Ali

#5 Imam Baqir (as) [OFFICIAL THREAD]

al-Husayn has narrated from (Muhammad) ibn 'Abdallah from Muhammad ibn Sinan from al-Mufaddal from Jabir ibn Yazid who has said the following.

"Abu Jafar Imam Baqir (as) said to me, 'O Jabir, the first thing that Allah created was Muhammad (saww) and his offspring who are the rightly guided guides. They existed in 'Ashabah (form) of light in the presence of Allah."

I then asked,"What is 'Ashabah?"

The Imam (a.s.) said, "It is the shadow of light, the lighting bodies without the spirit. It was supported by one spirit which is the Holy spirit. In that state he and his offspring worshiped Allah and for this reason He created them forbearing scholars, conscientious pure one who worship Allah through prayer, fasting, prostration, speaking of His Glory and the acknowledgment that He is the only Lord. They perform prayers, perform Hajj and fast."

[source:Al-Kafi,Vol 1,Pg 442, H 10 ]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/know-the-ahlul-bait/knowledge-of-the-imam/sources-of-the-knowledge-of-the-imam-s-as

Edited by muhibb-ali

(bismillah)

Imām Muhammad ibn ‘Alī al-Bāqir (A.S.) said:

‘Throughout Friday night Allah (s.w.t.) calls:
-Isn’t there any believing servant who calls upon Me until before dawn so that I will grant his worldly and spiritual request?  
-Isn’t there any believing servant who repents his sins before down so that I will forgive him?  
-Isn’t there any believing servant whose sustenance is meager and asks Me to increase it before dawn so that I will increase his sustenance?  
-Isn’t there any ailing and believing servant who asks Me to heal him before dawn so that I will heal him?  
-Isn’t there any imprisoned servant who asks Me to free him from prison so that I will free him from prison?  
-Isn’t there any oppressed believing servant who asks Me to take his right from the oppressor before dawn so that I will help him and restore his right? .’"

[Reference: Oddatol Daee , Hadees 67]

Our imams a.s were not simply quiet individuals we shia's have tried to 'blow up' with our 'daef' hadiths and 'imagination'. In fact, even ancient sunni historians, though with questionable views, did give the Imams a.s their due credit. In truth, i myself feel more at peace when i see more historical proofs for our Imams a.s, rather than just relying on our own sources. When you talk about the Imams and use shia sources, they won't listen to you at all. Therefore it is of the utmost important for any shia to be familiar with history, and historical works. The Quran itself commands us to reflect on the people of the past , what end they met, or tells Muhammed pbuh to ask the Prophets pbuh before him. We must end the culture of quoting hadiths without any references - not even the book that some of us are accustomed to, and taking seriously history, preservation of history,and other sciences pertaining to it.

Imam Muhammed Baqir a.s is an individual and an Imam and a historical figure of the utmost significance. If you are a shia then you must learn about him, what he did, why he was significant,and so on. This is crucial for all of mankind, sunnis , shias, and non muslims too.

Remember, Al Dahabai is respected by sunni Muslims. You may find groups who do not - Allahualam. He was a Shafi' scholar, and wrote things against Shia muslims. He was born in the year 1274. Other scholars and historians in the sunni school of thought such as Tabari etc, talk about him.

Al Dhahabi states in  “Siyar A’lam al-Nubala'” (ca. 1340),

which you can read the translation free of charge: https://ballandalus.wordpress.com/2014/04/26/biography-of-muhammad-al-baqir-d-732-in-al-dhahabis-siyar-alam-al-nubala-ca-1340/

(what a shame our sunni brethren have translated most of their books of hadith and even the books of their scholars, but we shias haven't even translated a free version of all the volumes of Al Kafi!).

He states one very revealing thing:

Ibn ‘Uqda—Muhammad b. ‘Abd Allāh b. Abī Nujayh—‘Alī b. Ḥassān al-Qurashī—his uncle, ‘Abd al-Rahmān b. Kathīr—from Ja‘far b. Muhammad who said: “My father said: ‘My grandfather al-Ḥusayn sat me in his lap and told me that the Prophet of God (peace and blessings be upon him) sends you his greetings.”

