Natsu

Shia and sunnis

Rate this topic

Sometimes i wonder,what if the sunnis are right and the shias are wrong and sometimes the opposite

i’m a shia myself but this has bothered me for a while, 

i always wonder what prophet muhammad (p.b.u.h) meant when he took imam ali’s hand and said who follows me follows ali

well,i truly hope that both shia and sunnis are practicing islam the right way but it still bothers me

i would appreciate it if someone comes up with an answer

thanx :)

Everything has been answered in the above video,

in the video there are 2 Sunni liars , and their lies are shown by text on the video.

all of them have references in Sunnis books , but they are ignorant people.

1 hour ago, Natsu said:

Sometimes i wonder,what if the sunnis are right and the shias are wrong and sometimes the opposite

You could extend this hypothetical to Christians, Wiccans, atheists, or whomever you like. 

What does “right” and “wrong” mean exactly”? That they are saying the truth? Isn’t the truth what persists and what is false will perish? 

That absolute point of clarity is way beyond our natural lifetime, but while living, we can still get pretty close.

1 hour ago, Natsu said:

i always wonder what prophet muhammad (p.b.u.h) meant when he took imam ali’s hand and said who follows me follows ali

well,i truly hope that both shia and sunnis are practicing islam the right way but it still bothers me

I believe that if you look at the most fundamental principle in islam - Tawheed, you will have no doubt that shia islam is the correct path. 

8 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

When you've tasted the pure teachings of Ahlulbayt (as), there is nothing that can replace it. 

When I was young, I use to have these random thoughts, that maybe we're wrong after all. I wasn't certain in the Imamate, Ahlulbayt (as) etc. However the more I gain knowledge the more I realize that the madhab of Imam Jafar Al Sadiq (as) is the only madhab which is based on rationality and truth. 

We Shias have absolutely nothing to lose by following the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)'s pure household. Allah will not punish us for not respecting the companions who didn't treat Ahlulabyt (as) in the best way. Our position is rational - to not respect those who didn't support Ahlulabyt (as).

Sunnis have a lot to lose, by praising certain companions who have not been on the side of Ahlulbayt (as). Their position is not based on logic, as they support their enemies, relying on guess work that everything was alright after the demise of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). In addition, they reject Imamah which is a universal law created by Allah. In the Quran Allah says that he will raise us with the Imam of our time. What will Sunnis argue?

Thank you brother thats what i needed to hear ;)

On Sat Apr 21 2018 at 7:20 AM, Natsu said:

In the End...

our FREEWILL will be VICTORIOUS inshaAllaah

Something happened 1400 years back between our Prophet (pbuh), Ahlelbayt (pbut) and Sahabas... but we were not there... 

Today we read/heard both sides of the story the Sunni side... the Shia side... And yes everybody claims they follow the Prophet (pbuh) the best... 

Only difference is...

Few of us CHOSE  to stand by the Ahlelbayt of Prophet (bpuh) recognising the conspiracy of the majority Sahabas

and Many of us CHOSE to stand by the majority Sahabas of Prophet (pbuh) neglecting the status of Ahlelbayt of Prophet (pbuh) 

CHOICE is/was always ours...

FREEWILL was created for a REASON.

AQL n FREEWILL of SHIAS will be justified on the Day of Judgement... inshaAllaah...

So dont be confuse and bother yourself... take it easy... More n more Sunnis are choosing Shia Islam by their FREEWILL... its so inspiring... 

Those who are born Shias may not understand the state of mind the Sunni to Shia reverts go through. The moment we revert to Shia Islam first thing we wish in our life is that may our Family/Friends should revert to Shia/ Truth too. And this wish gives us sleepless nights too. Everybody wish to see their Parents and Siblings in Jannat too. 

- Ex-Sunni

On 21-4-2018 at 3:50 AM, Natsu said:

It's simple. Follow imam Ali a.s. in words, deeds and attitude.

The Prophet is more worthy of the believers than themselves, and his wives are [in the position of] their mothers. And those of [blood] relationship are more entitled [to inheritance] in the decree of Allah than the [other] believers and the emigrants, except that you may do to your close associates a kindness [through bequest]. That was in the Book inscribed. Quran 33:6

On 21-4-2018 at 4:26 AM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Their position is not based on logic, as they support their enemies, relying on guess work that everything was alright after the demise of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Politics.

AhlusSunnahwalJamaa simply means the sunnah according to the mass which accepted those in charge even when they had no legitimacy to rule.

If it seems that the Ahl al-Bayt indeed has a more elevated status than the Sahaba a lot of rulers and conquests will lose legitimacy or are not backed by the true spirit of islam itself.

This conciliation policy only works as long the Ahl al-Bayt has no status that does not extinguish them from the Sahaba. If not then their whole reconcilliation fallacy will crumble.

Edited by Faruk

11 hours ago, Faruk said:

If it seems that the Ahl al-Bayt indeed has a more elevated status than the Sahaba a lot of rulers and conquests will lose legitimacy or are not backed by the true spirit of islam itself.

