Ali

#5 Imam Baqir (as) [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Martyrdom of Imam Muhammad al-Baqer (AS)

Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS) had carried out his immortal message: he had spread knowledge and Islamic manners among people. Then God chose him to be His neighbour. He wanted him to enjoy the shade of His mercy and His gardens. He wanted him to be happy through meeting his grandfathers, who passed the methods of justice and fairness in the earth.

The Imam announced his own Death

The Imam felt the approach of his certain death. So, he hurried to his aunt, Fatemah daughter of Imam al-Husayn (AS). He announced his death to her, saying: “I have completed fifty-eight years. (Tadhkerat al-Khawas, page 350. In Kashf al-Ghummah, volume 2, page 322, it has been reported on the authority of Imam Ja’far as-Sadeq (AS) who said: [My father Muhammad al-Baqer (AS) said] “‘Ali was killed at the age of fifty-eight, ‘Ali ibn al-Husayn died at the age fifty-eight. I am fifty-eight years old.). Fatemah understood what the Imam meant. Her heart melted with sorrows for her nephew. For he was the rest of the members of his family, who were killed by the swords of aggression and error. The Imam completed fifty-eighty years full of misfortunes. Those years filled his heart with sorrow and sadness. His father, Imam Zayn al-’Abedin, and his grand father, Imam al-Hasan, peace be on them, departed life at the same age. Thus, the Imam felt that he was about to die.

The Martyrdom of the Holy Imam (AS)

Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS) did not die a natural death. Rather, some sinful persons, who did not believe in God and the hereafter, gave him poison to drink. The historians differed over which sinful person who committed such a crime. The following are some of the views: Hesham ibn al-Hakam gave the Imam poison to drink. (Behar al-Anwar) This is the most acceptable view. For Hesham was the most spiteful person towards the family of the Prophet, may God bless him and his family. His soul was full of malice and hatred towards them. It was he who forced the great martyr, Zayd ibn ‘Ali (AS) to revolt against him. That was when he scorned and abandoned Zayd. Surely, the great Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS) shook the position of this tyrannical person (Hesham). That because the Imam’s knowledge and outstanding merits were famous. So, the Muslims talked about his talents and abilities. Hence, Hesham killed the Imam to get rid of him. (Akhbar al-Duwal, page 111) Ibrahim ibn al-Walid gave the Imam poison to drink. Sayyid ibn Tawous thought that Ibrahim ibn al-Walid took part in murdering the Imam (AS). (Behar al-Anwar)

This means that Ibrahim helped other persons to murder the Imam (AS).

Some references have ignored the name of the person who assassinated the Imam (AS). They have only mentioned that the Imam died of poisoning. (Nour al-Absar, volume 131. ibn Tolan, al-Aemmah al-Ithna ‘Ashar, page 281) These are some of the views mentioned concerning murdering the Imam (AS) with poison.

Reasons for the Murder of the Imam

The Umayyads murdered the Imam (AS). The reasons for that are as follows:

1. The Imam’s high Character

Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS) had the highest character in the Islamic world. Muslims have unanimously greed on his high character. They have admitted his outstanding merits. All Muslim religious scholars from all Muslim countries came to him to learn his sciences and his morals. For the Imam learned that from his grandfather, God’s Apostle, may God bless him and his family.

The Imam (AS) possessed the sentiments of the people. Thus, they admired and respected him. For the Imam was the most prominent figure in the family of the Prophet, may God bless him and his family.

Hence, the Imam’s high social rank displeased the Umayyads. Accordingly, they decided to murder him to get rid of him.

2. The Events of Damascus

Among the reasons that moved the Umayyads to kill the Imam (AS) were the events the Imam faced in Damascus. These events are as follow: A. The Imam exceeded the Umayyads and others in shooting. That was when Hesham summoned the Imam to compete with the Umayyads and others for shooting. Hesham thought the Imam would fail in hitting the target. Thus, he would be able to use the Imam’s failure as means to degrade the importance of the Imam and to mock him before the Syrians. However, the Imam shot and hit the target several times. The people had never seen such skilfulness in the world of shooting.

Hesham was full of anger. So, he decided to murder the Imam from that moment.

B. The Imam debated with Hesham on the affairs of the Imamate. The Imam defeated Hesham. So, the latter was full of malice towards the former.

C. The Imam debated with the scholar of the Christians on certain affairs. The Imam also defeated the scholar. So, the Syrians were busy talking about the Imam’s victory over the Christian scholar. We have mentioned these matters in detail in the previous chapters.

Imam al-Baqer (AS) designated as-Sadeq (AS)

Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS) designated his son as-Sadeq (AS) as an Imam. For as-Sadeq was the pride of the world. He was the pioneer of culture and science in Islam. His father designated him to be an Imam and successor and general authority for the community after him. He said to his followers that it was incumbent on them to follow and obey his son. Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS) lauded his son, Imam as-Sadeq (AS). He gave an explicit designation for his Imamate. Abu as-Sabah al-Kinani reported. He said: [Abu Ja’far Muhammad looked towards his son Abu ‘Abdullah (as-Sadeq) (AS) and said (to us): “Do you see that man? He is one of those of whom God, the Mighty and High, said: We wish to grant a favour to those who have been humiliated in the land and We will make them Imams and inheritors. (Usoul al-Kafi, volume 1, page 306)

‘Ali ibn al-Hakam reported on the authority of Taher, who said: [i was with Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS)). When Ja’far (as-Sadeq) approached, Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) said:] “Here is the best of creatures. (Usoul al-Kafi, volume 1, page 306)

His Testamentary Enjoinments

Imam Muhammad al-Baqer (AS) gave several enjoinments to his son, Imam as-Sadeq (AS). Among them are the following: He said: “Ja’far, I give testamentary enjoinments to you (to treat) my followers well.” So, Imam as-Sadeq (AS) replied: “May I be your ransom, I will make them (know their religion so well) that any man among them in the country will not (have to) ask any one (for advice). (Usoul al-Kafi, volume1, page 306)

He (AS) enjoined his son to spend (money) on them and to take care of their affairs to make them devote themselves to seek knowledge, to record his traditions, and to spread his sciences and morals among the people. He (AS) enjoined his son as-Sadeq (AS) to shroud him in the cloak in which he used to perform the prayer. (Safwat as-Safwa, volume 2, page 63. ibn al-Wadi, Tarikh, volume 1, page 184. Abi al-Fida’, Tarikh, volume 1, page 214. ibn al-Jawzi, al-Muntazam, volume 7)

He wanted that to be a truthful witness with God for his great worship and his obedience to Him.