Ābān b. Taghlib narrated from Muhammad b. ‘Alī who said:Jābir b. ‘Abd Allāh came to me and saidthe Prophet of God ordered me to convey his greetings to you.”

JUST IMAGINE

Now just imagine, Muhammed pbuh himself commands one of the oldest surviving of his Sahaba, Jabir B 'Abd Allah r.a (May Allah swt be pleased with this truly pious companion!) to actually give his salams to Imam Muhammed Baqir a.s. Some people often say, "well we respect Ali Ibn Abi Talib r.a , and also Hassan Ibn Ali r.a and Hussain ibn Ali r.a, but not all of your SHIA IMAMS".

Yes, some educated sunni brothers respect him, but i guarantee you the majority of sunni's do not even know about him. How could it be possible they do not know of a man Muhammed pbuh himself sent his Salams to. When the Holy Prophet pbuh sends salams to someone who isn't alive and is to come, what does that tell you? That he is someone extremely significant!

Al Dhahabi states in  “Siyar A’lam al-Nubala'” (ca. 1340): "Abū Ja‘far was famously known as al-Bāqir, a term that derives from “baqara al-‘ilmi” meaning the “revealer of knowledge,” a reference to his ability to know the various forms of knowledge, the apparent and the hidden."

Is this from Al kafi? Or from shias one can accuse of perhaps having a bias if you look at it objectively through history? The answer is no. In the same piece Al Dhahabi goes on to speak against Imam Muhammed Al Baqir a.s in a polite way, as well as a criticism of shias at that time.

How this is utterly important with regards to the shia school and Hadith

When Muhammed pbuh says  he is leaving behind two weighty things, the book of Allah swt, and his Ahlulbayt a.s, it is only logical to ascertain he means these two things as forms of guidance. An indepth analysis of why will be posted in another thread as I have used several well evidenced premises to arrive at that conclusion.

The fact we see our Imams a.s, from the ahlulbayt a.s being among the most eminent of scholars of their time, even under difficult circumstances of oppression, validates the fact Quran and Ahlulbayt a.s does not mean looking after the ahlulbayt a.s only. The first meaning is that we use them – chosen members of guidance!

Furthermore, in our hadith we narrate from Imam Muhammed Baqir a.s, who was present in Kerbala. He narrates from his father Imam Zain-Al-Abideen a.s , Who narrates from Imam Hussein a.s, who a long with Imam Hassan a.s narrates from Ali Ibn Abi Talib a.s. Who narrates from Muhammed pbuh.

Therefore, a narration from Imam Muhammed Baqir can be trusted, for you have a GOLDEN chain going back to Muhammed pbuh.

After the death of Muhammed pbuh, fast-forward  to the time of Imam Muhammed Baqir a.s . This was an Era you had many schools coming, trying to assert their view is correct. There were a lot of groups one could choose from.

Ibn al-Imad al-Hanbali said, “Abu-Jafar Muhammad al-Baqir was one of the ***aha’ of Madinah. He was given the title of al-Baqir because he ripped open knowledge, knew its fine subtleties and expanded it…" Ibid, quoted from Shadharat al-Thahab (Fragments of Gold), vol.1, p.149.

Having good ethics in social interactions is one of the most prominent traits of the faithful people. Humility and Tolerance are two features that can draw strongly the affection of others. This text describes an ethical attitude of Imam Baqir (as) with a Christian man which led him to convert to islam.

The famous title of Imam Muhammad ibn Ali ibn Al-Hussein (as) is the “Baqir al-Oloum” which means “the scarifier of knowledges”. This title refers to his great ability to analyze the Islamic scientific issues.

One day a Christian man said to him “you are Baqar” instead of “Baqir” to ridicule him. Notice that the word “Baqar” in Arabic language means “Cow”.

Imam patiently said to him "no, I am not Baqar, I am Baqir!”

“You are the son of a woman who was a chef!” Christian man said.

Imam replied “It was her job, it is not a disgrace!”

Christian said “your mother was a black, Shameless and Sharp-tongued woman!”

