Rayhana80

Secret second marriage

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Rayhana80 said:

Is it allowed for a husband to hide his second marriage from his first wife for 8 years? 

42 minutes ago, Hamodiii said:

No, what? You are not allowed to marry any other woman without her premission.

According to sistani you can have second wife with out first wife's consent unless she is from ahlul kitab.

From Sayyid Ali Al Sistani(ha)

395. A Muslim man who is married to a Muslim woman is not allowed, in his concurrent second marriage, to marry an Ahlul Kitab woman, i.e. a Jew or a Christian, without asking the consent of his Muslim wife. Based on obligatory precaution, the man should refrain from marrying her, even it is temporary and his Muslim wife consents to it. Whether or not the Muslim lides with him is immaterial. (See the question-answer section below.)

http://www.najaf.org/english/book/5/inside/45.htm

From Sayyid Fadlallah(ra)

Q: Is it obligatory for man who wants to marry a second woman to take the permission of his first wife? 10/12/2006 10:27:56 AM

A: This is not obligatory, unless, as an obligatory precaution, if his first wife is a Muslim woman and he wants to marry a woman who is of the People of the Book.

Publish Date: 12/11/2006 8:56:21 PM

http://english.bayynat.org.lb/QA/qa.aspx?id=76

2 minutes ago, ephemeral said:

According to sistani you can have second wife with out first wife's consent unless she is from ahlul kitab.

From Sayyid Ali Al Sistani(ha)

395. A Muslim man who is married to a Muslim woman is not allowed, in his concurrent second marriage, to marry an Ahlul Kitab woman, i.e. a Jew or a Christian, without asking the consent of his Muslim wife. Based on obligatory precaution, the man should refrain from marrying her, even it is temporary and his Muslim wife consents to it. Whether or not the Muslim lides with him is immaterial. (See the question-answer section below.)

http://www.najaf.org/english/book/5/inside/45.htm

From Sayyid Fadlallah(ra)

Q: Is it obligatory for man who wants to marry a second woman to take the permission of his first wife? 10/12/2006 10:27:56 AM

A: This is not obligatory, unless, as an obligatory precaution, if his first wife is a Muslim woman and he wants to marry a woman who is of the People of the Book.

Publish Date: 12/11/2006 8:56:21 PM

http://english.bayynat.org.lb/QA/qa.aspx?id=76

Cool.

Well, if you all please read it carefully and not from your men superior eyes then you will find out what I have asked is different than what most of the men have been responding to. I asked is it permissible for a husband to keep his wife in dark and his second marriage secret from his first wife and family for years?? 

On 2/9/2018 at 9:35 AM, Rayhana80 said:

Is it allowed for a husband to hide his second marriage from his first wife for 8 years? 

Even if religion lets you do that, I don't think your humanity sense gives you this permission to do that to her.

On 2/9/2018 at 10:35 AM, Rayhana80 said:

There is a difference between what is permitted and what it advisable. 

It isn't forbidden as long as both wives are Muslim. It's stupid, selfish, hurtful, and inadvisable. 

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Why kid around about this? I don't get it.

Well I said originally its not worth the risks. The cons outweigh the pros. Pro/fun part would be fulfillment of some desires, but the problems this entails in the modern world is just not worth any benefit.