3. He endowed some of his money to some female weepers to weep for him for ten years at Mina. (Behar al-Anwar, volume 11, page 62).

The reason for that is that Mina was the greatest center where Muslims gathered, and that there were many female weepers at it. This would make the Muslims ask about the reason for weeping. They would be told that the Umayyads persecuted and killed Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS). So, the Umayyad would be unable to hide the murder of the Imam.

As for the text of his testamentary enjoinments, it was reported by Imam Abu ‘Abdullah as-Sadeq (AS) who said: [When my father was near to death, he said (to me): “Call witnesses for me.” I summoned four men from Quraysh, among them Nafe’, retainer of ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar. (My father said:) “Write this testimony which I bequeath (like) Jacob did to his sons: My sons, God has chosen the religion for you. So, do not die except as Muslims. Muhammad ibn ‘Ali makes this last testimony to Ja’far ibn Muhammad. He orders him to shroud him in his cloak in which he used to perform the Friday prayer, to put his turban on him, to make his grave a square, to raise it the height of four fingers above the ground, and to take his shabby clothes away from him at his burial.

Then he said to the witnesses: “Depart, may God have mercy on you.” “Father,” I said to him (after they had gone), “what was in this that there had to be witnesses for it?” “My son,” he answered, “I was unwilling for you to be overcome and for it to be said that no testimony had been mad for him. I wanted you to have proof.

(Usoul al-Kafi, volume 1, page 307)

To the Highest Paradise

The poison acted quickly on the body of Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS). So, death approached fast. During his last hours, he gathered all his feelings and sentiments, and cleaved to God, the Most High. He began reciting the Holy Koran. He asked God’s forgiveness. While his tongue busy praising God, death came to him. So, his great matchless soul ascended to its Creator after it had enlightened the cultural scientific life in Islam. When the Imam died, the most wonderful stage of the Islamic message, which provided the Islamic community with the elements of awareness, development, and prosper, ended.

His Preparation (for Burial)

Imam as-Sadeq (AS) prepared the holy body for burial. He washed it and shrouded it. He was weeping bitter tears for the missing of his father, who was the best person under the sky in knowledge, outstanding merits, and devoutness.

His Burial

The people carried the great body from al-Hamimah. They gathered around it. They were shouting: “There is no god but God! God is Great!” They were greatly moved to touch the coffin of the Imam. They were mentioning the laudable and favours of Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS). Then they reached at Baqi’ al-Gharqad. They dug a grave alongside the grave of his father, Zayn al-’Abedin, the greatest Imam (AS) and besides his great-uncle, Imam al-Hasan, the Lord of the Youth of Heaven (AS). Then Imam as-Sadeq buried his father in his final resting place. He buried with him knowledge, clemency, and kindness to people.

The martyrdom of Imam Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS) was the greatest loss for the Muslims then. For they missed the leader, the pioneer, and the guide, who spared no effort to spread knowledge and cultural awareness among Muslims.

The Holy Imam (AS) was martyred at the age of 58.

The Year of his Death

It is famous that Imam al-Baqer (AS) died in the year 114A.H.

The Muslims condoled Imam as-Sadeq (AS)

The Muslims were full of sadness. So, they hurried to Imam as-Sadeq (AS) to condole with him on the death of his father. Among the condolers was Salim ibn Abi Hafsah, who said:

“I said to my companions: ‘Wait for me. For I want to go to Abu ‘Abdullah (as-Sadeq) to condole with him on the death of his father.’ I went to him and condoled with him and said to him:

‘To God we belong and to Him is our return. By God, the one who used to say: ‘God’s Apostle, may God bless him and his family, said,’ has passed away. He was not asked about what was between him and God’s Apostle, may God bless him and his family. I have never seen the like of him.”

He Salim added: “Imam Abu ‘Abdullah (as-Sadeq) (AS) kept silent for an hour. Then he turned to his companions and said to them: God, the Great and Almighty said: ‘Some of My servants give part of a date as alms. So, I will grow (the alms) for them, as they grow the foal.’

Then Salim went out. He admired Imam Abu ‘Abdullah (as-Sadeq) (AS). Hence, he turned to his companions and said to them: “I have not seen (any person) more wonderful than this (Imam). We regarded as great Abu Ja’far (al-Baqer) (AS) who used to say without any authority: ‘God’s Apostle, may God bless him and his family, said.’ Abu ‘Abdullah (as-Sadeq) (AS) said to me without an authority: ‘God said.’ (Al-Shaykh at-Tousi, al-Amali, page 125)

Imam as-Sadeq (AS) took his traditions from his fathers, who took their sciences from their grandfather, God’s Apostle, may God bless him and his family.

Condolences on the Martyrdom Anniversary of Imam al-Baqer (AS)

One of the companions of the Holy Prophet (S) Jaber ibn ‘Abdullah al-Ansari was in the presence of the Holy Prophet (S). He asked the Prophet about the names of descendants from his daughter Hadhrat Fatemah and ‘Ali (AS). The Prophet (S) told him,

“Oh Jaber, you will have a long life, and although you will go blind, but you will meet the fifth in line of my descendants whose name will be my name, who will walk like me and who will be the fifth Imam of the time. When you will meet him, give my salaams to him.”

As predicted by the Holy Prophet (S) Jaber ibn ‘Abdullah al-Ansari had a long life and became blind in his old age. But he devoutly waited for the time when he would meet the fifth Imam. Each morning he would come out from his house, sit by the road side and wait for the sound of the footsteps to recognize the fifth Imam.

One such day while he was waiting in the street of Madinah, he heard someone walking towards him, the sound of footsteps reminded him of the way Holy Prophet used to walk. Jaber stood up, stopped the man and asked his name. He replied, “Muhammad,” Jaber asked, whose son? He replied “‘Ali ibn al-Husayn.”

Jaber immediately recognized the man he was talking to was the fifth Imam. He kissed his and told him the message from the Holy Prophet and that the Prophet sent his salaams to him. Imam took him to his home, asked his friends to gather as many people as they can. When they all assembled in his house, the Imam asked Jaber to tell the whole story again. Jaber narrated the story; they all cried and attested in unison of the Imamat of the fifth Imam and also the names of the other Seven Imams in his line up to the Twelfth Imam.

Imam al-Baqer (AS) was an eye-witness of tragedy of Karbala. Oppression of dictators of his age Walid ibn ‘Abdul-Malek, Sulayman ibn ‘Abdul-Malek, Yazid ibn ‘Abdul-Malek and Hesham ibn ‘Abdul-Malek neither could bow him nor pushed him back from the path of truth. He was martyred with poison – He was buried in Jannat al-Baqi’ along with his respected grandmother Hadhrat Fatimat az-Zahra (SA) and respected father Hadhrat Imam Zayn al-‘Abedin (AS).