Imam told him “If these claims are true, may God bless her and forgive her sins, but if are false, may God forgive you for these slanders.”

Seeing this transcendental meekness in a man who was able to make all kinds of harassment for someone who was out of the dominant religion, was enough to bringing a revolution in the soul of the Christian person.

He later converted to the Islam. [1]

Notes:

[1]. A free translation of “the story of righteous persons, vol. 1”; written by Mortaza Motahhari.

http://www.welayatnet.com/en/news/89340

On the occasion of the **martyrdom anniversary **of the 5th Imam; Imam Muhammad son of Ali (A.S). I express my sincere condolence to the noble Prophet of Islam (A.S); Hazrat Fatimah (A.S); Hazrat Ali son of Abu-Talib (A.S); the rest of the Imams particularly the Imam of our time; Hazrat Mahdi (AFS) and their lovers and Shiites. May Allah count us among the sincere followers and the helpers of their noble course.
Peace and blessings of Allah be upon you O father of Jafar.
Peace and blessings of Allah be upon you O Muhammad son of Ali.
Peace and blessings of Allah be upon you O breaker of knowledge of the Prophets.

Imam Muhammad Baqir (a.s) just like other Imams from the Prophet Household are perfect symbols and representations of the pristine Islam, preached and nurtured by the noble Prophet of Islam (a.s). All their sayings and actions are divinely inspired.

May the Peace and blessings of Allah be upon you O Muhammad son of Ali Al-Baqir.

I wish I could my hands on a print edition of these bios. Been trying to get my hands on them for years.

https://www.hilmi.eu/islam/books/maaref-foundation/www.maaref-foundation.com/english/library/pro_ahl/imam05_baqir/imam_baqir/index.htm

1 hour ago, Akbar673 said:

I wish I could my hands on a print edition of these bios. Been trying to get my hands on them for years.

https://www.hilmi.eu/islam/books/maaref-foundation/www.maaref-foundation.com/english/library/pro_ahl/imam05_baqir/imam_baqir/index.htm

Thank you for sharing brother !

2 hours ago, Akbar673 said:

Please read that book while you can. Every time that website has gone through an update, the links are broken and you need to search to find the book again. 

Imam Muhammad Baqir(as)

1. The one who goes to an oppressor & tyrant ruler & instructs him to acquire piety & scares him & admonishes preaches, & exhorts him he would have a reward similar & equivalent to both weighty beings the mankind & the Jinn & the similar (quantity) of their good deeds.

2. The person who loves for the sake of Allah & detests & despises for the sake of Allah & give for the sake of Allah is among those whose faith has achieved completion.

3. Indeed, faithful is the one who, when pleased & glad his pleasure does not make him enter into sin & falsehood (he does not commit any sin while happy). And when unhappy & angry his anger does not oust him from the word of righteousness.
(He does not abandon the right course) And when he gains powers his power does not make him commit excess & oppression & make him go for a thing upon which he does not have any right.

4. There is no servant except that there exists a white spot upo n his heart. so when he commits a sin a black spot arises into that white spot.
So when he repents this black spot moves away. And if he continues on committing sins the blackness of this spot increases till such time it overwhelms & over rides the whiteness. When the whiteness is covered over (by the blackness) the owner of it (heart) does never at all return to wards beneficence & goodness. And this is what Allah means when he says:
"Nay! rather, what they used to do has become like a rust upon their hearts.

6. Indeed, when a man earns the wealth from Haram (prohibited) sources, no Hajj & no umrah & no strengthening of his blood kinship is never at all accepted & approved (by Almighty God).

7. The completion, entire completion of a man lies in understanding & appreciating the religion (the necessary laws of & principles of jurisprudence), the patience & forbearance upon the occurrence of incidents & the appraisement & assessment of (his) economy.

8. There are three things out of the completions & worth & values of the world & there after:
 a. Forgiving the one who has committed excess & aggression against you.
 b. Joining the own who cuts off relations & ties with you.
 c. Forbearance & tolerance for the one who committed a folly & showed insane behavior & conduct towards you.

9. The scholar whose knowledge is made use of & benefited from, is worthier & more virtuous than seventy thousand worshippers & adorers.

