Forgottenthinker

[Closed/Review]How we should think of Israel

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Forgottenthinker said:

This doesnt excuse the way it acts. They should take the word Islamic out of the official name of Iran they're misusing it.

I was just addressing your point where you compared Iran and Israel torturing people. I thought the article did justice to talking about issues in Iran and Israel in terms of human rights (from a neutral western perspective), but also highlighting the ways in which Israel is worse than Iran. 

7 minutes ago, Mishael said:

But at the same time the county you defend Iran when it has committed many human rights violations by the way if you wanna talk about a place where Arabs are discriminated against then what about Arabs of Ahvaz?

Mishael, I live in the US and pay taxes to a government that continues to look the other way when Israel commits grotesque violations of human rights, Iran is already under heavy sanctions in case you didn't notice. So, I don't know exactly what purpose me condemning Iran is going to serve, it is already condemned enough. 

Edited by Mohamed1993

3 minutes ago, Mishael said:

I respect the people of Iran more then you do because I want them to choose if they really want an Islamic republic you want it forced on them.

You cant really argue with these people, if you disagree with something their Khameini does then they'll attack you none stop. I simply said I disagree with how Khameini says death to Israel and we should try to make peace with it but they all called me a masonic zionist jewish satanic nazi. They're very funny

2 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

So, I don't know exactly what purpose me condemning Iran is going to serve, it is already condemned enough. 

The problem is Iran shows itself as the most perfect Muslim nation and the protector of Islamic interests which is false but it also commits those same atrocities as those enemies it condemns. 

Just now, Forgottenthinker said:

but it also commits those same atrocities

The issue is how people view it, many on this forum view human rights as a secular western invention, and something Islamic countries should not have to abide by. So from this perspective, things like free speech, blasphemy, apostasy which are not punished in a secular country, should be punished in an Islamic state. My personal views on this matter are irrelevant, I am not Iranian, and I don't think I should have more of a say in Iranian politics over someone that is an Iranian. According to polls I have seen majority of Iranians support their system, now these could be wrong and biased, but ultimately any change will come from them. The question everyone should ask themselves is what can you do as a citizen or resident of whichever country you reside in? You can hold your own govt. accountable for what it is doing, so the US where I live supports Israel, so I can hold them accountable for this and speak out on its abuses. The US is not helping the Iranian people it claims to support by imposing sanctions that are preventing investment and causing a great deal of suffering to the Iranian people. Same thing with Saudi Arabia, the US should stop selling them weapons, as with Rwanda and other despotic governments. 

7 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Sanctions don't really effected the Iranian government but they do affect the Iranian people who are suffering so it's even worse. Iran is on heavy sanctions but they don't care after all they're people are the ones that get effected not its leaders who are free to keep violating human rights as they please. Remember when you said settlements were illegal and turns out they weren't you'll just quote from propagandists scholars that say Israel did this Israel did that. The real obstacle to peace is the Palestinian leadership my friend as much as you'll deny that history attests to the fact that the Arabs will not accept the concept of Israel existing and infact they benefit by its existence as its serves as their punching bag to blame all their problems on. The fact you guys say Israel created Isis proves my point even though Islamic radical groups exactly like Isis existed before Israel was founded or was Israel secretly already in existence and secrectly planning all this from 70 AD as absurd as that sounds I'm sure many people would believe it if someone just used that to attack Israel. You seem to have no problem to condemn Israel quoting classic anti Israel sources yet defend Hezbollahs massacres and war crimes why is that? But as I said your entitled to your opinion.

As I said I'm done with this discussion, you are not worth engaging with, you're not neutral on the subject, you're pretty much parroting the Israeli narrative. You accuse people here of using the Zionist propaganda excuse all the time, yet you're the textbook definition of an absolute hypocrite because you encounter a source that condemns Israel that you don't like and you just call it an anti-Israeli source, or you just call well respected intellectuals as pseudo-scholars whose arguments have been debunked. Yeah debunked by people that parrot the narrative you want to hear. And nowhere have I stated some of the things you claim yet you put words into my mouth. So..yeah bye!

Edited by Mohamed1993

[Note from Mod: This topic has been temporarily closed for review by a moderator pending one of the following actions:

1) Cleanup: Topic will be reviewed, inappropriate posts will be deleted followed by warnings/bans being implemented and then reopened.

2) Topic will be permanently deleted or sent to the lounge.

3) Topic will remain permanently closed.

Please allow up to 48 hours for one of the above actions to take place. Contact the appropriate moderator for any further explanations

The ShiaChat.com rules can be found at: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/12120-faq-shiachatcom-rules-and-policy/ [Auto]

[Mod Note: Mods discussed this topic and decided on 02-10-18 to keep it permanently locked.]

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note