Imam al-Baqer’s greatest task and at the same time responsibility was to explain the correct version of Islam, the true interpretation of Quran, the divine laws, and the religiously lawful rules to the people in a correct manner. We offer our condolences on the Martyrdom anniversary of Imam al-Baqer (AS).

There is a saying of Hadhrat Imam al-Baqer (AS) that the most important deeds in a human life are three: (A) cooperation and sympathy to Islamic brethren, (B) keep remembering Allah in every condition, environment and occasion, © doing justice in character, saying and decision-making. We offer our condolences on the martyrdom anniversary of Imam al-Baqer (AS).

(bismillah)

(salam)

Today, the 1st of Rajab, is the auspicious date of birth of our fifth Imam, IMAM Mohammed al-Ba`qir (as) and Bibi Sakina (as) , the daughter of Imam Hussain (as). Mubarak and salutations to the Imam of our age, Imam-e-Zamaana (as) and mubarak to all the mo'mineen and mo'minaat.

Here are some aspects of his life history.

Imam al Baqir (as) was among the most prominent of the men of thought and knowledge in Islam. The historians have unanimously agreed on his importance. For he played an important role in proclaiming the Islamic culture and founding the scientific movement in Islam.He dedicated himself to spread knowledge among the Moslems.That was when the intellectual lull included all the Islamic world, and when there was no scientific or intellectual renaissance.The Moslems led successive revolutions and popular uprisings.They sometimes wanted to get rid of the oppressive Umayyad regime, and they sometimes wanted to take the reins of government.Accordingly, they thoroughly neglected the scientific life. Thus, it had no existence in the arena of life.

Indeed Ima`m al-Ba`qir (as) devoted himself to knowledge. So, he raised its standard, founded its bases, and fixed firmly its sources. Thus, he was the pioneer, teacher, and leader of this community during its cultural movement.He led it to wide steps in scientific studies.He played an important role in prospering the bright Islamic civilization throughout the generations that came after him.

Ima`m Abu` Ja‘far (al-Ba`qir) a.s was famous for jurisprudence. That is because jurisprudence represents the spirit of Islam, its essence, and its reaction with life.So, he took care to enliven it. Then he established his religious school that was full of main jurists such as Aba`n b. Taghlub, Mohammed b. Moslem, Barïd, Abu` Basïr al-Asadi, al-Fadel b. Sayya`r, Ma‘ru`f b. Khrbudh, Zarara b. A‘yun and the like.

These main figures were among those on whose truthfulness and jurisprudence the community has unanimously agreed. It was they who wrote down the traditions of the members of the House (ahl al-Bayt), peace be on them. Were it not for them, that large intellectual wealth would be useless.

The Islamic world is proud of this wealth. Besides this wealth is among the basic sources from which the Shi‘ite jurists conclude religious rules. The act that makes us boast of the life of the Imam is that he took care of these jurists. He praised them, strengthened their position, and summoned the community to resort to their religious opinions. He, peace be on him, said to Aba`n b. Taghlub: “Sit down in the mosque. Give religious opinions to the people. Indeed, I am glad to see among my followers the likes of you.”

Indeed, he paid their expenses and what they needed during their life. He did that to make them dedicate themselves to gaining of knowledge, to achieve its rules exactly, and to write it down. Then, he asked his son, Imam al-Sadiq (as) to take care of the jurists. He asked him to spend on them to help them carry out their religious duties. Thus, they played a constructive role in writing the traditions which they heard from him. Besides they taught the religious deputations what they narrated from him.

His student, Ja`bir b. Yazïd al-Jufi, reported seventy thousand traditions from him. Aba`n b. Taghlub also reported a large group (of traditions) from him. The jurisprudential encyclopedias are full of their narrations from him. All the chapters of jurisprudence - such as the acts of worship, contracts, punishments, and the like - are confirmed with narrations from him. Therefore, he founded and published the jurisprudence of the members of the House (ahl al-Bayt), peace be on them. Worth mentioning, the jurisprudence of the members of the House is the best Islamic jurisprudence.

The lectures and researches of the Ima`m were not confined to jurisprudence. Rather they included all kinds of sciences such as philosophy, theology, and medicine. As for the explanation of the Koran, it engaged his care wholly. Indeed, he appointed time for it. Most commentators (of the Koran) have written what the Imam adopted and what he narrated from his grandfathers concerning the explanation of the holy verses. He (the Ima`m) wrote a book about the explanation (of the Koran). Zyya`d b. al-Mundher, the spiritual leader of the Jarudi group, reported the book from him. This book denotes that and gives some examples of his explanations to some verses.

Worth mentioning, the Imam (as) talked about the conditions of the prophets and the persecutions from which they suffered because of the oppressive rulers of their time. He also talked about their judgments and their morals. From him most researchers learned the situations of the prophets. Moreover, he, peace be on him, talked in an inclusive objective manner about the Prophet's life. He explained the circumstances of the great Apostle, may Allah bless him and his family, his campaigns, and his wars.

The historians of the Prophetic life-such as b. Hisha`m, al-Wa`qidi, al-Halabi, and the like-reported them on his authority, on the authority of his grandfathers, peace be on them, on the authority of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and his family. The Imam narrated a large group of traditions concerning behavior, good morals, and high qualities Moslems should follow to be an example to others. He reported in an inclusive way all the historic events that occurred during the early Islamic time. Al-Tabari has reported them from him in his book ‘Tarïkh.’ He has also reported them from him in his book ‘al-Ansab.’

The Imam (as) debated with some Christian scholars, the Azraqites, the atheists, and the extremists. He passed all those debates successfully. The opponent admitted the Imam's scientific abilities. Namely, the opponent was feeble to debate with him. This book will indicate that. The Ima`m left behind him an immense intellectual wealth. It is regarded as one of the sources and among the mines the scientific wealth in the earth. It is difficult for me to write about all what has been narrated from him. For that needs writing several books. We have referred to only some of them. We have left the door open to him who wants to study inclusively his scientific wealth.

However, the historians have never seen an Imam like Mohammed al-Ba`qir (as). That is because he devoted all his life to the spread of knowledge among the people. He was as the narrators said: “He lived in Median (Yathrib). He was a trusty custodian. He was like the mountain or the sea. The thinkers and prominent scholars learned from him jurisprudence and knowledge. So, he developed not only the life of this community but also of all people.”

Imam Mohammed al-Ba`qir (as) was among the great men of thought and knowledge in Islam. His behavior represents the essence of the Islamic thought that came to guide people and to educate their manners. The historians have unanimously agreed that the Imam was most times busy praising Allah and that he spent his nights praying to Him and whispering to Him in prayers.

