Sign in to follow this  
Guest KingFahad

"Does God Not Exist?" Part 2

Rate this topic

Guest KingFahad

Salaams,

debate2004.gif

The Tawheed Institute & The Young Muslim Association presents a second exciting debate on "Does God Not Exist"? Pro. Hassanain Rajabali with Michael Corey (Theists) will debate against Dan Barker & Richard Carrier (Atheists).

More....

Walaam

Edited by KingFahad

Guest KingFahad

(salam)

Can this thread be moved to the Atheism/Theism Interfaith dialogue section?

ws wr wb

KingFahad

(bismillah)

Salams,

For your information, Michael Corey attended the Tawheed Camp last year and he professed a belief closed to becoming a Muslim. Lately he has studied a lot about Shia Islam, hes pretty close in declaring to be a Muslim.

Ma3salama

Genu

(salam)

I agree with Br. Ali, it would be more interesting if a Shia Alim was in there somewhere. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it, don't forget to update us.

Salams,

By the way Micheal Corey is the Author of the famous book: "The God Hypothesis"

0742520544.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I agree with Br. Ali, it would be more interesting if a Shia Alim was in there somewhere. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it, don't forget to update us.

We have asked some Shia Alims who are prominent and they did not reply and were running out of time.

Ma3salama

Genu

Assalamu Alaikum,

Actually, I think Michael Corey can add an interesting perspective to the bunch. I haven't heard him speak before, but if you skim through his book, he knows what he's talking about. I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say...

Wasalam

I don't know how these foolish atheists dare to disproove what has never been prooven in a topic designed to be of benefit to the theist. :squeez:

You cannot disproove a negative! Thats why theists LOVE these debates because they are faulty and says this "I just made a claim and did not PROOVE it or even define it... now... PROOVE ME WRONG!"

Ridiculous... again i don't know how these atheists ever agreed to such a debate on that topic! Disproove a negative! YOU CANNOT!

THEN again, you can TELL who really has one JUST by looking at the title eh!? lol And the quality of the debaters eh!? From the title you know who must win.

Edited by Lebstyle

hey the links dont work..........

are they available online else where

Which links dont work?

The Debate which occurred in 2003, is available online, and transcript will be uploaded soon.

can u give me the addresss of the link???

Fahad, plz inform all of us that can't go as to what happens at the debate :D .

Best of luck to the Theists!

Salaam and Shalom.

Salam Alaykum.

Tickets go up to $20 as of Wednesday the 31st. Until then they're $10. If you're interested, email tickets@madressa.org to reserve a ticket as soon as possible.

Wassalam.

Edited by faithmuslima

Ridiculous... again i don't know how these atheists ever agreed to such a debate on that topic! Disproove a negative! YOU CANNOT!

(salam)

Lebstyle I am really trying to understand your arguements in many of these posts but I cannot. You say we can't prove the existence of god. And now you say we can't prove that god does not exist. So you are saying there is no way to find out?

That means you are wrong in concluding that god does not exist because u cannot prove it. What you should say is "I am not sure if God Exists". I wish Atheists would say this instead of arriving at a conclusion straight away without proof. If they did this then I would have more respect for their arguements because there would be no double standards in what they say as there is now. Its a simple question:

Does god exist?

(a) yes

(B) no

© I don't know

If yes prove it, if no prove it. Why do you like going round in circles complicating things just to confuse yourself and others so that it seems that u r right. When in actual fact u say many paradoxical statements.

The truth is, u don't know where you came from and why you are here. If you do please tell us. The Atheists have never answered this question since the beginning of the human race. And Science can never answer it because the scientists admit that they can never understand the period before the big bang or before time started because the tools of science cannot detect that "area".

There is only 1 way to know the truth of this topic. You need something that doesn't change like science. Something you can use to reach a conclusion. I'm sure u all know what that is.

Edited by Basaam

Salam Alaykum.

We're all sold out of tickets long ago, however there are $5 tickets available. With those tickets you'll be able to view the debate live from a screen in an adjacent room to the main hall. If interested, email tickets@madress.org.

If you're s[Edited Out]ing for a last-minute $20 ticket (main hall) I've got a few I can spare. PM me if interested.

Wassalam.

How do I get a free ticket? :) or a plane ticket? I prefer a free plane ticket.

About a Shia Alim... we dont have a Shia Alim who has a solid grasp of the English language. Debaters use a lot of trickery with words. If the debate was in Arabic, Farsi or in Urdu -- then a Shia Alim would be best. Let's wait another 10 years or so for the US to produce a solid english speaking scholar.

Wa Salaam,

Dhulfiqar