10. Beware! caution! Do not acquire enmity because it rotten & turns the heart evil & causes to develop hypocrisy.

11. Indeed, the most terrifically sorry of all the people on the resurrection day will be the servant who defines & shows the way of justice to the people & himself opposes it.

12. Whosever's tongue utters the truth, his practice becomes purified & the one whose intention is decent & good, his sustenance boosts up & increases. And who ever adopts a decent & nice attitude & behavior with his family his life be lengthens.

13. Nobody remains safe from sin unless he guards his tongue.

14. Consider the world as an abode where in you have dropped down for an hour & then you have got to leave it & go ahead or (suppose it) like the wealth which you lay hands upon in the dream & get overjoyed & glad. Then you wake up to find yourself empty handed.

15. Three things are back breaking:
 a. A person who considers his practice as exorbitant.
 b. A person who forgets his sins.
 c. person who is pleased with his opinion & view (considering it superior).

16. The one whose appearance & apparent looks are better than his interior condition his scale of practice is light (weightless).

17. Heaven is surrounded by unpleasantness & patience. So, the one who remains patient over it's, unpleasantness in the world, enters the paradise. And the hell is surrounded by pleasure & lusts. So the one who allows (gives) himself it's pleasure & lustful desire enters the hell fire.

18. If people come to know what (evil) lies in begging, No one will beg from the other & if the one who is begged from knows the evil of rejecting the one who begs, nobody will turn down anyone's request.

19. He who repents of his sins is as the one who has not any (burden of) sin.

20. Try to learn knowledge because learning it is a good action and study is itself a worship.

Imam Muhammad Al-Baqir (the word Baqir meaning he who cuts and dissects, a title given to him by the Prophet) was the son of the Fourth Imam and was born in 57/675. He was present at the event of Karbala when he was four years old. After his father, through Divine Command and the decree of those who went before him, he became Imam. Imam Al-Baqir managed to collect the teachings and reforms of the Holy Prophet and his AhlulBayt in the form of books. His pupils compiled books on different branches of science and arts under his instructions and guidance. In the excellence of his personal purity and godly traits, Imam Al-Baqir was a model of the Holy Prophet and his great grandfather, Ali ibn Abi Talib. His admonitions created a spiritual sensation among the Muslims in general. He was not only hospitable even to his worst enemies but also used to continually exhort them to the right path. He urged people to earn their livelihood by their own hard work. The Holy Imam gave much importance to convening gatherings in commemoration of the martyrdom of Imam Husayn.

Charity

Hasan ibn Kuthayr reports: I was complaining about indigence and unkindness of brothers-in-faith to Imam al-Baqir (a.s) who said, “A brother who is fond of you when you are rich, but cuts off his relations with you when you are in need, is a bad brother!” Then the Imam ordered his slave to give me a purse of seven hundred Dirhams, saying, “Spend this for the moment and inform me when it comes to and end.”[1]

Benevolence

The companions of Imam al-Baqir (a.s) report: the Imam allowed us to give away between five hundred and six hundred thousand Dirhams and he was never tired of giving gifts to brethren, emissaries and those who had set their hope on him.[2]

Forbearance With A Christian

Imam Muhammad ibn `Ali ibn al-Husayn had the title of Baqir, that is to say ‘One who analyzes’. He was called Baqir al-`Ulum meaning one who analyzes the knowledge. A Christian, in a mockery and ironic way playing on words of Baqir, misinterpreted to Baqara called him, “You are Baqara (cow)!” Without expressing any annoyance or anger, the Imam replied calmly, “No, I am not baqara but I am Baqir.” The Christian said, “You are the son of a lady-cook.” The Imam said in reply, “It was her job, which is not considered an insult or disgrace to her personality.” The Christian said, “Your mother was black, immodest and had an abusive tongue.” The Imam said, “If whatever you attribute to my mother is true, I pray Allah to forgive her and absolve her sins, and if it is a lie, may Allah forgive you for your lies and slander.”

