Guest muslim

Forcible marriage

Rate this question

Question

Guest muslim

assalam o alykum . 

I have a very big question to ask :- 

To get to the question i need to tell the entire event . 

This started one year back when one female friend of mine who is a jaffri syed shia girl , unmarried and age around 28 years was presented with a marriage proposal of a boy working with a govt organisation and specifically with the intelligence agencies . 

Now at first she had given her parents the consent to investigate about the proposal and find if its suitable for her , The brother of the girl and the brother-in law of the girl were not in favour of the marriage since they suspected that a marriage of this kind will undermine there status in the family as the person who was proposed was a intelligence official . 

After a few days of the proposal , the guy called up the girl on her phone , the girl is a working girl and at that time was in her office and started to tell he that she had been talking to people specially males who were her office colleagues and threatened her not to talk to them , as he had put her mobile number on surveillance using his powers and was having her conversations monitored and tapped . 

after this incidence the girl got scared and told her parents that she does not want o marry that man . but the boy started to stalk her , and kept a threat kind of atmosphere around her , even he had placed some men to see what she was doing in her day , while coming and going monitoring all the activities , also started to talk to his colleagues on their numbers . This was a very awkward position for the girl who was terrified and very scared . 

One more thing to mention that 2 brothers of the man are presiding Maulana (Religious preachers) specially alims graduated from IRAN in the highest order of shia Islam . 

Now to conclude the story in brief : 

Even after the girl stopped to take calls and the parents of the girl refused to marry her to the boy , one fine day a month back the boy , his two preacher brothers , and some of his staff people reached the city where she lives and abducted her on gunpoint , took her to a nearby shia shrine and forcibly under the threat of life and on gunpoint , performed NIKAH (Marriage vows) . and then abandoned her saying now "now its a lesson for her for life that neither she can marry any one , and they will never take her to their home and give her the status of the wife but will remain under her nikah for ever , the nikah wows were performed by his brother who is an alim . 

The terrified girl , abandoned and very much in shock was left to the mercy of Allah and they went away threatening her of life and dire consequences . 

Now the man is constantly calling her up every day to harras her and says since he is her husband as per shia marriage law she has to abide with that harassment , the girl is in such a depression i fear she might take some drastic step . 

Now my question :- Is it legal in shia islam to marry a girl just for vengeance on gun point , for the sake of making her life near to hell and suffer for life ? is it not a crime ? is it justified ? the Alims who are respected for being the scholars and preachers of the religion were a part of this act as the person involved was their brother ...is it right to do it ? is it legal ? what should be the solution to it ? 

Friends i expect you to provide me a very logical , Islamic and very correct answer and solution to this . since in my country this kind of a marriage is illegal by lay but this needs the highest degree of thought from the shia scholars who will give their answers on this matter . 

Assalamalaykum

11 answers to this question

The marriage isnt legal and its already void as it was done under duress, which means without consent. It is irrelevant whether the men who did it were adornng the clothes of authority. A crime is a crime and in many places religion is run as a business.

If you want evidence.

www.al-islam.org and research the marriage and divorce guidlines to use as evidence. She does need to be depressed, about the sham marriage as it wasnt a marriage in the first place. It it time to let go of cultural shame as it really is a non existent entity that has been given validity via false authority.

Ayatollah Khamenei:

Man and woman consent is a condition for correct marriage vows. Otherwise, marriage vows is invalid.

For this situation, I'm surprised why they haven't called police so far. BTW, don't use the word Alim or Shaykh for those animals.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:28 AM, Guest muslim said:

Friends i expect you to provide me a very logical , Islamic and very correct answer and solution to this . since in my country this kind of a marriage is illegal by lay but this needs the highest degree of thought from the shia scholars who will give their answers on this matter . 

Salam. This kind of marriage, by kidnapping a girl and forcing her to marry someone she doesn't want, is illegal in every country and by every religion. Find another Alim to perform the divorce for this woman. As soon as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

There is no need for a divorce because the marriage was not valid in the first place.

This is the answer that we all agree on, however, if there is a legal document that has been submitted to the country where the marriage took place (Pakistan or India?) then there might be a legal document (divorce, annulment, etc.) that must be filed with the government.

Guest Muslim
On 3/16/2018 at 7:30 AM, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Ayatollah Khamenei:

Man and woman consent is a condition for correct marriage vows. Otherwise, marriage vows is invalid.

For this situation, I'm surprised why they haven't called police so far. BTW, don't use the word Alim or Shaykh for those animals.

Assalamalykum  the only problem is that the girl is so terrified because the man is with the police and intelligence of the country .... and if the maulanas would have thought it wrong they should have not agreed to such an act ..... calling the police is like one of the consequences that the man has threatened . He has even threatened to impregnate her in front of his brothers the maulanas and leave her to the society to face the embarrassment . Now the man in question has publicly started to embarrass her that she is married to him and she should restraint from doing her job , he has also threatened her of kidnapping and taking her to a place from she would never return and god forbid what not consequences . The girl is now in a state of total depression as the maulana the brothers of the man who are very famous and known clerics of the shia Islam in India and Pakistan are even trying to threaten her against telling anyone or reach out to the supreme clergy of the sect , please provide a solution a way , a connection ,how can she reach up to the supreme clergy ? and whom ? she should talk to get out of this situation .  please suggest how can a religious authority intervene and resolve this matter .

