Shah Khan

I am Only Trying Shia Islam only for 6 Months.

Rate this topic

So Guys, I am only Trying Shia Islam of ONLY FOR 6 MONTHSIf I will Like it I will follow it. If I don't like it I will leave it.

On the request of @Hussaini624 @Gaius I. Caesar @Hamodiii @Ashvazdanghe

3c53dd2e883fd690827e8a868d1b442f.jpg.002

Edited by Shah Khan

3 minutes ago, Shah Khan said:

If I don't like it I will leave it.

This means you have not understood what is meant by Shia! 

Will you dislike the HAQQ? And leave the Haqq? 

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ ارْتَدُّوا عَلَىٰ أَدْبَارِهِمْ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الْهُدَى ۙ الشَّيْطَانُ سَوَّلَ لَهُمْ وَأَمْلَىٰ لَهُمْ

(47:25) Surely (as for) those who return on their backs after that guidance has become manifest to them, the Shaitan has made it a light matter to them; and He gives them respite.

May Almighty pours patience on you and grants you steadfastness, brother.

Reproduced below is a conversation between Ibn Abbas and Umar bin Khattab, recorded by Ibn Athir in his Tarikh al Kamil. Allama Mutazili has also recorded it in his Sharh al Nahj al Balagha, vol. 3, p. 107.

Umar said: "O Ibn Abbas, do you know what made the ummah deprive you (Bani Hashim) of the khilafat after Muhammad?"

"The ummah," he continued, "did not want to see both the prophethood and the caliphate resting with you (Bani Hashim) for fear that you might injure the interests of the nation and trample her at your will. The Quraysh, therefore, chose the caliphate for themselves. They made a right decision and were successful in getting it."

Ibn Abbas said: "Regarding your remarks that the Quraysh chose the caliphate for themselves, that they were right and were successful in obtaining it, I have to observe that the Quraysh would have been right and none would have questioned their claim to the caliphate or been jealous of them only if they had chosen it for themselves in accordance with the will of Allah. As to the remark that the Quraysh did not want to see both the prophethood and the caliphate resting with us (Bani Hashim), I remind you of the words of Allah, who described a nation that disliked Allah's choice: 'This is because they disliked what Allah caused to descend and so Allah destroyed all their deeds (Muhammad: 9)."

Umar said: "Woe to you, Ibn Abbas, you have been reported to have said that we deprived you (Bani Hashim) of the caliphate through jealousy, injustice and oppression."

Ibn Abbas said: "As to injustice and oppression, all educated and uneducated persons know it to be so. As to jealousy, there is no wonder if you, as children of Adam, are jealous of us who are (also) his children."

Umar said: "By Allah, you (Bani Hashim) have always been jealous."

Ibn Abbas said: "You should not attribute the impurity of jealousy to the hearts of that group of persons from whom Allah has kept away all sorts of impurities and uncleanliness and purified them with a thorough purification."

1 minute ago, Dhulfikar said:

Brother, what is the concern that makes you doubt Shiasm and incline to Wahhabism?

Making Shrines, Beating Themselves, Leading intercession to Shirk.

Hope you don't Mind.

2 minutes ago, Shah Khan said:

Hope you don't Mind.

:bismillah:

:salam:

Salam even great Sunni great persons such as Abuhanifa ,Khalid ibn walid ,etc have their shrines & we do not make any damage to their shrines.

About Beating Ourselves it is allowed until is  not cause serious Injury & haram acts but it is exaggerates now in Shia societies . 

about  Intercession in many post talked that we do it just nearness of them to Allah but don't consider them as partners of Allah.

:clap::cuddle::D:grin::NH:

2 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

Salam even great Sunni great persons such as Abuhanifa ,Khalid ibn walid ,etc have their shrines & we do not make any damage to their shrines.

About Beating Ourselves it is allowed until is  not cause serious Injury & haram acts but it is exaggerates now in Shia societies . 

about  Intercession in many post talked that we do it just nearness of them to Allah but don't consider them as partners of Allah.

:clap::cuddle::D:grin::NH:

Salam my dear brother, he who is filled with knowledge,

He understands intercession and does not have a problem with it. He is concerned with the fact that some shias actually do sujood to an imam's grave, and say, "O Ali! Give me Rizk, O All mighty Ali, Grant me sustenance!", and the likes of that speech. That's what he means by, "leading to shirk"

Just now, Shah Khan said:

Hope you don't Mind.

