Salsabeel

footing of firmness & seat of honor

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

أَكَانَ لِلنَّاسِ عَجَبًا أَنْ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ رَجُلٍ مِنْهُمْ أَنْ أَنْذِرِ النَّاسَ وَبَشِّرِ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنَّ لَهُمْ قَدَمَ صِدْقٍ عِنْدَ رَبِّهِمْ ۗ قَالَ الْكَافِرُونَ إِنَّ هَٰذَا لَسَاحِرٌ مُبِينٌ
What! is it a wonder to the people that We revealed to a man from among themselves, saying: Warn the people and give good news to those who believe that theirs is a footing of firmness with their Lord. The unbelievers say: This is most surely a manifest enchanter. (10:2)

إِنَّ الْمُتَّقِينَ فِي جَنَّاتٍ وَنَهَرٍ 
فِي مَقْعَدِ صِدْقٍ عِنْدَ مَلِيكٍ مُقْتَدِرٍ
Surely those who guard (against evil) shall be in gardens and rivers, In the seat of honor with a most Powerful King. (54:55)

What is meant by "Qadama Sidq" (footing of firmness) and by "Maq'aade Sidq" (seat of honor) in these two verses? 

22 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

:bismillah:

أَكَانَ لِلنَّاسِ عَجَبًا أَنْ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ رَجُلٍ مِنْهُمْ أَنْ أَنْذِرِ النَّاسَ وَبَشِّرِ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنَّ لَهُمْ قَدَمَ صِدْقٍ عِنْدَ رَبِّهِمْ ۗ قَالَ الْكَافِرُونَ إِنَّ هَٰذَا لَسَاحِرٌ مُبِينٌ
What! is it a wonder to the people that We revealed to a man from among themselves, saying: Warn the people and give good news to those who believe that theirs is a footing of firmness with their Lord. The unbelievers say: This is most surely a manifest enchanter. (10:2)

إِنَّ الْمُتَّقِينَ فِي جَنَّاتٍ وَنَهَرٍ 
فِي مَقْعَدِ صِدْقٍ عِنْدَ مَلِيكٍ مُقْتَدِرٍ
Surely those who guard (against evil) shall be in gardens and rivers, In the seat of honor with a most Powerful King. (54:55)

What is meant by "Qadama Sidq" (footing of firmness) and by "Maq'aade Sidq" (seat of honor) in these two verses? 

Is the basharat mentioned in 10:2, a general basharat for all believers or it is specific for some believers? I mean the "allathina aamanu" here is for all believers in general sense or is it for specific believers like "sirat allathina" of Al-Fatiha is for specific people. 

I would like to see how our Sunni brothers view these two verses and what matter they have for explanation of these two verses. 

It appears to me that the "basharat" mentioned in 10:2 is not for all believers ( أَنَّ لَهُمْ قَدَمَ صِدْقٍ عِنْدَ رَبِّهِمْ) 

Lets see another verse of Quran now: 

وَلَا تَتَّخِذُوا أَيْمَانَكُمْ دَخَلًا بَيْنَكُمْ فَتَزِلَّ قَدَمٌ بَعْدَ ثُبُوتِهَا وَتَذُوقُوا السُّوءَ بِمَا صَدَدْتُمْ عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَلَكُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ 
 And do not make your oaths a means of deceit between you, lest a foot should slip after its stability and you should taste evil because you turned away from Allah's way and grievous punishment be your (lot).

On 3/20/2018 at 1:04 PM, Salsabeel said:

So the "allathina" mentioned in above verse must be those who never make their oaths a mean of deceit, who never tasted evil and who never turned away from Allah's way. It reminds me the "allathina" of Al-Fatiha:

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ

@skyweb1987

On 3/21/2018 at 5:43 PM, Salsabeel said:

It appears to me that the "basharat" mentioned in 10:2 is not for all believers ( أَنَّ لَهُمْ قَدَمَ صِدْقٍ عِنْدَ رَبِّهِمْ) 

Lets see another verse of Quran now: 

وَلَا تَتَّخِذُوا أَيْمَانَكُمْ دَخَلًا بَيْنَكُمْ فَتَزِلَّ قَدَمٌ بَعْدَ ثُبُوتِهَا وَتَذُوقُوا السُّوءَ بِمَا صَدَدْتُمْ عَنْ سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ ۖ وَلَكُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ 
 And do not make your oaths a means of deceit between you, lest a foot should slip after its stability and you should taste evil because you turned away from Allah's way and grievous punishment be your (lot).