This jail was the jail that imam Ali al Hadi, 10th Imam of Shia's (as) locked up in Samara ,name one of Sahaba that rulers prisoned after Islam & get in trouble for sake of Islam because he had right for leading muslims other than anybody.

8 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

This jail was the jail that imam Ali al Hadi, 10th Imam of Shia's (as) locked up in Samara ,name one of Sahaba that rulers prisoned after Islam & get in trouble for sake of Islam because he had right for leading muslims other than anybody.

وَسَيَعْلَمُ الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا أَيَّ مُنقَلَبٍ يَنقَلِبُونَ

On 4/20/2018 at 9:50 PM, Natsu said:

The main struggle is between sources when you strip it down. The Shia lean on sources which are Muhammad's (SAW) family. The Sunni lean on sources which are Muhammad's (SAW) friends. Now to be real, people say and do different things when in a family setting and when in a setting with friends. For example, if I were to ask you to describe your father--you would most likely have only good things to say about him. If I were to ask one of your father's closest friends to describe your father--he may have a mixed bag of things to say because he has seen a side of your father that you may have not seen. Does that make sense? That is why I think it is foolish to totally abolish hadiths from Abu Bakr for example. We as Shias may not like him, but at the end of the day he was our Prophet's best friend whether we like it or not. (I also know I am going to get heat for saying that on SC)

Also, I am sorry if the example was offensive. I was just trying to provide a real world scenario.

Edited by 786:)

9 hours ago, 786:) said:

The main struggle is between sources when you strip it down. The Shia lean on sources which are Muhammad's (SAW) family. The Sunni lean on sources which are Muhammad's (SAW) friends. Now to be real, people say and do different things when in a family setting and when in a setting with friends. For example, if I were to ask you to describe your father--you would most likely have only good things to say about him. If I were to ask one of your father's closest friends to describe your father--he may have a mixed bag of things to say because he has seen a side of your father that you may have not seen. Does that make sense? That is why I think it is foolish to totally abolish hadiths from Abu Bakr for example. We as Shias may not like him, but at the end of the day he was our Prophet's best friend whether we like it or not. (I also know I am going to get heat for saying that on SC)

Also, I am sorry if the example was offensive. I was just trying to provide a real world scenario.

Nah i dont hate any of the sahabas,just dont like the fact that they some of them didnt follow imam ali just becuz he was too young to be a leader

On 4/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, 786:) said:

We as Shias may not like him, but at the end of the day he was our Prophet's best friend whether we like it or not. (I also know I am going to get heat for saying that on SC)

Yes certainly you will, at least from me. 

وَمَا مُحَمَّدٌ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ 

Abu Bakr was only a companion, not a friend. Those who ally themselves with Allah (s.w.t) & Prophet (S), they are the Hizbullah (5:56). And wait a second, lets see the complete verse quoted above:
وَمَا مُحَمَّدٌ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ أَفَإِن مَّاتَ أَوْ قُتِلَ انقَلَبْتُمْ عَلَى أَعْقَابِكُمْ وَمَن يَنقَلِبْ عَلَىَ عَقِبَيْهِ فَلَن يَضُرَّ اللّهَ شَيْئًا وَسَيَجْزِي اللّهُ الشَّاكِرِينَ

"And Muhammad is no more than a messenger; the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful." (3:144)

In light of the above highlighted part of the verse, I demand from you to prove the "friendship" of Abu-Bakr with Prophet.

On 4/23/2018 at 6:55 PM, 786:) said:

but at the end of the day he was our Prophet's best friend whether we like it or not. (I also know I am going to get heat for saying that on SC)

Salam ,prophet had many friends & Abubakr was one of them ,He & Oweis didn't see each other but prophet loved him more than many of Sahabas but didn't make him the leader after him ,current problem is that in Sunni community the position of Abubakr & Umar is exaggerating too much ,Abubakr before death of prophet was a good friend for prophet but after that he take the position & responsibility that he couldn't afford it & not belongs to him . 

Beware! By Allah, the son of Abu Quhafah (Abu Bakr)2 dressed himself with it (the caliphate) and he certainly knew that my position in relation to it was the same as the position of the axis in relation to the hand-mill. The flood water flows down from me and the bird cannot fly upto me. I put a curtain against the caliphate and kept myself detached from it.

Then I began to think whether I should assault or endure calmly the blinding darkness of tribulations wherein the grown up are made feeble and the young grow old and the true believer acts under strain till he meets Allah (on his death).

https://www.al-islam.org/caliphate-imamate-ahmad-namaee/abu-bakr-s-caliphate

7 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

Yes certainly you will, at least from me. 