The Imam thoroughly renounced worldly desires. He inclined with his heart and his feelings towards Allah. He preferred His obedience to all things. He followed what caused him to be close to Allah. He did not yield to any desires. Rather he got rid of them completely. Thus, they had no power over him.

The Imam's life was similar to the life of his grandfather , the great Apostle , may Allah bless him and his family, in all qualities. Whoever reads about his life is full of admiration.

During his childhood , Ima`m al-Baqir (as) suffered many tribulations. Indeed, he saw the tragedies of Karbala`'. He saw the pure family of the Prophet , may Allah bless him and his family , when they were tortured and killed. He saw the Umayyad Army murdering the innocent children , the women , and the old men. He saw that sinful army maiming the body of the great Ima`m (al-Husayn).

He saw other tragedies that filled the heart with terror. He was among the members of the House (ahl al-Bayt) , peace be on them when they were taken prisoners to b. Marjana (‘Ubayd Allah b. Zyya`d) l.a. The latter humiliated and disdained them very much. He showed his malice and he rejoiced at the murder of the progeny of the Prophet , may Allah bless him and his family. Then he sent them to the sinful oppressive ruler, Yazïd b. Mu‘a`wiya. The latter received them with much disdain and mistreatment.

Ima`m Mohammed al-Baqir (as) understood fully those painful events. Thus, they filled his heart with stormy sorrow. They impressed deeply agony and sadness in his heart. They accompanied him throughout his life. Thus, his heart was full of bitter sorrow.

Among the disasters that hit the Imam during his childhood was the Battle of al-Hirra. At that battle Yazïd's Army violated the Holiness of Medina , the city of the Prophet , may Allah bless him and his family. The army raped the women , seized properties , and killed people. It violated all the things which Allah had prohibited.

The time of (the Imamate) of the Imam was among the most critical times in Islam. During this time life was very disorderly. Thus, the country was liable to many revolutions. Those revolutions from the bad Umayyad politicians. That is because they did not take care of the interests of the Moslem nations. Rather they imposed heavy taxes on the Moslem community. They plundered its wealth and spent it on their pleasures. Moreover, they took exclusive possession of its affairs.

Indeed, it is not an act of loyalty to neglect the lives of our great Ima`ms.

That is because the living nations have immortalized their great men , praised them , and showed their scientific works. That is because these nations want to enliven their own originality and their noble values. Al-‘Aqqa`d said : “The European scholars have praised their great figures and studied the sides of their glory. Rather fanaticism sometimes motivated them to increase the sides of this greatness. They have created imaginations to justify the defect and to repair the shortcoming. That is because of the enthusiasm for the self and the excitement for seeking perfection. As for us , there are dams and fences between us and our great men. They have prevented our young men from making use of them.”

Among the Imam's works was that he freed the Arab Islamic criticism from the foreign domination. He made it independent from the Romanian Empire.

Patience was among the personal qualities of the pure Imams from the members of the House (ahl al-Bayt), peace be on them. Indeed they were patient through the hardships of time and the misfortunes of the days. They bore the misfortunes which the creatures were unable to bear. At the plateau of Karbala', Imam Husayn, peace be on him, received the exhausting misfortunes, saying: “O Lord, I am patient towards Your decree. There is no god but You. “Imam al-Baqir, like his grandfathers, was patient towards the hardships and the misfortunes, of which are the following:

1. (The people of) authority disparaged his pure grandfathers. They cursed them openly on the pulpits and through the minarets (of the mosques). He , peace be on him, listened to that. However, he was unable to say even a word. He restrained his anger. He entrusted the affair to Allah to judge among his servants with the truth.

2. Among the hard misfortunes which the Imam endured was the headmen from the hirelings of the Umayyad authority who tortured severely and killed the followers of the members of the House (ahl al-Bayt), peace be on them. However, the Imam was unable to say even a word. That is because (the Umayyad) authority kept an intense eye on him. They surrounded him with their secret agents. They did not respond to any request from him concerning the affair of his followers.

3. Concerning the Imam's great patience, the historians reported that while he was sitting with his companions, he heard a loud cry from his house. One of his servants hurried to him and told him secretly (about the accident). However, the Imam, peace be on him, said to the servant: “Praise belongs to Allah for what he has given and praise belongs to Him for what he has taken. Prevent them from weeping. Prepare him for burial. Ask her to be calm and tell her: ‘No harm will hit you. You are free for Allah because of the fear that has controlled you. '

“Then the Imam went back to his conversation. The people were unable to ask him (about the accident). Then his servant came to him and said to him: We have prepared him for burial. ' Thus, the Imam ordered his companions to pray over his son and to bury him. He told his companions concerning his son and said to them: ‘ He fell off a slave-girl who was carrying him and died.’” States change and civilizations perish while these ‘Alid morals are immortal, for they represent the honor of humanity and its noble values.

4. The historians said: “The Imam had a son. The son became ill. Thus, the Imam feared for his safety, for he loved him very much. Then the son died. So, the patience of the Imam became calm. Thus, it was said to him:‘We fear for your safety, son of the Apostle of Allah, may Allah bless him and his family.’ However, the Imam answered with calmness and satisfaction with the decree of Allah, saying: ‘Indeed we pray to Allah in what He loves. If what we hate occurs, we do not oppose Allah in what He loves.’”

Surely, the Imam habituated himself to patience. He faced the misfortunes of the world and the disasters of time with strong will and firm belief. He endured the misfortunes without boredom, for he was desirous of the reward of Allah.

more at http://www.maaref-foundation.com/english/index.htm

Shiism in the View of Imam Al-Baqir (a.s.)

The Attributes of the Shiite person

(|By Grand Ayatollah Muhammad Hussein Fadl-Allāh)

In Islam, Shiism is not something separated from Islam, but it represents Islam in all its morals and human feelings of responsibility toward others.

Imam Al-Baqir was told by a man called Abu Ismail: We have a lot of Shiites. The Imam asked him: Do the rich give the poor, and does the offended forgives the offender and do they visit one another to offer condolences?”