Observing such a clemency from a person who had the authority to submit a non-Muslim to different persecutions was sufficient to provoke a revolution in the soul of the Christian and invite him towards Islam. Later on, he embraced Islam.[3]

Hospitality

Salma, a slave-girl of Imam al-Baqir (a.s), reports: the Imam’s brothers-in-faith would always come to visit him and the Imam too, received them with the best food, gave them a good garment and Dinars. I said to the Imam, “You will become needy as a result of this generosity!” The Imam would say, “O Salma! Good deeds are but giving gifts to brothers-in-faith and praiseworthy deeds. Imam al-Baqir would allow between five and six hundred thousand Dirhams to be given away to brothers-in-faith. He would never get tired of associating with his brethren, saying, “Recognize the actuality of the friendship of your
brothers-in-faith from the feelings you have in your hearth towards him.” He was never heard calling anybody with disgraceful names; he would rather call them with their best names.[4]

Wife’s Rights

Hasan Zayyat of Basrah reports: My friend and I went to the presence of Imam al-Baqir
while he was sitting in a well-decorated room with a purple mantle on his shoulder. He had trimmed his beard and blackened his eyes with kohl. I was full of questions. Realizing this, the Imam said, “Hasan! You and your friend may come to me tomorrow.” I said, “Very well, may I be your ransom!” The next day, we went to see him. He was sitting on a mat and wearing coarse clothes. He turned to my friend and said, “O brother of Basrah! When you came to me yesterday, I was in my wife’s room. It was her turn. The room was hers as well
as all the articles. She had made up herself for me and I had to make up myself for her. Don’t give way to gloomy thought about me.” My friend said, “May I be your ransom. By Allah, something passed in my mind but Allah removed it now and I know that truth lies in what you said.”[5]

Praying Together

Imam al-Sadiq (a.s) has reported: Any time an event saddened my father, he would gather women and children and then raise his hands in prayer and they would say Amen.[6]

Surrender To Allah

A group of people went to the presence of Imam al-Baqir (a.s). This visit coincided with the illness of one of his children. They found him sad and restless. They said, “By Allah, if anything happens to him, we might see from him what we do not approve of.” It was not long time when they heard the Imam wailing. He came back to his friends with open face. They said to him, “May we be your ransom! We were afraid that if something happened we would see you more sorrowful.” The Imam said, “We would like to see one whom we love safe and sound but there is Allah’s decree, we will surrender to what He loves.”[7]

Prayer At Night

Quoting Imam al-Sadiq (a.s), Ishaq ibn `Ammar has reported: I was spreading my father’s bed and waiting for him to come. When he would go to his bed and sleep, then I would go to mine. One night, he was late. I went to the mosque to look for him. While all people had gone home, I found him alone in the mosque in prostration. I heard his lamentation, saying,

سُبْحَانَكَ اللَّهُمَّ رَبِّي حَقّاً حَقّاً. سَجَدْتُ لَكَ يَا رَبِّ تَعَبُّداً
وَرِقّاً. أللَّهُمَّ إنَّ عَمَلِي ضَعِيفٌ فَضَاعِفْهُ لِي. أللَّهُمَّ قِنِي
عَذَابَكَ يَوْمَ تَبْعَثُ عِبَادَكَ، وَتُبْ عَلَيَّ إنَّكَ أنْتَ التَّوَّابُ
الرَّحِيمُ.

Glory be to You, O my Lord, with true glory! I am prostrating myself before You, O my God, worshipping and serving You! O Allah! My deed is weak; (please) double its reward. O Lord! Preserve me from Your punishment when You resurrect Your servants. Accept my repentance for You are the best Accepter of repentance and the most Merciful.[8]

Notes:

[1] Al-Irshad by al-Mufid: 166/2.
[2] Al-Irshad by al-Mufid: 167/2.
[3] Al-Manaqib: 207/4.
[4] Kashf al-Ghummah: 118/2.
[5] Al-Kafi: 448/6, H 13.
[6] Al-Kafi: 487/2, H 3.
[7] Al-Kafi: 226/3, H 14.
[8] Al-Kafi: 323/3, H 9.