About building Shrines over the graves, actually in Shi'a Islam it is not even allowed;

Muhammad b. al-Hasan by his isnad from al-Husayn b. Sa`id from an-Nadr b. Suwayd from al-Qasim b. Sulayman from Jarrah al-Mada’ini from Abu `Abdillah Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã. He said: Do not build upon the graves and do not make images on the roofs of the houses, for verily the Messenger of Allah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå disliked that.

And this is what is preferred:

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from from Salma ibn al-Khattab from Ali ibn Sayf from Abu al-Maghra’ from ‘Uqba ibn Bashir from abu Ja‘far (a.s.) who has said the following. "[The Holy Prophet (s.a) said to Ali (a.s.), O Ali, bury me in this place, raise the surface of my grave from the ground by the width of four fingers and sprinkle water on it." (from al-Kafi)

Leading intercession to Shirk

Imam Ali a.s, Advise to Imam Hassan a.s (reportedly)

Do not seek help or protection from anybody but Allah. Reserve your prayers, your requests, your solicitations, your supplications, and your entreaties to Him and Him alone because to grant, to give, to confer and to bestow, as well as to withhold, to deprive, to refuse, and to debar, lies only in His Power. Ask as much of His Blessings and seek as much of His Guidance as you can.

Intercession in Shi'a Islam is not asking other than Allah help in supplication, because that would be shirk.

Beating Themselves,

Who really cares about beating? No where in any hadith or verses I have readed where it says, go beat yourself in remembering someone death. 

3 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

About building Shrines over the graves, actually in Shi'a Islam it is not even allowed;

Muhammad b. al-Hasan by his isnad from al-Husayn b. Sa`id from an-Nadr b. Suwayd from al-Qasim b. Sulayman from Jarrah al-Mada’ini from Abu `Abdillah Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã. He said: Do not build upon the graves and do not make images on the roofs of the houses, for verily the Messenger of Allah Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå disliked that.

And this is what is preferred:

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from from Salma ibn al-Khattab from Ali ibn Sayf from Abu al-Maghra’ from ‘Uqba ibn Bashir from abu Ja‘far (a.s.) who has said the following. "[The Holy Prophet (s.a) said to Ali (a.s.), O Ali, bury me in this place, raise the surface of my grave from the ground by the width of four fingers and sprinkle water on it." (from al-Kafi)

Imam Ali a.s, Advise to Imam Hassan a.s (reportedly)

Do not seek help or protection from anybody but Allah. Reserve your prayers, your requests, your solicitations, your supplications, and your entreaties to Him and Him alone because to grant, to give, to confer and to bestow, as well as to withhold, to deprive, to refuse, and to debar, lies only in His Power. Ask as much of His Blessings and seek as much of His Guidance as you can.

Intercession in Shi'a Islam is not asking other than Allah help in supplication, because that would be shirk.

Who really cares about beating? No where in any hadith or verses I have readed where it says, go beat yourself in remembering someone death. 

And @Shah Khan,

Hitting ones head or just slapping oneself is a common form of mourning. When a huge problem/maseebah happens, this is typically What people do; nothing wrong with it.

In fact, even in Sunni books, when there was a rumor that the Holy Prophet (s) was martyred in the battle of Uhud, Lady Fatima't Zahraa (sa) started slapping her head in grief.

However, swords, chains, bleeding, etc.; you know.. these are all risking your health and life and thus most Shia marjas say these practices are haram.

Imam al-Sadiq (a) himself told us, "Be an ornament for us, do not be a disgrace for us".