When the man said that they do not, the Imam said: “Those are not Shiites”. That is because the Shiite person is the one who abides by the Islamic morals in the social relationships, thus he helps the poor, forgives the offender, and consoles his brother by himself and by his money, and the one who does not do so, he will be deviate from the path of Islam that is the path of Shiism…

Imam Al-Baqir (a.s.) sent with Khaithama Bin Abd El-Rahman Al-Jaa'fi, one of his companions a letter to his Shiia followers and to all Muslims. He says in the letter: "Convey my greetings to our followers and advise them - it is an advice for us also because we are among his followers and we adhere to their Imamate -

“…And advise them to fear Allah, the Magnificent, tell them that their rich should sympathize with the poor, and the strong should sympathize with the weak. They should attend the funerals of their dead and visit one another, for their meeting keeps our cause alive…, And that they cannot become among our followers except by piety, communication, unity, love, and remembrance of all the vital issues that gather all people. And their main concern is Islam in all its doctrines, rulings, values, and morals…

The Imam also said: "Kahithama. Tell our followers that nothing will save them when they meet Allah but their good deeds and verily, the most sorrowful person on the Day of Judgment is a man who praises justice but acts against it."

Thus, loyalty is neither a heartbeat nor a sensation, but it is to be loyal to Allah, obey Him, follow the Prophet (p.) and Ahlelbiet (a.s.), and adhere to their path in obeying Allah and loving him.

Al-Baqir (a.s.) clarifies to his Shiites that: "being loyal to us means abiding by the path of Allah and His Prophet (p.), and when you belong to us, the imamate in the path of Islam, this means that you talk to people about justice that this loyalty represents and about the right that it is based on. And if you violate these beliefs, you will be the most sorrowful people on the Day of Judgment because you will be talking to people about justice while acting against it and those who observed what you had said, entered Heaven, while you will go to Hell, because you did not abide by the justice that you had talked about.

Facing exaggeration

The Imam wanted to put the foundations of the intellectual basis and establish the detailed practical plans in the movement of values through the relationships of the society, so we realize how he used to be afraid on Shiism from exaggeration as a result of the unconscious love. He (a.s.) says: Oh followers of Ahl Al Beit! Be moderate so that both those who exaggerate and the ones who understate will follow you. When asked by a man of Al-Ansar about those who exaggerate are he answered: ‘They are those who attribute things to us which we do not have…” (In other words give us a higher position than God gave us), “Those people do not belong to us and we do not belong to them. By God; we have no guarantee of salvation… we have no special relation with God that obliges Him to save us. Our only way to draw nearer to God is through obedience. Therefore, only those of you who obey God will benefit from being our followers. Oh people! Do not be deceived. Do not be deceived

The meaning of Shiism

Shiism does not represent a personal belonging to Ali (a.s.) and his family (Ahlelbeit (a.s.)), but it represents the belonging to the path of the Prophet (P.) that they followed, worked and struggled for it. He also tells the people about how to be real Shiites. He says to Jabir bin Abdallah: “Is it enough for a person to embellish himself as our Shi'a (follower) by professing love for us, the Ahlelbeit? Nay! By Allah, a person is not our follower unless he fears Allah and obeys Him. Our followers are only recognized, O Jabir, by their humbleness, submission, honesty, abundant praise of Allah, fasting and prayers; goodness to their parents; attention to the poor, needy, debtors and orphans living nearby; speaking the truth; recitation of the Quran; holding their tongues except for good words; and trustworthiness towards relatives in all affairs”.

“…If a man says I love the Messenger but does not follow his teachings, his love will do him no good. Therefore be pious and know that has a special relationship with God. God loves those of you who are pious and obedient most. We have no power to save you from the fire! And God is not obliged under any circumstances to save you either. Whoever obeys God is one of our followers and whoever disobeys Him is one of our enemies. Being one of our followers cannot be attained other than thorough hard work and piety.”

O Jabir, without 'ita'ah' (obedience and submission), nobody can attain

proximity to Allah. We do not like them to claim to be our friends if

they do not fulfill all the conditions. A sinful person is our enemy. Without good deeds and abstinence from sins, any claim of friendship to us

is of no avail."

The sacrifice in Ali's (a.s.) loyalty

Al-Baqir (a.s.) clarifies the characteristics of the Shiia in another way. He says (a.s.): Ali’s Shiites are those who help, love and visit one another – those who visit one another and do not conspire to ruin people or deform a person's image, but to revive Allah's religion that the Prophet (p.) and the Imams (a.s.) (his household) have lived for the sake of reviving–, Those, who if they get angry, do not become unjust, - they stay well-balanced, and do not wrong the one whom they are angry with –, and those who when pleased, will not over spend, if they love, they do not exaggerate in their love and do not give the one whom they love more than what he deserves… But, unfortunately, we raise those whom we love, to the highest ranks, and put down those whom we dislike to the lowest ranks. For that reason, we should be the well-balanced people who give every one his right. So, we should not wrong anyone's right or raise any one more than he deserves –, those who would be a blessing to their neighbors and peaceful to those whom they deal with.

courtesy - sj (FB)

Hazrat Imam Muhammad al-Baqir (as) Said:

'If we were to take rule and our Mahdi would appear, each one of our followers will be more daring than a lion and sharper than the point of a spear. He will trample over our enemies and strike them with his hands, and this will happen with the coming of the mercy of Allah and His relief for His creation.' -

Ref: Bihar al-Anwar, v. 52, p. 318, no. 17.

Baqir ul Uloom Hazrat Imam Baqir son of Imam Zain ul Abideen (a.s) and father of Imam Jafar al Sadiq (a.s) Said:

"Indeed, when a man earns the wealth from haram (prohibited source) . No Hajj , No umra & No strengthening of his blood kinship is never at all accepted & approved. By Almighty God."

Ref: Biharul Anwaar Vol 75 Pg 375

Imam Mohammad al-Baqer (as)

Imam said, "Our followers are of three kinds, one who follows us but depends on others, one who is like a glass involved in his own reflections, but the best are those who are like gold, the more they suffer the more they shine.

(bismillah)

(salam)

(sorry this is a little late)

My congratulations to Hujjeh min ale Muhammed (atfs) on the birth anniversaty of his great grandfather, Imam Muhammad al Baqir (as) .

Here is the ziyarat of Aimmah in Baqi: http://www.ziaraat.org/baqi/baqi.php

Here is the special salawat of Imam (as) : http://www.ziaraat.org/baqi/salwat_baqir.php

Lets all send a surah fatiha and salawat as hadiyah to Baqir uloomin Nabiyeen (as)

Allahumal'an qatala Muhammad al Baqir (as) !!!

