa likulli `ahdin `¡hadtuh£

and every pledge I have pledged

ثُمَّ لَمْ افِ لَكَ بِهِ

thumma lam afi laka bih¢

and then I failed to keep it for You.

وَ اسْالُكَ فِي مَظَالِمِ عِبَادِكَ عِنْدِي

wa as'aluka f¢ ma¨¡limi `ib¡dika `ind¢

I ask You concerning the complaints of Your servants against me:

فَايُّمَا عَبْدٍ مِنْ عَبِيدِكَ

fa ayyum¡ `abdin min `ab¢dika

If there is a servant from among Your servants

اوْ امَةٍ مِنْ إِمَائِكَ

aw amatin min im¡'ika

or a bondmaid from among Your bondmaids,

كَانَتْ لَهُ قِبَلِي مَظْلَمَةٌ ظَلَمْتُهَا إِيَّاهُ

k¡nat lah£ qibal¢ ma¨lamatun ¨alamtuh¡ iyy¡hu

who has against me a complaint 

فِي نَفْسِهِ اوْ فِي عِرْضِهِ

f¢ nafsih¢ aw f¢ `ir¤ihi

because I have wronged him in respect to himself, his reputation,

اوْ فِي مَالِهِ اوْ فِي اهْلِهِ وَوَلَدِهِ

aw f¢ m¡lih¢ aw f¢ ahlih¢ wa waladih¢

his property, his wife or his child,

اوْ غِيبَةٌ ﭐغْتَبْتُهُ بِهَا

aw gh¢batin ightabtuh£ bih¡

or because evil words I have spoken about him in his absence,

اوْ تَحَامُلٌ عَلَيهِ بِمَيْلٍ اوْ هَوًىٰ

aw ta¦¡mulun `alayhi bimaylin aw hawan

an imposition upon him through inclination, caprice,

اوْ انَفَةٍ اوْ حَمِيَّةٍ

aw anafatin aw ¦amiyyatin

scorn, zeal,

اوْ رِيَاءٍ اوْ عَصَبِيَّةٍ

aw riy¡'in aw `a¥abiyyatin

false show, bigotry, 

غَائِباً كَانَ اوْ شَاهِداً

gh¡'iban k¡na aw sh¡hidan

whether he be absent or present, 

وَحَيّاً كَانَ اوْ مَيِّتاً

wa ¦ayyan k¡na aw mayyitan

alive or dead, 

فَقَصُرَتْ يَدِي

faqa¥urat yad¢

such that my hand has fallen short

وَضَاقَ وُسْعِي عَنْ رَدِّهَا إِلَيْهِ 

wa ¤¡qa wu¥`¢ `an raddih¡ ilayhi 

and my capacity has been too narrow to make restitution to him

وَٱلتَّحَلُّلِ مِنْهُ

watta¦alluli minhu

or to annul my obligation to him,

فَاسْالُك يَا مَنْ يَمْلِكُ ٱلْحَاجَاتِ

fa as'alika y¡ man yamliku al¦¡j¡ti

I ask You, O He who owns all objects of need,

وَهِيَ مُسْتَجِيبَةٌ بِمَشِيَّتِهِ

wa hiya mustaj¢batun limash¢'atih¢ 

which are granted by His will

وَمُسْرِعَةٌ إِلَىٰ إِرَادَتِهِ

wa musri`atun il¡ ir¡datih¢

and hasten to His desire

انْ تُصَلِّيَ عَلَىٰ مُحَمَّدٍ وَآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ

an tu¥alliya `al¡ mu¦ammadin wa ¡li mu¦ammadin

that You bless Muhammad and the Household of Muhammad, 

وَانْ تُرْضِيَهُ عَنِّي بِمَا شِئْتَ

wa an tur¤iyah£ `ann¢ bim¡ shi'ta

and make [the one I have wronged] satisfied with me in the manner that You will,

وَتَهَبَ لِي مِنْ عِنْدِكَ رَحْمَةً

wa tahaba l¢ min `indika ra¦matan

and gift me mercy from You,

إِنَّهُ لاَ تَنْقُصُكَ ٱلْمَغْفِرَةُ

innah£ l¡ tanqu¥uka almaghfiratu

because, indeed, forgiveness does not disadvantage You 

وَلاَ تَضُرُّكَ ٱلْمَوْهِبَةُ

wa l¡ ta¤urruka almawhibatu

and giving does not have any loss for You. 

يَا ارْحَمَ ٱلرَّاحِمِينَ

y¡ ar¦ama arr¡¦im¢na

O Most Merciful of all those who show mercy!

اَللَّهُمَّ اوْلِنِي فِي كُلِّ يَومِ ٱثْنَيْنِ 

all¡humma awlin¢ f¢ kulli yawmi ithnayni

O Allah, bestow upon me on every Monday

نِعْمَتَيْنِ مِنْكَ ثِنْتَيْنِ

ni`matayni minka thintayni

two favors from You:

سَعَادَةً فِي اوَّلِهِ بِطَاعَتِكَ

sa`¡datan f¢ awwalih¢ bi§¡`atika

the felicity to obey You at its beginning

وَنِعْمَةً فِي آخِرِهِ بِمَغْفِرَتِكَ

wa ni`matan f¢ ¡khirih¢ bimahgfiratika

and the favor of Your forgiveness at its end!

