Hamodiii

Oneness of Allah

Rate this topic

Ever heard the phrase ''You don't understand the oneness of Allah without loving Ahlulbayt.''?

How true do you think it is? I find it logical, cause it is our duty to love them.

I think ahl al bayt help guide you to understand the oneness of Allah. But I don't think it's right to just make that statement, I think it's too restrictive. Idk really...  the oneness of Allah is the concept of just truly believing in Him solely and His power. If you rely on ahl al bayt for the belief and understanding of Allah wouldn't that make your Iman a little weak because it's not solely coming from you? 

This is literally just my opinion, I'm not disrespecting the ahl al bayt or their importance in any way. 

Edited by Amira00

If you don't love ahl al bayt you can still believe in Allah. There are good Sunni Muslims you know...there are a few lapses between Shias and sunnis but sunnis ( or just muslims who don't necessarily love ahl al bayt) do still believe in the basics and foundation of Islam i.e salah , sawm, tawhid etc. 

I think the two are independent of each other. Maybe, after you've got the iman in the oneness of Allah, then you can strengthen it through ahl al bayt.

1 minute ago, Amira00 said:

If you don't love ahl al bayt you can still believe in Allah. There are good Sunni Muslims you know...there are a few lapses between Shias and sunnis but sunnis ( or just muslims who don't necessarily love ahl al bayt) do still believe in the basics and foundation of Islam i.e salah , sawm, tawhid etc. 

I think the two are independent of each other. Maybe, after you've got the iman in the oneness of Allah, then you can strengthen it through ahl al bayt.

But not loving them is like telling Allah I want to disobey, which is shirk.

6 hours ago, Amira00 said:

There are good Sunni Muslims you know...there are a few lapses between Shias and sunnis but sunnis ( or just muslims who don't necessarily love ahl al bayt)

Salam Sunni muslims love Ahlulbayt (as) but groups like Wahabist that they don't love Ahlulbayt (as) are trying to replace love of Sahaba by love of them although they dont love both of them .

On 4/17/2018 at 3:00 PM, Hamodiii said:

Ever heard the phrase ''You don't understand the oneness of Allah without loving Ahlulbayt.''?

How true do you think it is? I find it logical, cause it is our duty to love them.

There is a hadith:

Prophet (S) Said: "O Ali, none has recognized Allah, the Almighty except me and you, and none has recognized me except Allah and you, and none has recognized you except Allah and I."

It is also said by Prophet (S): I am the city of knowledge & Ali is its gate. 

So brother, for better understanding of oneness of Allah we are in need of those who recognize oneness of Allah (Touheed). They are Prophet Muhammad & his Ahlul Bayt (peace & blessings of Allah be upon them). Those who want to explore the city of knowledge, are commanded to enter into the city of knowledge through its gate, which is Imam Ali (a.s). Loving them is a command of Allah (s.w.t) & on the other hand it is our very need. Without loving them, we cannot understand anything of the religion properly. Our claim of "love for Ahlul Bayt (asws)" should be in the form of our actions, following them, obeying them & accepting their commands in true letter & spirit.

On 4/17/2018 at 5:00 PM, Hamodiii said:

Who teach you/us/human in understanding the oneness of Allah SWT ? - Ahlul Bayt a.s.

What is the consequence of understanding the oneness of Allah SWT ? - Due to raise in knowledge level in understanding the oneness of Allah SWT, we do thanks/syukr to Allah SWT and to the teacher (Ahlul Bayt a.s.). Thanking is one of act of loving Ahlul Bayt a.s.

1 hour ago, myouvial said:

Who teach you/us/human in understanding the oneness of Allah SWT ? - Ahlul Bayt a.s.

What is the consequence of understanding the oneness of Allah SWT ? - Due to raise in knowledge level in understanding the oneness of Allah SWT, we do thanks/syukr to Allah SWT and to the teacher (Ahlul Bayt a.s.). Thanking is one of act of loving Ahlul Bayt a.s.

Due to raise in knowledge level in understanding the oneness of Allah SWT

===> for common human, due to raise in eagerness, tools in understanding all of His creations (including himself/common human) making the level of science of the word, utilization of earth and what is in its above (plant, animal, sun, planet etc) and below (minerals etc) better for the goodness human being in this dunia and akhirat.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:30 PM, Amira00 said:

Assalamun Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Agreed.  Ahlul Bayt (AS) are means/intermediaries to reach to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى.  Also, we ought not to forget only "loving" Ahlul Bayt (AS) is not enough.  There is a need to "love" and "follow" Ahlul Bayt (AS) in our daily lives. The phrase ought to be ''You don't understand the oneness of Allah without loving and following the Ahlulbayt"