Guest ahlulbayti

1742d99425.gif?t=1165857144

ÚÙã Çááå ÃÌæÑäÇ æÃÌæÑßã

3atham Allah ajoorna wa ajoorkum

On this sad occassion, We present Our condolences to our living imam Imam-e-Zamana(a.s.)(May Allah Hasten His Appearance) ,Muslim Ummah and all the lovers of the Holy Ahlul Bayt(A.S.) Momineen and Mominaat

The Salient Features of Imam's Character

Sheikh Mufid writes about Imam (A.S.), "he had access to and acquaintance with all the branches of knowledge and intuitive learning. He led his life busy in the obedience of God. He was strong and balanced at the station of piety and rigidly honored his

word, promises, and commitments. His piety, open heartedness, spiritual purity, and humanly conducts made all and sundry love him. And he trained them in Islamic ethics.

Imam Mohammad Baqir always put on new and clean dress. He perfumed himself and walked very comfortably, slowly and steadily. One day, some narrow minded ones criticized him saying your grandfather Ali (A.S.) used old and cheap clothes so why do you put on clean and new ones?

He replied, since in those days all the people were poor Ali (A.S.) ought to have used old clothes and simple food. But today the people are leading their lives in comfort and luxury; hence, I should not use those clothes. The act of my grandfather in those days, was according to justice and leadership and my action and way of life today is also in accordance to the (norms of) Justice and leadership.

About his manners and training, it is written that he never laughed loudly and always spoke in a calm and respectable way. He never became furious and enraged and with whosoever he met he would give him respect and shook hands with him and said, "this act (shaking hands) brings the hearts close to each other and puts an end to the enmities and hostilities."

Although Imam (A.S.) wept much during his confidential conversation with God, but he did not weep loudly. Whenever he spoke he would start and end his talk with the name of God.

He had gardens and fields in abundance and large number but he himself visited them like a farmer and shared the work with the cultivator and workers, took food with them, and talked to them. He was a master who had close working relations with his servants.

Whatever agricultural products he received from his gardens and fields he would give it in the name of God. He fulfilled all the needs and requirements of his workers to such extent that he was one of the most generous men of his time in Hijaz.

Ibn-e-Hajar, who is a prejudiced Sunni scholar, writes about the character of Imam (A.S.) "Imam Mohammad Baqir (A.S.) had a clean, pure heart. His speech and talk was harmonies and in accordance with his practice. His conduct and dealing with people was humanly and Islamic. He was a great Gnostic and unmatched worshiper. He was so very ornamented and decorated with human qualities that I do not have the means and capacity to praise him."

One of his slaves said about him, "Once I accompanied his graciousness to Mecca. When Imam (A.S.) sighted the house of God (Kaabah). He wept so much that he got feeble and nerveless I said to him, "Why do you weep so much?"

He said, "Perhaps God may become kind to me because of these tears and tomorrow (on justice day) He may bless me with salvation.

Then Imam stood for his prayers and lengthened the prostration. When he picked his head up, the place of prostration was wet with tears from his eyes."

Mohammad bin Mankadir, who was a silly pious looking person, says, "Because of this that Imam (A.S.) worked too hard I said to myself he is after the material and I must stop and admonish him. So one day I saw him exhausted and perspiring due to ample hard work in the hot scorching weather. I went near him, saluted him, and said, "Oh son of the Prophet (P.B.U.H.), why are you so much after the wealth of the world? If death comes to you in such a condition what would you do then?"

He said, "This is the best of my times because I work in it so that I do not become needy towards you people and others, and do not eat from the earnings of others. If God gives me death in this condition I will be much happy since I am busy in his prayers and obedience."

I got informed about this point and knew that I was wrong. I apologized him, saying, "I wanted to admonish and advise you, but you admonished and informed me."

Kulayni writes, "A group of the friends of Imam (A.S.) stated that one day we went to his house to offer him compliments. After salutation and enquiring after his health we found the Imam (A.S.) very sad, pensive and afflicted. When we asked about the reason of that sorrow. We came to know that the son of Imam (A.S.) was very much ill. We told ourselves if this son dies what a distress would Imam (A.S.) have to face?

We bade farewell, and went back and on the next day returned back to enquire about the welfare of Imam. Fortunately, we saw the Imam (A.S.) in happy mood we told ourselves God has done a favor and cured the son and so Imam is happy. But then we learnt that the son had passed away. We enquired about the matter from him personally, as to why he was so troubled and pensive before the death but after it he was happy. Imam replied to us, "my son was ill and by virtue of human and paternal duty I was sad and uneasy and put in endeavor and efforts to get him cured and was asking God to get him cured. But since God deemed expedient that he dies and freed him off the pain and calamity, I submitted to His will and thanked God. We are agreed and contented upon His will and we love and like whatever he loves and wishes.

Imam Brief Sayings

1. To lie is from the desolation and depravity of faith.

2. The faithful does not become coward, greedy and miser.

3. God is the friend of modest, tolerant and forbearing person.

4. The scholar whose existence is fruitful and useful his worth is more than seventy thousand silly, witless ascetics (worshipers).

5. God does not like the scurrilous.

6. Avoid languidness (extenuation) because it is the key to every indecency and ruins and spoils the religion and the world (worldly affairs) of man.

7. Whosoever commits excesses over the servants of God, will not be from our Shias.

8. Avoid envying and being jealous of each other keep away from selfishness (egotism), do not adopt cruelty, be vigilant and watchful about your prayers, be the friend of oppressed ones.

9. Whoever tries to perform the errands and works of the Muslims and eases their difficulties is like the Muslim martyr who might have martyred in the battle of Bader and Uhud.

Edited by ahlulbayti

(bismillah)

(salam)

Our condolences to Hujjeh min ale Muhamed (atfs) on the death anniversary of his great grand father, Imam Muhamed al Baqir (as) .

Lets recite one sura fatiha and 3 ikhlass as hadiya for this Imam (as) .

This is the ziyarat of Aimmah in Baqi: http://www.ziaraat.org/baqi/baqi.php

This is the special salawat: http://www.ziaraat.org/baqi/salwat_baqir.php

Allahumal'an qatalata Muhamed al Baqir (as) !!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Special salwat of Imam Mohammed Baqar a.s please recite it tonight as much as you can

O Allah send blessings on Muhammad bin Ali, who knew "what is what" and made it

known, the true Guide, the lender of the

God-fearing, the most noble among Thy

servants, in his time,

Therefore, O Allah, Thou had

demonstrated him as a model for Thy servants, as a "torch of guidance" in Thy

lands, entrusted to him the responsibility of

preserving Thy wisdom,

and interpreting Thy Book, made it

obligatory to obey him, and avoid strife to

resist his guidance. so, send blessings on him, O Lord, much

and more blessings than Thou had

bestowed on any of the descendants of Thy

Prophets, friends, Messengers and trustees,

O Lord of the Worlds!

Imam Mohammad Baqir"s (A.S) Imamat:

Born in Madina on Ist Rajab 57 Hijri (676 AD), died in Madina on 7th Zilhijja 114 Hijri (733 AD) at the age of 57 years. Period of Imamat 19 years.

