Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Atheism is on the rise, and in the next generation, religion is going to be taking a massive hit. Not surprising given most religions are distorted and make little sense and are built on weak grounds, but the worrying thing is that there is a rise of Atheism. This is one of the things our Ulema and scholars should be pouring millions into , training people in these Hawzahs to a higher level when it comes to combatting it. Your kids are going to grow up in an Atheist dominant society. If you're in the UK, that has already long begun. It is going to get much, much worse, so strap your seatbelts. 

Just to note, while 'no religion' can include pure Deism , the reality is most of them are by far Atheists and not pure Deists. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43485581

 

_100514397_religionpiechart.jpg

 

 

Good news for us, Islam is doing relatively well given the percentage they make up in the UK. However, most of those are Salafi or Sunni, and Salafi is the largest growing Islamic denomination, because they perform by far the most Dawah efforts, with Shias performing the least. This problem was discussed on Ahlulbayt TV under the video 'How can we increase/improve our D'awah'.

The choice is up to us really after reading this. Some of us will choose to do nothing (including reading and being more informed and the like). Some will choose to do something. 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You must have missed the headline, 25 is the new 15 in the west.

These " So Called " intellectuals who fund and produce these stats. Are also aware and is a proven Fact that Teenage is a rebellious age. 

Meaning, YOU Question ---Everything.  Plus, certain abilities have not fully matured yet, like -Impact of  Consequences of their actions...its takes time, and if you were spoon fed and some one pampered you and have entitlement issues it takes a while ,....new age of maturity is a moving target. 

To point to an "age group" that proven to is questioning its belief system in ANY Society, is Intellectual Dishonesty. 

This is how the one who made them made it for a reason. Your question the norms, your up bringing, challenge brainwashing/indoctrination  and you FIND your way based on your own work/understanding.

They are very individualistic at this age, with modern school system and the length it takes to complete your Degree. People are distracted with material gains and stuff ( Career planing/Job ) because of the materialistic focus . Plus This day and age Misinformation , distractions are every where, so most are lost. Still figuring out. 25 -30 is where they may refocus again. 

Edited by S.M.H.A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, S.M.H.A. said:

You must have missed the headline, 25 is the new 15 in the west.

These " So Called " intellectuals who fund and produce these stats. Are also aware and is a proven Fact that Teenage is a rebellious age. 

Meaning, YOU Question ---Everything.  Plus, certain abilities have not fully matured yet, like -Impact of  Consequences of their actions...its takes time, and if you were spoon fed and some one pampered you and have entitlement issues it takes a while ,....new age of maturity is a moving target. 

To point to an "age group" that proven to is questioning its belief system in ANY Society, is Intellectual Dishonesty. 

This is how the one who made them made it for a reason. Your question the norms, your up bringing, challenge brainwashing/indoctrination  and you FIND your way based on your own work/understanding.

They are very individualistic at this age, with modern school system and the length it takes to complete your Degree. People are distracted with material gains and stuff ( Career planing/Job ) because of the materialistic focus . Plus This day and age Misinformation , distractions are every where, so most are lost. Still figuring out. 25 -30 is where they may refocus again. 

While you make a good point , i don't think this is necessarily accurate for this scenario brother, although these are definitely worthy points that deserve some consideration. Here is why:

1. The headline was 16-29, and that is an age range that captures the current and or millennial generation , particularly those groups that may have been still young at the rise of New Atheism. An age range up to 29 clearly demonstrates you are now leaving 'rebellious teenage age' and are entering a much more serious stage. 

2. If you performed this poll 20 years ago, far more 16-29 year olds would have identified as 'Christian' and there would have been far fewer Atheists, and so this demonstrates a shift in demographics that is generational. 

3. Is is quite evident that religious belief has also dropped among people that are age 29-40 in the UK as well, although not to the level of 16-29 year olds. This again proves a shift away from religion and the rise of Atheism. The reason why the drop in 29-40 is less than 16-29 among many factors, is the fact this age bracket has been most exposed to New Atheism and the current climate and popular culture that is heavily geared towards Atheism. Of course, a small factor might also be that they are in a stage they are not convinced of what to follow but this is secondary i feel to the rise of Atheism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

The choice is up to us really after reading this. Some of us will choose to do nothing (including reading and being more informed and the like). Some will choose to do something. 