وَمَا مُحَمَّدٌ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ 

Abu Bakr was only a companion, not a friend. Those who ally themselves with Allah (s.w.t) & Prophet (S), they are the Hizbullah (5:56). And wait a second, lets see the complete verse quoted above:
وَمَا مُحَمَّدٌ إِلاَّ رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِن قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ أَفَإِن مَّاتَ أَوْ قُتِلَ انقَلَبْتُمْ عَلَى أَعْقَابِكُمْ وَمَن يَنقَلِبْ عَلَىَ عَقِبَيْهِ فَلَن يَضُرَّ اللّهَ شَيْئًا وَسَيَجْزِي اللّهُ الشَّاكِرِينَ

"And Muhammad is no more than a messenger; the messengers have already passed away before him; if then he dies or is killed will you turn back upon your heels? And whoever turns back upon his heels, he will by no means do harm to Allah in the least and Allah will reward the grateful." (3:144)

In light of the above highlighted part of the verse, I demand from you to prove the "friendship" of Abu-Bakr with Prophet.

6 hours ago, Shi3i_jadeed said:

Abu Bakr was so much a friend of the prophet (sawa), that he helped in the killing of his daughter Fatima (sa)... As much of a friend as Abdullah Ibn Ubayy. 

I know you two will disagree with me nor will I try to prove anything to you as your hatred will triumph over anything rational I offer. To me, it is pretty clear that the Prophet (SAW) considered Abu Bakr a friend during his lifetime. Whatever your opinion may be of what happened after the Prophet's (SAW) death is a different story. I dont see things black and white as many Sunnis and Shias do though. So dont be alarmed by my opinions. However, Abu Bakr's relationship with the Prophet (SAW) was not the main takeaway from my post.

Edited by 786:)

On 4/20/2018 at 9:50 PM, Natsu said:

As a former Sunni, I can tell you that when in literally dozens of authentic narrations the hadith of Thaqlayn states "I am leaving behing two equally weighty things, Quran and Ahle Bayt A.S" and when NO WHERE in the Sahih Sittah (the 6 books which are the cornerstone and whole basis of the school of 'Ahle Sunnah') it says " I leave behind Quran and Sunnah" and when virtually EVERY Sunni mosque or lecturer that I have ever heard or know of has always says "leave behind the Quran and Sunnah" then I know very well with ZERO doubt which school is deliberately hiding something and therefore wrong. 

Edited by Kirmani

18 hours ago, 786:) said:

I know you two will disagree with me nor will I try to prove anything to you as your hatred will triumph over anything rational I offer.

:) I wish you have anything "rational" with you to prove your claim.

18 hours ago, 786:) said:

To me, it is pretty clear that the Prophet (SAW) considered Abu Bakr a friend during his lifetime.

With this sentence you're proving that Abu Bakr was never a friend of Prophet (S). 

Prophet (S), in his last days, commanded him to join the Jesh-e-Usama and leave madina. We see what happened in the Islamic History.
Prophet (S) elected Usama as the commander of Jesh-e-Usama, we can see in the Islamic History, which true friends have logged objections on his selection. 
We see in battles of Uhad, Khayber, Trench, Hunain etc, how these alleged true friends have abandoned Prophet in some instances & ran away from the ground in some instance & avoided to go forth & fight with Amr bin Abdawad at one instance. These are just few accounts of what I know about his sincerity to Prophet (S).

Do you think Prophet never knew the ta'veel of these following verses?

وَيَوْمَ يَعَضُّ الظَّالِمُ عَلَىٰ يَدَيْهِ يَقُولُ يَا لَيْتَنِي اتَّخَذْتُ مَعَ الرَّسُولِ سَبِيلًا

يَا وَيْلَتَىٰ لَيْتَنِي لَمْ أَتَّخِذْ فُلَانًا خَلِيلًا 

لَقَدْ أَضَلَّنِي عَنِ الذِّكْرِ بَعْدَ إِذْ جَاءَنِي ۗ وَكَانَ الشَّيْطَانُ لِلْإِنْسَانِ خَذُولًا 

(25:27-29)

Now I demand you to prove your claim that Prophet considered Abu Bakr a "friend" during his lifetime in light of the above quoted verses. 
How dare you have tried to raise the status of Abu Bakr from what has been mentioned in the following verse of Quran?

إِذْ يَقُولُ لِصَاحِبِهِ لَا تَحْزَنْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَنَا
"when he said to his companion: grieve not, surely Allah is with us" (9:40)

You have made him his friend! 
Ahhh, wait, they say one meaning of "Wali" is friend. Show me where Prophet has said Abu Bakr is his "Wali" or a "khalil" or a "siddiq".

[Shakir 3:28] Let not the believers take the unbelievers for friends rather than believers (Awliya is translated as friend)
[Shakir 25:28] O woe is me! would that I had not taken such a one for a friend ! (Khaleel is translated as friend)

Even the Sunni's don't claim that Abu Bakr was a friend of Prophet. They have a hadith in their books and it mentions this:

“If I had taken anyone as my closest friend I would have taken Abu Bakr, but he is my brother and companion,” 

We know Abu Bakr as a companion of Prophet only. Abu Bakr is not even fit for the definition of "friend" so selecting him as "closest friend" is far beyond any intellectual comprehension. 

Edited by Salsabeel