After the death of the 4th Imam in 95 Hijri, the caliphs in Damascus were so preoccupied with their conquests of foreign lands that they did not have time to worry about the people in Madina, their loyalties or their hostilities. They were also satisfied that the Imams of the Ahlulbayt would not divulge in any rebellion against them due to the most peaceful and quite life of the 4th Imam Zainul Abedeen (as). They left the people of Madina to their activities in some peace. This was the time Imams of Ahlulbayt were waiting for. Our 5th Imam opened a school to teach Qur"an and Hadith as it was taught by the Holy Prophet and Imam Ali (as).

Imam Muhammad Al-Baqir was said to have been high esteemed for his learning and eloquence as well as on account of his noble birth. According to Ibn Khalikan, the Imam received the title of Baqir (Splitter of knowledge) due to his ample knowledge of Deen and his enthusiasm to teach to other people. Many historians like Yakubi asserts that the Imam split open knowledge, that is scrutinized it and examined the depths of it so that it can be spread to all people truly and correctly.

In his life of respectable and scholarly retirement at Madina, the Imam was frequently called upon to explain particular teachings in regard to Imamat. A synopsis of his teaching in the Ma"athirul-Baqir is given in Cannon Sell"s Ithna Ashariya, an interesting part of which may well be quoted, as it shows the emphasis at this early period on the intellectual and spiritual character of the Imamat.

Imam Mohammad Baqirs Answers to his Companions:

A man one day said to the Imam, "Was the Prophet heir to all the knowledge of the Prophets?" He replied, "Yes" then he was asked whether he had inherited it. He said he had. He was then asked if he could raise the dead to life, restore sight to the blind, and cleanse the leper. He said yes, by valor of God, the most high. He therefore put his hand on the blind eyes of a man sitting next to him and prayed. The next moment the blind man"s eyesight was restored. Many more such stories were told by various historians of the time.

The Imam discoursed fully on many topics such as the nature of the soul and Nafs, the nature and attributes of God, the qualities of the Ulemas. He discouraged arguments about the divine nature, saying that it was not possible for men to understand it.

One day a mu"tazili leader Wasil bin Ata asked the Imam what the anger of God meant. He said, it was simply punishment, but that this anger was not to be compared to the anger of men. God"s nature did not change. He defined a Rasul as a prophet who hears the voice of the angel (of revelation) and sees the angel in a bodily form. A Nabi, he said, is a Prophet who also hears the voice of the angel under the same conditions, but does not see him, and the Imam"s condition is like that of the Nabi but not like that of the Rasul. He said that the

Imams were pure and that the Ahlulbayt were free from sin.

http://www.tebyan.ne....aspx?pid=60745

Edited by Ishraq Abidi

In Islam, Shiism is not something separated from Islam, but it represents Islam in all its morals and human feelings of responsibility toward others.

Imam Al-Baqir was told by a man called Abu Ismail: We have a lot of Shiites. The Imam asked him: “Do the rich give the poor, and does the offended forgives the offender and do they visit one another to offer condolences?”  When the man said that they do not, the Imam said: “Those are not Shiites”. That is because a Shiite is the one who abides by the Islamic morals in the social relationships, thus he helps the poor, forgives the offender, and consoles his brother by himself and by his money, and the one who does not do so, he will be deviate from the path of Islam that is the path of Shiism…

Imam Al-Baqir (a.s.) sent with Khaithama Bin Abd El-Rahman Al-Jaa'fi, one of his companions a letter to his Shiite followers and to all Muslims. He says in the letter: "Convey my greetings to our followers and advise them - it is an advice for us also because we are among his followers and we adhere to their Imamate 
“…And advise them to fear Allah, the Magnificent, tell them that their rich should sympathize with the poor, and the strong should sympathize with the weak. They should attend the funerals of their dead and visit one another, for their meeting keeps our cause alive…, And that they cannot become among our followers except by piety, communication, unity, love, and remembrance of all the vital issues that gather all people. And their main concern is Islam in all its doctrines, rulings, values, and morals…”

The Imam (a.s.) also said: “Kahithama. Tell our followers that nothing will save them when they meet Allah but their good deeds and verily, the most sorrowful person on the Day of Judgment is a man who praises justice but acts against it.

Thus, loyalty is neither a heartbeat nor a sensation, but it is to be loyal to Allah, obey Him, follow the Prophet (p.) and members of the household (a.s.), and adhere to their path in obeying Allah and loving him.

Al-Baqir (a.s.) clarifies to his Shiites that: “ being loyal to us means abiding by the path of Allah and His Prophet (p.), and when you belong to us, the imamate in the path of Islam, this means that you talk to people about justice that this loyalty represents and about the right that it is based on. And if you violate these beliefs, you will be the most sorrowful people on the Day of Judgment because you will be talking to people about justice while acting against it and those who observed what you had said, entered Heaven, while you will go to Hell, because you did not abide by the justice that you had talked about.”

Facing exaggeration

The Imam wanted to put the foundations of the intellectual basis and establish the detailed practical plans in the movement of values through the relationships of the society, so we realize how he used to be scared of exaggeration as a result of the unconscious love. He (a.s.) says: “Oh followers of Ahl Al Beit! Be moderate so that both those who exaggerate and the ones who understate will follow you. When asked by a man of Al-Ansar about those who exaggerate are he answered: ‘They are those who attribute things to us which we do not have” (In other words give us a higher position than God gave us), “Those people do not belong to us and we do not belong to them. By God; we have no guarantee of salvation… we have no special relation with God that obliges Him to save us. Our only way to draw nearer to God is through obedience. Therefore, only those of you who obey God will benefit from being our followers. Oh people! Do not be deceived. Do not be deceived.”

The meaning of Shiism

Shiism does not represent a personal belonging to Ali (a.s.) and his family (the Members of the Household (a.s.)), but rather a belonging to the path of the Prophet (p.) that they followed, worked and struggled for. He also tells the people about how to be real Shiites. He says to Jabir bin Abdallah: “Is it enough for a person to embellish himself as our Shi'a (follower) by professing love for us, the Ahlelbeit? Nay! By Allah, a person is not our follower unless he fears Allah and obeys Him. Our followers are only recognized, O Jabir, by their humbleness, submission, honesty, abundant praise of Allah, fasting and prayers; goodness to their parents; attention to the poor, needy, debtors and orphans living nearby; speaking the truth; recitation of the Quran; holding their tongues except for good words; and trustworthiness towards relatives in all affairs.”