Imam Muhammad Al-Baqir (the word Baqir meaning he who cuts and dissects, a title given to him by the Prophet) was the son of the Fourth Imam and was born in 57/675. He was present at the event of Karbala when he was four years old. After his father, through Divine Command and the decree of those who went before him, he became Imam. Imam Al-Baqir managed to collect the teachings and reforms of the Holy Prophet and his AhlulBayt in the form of books. His pupils compiled books on different branches of science and arts under his instructions and guidance. In the excellence of his personal purity and godly traits, Imam Al-Baqir was a model of the Holy Prophet and his great grandfather, Ali ibn Abi Talib. His admonitions created a spiritual sensation among the Muslims in general. He was not only hospitable even to his worst enemies but also used to continually exhort them to the right path. He urged people to earn their livelihood by their own hard work. The Holy Imam gave much importance to convening gatherings in commemoration of the martyrdom of Imam Husayn.

Charity

Hasan ibn Kuthayr reports: I was complaining about indigence and unkindness of
brothers-in-faith to Imam al-Baqir (a.s) who said, “A brother who is fond of you
when you are rich, but cuts off his relations with you when you are in need, is
a bad brother!” Then the Imam ordered his slave to give me a purse of seven
hundred Dirhams, saying, “Spend this for the moment and inform me when it comes
to and end.”[1]

Benevolence

The companions of Imam al-Baqir (a.s) report: the Imam allowed us to give away
between five hundred and six hundred thousand Dirhams and he was never tired of
giving gifts to brethren, emissaries and those who had set their hope on him.[2]

Forbearance With A Christian

Imam Muhammad ibn `Ali ibn al-Husayn had the title of Baqir, that is to say ‘One
who analyzes’. He was called Baqir al-`Ulum meaning one who analyzes the
knowledge. A Christian, in a mockery and ironic way playing on words of Baqir,
misinterpreted to Baqara called him, “You are Baqara (cow)!” Without expressing
any annoyance or anger, the Imam replied calmly, “No, I am not baqara but I am
Baqir.” The Christian said, “You are the son of a lady-cook.” The Imam said in
reply, “It was her job, which is not considered an insult or disgrace to her
personality.” The Christian said, “Your mother was black, immodest and had an
abusive tongue.” The Imam said, “If whatever you attribute to my mother is true,
I pray Allah to forgive her and absolve her sins, and if it is a lie, may Allah
forgive you for your lies and slander.”

Observing such a clemency from a person who had the authority to submit a
non-Muslim to different persecutions was sufficient to provoke a revolution in
the soul of the Christian and invite him towards Islam. Later on, he embraced
Islam.[3]

Hospitality

Salma, a slave-girl of Imam al-Baqir (a.s), reports: the Imam’s
brothers-in-faith would always come to visit him and the Imam too, received them
with the best food, gave them a good garment and Dinars. I said to the Imam,
“You will become needy as a result of this generosity!” The Imam would say, “O
Salma! Good deeds are but giving gifts to brothers-in-faith and praiseworthy
deeds. Imam al-Baqir would allow between five and six hundred thousand Dirhams
to be given away to brothers-in-faith. He would never get tired of associating
with his brethren, saying, “Recognize the actuality of the friendship of your
brothers-in-faith from the feelings you have in your hearth towards him.” He was
never heard calling anybody with disgraceful names; he would rather call them
with their best names.[4]

Wife’s Rights

Hasan Zayyat of Basrah reports: My friend and I went to the presence of Imam al-Baqir
while he was sitting in a well-decorated room with a purple mantle on his
shoulder. He had trimmed his beard and blackened his eyes with kohl. I was full
of questions. Realizing this, the Imam said, “Hasan! You and your friend may
come to me tomorrow.” I said, “Very well, may I be your ransom!” The next day,
we went to see him. He was sitting on a mat and wearing coarse clothes. He
turned to my friend and said, “O brother of Basrah! When you came to me
yesterday, I was in my wife’s room. It was her turn. The room was hers as well
as all the articles. She had made up herself for me and I had to make up myself
for her. Don’t give way to gloomy thought about me.” My friend said, “May I be
your ransom. By Allah, something passed in my mind but Allah removed it now and
I know that truth lies in what you said.”[5]

Another famous saying of the Imam is, “I admonish you regarding five things; if you are wronged, do not commit wrong doing to others, if you are betrayed, do not betray anyone, if you are called a liar, do not be furious, if you are praised, do not be jubilant, if you are criticized do not fret and think of what is said in criticism, if you find in yourself what is criticized about you, then you are falling down in the eyes of God; when you are furious about the truth, it is much greater calamity then your falling down in the eyes of the people. And if you are opposite of what is said (in criticism) about you, then it is a merit you acquired without having to tire yourself in obtaining it.

