Ron_Burgundy

[MATURE] Halala or prostitution?

Rate this topic

Can someone explain how it is so easy to get a divorce, both for the first husband and for the temporary husband? If a marriage are usually planned by two families and it is a community of people joining together, how can that all be taken away so easily? In England, can two people get married and divorced in so short a time?

23 minutes ago, mh7493 said:

Can someone explain how it is so easy to get a divorce, both for the first husband and for the temporary husband? If a marriage are usually planned by two families and it is a community of people joining together, how can that all be taken away so easily? In England, can two people get married and divorced in so short a time?

Marriage and Divorce in Shia Islam

Topic: 32
There are two types of marriages in Shia Islam. One is simple normal marriage called ‘Nikah’, while the other is temporary marriage known as ‘Mutah’ or ‘Sigha’, more information on Mutah. Both Nikah and Mutah to be initiated require two instruments, first is ‘Aqd’ and second is ‘Mahr’.
In Shia Islam ‘Aqd’ is exchange of marital vows, an agreement between a man and a woman or their representatives; it is marriage proposal by the first party and its acceptance by the second party. Shia Islam requires proper specific Arabic formula to initiate the marriage.
‘Mahr’, the second of the two requirements for marriage in Shia Islam is obligatory gift/dower to the bride by the groom. Mahr is usually money, land, ornament, ring, jewel, house etc. Mahr is fixed prior to the recitation of marriage formula or exchange of marital vows.
Translation of proper specific Arabic marriage formula or vows are; first the proposal as ‘I have made myself your wife on the agreed dower’ which follows the acceptance as ‘I accept the marriage’. If marriage if initiated through representatives then first the proposal goes ‘I have given to your client ABC in marriage my client XYZ on the agreed dower’ the acceptance goes ‘I accepted this matrimonial alliance for my client ABC on agreed dower’. Formula for temporary marriage include ‘for agreed term’ in addition to ‘on agreed dower’.
Shia Islam does not require witnesses for any of the two marriages; this is in contrast to Sunni marriage which requires witnesses. Shia Islam requires permission of either biological father or biological paternal grandfather’s consent for virgin woman to be married, there are however conditional details for it.
With regards to divorce, there is no divorce in temporary marriage ‘Mutah’. Once the agreed term is over the marriage itself is annulled. However, husband can end the ‘Mutah’ in between by saying, ‘I forgo the remaining term’.
Divorce in Shia Islam again requires proper specific formula in Arabic to be pronounced by husband or his representative.  If husband himself divorces his wife he says, ‘my wife XYZ is divorced’, if through representative the latter says, ‘XYZ, the wife of my client is divorced’. This is in contrast with Sunni rule where just uttering word ‘Talaq’ divorce in Arabic is sufficient.
In Shia Islam, divorce to happen requires three declarations of the above divorce formula, each with minimum interval of one menstrual cycle of woman. Only one declaration can be made in one menstrual cycle. This is in contrast with Sunni rules; where all three divorces could be pronounced in one go.
Shia Islam also requires two just witnesses at each of three sessions of divorce pronunciation. Sunni rule does not require any witness for divorce to happen. Husband according to Shia Islam cannot give divorce to his wife in that menstrual month in which he has had a sexual intercourse with her. This is also not a requirement in Sunni where a husband can pronounce divorce even just after sexual intercourse.
In Shia Islam, the first and second sessions of divorce pronunciation is revocable, in which divorce process is just activated but divorce has not happened. If couple have sexual intercourse the process of divorce becomes void. Husband and wife can rejoin as couple and divorce pronunciation becomes void. The third, also the last divorce pronunciation is final and irrevocable, after which divorce happens. In Shia Islam, divorce cannot be given to a pregnant wife. Divorce in pregnancy is thus void.
In Shia Islam, if marriage is consummated, then after divorce the divorced woman cannot immediately remarry, she must wait for three menstrual cycles, once, that is over she is free to remarry another man.
In case of Mutah, if marriage was consummated, when the term gets over, the couple can immediately remarry each other as there is no provision for divorce in Mutah. But if the woman desires to remarry another man she should wait for two menstrual cycles.
In Shia Islam, both marriage and divorce requires sound mind, intention and free will. Thus, any compulsion, jest or intoxication either in marriage or divorce makes their process void. In Sunni rule forced, joked or intoxicated divorce is valid, but in Shia Islam it is void.
If either of the marriage is unconsummated then there is no waiting period for woman to remarry another man. ‘Halaala’ is a Quranic injunction which prohibits Shia divorced couple (A and B) to remarry each other after irrevocable divorce. However, if later the woman (B) is also divorced by her second husband (C) after consummation of their marriage, it is legal for her (B) to once again re-marry her previous husband (A).
Oh Allah! Peace and Salutation be upon Mohammed and House-hold of Mohammed

Thank you for this information. I understand a little better, but of course, I still have many questions. If a woman needs her father's permission to marry, why does she not also need her father's permission to divorce? If the husband is looking out for his interests, shouldn't another man stand up for the wife if she does not want to divorce? Is the dowry given to the family or is the dowry supposed to help support the wife if she receives a divorce. What is the plan to take care of the woman and her children after a divorce. I'm sorry maybe this is too many questions to answer at once. 

