ali_fatheroforphans

Saudi Arabia pushes for "moderate Islam"

Rate this topic

Salam,

You've all probably heard that Muhammad Bin Salman is pushing for a "moderate" version of Islam. However why do I see so many articles blame Iran for the spread of Wahhabism? It's not just one article, but many - which I find very strange. Apparently the 1979 revolution was the reason Wahhabism spread as a way to counteract the danger Iran may potentially pose. How absurd is this argument?

For example I took an extract from an article: http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/03/15/saudi-arabia-can-win-islams-war-of-ideas/

In an effort to counter the threat of Iran’s 1979 Shiite revolution, and burnish their legitimacy at home with powerful religious conservatives, Saudi rulers plowed billions of dollars annually into spreading the kingdom’s extremely harsh version of Islam — aka Wahhabism — around the world. Saudi funds built mosques and schools on every continent."

"He’s slammed the extremist ideology that the kingdom did so much to empower after the Iranian revolution and acknowledges that “the problem spread all over the world.” He’s vowed that “now is the time to get rid of it”.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

6 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Every bad thing in Muslim world was because of Shias & Iran  and  now we are responsible for all world problems.:hahaha:

Yeah apparently after 1979 Saudi Arabia suddenly decided to create a new ideology in defense of a potential threat. 

#nologic

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Why Shias are dangerous:

Moderate Islam is a new mask for Wahabist ,when in such media as foreign policy they talk about Islam ,they don’t consider shia Islam as one of the  brancha of Islam  for them Islam is Sunnis specially Wahabism ,in these moderate Islam they use razors instead of barbrian swords.:grin:

Top saudi Adviser on anti corruption arrests :

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

:salam:

Amazing. I was about to post thread on this topic but you already did :cuddle:

I believe Saudi and US has realized funding and supporting  extremist right wing ideologies like Talibaan, Al-Qaida, Daesh and Al-Nusra is not going to work any more. When they are of no use for US, they stop funding them and eventually at the end these right wing turn against US and Saudia as these wings are uneducated and know nothing a part from killing people.

Now may be Saudi and US planning to shift to liberal left wing ideology to turn world against Iran. Soft war will be to show the world how tolerant Sauida's Islam is where as Iran's Islam is extreme and they are forcing islam on their people. In Saudia after 35 years they reopened cinema, making a beach, allowing women to drive, building football stadium in Iraq and most importantly supporting liberal kurds near the boader of syria.

Edited by SIAR14

Muhammad Bin Salman said something more insane. Gosh, he has to bring Iran up in literally everything. :hahaha:

"We were living a very normal life like the rest of the Gulf countries. Women were driving cars,”.

“There were movie theatres in Saudi Arabia. Women worked everywhere. We were just normal people developing like any other country in the world until the events of 1979.”

http://emirateswoman.com/wearing-an-abaya-is-a-womans-choice-says-saudis-crown-prince/

35 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

What do you think about reforms he did regarding women issues ? 

I think its just a show off by him for making a better image of himself for western countries 

The good side is that his reforms are suddenly applied so traditionalist  & old generation of wahabists can't tolerate it for a long time because his reforms have no base & peperation so in future he will  face to rebels from majority of wahabists. 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

39 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Jared kushner is wokring on a plan to publicly announce a "peace deal". This peace deal is going to announce a treaty between KSA(arab countries) and Israel... to make it easier they had to force KSA to make some changes so it seemed more democratic. 

4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

You've all probably heard that Muhammad Bin Salman is pushing for a "moderate" version of Islam. However why do I see so many articles blame Iran for the spread of Wahhabism? It's not just one article, but many - which I find very strange. Apparently the 1979 revolution was the reason Wahhabism spread as a way to counteract the danger Iran may potentially pose. How absurd is this argument?

For example I took an extract from an article: http://foreignpolicy.com/2018/03/15/saudi-arabia-can-win-islams-war-of-ideas/

I already know that the Satan always come every time with a new face when older faces have been exposed.

:hahaha:

The saudi's have been spending millions of petrodollars on PR campaign. This naive prince wants people to believe that Saudi Arabia was a bastion of liberalism and democracy before the Iranian revolution.

Do check Mehdi Hasaan article for The intercept.

https://theintercept.com/2018/03/19/the-cbs-interview-with-saudi-arabias-mohammed-bin-salman-was-a-crime-against-journalism/ 

Edited by Ali Al Kashmiri

Come on, we all know everything is the Iranian Revolution's fault. Remember that time they started WWI and WWII? Or when they nuked Japan? Or when they recruited Hitler? Even further back, remember when they genetically engineered the black plague? Or all those other illnesses like smallpox and polio? Thanks Iran.

We don't need Saudi Arabia to unite Sunnis under the banner of crushing Shia Islam. I have been convinced now that within Shia Islam will always be groups that will do a good job of wrecking the madhab, all by itself. 

So many fallacies in these arguments (that blame Iran) make my head spin. Lol. 

On 20/03/2018 at 3:25 PM, alidu78 said:

Window dressing.

In a sense, it highlights how corrupt feminism has become that allowing women to drive suddenly covers up for all manner of human rights abuses. The Saudi role model is the UAE, which has certain social freedoms but no political ones.

Maybe MBS is using Iran to keep the radicals within the kingdom on his side? while at the same time trying to at least give the Saudi kingdom a face lift that is only hiding the real damage underneath. I have a feeling this is either going to end with another person being named as crowned prince or quite scary to think about but...civil war. 

On 20/03/2018 at 12:43 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Apparently the 1979 revolution was the reason Wahhabism spread as a way to counteract the danger Iran may potentially pose. How absurd is this argument?

Up until now, at least the following event had been blamed for the extremism in Saudi:

The seizure of Islam's holiest site, the taking of hostages from among the worshippers and the deaths of hundreds of militants, security forces and hostages caught in the crossfire in the ensuing battles for control of the site, shocked the Islamic world. The siege ended two weeks after the takeover began and the mosque was cleared.[9] Al-Qahtani was killed in the recapture of the mosque but Juhayman and 67 of his fellow rebels who survived the assault were captured and later beheaded.[10][11][12]

Following the attack, the Saudi King Khaled implemented a stricter enforcement of Shariah (Islamic law)[13]and he gave the ulama and religious conservatives more power over the next decade, and religious police became more assertive.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Mosque_seizure

Iran became an Islamic republic in April 1979. Seems a little far-fetched that within the space of a few months the Iranian events radicalised a number of Saudis and they managed to plan all this to take the action that they did.

But as the official account of 9/11 suggests radicalised Muslims become hyper-efficient and organised.