5 hours ago, Khudayar said:

In the name of Allah.

Islamic Iran is set to shoot a new TV Serial on the life of Imam Mohammad al-Baqir (as) in Ghazali Cinema Town

read more here: http://www.ifilmtv.com/English/News/NewsIn/455/Shoot-series-Ghazali-Cinema-Town

Any idea where we can get this with subtitles? 

In a reliable tradition, it is narrated by Imam Muhammad al-Baqir that the Holy Prophet said, “An angel was very near to Allah. Due to some laxity or laziness, Allah sent him down to earth. He came to Idris and requested him to intercede with Allah on his behalf. Idris agreed and fasted for three days without breaking the fast and spent three nights in worship due to which he was exhausted and weak. Then he prayed to Allah and interceded for this angel. Allah gave the permission to that angel to ascend to the skies. At that time that angel said, “I wish that you would ask from me something in return.” Idris said, “I wish to meet the Angel of Death so that I can befriend him, because due to his remembrance no bounty is worth rejoicing.” The angel seated him on his wings and took him up to the 1st heaven. Then he took him higher until they reached between the 4th and the 5th skies where he met the Angel of Death. They saw the Angel of Death weeping and asked him the reason of his grief. The Angel of Death replied, “Just now when I was beneath the skies there was an order from Allah to take the soul of Idris between the 4th and 5th heaven.” When Idris heard this he fell down from the wings of the angel and immediately his soul was taken away. As Allah says, “We have mentioned in the Book.”

https://www.al-islam.org/hayat-al-qulub-vol-1-allamah-muhammad-baqir-al-majlisi/account-idris

Provided by: @A Muslim Artist

Here is a aī (Authentic) du `ā’ (supplication) by Imām al-Bāqir (عليه السلام) for increasing our rizq (sustenance) and prolonging our life.

أَبُو عَلِيٍّ الْأَشْعَرِيُّ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ عَبْدِ الْجَبَّارِ عَنْ صَفْوَانَ بْنِ يَحْيَى عَنِ الْعَلَاءِ بْنِ رَزِينٍ عَنْ مُحَمَّدِ بْنِ مُسْلِمٍ عَنْ أَبِي جَعْفَرٍ ع قَالَ قُلِ 
From Muhammad bin Muslim from Abī Ja`far said, he (عليه السلام) said:

اللَّهُمَّ أَوْسِعْ عَلَيَّ فِي رِزْقِي وَ امْدُدْ لِي فِي عُمُرِي وَ اغْفِرْ لِي ذَنْبِي وَ اجْعَلْنِي مِمَّنْ تَنْتَصِرُ بِهِ لِدِينِكَ وَ لَا تَسْتَبْدِلْ بِي غَيْرِي
“O Allāh, expand me in my rizq (sustenance), and extend me in my life, and forgive me for my sins, and make me from those who prevail in Your religion, and do not substitute me with others”

Source:
1.     Al-Kulaynī, Al-Kāfī, ed. `Alī Akbar al-Ghaffārī, 8 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 3rd Edition, 1388 AH), vol. 2, pg. 589, hadeeth # 27
Grading:
1.     Al-Majlisī said this hadeeth is Ṣaḥīḥ (Authentic)
à Mir’āt Al-`Uqūl, 26 vols., (Tehran: Dār al-Kutub al-Islāmiyyah, 1410 AH), vol. 12, pg. 464
2.     Bahbūdi said this hadeeth is Ṣaḥīḥ (Authentic)
à Ṣaḥīḥ al-Kāfī, vol. 1, pg. 151