The woman in the video who was dragged by her hair and abused emotionally and physically - had that been my sister or daughter, i would get her out of the house, and i may even have to be restrained against the coward who abused her. I wouldn't bat an eye lid about reconciliation or what the divorce laws are, she's out of the house and never seeing him again, and we can settle the divorce after. 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

8 hours ago, mh7493 said:

Thank you for this information. I understand a little better, but of course, I still have many questions. If a woman needs her father's permission to marry, why does she not also need her father's permission to divorce? If the husband is looking out for his interests, shouldn't another man stand up for the wife if she does not want to divorce? Is the dowry given to the family or is the dowry supposed to help support the wife if she receives a divorce. What is the plan to take care of the woman and her children after a divorce. I'm sorry maybe this is too many questions to answer at once. 

2386. In the following situations, it will not be necessary for a woman to seek the permission of her father or paternal grandfather, before getting married:

1. If she is not a virgin.
  2. If she is a virgin, but her father or paternal grandfather refuse to grant permission to her for marrying a man who is compatible to her in the eyes of Shariah, as well as custom. 
  3. If the father and the grandfather are not in any way willing to participate in the marriage.
  4. If they are not in a capacity to give their consent, like in the case of mental illness etc.

If it is not possible to obtain their permission because of their absence, or such other reasons, and the woman is eager to get married urgently.

Ok Mahr (Dowry) A wife claim her mahr anything. Its sunnah to give mahr as soon as possible. Islam is not against working woman. Therefore, after divorce she could start working to support herself. Children are husbands resposibility. He should be taking care of them not woman. 

28 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

The woman in the video who was dragged by her hair and abused emotionally and physically - had that been my sister or daughter, i would get her out of the house, and i may even have to be restrained against the coward who abused her. I wouldn't bat an eye lid about reconciliation or what the divorce laws are, she's out of the house and never seeing him again, and we can settle the divorce after. 

I had same feelings. 

9 hours ago, mh7493 said:

This type of Triple Tabaqat in shia islam juripendice is not acceptable these type of divorce is void for shia muslims Triple Talaq only acceptable in 3 independent period of divorce & remarriage  but this way which Sunni Muslims practice is a mix of prostitution & rape & sex slavery which all of them prohibited in shia Islam.

They always blame Shia Muslims for temporary marriage but they exactly do sex slavery.

[MOD NOTE: WARNING! These Back from Syria videos may include disturbing images.]

Back from Syria (Jihad al-Nikah)

Full 

https://youtu.be/qmBRz1RIs9M

Edited by Hameedeh
MOD NOTE: WARNING!

I'm not a fan of these emotional argument over religious rulings, they are incredibly weak. They rely on faulty premises. You can find things that are actually part of Islam that are considered much "worse" by modern ethics. Like slavery, polygamy, stoning, apostasy laws etc etc

Edited by Shi3i_jadeed

On 3/22/2018 at 6:33 AM, SIAR14 said:

I completely fail to understand how do they absorb this triple talaq and halaala concept. 

In Sunni Islam juripendice if in a single meeting Triple Talaq occurs man & woman are forever Haram toghether so another person in this network marries with that woman then divorces her also same for man so they becomes halal again toghether but they are misusing Islamic law & woman doesn’t take Iddha  for covering prostitution because this Triple Talaq is void.

In shia juripendice for Triple Talaq divorcing & remarriage must take place in 3 independent occasion & woman must take Iddah between  the three occasion .

14 hours ago, Shi3i_jadeed said:

I'm not a fan of these emotional argument over religious rulings, they are incredibly weak. They rely on faulty premises. You can find things that are actually part of Islam that are considered much "worse" by modern ethics. Like slavery, polygamy, stoning, apostasy laws etc etc

Lets say stoning... Stoning is a sentence and with time sentence could be changed. The whole point is to sentence a person who committed that crime isn't it?

On 3/21/2018 at 4:58 PM, shiaman14 said:

there was a video of a Pakistani mullah who would offer his wife to his friends under halala.

Repulsive...

This is so sick. I think Mullah has some kind of fetish. 

On 3/22/2018 at 6:06 AM, bigboi said:

wait what??

so they sleep with another man, to get back their original man who they divorced from?

makes no sense.

It is law but  if you look at it the shia way i think 1 it billion will face this situation. No normal person will get divorce 3 times and want to marry a same person for forth time. 

On 3/22/2018 at 6:25 AM, Ron_Burgundy said:

Lets say stoning... Stoning is a sentence and with time sentence could be changed. The whole point is to sentence a person who committed that crime isn't it?

Debatable but stoning is in many ahadith. Stoning is very graphic and painful. You still have the other things I mentioned. I just find these emotional arguments on religious rulings to not hold any weight.