This will be an act of humanity on your part helping a sister in a grave problem ... May Allah have his mercy on all the muslims in the world .. we need to find out a solution to this kind of injustice happening to a female specially in islam .  

assalamalaykum . 

how does one get into force able marriage in the first place. Are both partners forced or only one the partners, such as the future wife. Does the husband enjoy that the wife is forced to like him / stay with him.

it feels so wrong on so many levels. this cultural thing needs to stop. Advice from parents on future partner is good, but forcing is something else.

On 3/22/2018 at 1:38 AM, Guest Muslim said:

trying to threaten her against telling anyone or reach out to the supreme clergy of the sect , please provide a solution a way , a connection ,how can she reach up to the supreme clergy ? and whom ? she should talk to get out of this situation .  please suggest how can a religious authority intervene and resolve this matter .

You have given too much information about that sister in this topic, so I suggest that you do not give us any more details that might cause people in her country to recognize who this sister is and her exact location. I suspect that the evil man is intimidating her but he is not really connected to the spy apparatus. It is a common tactic to exaggerate his power in order to terrorize the victim. Please ask her to contact her marja by calling or emailing one of his representatives in her country. If she can move to another city or another country it would calm her nerves. She definitely needs to see a therapist, specifically for PTSD after such incidents as these that you describe. Praying for her to recover from the mental and physical abuse. 

On 3/16/2018 at 11:28 AM, Guest muslim said:

assalam o alykum . 

I have a very big question to ask :- 

To get to the question i need to tell the entire event . 

This started one year back when one female friend of mine who is a jaffri syed shia girl , unmarried and age around 28 years was presented with a marriage proposal of a boy working with a govt organisation and specifically with the intelligence agencies . 

Now at first she had given her parents the consent to investigate about the proposal and find if its suitable for her , The brother of the girl and the brother-in law of the girl were not in favour of the marriage since they suspected that a marriage of this kind will undermine there status in the family as the person who was proposed was a intelligence official . 

After a few days of the proposal , the guy called up the girl on her phone , the girl is a working girl and at that time was in her office and started to tell he that she had been talking to people specially males who were her office colleagues and threatened her not to talk to them , as he had put her mobile number on surveillance using his powers and was having her conversations monitored and tapped . 

after this incidence the girl got scared and told her parents that she does not want o marry that man . but the boy started to stalk her , and kept a threat kind of atmosphere around her , even he had placed some men to see what she was doing in her day , while coming and going monitoring all the activities , also started to talk to his colleagues on their numbers . This was a very awkward position for the girl who was terrified and very scared . 

One more thing to mention that 2 brothers of the man are presiding Maulana (Religious preachers) specially alims graduated from IRAN in the highest order of shia Islam . 

Now to conclude the story in brief : 

Even after the girl stopped to take calls and the parents of the girl refused to marry her to the boy , one fine day a month back the boy , his two preacher brothers , and some of his staff people reached the city where she lives and abducted her on gunpoint , took her to a nearby shia shrine and forcibly under the threat of life and on gunpoint , performed NIKAH (Marriage vows) . and then abandoned her saying now "now its a lesson for her for life that neither she can marry any one , and they will never take her to their home and give her the status of the wife but will remain under her nikah for ever , the nikah wows were performed by his brother who is an alim . 

The terrified girl , abandoned and very much in shock was left to the mercy of Allah and they went away threatening her of life and dire consequences . 

Now the man is constantly calling her up every day to harras her and says since he is her husband as per shia marriage law she has to abide with that harassment , the girl is in such a depression i fear she might take some drastic step . 

Now my question :- Is it legal in shia islam to marry a girl just for vengeance on gun point , for the sake of making her life near to hell and suffer for life ? is it not a crime ? is it justified ? the Alims who are respected for being the scholars and preachers of the religion were a part of this act as the person involved was their brother ...is it right to do it ? is it legal ? what should be the solution to it ? 

Assalamalaykum

Asslam alaikum

This is horrific.i can not even think what the girl might be going through.Her family/friends should hide her and involve the Media.that is the only way in today's world to catch big fishes.You say all the people involved are very powerful so involving the media can surely help.but hide the girl so they can not harm her.

And she should not continued to be oppressed. Someone has to do something.this can not keep going on like this.What they are doing to her is zulm and zulm must not be tolerated.i think the situation requires that someone takes a stand for her..i know that would mean risking lives but i don't see any other option.sometime we have to stand for what's right no matter the consequences and i have faith that Allah will help inshallah.

How is the situation.i really hope that everything has resolved in the Girl's favour Inshallah.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.