So the "allathina" mentioned in above verse must be those who never make their oaths a mean of deceit, who never tasted evil and who never turned away from Allah's way. It reminds me the "allathina" of Al-Fatiha:

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ

@skyweb1987

You may like to see the following verses too in this concern:

١٧_٨٠    وَقُل رَّبِّ أَدْخِلْنِى مُدْخَلَ صِدْقٍۢ وَأَخْرِجْنِى مُخْرَجَ صِدْقٍۢ وَٱجْعَل لِّى مِن لَّدُنكَ سُلْطَٰنًۭا نَّصِيرًۭا

017:080 And say, ‘My Lord! ‘Admit me with a worthy entrance, and bring me out with a worthy departure, and render me a favourable authority from Yourself.’

١٩_٥٠    وَوَهَبْنَا لَهُم مِّن رَّحْمَتِنَا وَجَعَلْنَا لَهُمْ لِسَانَ صِدْقٍ عَلِيًّۭا

019:050 And We gave them out of Our mercy, and conferred on them a worthy and lofty repute.

٢٦_٨٤    وَٱجْعَل لِّى لِسَانَ صِدْقٍۢ فِى ٱلْءَاخِرِينَ

026:084 Confer on me a worthy repute among the posterity,

٦_١١٥    وَتَمَّتْ كَلِمَتُ رَبِّكَ صِدْقًۭا وَعَدْلًۭا ۚ لَّا مُبَدِّلَ لِكَلِمَٰتِهِۦ ۚ وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلْعَلِيمُ

006:115 The word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and justice. Nothing can change His words, and He is the All-hearing, the All-knowing.

١٦_٩٤    وَلَا تَتَّخِذُوٓا۟ أَيْمَٰنَكُمْ دَخَلًۢا بَيْنَكُمْ فَتَزِلَّ قَدَمٌۢ بَعْدَ ثُبُوتِهَا وَتَذُوقُوا۟ ٱلسُّوٓءَ بِمَا صَدَدتُّمْ عَن سَبِيلِ ٱللَّهِ ۖ وَلَكُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌۭ

016:094 Do not make your oaths a means of [mutual] deceit among yourselves, lest feet should stumble after being steady and [lest] you suffer ill for barring from the way of Allah and face a great punishment.

٣٦_١٢    إِنَّا نَحْنُ نُحْىِ ٱلْمَوْتَىٰ وَنَكْتُبُ مَا قَدَّمُوا۟ وَءَاثَٰرَهُمْ ۚ وَكُلَّ شَىْءٍ أَحْصَيْنَٰهُ فِىٓ إِمَامٍۢ مُّبِينٍۢ

036:012 Indeed it is We who revive the dead and write what they have sent ahead and their effects [which they left behind], and We have figured everything in a manifest Imam.

1 hour ago, Salsabeel said:

Can you please enlighten us by summarizing few important point from this link?

Edited by skyweb1987

1 minute ago, skyweb1987 said:

Can you please enlighten us by summarizing few important point form this link?

Salamun Alaikum Brother, 

The like is discussion of word sidq & sadiqeen in the light of the verses of Quran specifically: 

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَكُونُوا مَعَ الصَّادِقِينَ
9:119 

The author has argued that this command (i.e., كُونُوا مَعَ الصَّادِقِينَ) and the designation of sidq mentioned in the verses 10:2 & 54:55 are interconnected. Those who are placed on the muqam-e-sidq are mentioned as "Sadiqeen" in Quran and those sadiqeen are the chosen ones/guided ones/Imams. 

8 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Salamun Alaikum Brother, 

The like is discussion of word sidq & sadiqeen in the light of the verses of Quran specifically: 

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَكُونُوا مَعَ الصَّادِقِينَ
9:119 

The author has argued that this command (i.e., كُونُوا مَعَ الصَّادِقِينَ) and the designation of sidq mentioned in the verses 10:2 & 54:55 are interconnected. Those who are placed on the muqam-e-sidq are mentioned as "Sadiqeen" in Quran and those sadiqeen are the chosen ones/guided ones/Imams. 

This is the perfect conclusion of the thread began from OP.

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

I am able to gather following references of ahadith explaining the term "qadama sidqin":

(It has been narrated) from Abu Abdullah (asws) regarding His (azwj) Words: and give glad tidings to those who believe that, for them would be a true footing in the Presence of their Lord [10:2], he (asws) said: The ‘Al-Wilayah (is the true footing)’.  

تفسير العّياشي 2 :119 /4

It (was) asked from Abu Abdullah (asws) regarding the Words of the Exalted: and give glad tidings to those who believe that, for them would be a true footing in the Presence of their Lord [10:2]. He (asws) said: The (true footing is the) ‘Wilayah of Amir-Al-Momineen (asws)’.

50 /349 :1 الكاف

From Jabir, from Abu Abdullah (asws) regarding His (azwj) Words, Majestic is His (azwj) Majesty [10:2] and give good News to those who believe that for them is a true footing with their Lord. He (asws) said: ‘(The true footing is the) Wilayah of Ali Bin Abu Talib (asws)

Bashaarat Al Mustafasaww Li Shia Al Murtazaasws - P 9 H 17