يَا مَنْ هُوَ ٱلإِلٰهُ

y¡ man huwa al-il¡hu

O He who is the God

وَلاَ يَغْفِرُ ٱلذُّنُوبَ سِوَاهُ

wa l¡ yaghfiru aldhdhun£ba siw¡hu

and none other than Whom grants forgiveness for sins!

Where is Hasan? Where is Husayn? Where are the children of Husayn? The whole good, one and all! The truth altogether! Where is the regular unbroken vital connection? Where is the on going sequence of desirable goodness? Where are the clear source and spring of Light (vision and insight)? Where are the lively vivid handsome faces? Where are the distinctly visible pioneers? Where are the "know all the answers" scholars who communicated and made clear the religion of Allah? The fundamentals of knowledge and wisdom! Where is the ‘Everlasting legacy of God"? (never ever is the "family of Guides" without One).

Where is the impenetrable defense who broke the back of the oppressive tyrants? Where is the "awaited saviour" who will set the have-nots and the depressed on their feet? Where is the "The Hope" who will put and end to tyranny and oppression? Where is the "preserved guaranty" who shall give new life to rule of law and refined way of life?

Where is the "Chosen in preference good" who shall raise the spirits of the people and give currency to justice and fairplay? Where is the "hope-giving confidante" who shall make full use of the "Book" and define the sphere of action? Where is he who shall blot out dogma in the matter of religion and his (Muhammad’s) children? Where is he who shall break up meddlesome trouble and tampering?

Where is he who shall pull down the foundations of confusion (polytheists) and hypocrisy? Where is he who shall stamp out corruption, vice, reaction and injustice? Where is he who shall trim the outgrowth of despair, longing and hardships? Where is he who shall erase the traces of unfairness and self-seeking conceit? Where is he who shall untie the twisted knots of falsehood and disruption? Where is he who shall separate senselessness and insolence from the people? Where is he who shall tear up by the roots obstinacy, corruption and apostasy?

Where is he who shall love dearly the favourites of Allah and take pains to tame and train the trangressors? Where is he who shall make people familiar with "words of wisdom"? Where is the ultimate (Divine) source of plenty and prosperity? Where is the "Divine aspect" the God-fearing may look up to? Where is the link that connects the cosmic complex? Where is the authority who shall communicate and make known the true point of view? Where is the author of the conception of peace, fairplay and welfare? Where is the defender of the traditions of the Prophets and their children? Where is the investigator of the blood of the Martyrs of Karbalaa?

Where is he who shall get the upper hand over the perpetrators of crime and greed? Where is he who shall not rest until he answers the cries of help when called upon? Where is the foremost leader of the people – the just, the truthful and the wise? Where is the son of the chosen Prophet? The son of Ali Al-Murtaza! The son of Khadeejah, the resplendent! The son of Faatimah, the great! My father, my mother, and I turn to you for protection and sanctuary

From Dua Nudba, very beautiful indeed. 

Chapter 53 The supplication for the sustenance

Muhammad Bin Yahya, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad Bin Isa, from Ahmad Bin Muhammad Bin Abu Dawood, from Abu Hamza,

(It has been narrated) from Abu Ja’far a.s having said: ‘A man came over to the Prophet s.a.w and he said, ‘O Rasullulah! I am with dependants and upon me are debts, and my situation has become difficult, therefore teach me a supplication, I can supplicate to Allah Mighty and Majestic with it and plead to Him to Grace me what I can fulfil my debts and assist upon my dependants with’.

So Rasullulah s.a.w said: ‘O servant of Allah! Perform ablution and perfect your ablution, then pray two Cycles of Salāt, completing the Bowings and Prostrations, then say,

‘O Glorified, O One, O Benevolent, O Eternal! I divert towards You by Muhammad, the Prophet of Mercy. O Muhammad, O Rasullah! I divert by you towards Allah, your Lord  and my Lord, and Lord of everything, that You Send Salawāt upon Muhammad  and the People of his Household; and I ask You for a Benevolent Grant from Your Grants, and an easy breakthrough, and an extensive sustenance, I can gather my chaotic affairs with it, and fulfil my debts with it, and assist my dependants with it’.

2ylmydx.jpg

[Graded Majhul - Kitab Al Kafi- Mirat Al Uluq]

"O the One who has guided me to His Own self and has humbled my heart with its affirmation of His existence, I plead before You for peace and belief" يا من دلني على نفسه وذلل قلبي بتصديقه أسألك الأمن والإيمان [hasan or muwathaq - Al Kafi [Imam Ridha as]

According to Imam Musa bin Jafar al Kazim AS, to remove worries, recite any 100 verses of the Holy Qur'an and at the end recite 3 times: O Allah, drive the misfortune away from me.

ALLAAHUMMAD - FA 'A'NNIL BALAA - A (recite 3 times)

1.gif

O' Allah send Your peace and blessings on Muhammad and his Holy Family

http://www.duas.org/worries.htm