Sumerian

Hafez Al-Assad, America's ally

Rate this topic

33 minutes ago, kirtc said:

because hafez el assad is dead

Strange reply because people bring up the dead all the time. But then do you criticise Michel Aoun for alliance with America?

9 minutes ago, Laayla said:

Brother @Sumerian

Assalam Alikum.

What is your take that Sayyid Seeistani doesn't met up with political leaders in the government?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

He has met some. He recently met Muqtada Al-Sadr. 

However, I think it's because they don't listen.

Just now, Sumerian said:

Strange reply because people bring up the dead all the time. But then do you criticise Michel Aoun for alliance with America?

Alliance? what alliance? Dont try lebanese politics. its 10 times more complicated then Iraqi.. there are a hundred other factors

15 minutes ago, baradar_jackson said:

Also because Abadi is not working in the interests of his people and the Iraqi government are mostly crooks.

Proof? He has improved our security and has made moves to improve the economy and corruption.

6 minutes ago, kirtc said:

Alliance? what alliance? Dont try lebanese politics. its 10 times more complicated then Iraqi.. there are a hundred other factors

US troops in Lebanon confirmed by Pentagon;

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2017/12/12/us-admits-troops-are-present-in-yemen-lebanon-jordan

And I doubt Lebanese politics is anywhere near as complicated as Iraq. Not that it matters.

Edited by Sumerian

3 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

US troops in Lebanon confirmed by Pentagon;

www.alaraby.co.uk/english/amp/news/2017/12/12/us-admits-troops-are-present-in-yemen-lebanon-jordan

there are no us troops in lebanon

1 hour ago, kirtc said:

Ahh yes, I forgot America never lies

Lol, why doesn't Lebanon deny it? Further more it is well known the US trains and advises Lebanese troops.

I don't know why you deny that.

1 hour ago, kirtc said:

lol Lebanon? Who cares about Lebanon? I can drive from its southern tip to its northern in less then 3 and a half hours and thats being generous. Many in Iraq just consider it apart of Syria and it should return. Iraq is a real strategic  important nation that plays a large part in almost all parts of the world scene. Don't compare Iraq the land of the Imams to that rogue Syrian province. 

7 hours ago, Forgottenthinker said:

lol Lebanon? Who cares about Lebanon? I can drive from its southern tip to its northern in less then 3 and a half hours and thats being generous. Many in Iraq just consider it apart of Syria and it should return. Iraq is a real strategic  important nation that plays a large part in almost all parts of the world scene. Don't compare Iraq the land of the Imams to that rogue Syrian province. 

how old are you?

On February 8, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Forgottenthinker said:

You need to calm down.

And regardless of your colorful opinions about the country, Lebanon does have some of the most complicated and cutthroat internal politics in the world. This is demonstrably true.

On 09/02/2018 at 12:10 AM, Forgottenthinker said:

If you are trying to base that Lebanon's politics isn't confusing as it's a small country then that's with all due respect the most ridiculous claim I've heard. Wallah from my heart for your sake I'm saying calm down and when you say who cares about Lebanon, well it is home to the only forces to have ever defeated Israel in its history. Also I love Iraq and I love the shia of Iraq but to try say one country is better than another as it has Imams, than using your logic Saudi (the country the Shia despise) is better than Iraq as it's home to the grave of the Prophet and has the Kaaba and also has Imams so I don't know where you are going with that (ignoring the fact that there are several Prophets buried in Lebanon). Also many in Iraq can consider it a part of Syria but the opinion of people really holds no weight. It's like me saying well there are many Turkish that really believe that Iraq should be back into Lower Mesopotamia but under Turkish rule. Anyways I will leave you to your beliefs, and really if Lebanon was that unimportant then why were you just debating about them. There goes your argument :titanic:

1 hour ago, Ali Salhab said:

were you just debating about them. There goes your argument

true, Although  I wasnt even saying lebanon was better than Iraq. I was just saying Lebanese politics is much more complicated.. Shias have 2 parties... sunnis have like 4 or 5, druze have 3, christians have around 4 or 5.. and all these parties have been at war with each other for almost 40 years... they are mostly split between east and west.. and have shifting alliances.. 

1 hour ago, kirtc said:

true, Although  I wasnt even saying lebanon was better than Iraq. I was just saying Lebanese politics is much more complicated.. Shias have 2 parties... sunnis have like 4 or 5, druze have 3, christians have around 4 or 5.. and all these parties have been at war with each other for almost 40 years... they are mostly split between east and west.. and have shifting alliances.. 

I was agreeing with you :blush:

On 8 February 2018 at 2:23 PM, baradar_jackson said:

And when Saddam invaded Kuwait, he got permission from the US!! US gave him the green light and then they punished him. And only then is where the so-called enmity begin between Saddam and the US. but looking at what happened we know that Saddam was not an enemy of the US. Rather he was more of a lapdog who fell out of favor because he wasn't useful Anymore.

Do you have proof that the US gave permission/green light to Saddam to invade Kuwait? 

22 hours ago, YAli said:

Do you have proof that the US gave permission/green light to Saddam to invade Kuwait? 

Read under "meetings with Saddam Hussein";

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Glaspie#Meetings_with_Saddam_Hussein

Basically they said we won't get involved in Arab-Arab conflicts.

4 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Basically they said we won't get involved in Arab-Arab conflicts.

Salam they always say vague statements that in future have  a way out from everything.:grin: