Rate this topic

There is a famous hadith that is commonly said on the pulpits in which imam says that infallibility does not mean they can't commit sin but they won't commit sin because of their taqwa. The imam asks a person to walk down the street naked and the person says no and then the imam says why and the person says because other people will see and then the imam says this is what infallibility is. They can commit sin but won't because they are always conscious of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. What is the source of this hadith and is it authentic?

20 minutes ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

Thats what im asking

Okay. I replied to you so that all the people who are following me will see your topic, and if they know the answer they will reply. :)  

19 hours ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

There is a famous hadith that is commonly said on the pulpits in which imam says that infallibility does not mean they can't commit sin but they won't commit sin because of their taqwa. The imam asks a person to walk down the street naked and the person says no and then the imam says why and the person says because other people will see and then the imam says this is what infallibility is. They can commit sin but won't because they are always conscious of Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. What is the source of this hadith and is it authentic?

If you want to learn about infallibility of Imams the following links will be helpful:

:https://shiasunniinfo.wordpress.com/2013/06/09/shias-belief-about-infallibility-of-the-imams/

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2010/10/saheeh-hadeeth-on-infallibility-of.html

https://www.al-islam.org/shia-rebuts-sayyid-rida-husayni-nasab/question-6-why-do-you-regard-your-imams-as-infallible-masum

Edited by skyweb1987

On 3/22/2018 at 10:38 PM, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

anyone?

On 3/22/2018 at 4:38 PM, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

It sounds unauthentic to me because of two main reason:

1. Imam do not command indecencies like what is mentioned in this alleged hadith (to walk down the street naked).
2. Imam knows his status that if he ask or say something to anyone, it will become obligatory on listener to obey his command. 

For instance, if Imam asked me to walk down the street naked, I would have obeyed his command without hesitation and without wasting a second.

Edited by Salsabeel

There is a famous hadith that is commonly said on the pulpits

You are referring to an example not the hadith. 

For example, it is within the power of any person to go naked on the streets. But would a person who was brought up as a good Muslim, ever think of doing so? No, because it is far below his dignity to behave in this way. It is not impossible for him to do so, but he will never even imagine of doing so. Why? Because he has been taught and brought up with the idea that such behaviour will tarnish his honour and is beneath the dignity of a civilized human being.

Similarly, though a ma'sum has the ability to commit sin, he never even imagines of committing a sin because (a) the love for God in his heart leaves no room for displeasing Him by committing sins, and (b) he is full aware of the consequences of committing sins.

This is just an example not the hadith. 

https://www.al-islam.org/ismat-infallibility-of-prophets-in-the-quran-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi/definition-ismah

2 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

You are referring to an example not the hadith. 

This is just an example not the hadith. 

https://www.al-islam.org/ismat-infallibility-of-prophets-in-the-quran-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi/definition-ismah

no it is a hadith i have heard it been said on the pulpits. I think the imam says in the hadith 'would you walk down the street naked' so there you go. imam was not commanding someone to walk down the street naked.

1 hour ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

no it is a hadith i have heard it been said on the pulpits. I think the imam says in the hadith 'would you walk down the street naked' so there you go. imam was not commanding someone to walk down the street naked.

If you consider that it is a hdith, i may like to see the reference. 

Otherwise you seem to be spreading lies on purified imams

Edited by skyweb1987

We don't need traditions to prove Ahlulbayt (Allah's peace and blessings be upon them)'s infallibility, we have Ayah al-Tatheer:

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful,

Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification. [33:33] 

6 hours ago, Iraqi_Gladiator said:

We don't need traditions to prove Ahlulbayt (Allah's peace and blessings be upon them)'s infallibility, we have Ayah al-Tatheer:

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful,

Allah intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet's] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification. [33:33] 

the hadith i want is very specific thought and explains infallibility 

58 minutes ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

the hadith i want is very specific thought and explains infallibility 

I get what you mean, but it is because of the devotion and piety of the Prophet and his Household (Allah's peace and blessings be upon them) that prevents them from committing sins. 

You don't need a tradition to authenticate and confirm this, - Because, the angels are infallible, but the humans are better than them, even if they weren't infallible (as them), because the angels have no freewill, they only worship Allah - So, when a human does a good deed or worships Allah and reads The Holy Qur'an his reward is greater than of an angel, because it's of his own freewill. So, if a human becomes infallible, like the prophets, and the Prophet and his Household (Allah's peace and blessings be upon them) by their piety, because they're humans and not angels, i.e, the humans are better (than of) the angels, because the deeds that they do are of their own freewill, and the angels have no freewill whatsoever. So, when a prophet becomes infallible, it is by his own piety.

And the accounts (recounts) of the people that lived with the Imams (Allah's peace and blessings be upon them and their family) are proof that they're infallible, because of their piety. 

Malik ibn Anas says about Imam J'afar al-Sadiq (Allah's peace and blessings be upon him and his family):

'I never saw a man more pious and God-fearing than J'afar al-Sadiq (Allah's peace and blessings be upon him and his family), at all times when I met him, he was either fasting, or prostrating or reading The Holy Qur'an.' 

And I don't know why you need to know whether the Imams (Allah's peace and blessings be upon them and their family) are infallible by piety or not, because I don't see that it'll help you in anyway, to be fair. I would've worked on my afterlife, rather than asking unhelpful questions. 

11 hours ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

asking for the reference and authentication of a hadith i have heard is not spreading lying on the imams

Without any reference i doubt your hearing of such statement and reject the lie that you have tried to mention in the name of imams (as given in OP).

Edited by skyweb1987

15 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

Without any reference i doubt your hearing of such statement and reject it 

ammar nakshwani mentioning the hadith from 53:10 onwards. Brother skyweb, as a brother in faith i do not know why you are expecting the worse from me. 

Edited by Follower of Ahlulbayt

22 minutes ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

ammar nakshwani mentioning the hadith from 53:10 onwards. Brother skyweb, as a brother in faith i do not know why you are expecting the worse from me. 

For your attention please:

@Abu Nur,   @Qa'im    @Salsabeel

@ShiaMan14

Edited by skyweb1987

22 hours ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

think the imam says in the hadith 'would you walk down the street naked' so there you go.

Wrong, as per your shared video.

Listen to the words of Ammar Nakshwani once again:

"If I ask you to walk down the street naked"...... The word "if", you have not mentioned it anywhere.

The imam asks a person to walk down the street naked

And I advise you to listen to that video once again. 

10 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

Wrong, as per your shared video.

Listen to the words of Ammar Nakshwani once again:

"If I ask you to walk down the street naked"...... The word "if", you have not mentioned it anywhere.

And I advise you to listen to that video once again. 

pffff i already explained that the imam was not commanding anything. Anyways i noticed that you never answer my question and always respond with something else. Just answer my question and if not dont reply

7 hours ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

Anyways i noticed that you never answer my question and always respond with something else. Just answer my question and if not dont reply

If I knew the source of this hadith, I would have shared it here. 

Anyway, I have observed your dishonesty in asking questions about hadith. You have listened the lecture yet you failed to mention the exact wordings of hadith quoted by Ammar Nakshwani in that interview. 

54 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

If I knew the source of this hadith, I would have shared it here. 

Anyway, I have observed your dishonesty in asking questions about hadith. You have listened the lecture yet you failed to mention the exact wordings of hadith quoted by Ammar Nakshwani in that interview. 

oh my days i watched the video months ago and so when i was writing the question it was just from memory. I was not being dishonest at all.  And I conveyed the same meaning:

al-Kafi: Muhammad b. Yahya from Muhammad b. al-Husayn from Ibn Abi Umayr from Ibn Udhayna from Muhammad b. Muslim who said: I said to Abi Abdillah عليه السلام: I hear the narration from you - am I allowed to add or decrease (some words to/from it)? he said: if you intend to convey the same meaning then there is no harm. 

Anyways once again you have not responded with anything useful.

14 hours ago, Follower of Ahlulbayt said:

pffff i already explained that the imam was not commanding anything. Anyways i noticed that you never answer my question and always respond with something else. Just answer my question and if not dont reply

Brother just to remind you that SC is an open forum any one can respond to any ones post. It is permitted. I have asked knowledgeable brothers to comment on the lecture of Ammar Nakhswani and brother Salsabeel has responded. If there is any criticism then your should respond patiently.

I remember you have been mentioned as advocate of sunnis at SC. All your threads have been pointing out to the issues relevant to shias where you indirectly seem to criticize the shia values and hadith. In response you always present sunni view. and yet claim to be a follower of ahlulbayt. This is not justified in any manner.

I have not yet seen out of your threads that you have any Like given to a shia brother post not a single one. But you seems irritated when  the response comes from shia brother or some one by hadith with shia view Think it on patiently This is all part of record at SC.

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

11 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

Brother just to remind you that SC is an open forum any one can respond to any ones post. It is permitted. I have asked knowledgeable brothers to comment on the lecture of Ammar Nakhswani and brother Salsabeel has responded. If there is any criticism then your should respond patiently.

I remember you have been mentioned as advocate of sunnis at SC. all your threads have been pointing out to the issues relevant to shias where you indirectly seem to criticize the shia values and hadith. In response you always present sunni view. and yet claim to be a follower of ahlulbayt. This is not justified in any manner.

I have not yet seen out of your threads that you have any Like given to a shia brother post not a single one. yet you seems irritated when  the response comes from shia brother Think it on patiently This is all part of record at SC.

wasalam

brother what you have written here is full of assumptions and lies. I understand Shiachat is a open forum, but responses should be relevant to the topic. Replies such as saying that i am dishonest or that i lie on the imams is not what im looking for.

I am not an advocate of sunnis at all this is an accusation and i ask you take it back. I have been asking questions relating to doubts i have had and thats it. Nothing more needs to be said. You have lied again i have never criticised shia values what are you on about.

I haven't given like to any post because i don't know how to.  I am quite new to SC and don't really know how things work. Again with the assumptions. I can tell you one thing, I haven't liked any of your posts because (no offence) you haven't replied with anything credible or useful. Sorry to be crude.

"O you who have believed, avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin..." (49:12)

18 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

I remember you have been mentioned as advocate of sunnis at SC. All your threads have been pointing out to the issues relevant to shias where you indirectly seem to criticize the shia values and hadith. In response you always present sunni view. and yet claim to be a follower of ahlulbayt. This is not justified in any manner.

I have not yet seen out of your threads that you have any Like given to a shia brother post not a single one. But you seems irritated when  the response comes from shia brother or some one by hadith with shia view Think it on patiently This is all part of record at SC.

wasalam

To be Honest with you brother it seems that you have a grudge against me for some reason even in this thread you thought i was lying about the hadith. If i have written anything that has offended you, please forgive me. We should not hold grudges and inshallah we will have no hatred for each other,