If a man says I love the Messenger but does not follow his teachings, his love will do him no good. Therefore be pious and know that has a special relationship with God. God loves those of you who are pious and obedient most. We have no power to save you from the fire! And God is not obliged under any circumstances to save you either. Whoever obeys God is one of our followers and whoever disobeys Him is one of our enemies. Being one of our followers cannot be attained other than thorough hard work and piety.”

O Jabir, without 'ita'ah' (obedience and submission), nobody can attain
proximity to Allah. We do not like them to claim to be our friends if
they do not fulfill all the conditions. A sinful person is our enemy. Without good deeds and abstinence from sins, any claim of friendship to usis of no avail.

The sacrifice in Ali's (a.s.) loyalty

Al-Baqir (a.s.) clarifies the characteristics of the Shiites in another way. He says (a.s.): “Ali’s Shiites are those who help, love and visit one another – those who visit one another and do not conspire to ruin people or deform a person's image, but to revive Allah's religion that the Prophet (p.) and the Imams (a.s.) (his household) have lived for the sake of reviving.” Those, who if they get angry, do not become unjust, but rather stay well-balanced, and do not wrong the one whom they are angry with, and those who when pleased, will not over spend, if they love, they do not exaggerate in their love and do not give the one whom they love more than what he deserves… But, unfortunately, we raise those whom we love, to the highest ranks, and put down those whom we dislike to the lowest ranks. For that reason, we should be the well-balanced people who give everyone his right. So, we should not wrong anyone's right or raise any one more than he deserves, those who would be a blessing to their neighbors and peaceful to those whom they deal with.

http://english.bayynat.org/infallibles/infallible_Baqir.htm#.UtJ-Tnk6FyQ

Beautiful topic, I thought to share this book link:merits of Shi'ah by Sudouq

http://www.najaf.org/english/book/23/

Qualities of Shia "sifatul shia" by Sudouq

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/30807/sifat-ush-shia-the-qualities-of-the-shia

Edited by IbnSohan

these also might be helpful:

وَ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ ص‏ أَنَّهُ قَالَ لِلْمُفَضَّلِ‏ أَيْ مُفَضَّلُ قُلْ لِشِيعَتِنَا كُونُوا دُعَاةً إِلَيْنَا بِالْكَفِّ عَنْ مَحَارِمِ اللَّهِ وَ اجْتِنَابِ مَعَاصِيهِ وَ اتِّبَاعِ رِضْوَانِ اللَّهِ فَإِنَّهُمْ إِذَا كَانُوا كَذَلِكَ كَانَ النَّاسُ إِلَيْنَا مُسَارِعِينَ.

Imam Sadiq  (as)  told Mofadhal:

O Mufadhal! tell our shiites to bring others to us by refraining from sins and following Allah's orders, if they are like this (refrain from sins and follow Allah's orders) people will faster come to us.

ثُمَّ قَالَ مَنْ أَذَاعَ لَنَا سِرّاً فَقَدْ نَصَبَ لَنَا الْعَدَاوَةَ ثُمَّ قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبِي رِضْوَانُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهِ يَقُولُ مَنْ أَذَاعَ سِرَّنَا ثُمَّ وَصَلَنَا بِجِبَالٍ مِنْ ذَهَبٍ لَمْ يَزْدَدْ مِنَّا إِلَّا بُعْداً.

then he said: whoever discloses our secrets, he surely has launched a war against us; I heard my father saying: whoever discloses our secrets then gives us mountains of gold, that would not benefit him with anything but getting him further from us.

وَ عَنْ أَبِي عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ص‏ أَنَّهُ قَالَ لِبَعْضِ أَصْحَابِهِ اكْتُمْ سِرَّنَا وَ لَا تُذِعْهُ فَإِنَّهُ مَنْ كَتَمَ سِرَّنَا فَلَمْ يُذِعْهُ أَعَزَّهُ اللَّهُ بِهِ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَ الْآخِرَةِ وَ مَنْ أَذَاعَ سِرَّنَا وَ لَمْ يَكْتُمْهُ أَذَلَّهُ اللَّهُ بِهِ فِي الدُّنْيَا وَ الْآخِرَةِ وَ نَزَعَ النُّورَ مِنْ بَيْنِ عَيْنَيْهِ إِنَّ أَبِي رِضْوَانُ اللَّهِ عَلَيْهِ وَ صَلَوَاتُهُ كَانَ يَقُولُ إِنَّ التَّقِيَّةَ مِنْ دِينِي‏ وَ دِين‏آبَائِي وَ لَا دِينَ لِمَنْ لَا تَقِيَّةَ لَهُ وَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ أَنْ يُعْبَدَ فِي السِّرِّ كَمَا يُحِبُّ أَنْ يُعْبَدَ فِي الْعَلَانِيَةِ وَ الْمُذِيعُ لِأَمْرِنَا كَالْجَاحِدِ لَهُ.

and Imam al-Saadiq  (as)  told one of his companions: hide our secret and do not disclose it, for whoever keeps our secret and does not disclose it, Allah honors him with it in here and hereafter, and whoever discloses our secret and not hide it, Allah smites him with it in here and hereafter, and the light will be taken away of him. my Father may Allah's pleasure and blessings be upon him used to say: for sure Taqiyyah is my deen and it is the deen of my fathers, and there is no deen for someone who does not observe taqiyyah  ... anyone who disclose our secret is like an enemy to us.

I think a real shia is someone who practically follows his Imams (as)  and gains people respect for his imams and their school of thought, not who acts foolishly and curse other people's holy figures. the latter is really easy  while the former is a lifelong job.

Imam al Baqir (as) - "Our followers are of three kinds, one who follows us but depends on others, one who is like a glass involved in his own reflections, but the there are those who are like gold, the more they suffer the more they shine!".

Imam al-Baqir (AS) said, ‘Perhaps you think that Allah has only created this single world, and you think that Allah has not created anyone other than yourselves! Nay by Allah, verily Allah has created a million worlds and a million Adams and you are in the last of these worlds and of the last Adams.'

الإمامُ الباقرُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) : لَعلّكَ تَرى أنَّ اللّه‏َ إنّما خَلقَ هذا العالَمَ الواحِدَ ، وتَرى أنَّ اللّه‏َ لَم يَخْلُقْ بَشَرا غَيرَكُم ! بلى واللّه‏ِ ، لَقد خَلقَ اللّه‏ُ ألفَ ألفِ عالَمٍ ، وألْفَ ألفِ آدمَ ، أنتَ في آخِرِ تِلكَ العوالِمِ واُولئكَ الآدَمِيّينَ. 

Touhid Sadouq, P. 277, No. 2