:salam:

Brother how can we rely on their research, it can be another psychological war. There are some other researches which gives an opposite picture. They believe muslims are expanding faster than any other religion.

Edited by SIAR14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of these will probably be called "no faith": 

Atheism and agnosticism are very different.

There are atheists, and then there are Atheists. 

And then there are people who believe in God but are raised in non-religious families, and people who don't know what they believe but know they disagree with their parents' beliefs. 

Further, the answers are quite likely to depend on the wording of the questions and the segment of the population sampled. I don't necessarily question the validity the survey, just its interpretation and relevance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohamed1993 said:

No religion could also mean they believe in God but no organized religion. 

I mentioned this in the original post. However, i don't believe Deism makes a significant percentage of that 70% in my opinion.  A lot of agnostics are actually just Atheists - but on a lower level of Atheism.  The bottom line is, there is a clear trend towards no religion, and by extension on the most part, no belief in God that has not been seen on this level in previous generations. People are not abandoning organised religion en-masse and adopting Deistic beliefs, but adopting varying degrees of Atheistic beliefs.

It's extremely worrying. This is actually very worrying. 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SIAR14 said:

:salam:

Brother how can we rely on their research, it can be another psychological war. There are some other researches which gives an opposite picture. They believe muslims are expanding faster than any other religion.

Islam is the fastest growing religion (due to birth rates, conversions) , but Atheism isn't considered a religion in these surveys, and non-belief is actually the fastest growing belief system. If the world lasts that long, by 2050 i strongly believe Atheism and its various forms and levels (agnostic atheists etc) are going to be the dominant belief system, Christianity will be pulverised or greatly weakened and many who claim to be Christians will do so only by name and will not be practising - like today but much worse. Islam will be the only group that retains integrity but a lot of modernisers and reformists will gain more voice and power.

 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprised about this. But you'll often find this group (youths in general) to be the most progressive (labour/corbyn supporters), least racist and least judgemental people.

I think they are generally fed up of organized religion telling them how they'll end up in hell for not believing or believing in the wrong god.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shiasoldier786 said:

Not surprised about this. But you'll often find this group (youths in general) to be the most progressive (labour/corbyn supporters), least racist and least judgemental people.

I think they are generally fed up of organized religion telling them how they'll end up in hell for not believing or believing in the wrong god.

There are good things about not being brainwashed by your parents or previous culture, but we can't throw the baby out with the bathwatar. If the previous generation have held backward ideas due to being sheep who couldn't think for themselves and by free-minded and just follow the herd, it doesn't mean every belief they held was wrong.

Belief in God = right.

Christianity/Jesus is God/he died for your sins = wrong.

Racism and centre-right political beliefs =wrong. (in my view)

 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, shiasoldier786 said:

Not surprised about this. But you'll often find this group (youths in general) to be the most progressive (labour/corbyn supporters), least racist and least judgemental people.

I think they are generally fed up of organized religion telling them how they'll end up in hell for not believing or believing in the wrong god.

As an additional note, even if they are 'fed up' of their parents religion, they then go into one of the varying levels of Atheism and often throw out and throw away the existence of God. Atheism is incredibly popular among the young in the UK, and we are an extremely secular country where Christianity is far weaker than it is in America. New Atheism has taken the youth by storm, and they wield enormous influence.  Remember also, a lot of the ones who put down Christian are of a large group of non-practising Christians who might just actually be 'agnostics', and perhaps even on one of the lower level of Atheism. Saying 'i don't know if God exists or not' is a form of Atheism because you don't believe he exists. Sure, there are some with more conviction but it is all on a spectrum.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimate responsibility for the crisis we are in falls on every individual, as per their means, to act, but above that, falls on the shoulders of our scholars and our sheikhs , who have the funds, the resources and the ability if they want, to put forth a genuine effort against Atheism. As usual, change will not occur from the top down, but we have to lobby, pressure and aware these figures in power until action happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Islam will be the only group that retains integrity but a lot of modernisers and reformists will gain more voice and power.

 

InshAllah Islam will prevail in his perfect way under the guidance of Imam e Zamana (A.S).

17:81 And say, "Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, [by nature], ever bound to depart."

Edited by SIAR14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×