2 hours ago, Shah Khan said:

Leading intercession to Shirk

What is shirk in your point of view? How you have understood the concept of intercession? Lets see few verses of Quran:

وَكَم مِّن مَّلَكٍ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ لَا تُغْنِي شَفَاعَتُهُمْ شَيْئًا إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِ أَن يَأْذَنَ اللَّهُ لِمَن يَشَاء وَيَرْضَى
53:26

يَوْمَئِذٍ لَّا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرَّحْمَنُ وَرَضِيَ لَهُ قَوْلًا
20:109

لَا يَمْلِكُونَ الشَّفَاعَةَ إِلَّا مَنِ اتَّخَذَ عِندَ الرَّحْمَنِ عَهْدًا
19:87

وَلَا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ عِندَهُ إِلَّا لِمَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ حَتَّى إِذَا فُزِّعَ عَن قُلُوبِهِمْ قَالُوا مَاذَا قَالَ رَبُّكُمْ قَالُوا الْحَقَّ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْكَبِيرُ
34:23

وَلَا يَمْلِكُ الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِهِ الشَّفَاعَةَ إِلَّا مَن شَهِدَ بِالْحَقِّ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ
43:86

2 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

What is shirk in your point of view? How you have understood the concept of intercession? Lets see few verses of Quran:

وَكَم مِّن مَّلَكٍ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ لَا تُغْنِي شَفَاعَتُهُمْ شَيْئًا إِلَّا مِن بَعْدِ أَن يَأْذَنَ اللَّهُ لِمَن يَشَاء وَيَرْضَى
53:26

يَوْمَئِذٍ لَّا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ إِلَّا مَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ الرَّحْمَنُ وَرَضِيَ لَهُ قَوْلًا
20:109

لَا يَمْلِكُونَ الشَّفَاعَةَ إِلَّا مَنِ اتَّخَذَ عِندَ الرَّحْمَنِ عَهْدًا
19:87

وَلَا تَنفَعُ الشَّفَاعَةُ عِندَهُ إِلَّا لِمَنْ أَذِنَ لَهُ حَتَّى إِذَا فُزِّعَ عَن قُلُوبِهِمْ قَالُوا مَاذَا قَالَ رَبُّكُمْ قَالُوا الْحَقَّ وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْكَبِيرُ
34:23

وَلَا يَمْلِكُ الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِهِ الشَّفَاعَةَ إِلَّا مَن شَهِدَ بِالْحَقِّ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ
43:86

Here is Shirk in my Point of View :

2 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

He understands intercession and does not have a problem with it. He is concerned with the fact that some shias actually do sujood to an imam's grave, and say, "O Ali! Give me Rizk, O All mighty Ali, Grant me sustenance!", and the likes of that speech. That's what he means by, "leading to shirk"

2 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

And @Shah Khan,

Hitting ones head or just slapping oneself is a common form of mourning. When a huge problem/maseebah happens, this is typically What people do; nothing wrong with it.

In fact, even in Sunni books, when there was a rumor that the Holy Prophet (s) was martyred in the battle of Uhud, Lady Fatima't Zahraa (sa) started slapping her head in grief.

However, swords, chains, bleeding, etc.; you know.. these are all risking your health and life and thus most Shia marjas say these practices are haram.

Imam al-Sadiq (a) himself told us, "Be an ornament for us, do not be a disgrace for us".

Much knowledge! May Allah bless you!

Ziarat Jamia

& Ziarat  Ashura are highly advised by Imam Mahdi (aj) that shows Manifest of true shia Islam

bear witness that there is no god save Allah

Alone without having any associate

And I bear witness that Muhammad—blessings of Allah be upon him—is His servant and Messenger....

When you enter and catch sight of the tomb, you should halt again and repeat saying Allahu Akbar—Allah is the Greatest—thirty times. Very serene and venerable, you should walk a few yards with slow steps and then halt anew and repeating saying Allahu Akbar thirty times. As you come within reach of the tomb, you should repeat saying Allahu Akbar forty times so that you would have said it one hundred times. After that, you should recite the following:

Peace be on you O the family of the Prophet

You are the seat of the Divine mission

Unto you the Angels turn

You are the destination of the Divine revelation..

..whoso turns against you comes in conflict with Allah
he who loves you is a beloved of Allah

whoso bears a grudge against you holds Allah in contempt

whoso takes refuge with you takes asylum with Allah

you are the main means of approach the right way

You are the greatest path (to Allah)

you give witness to what takes place in this mortal world

And you are the interceders (for the believers) on the Day of Judgement

you are the mercy perpetual and progressive

The signs highly valued and treasured

mainstay well guarded......

https://www.ziaraat.org/other/jamia_kabeer.php

http://www.duas.org/pdfs/Ziarat Jamia Kabira.pdf

Ziarat  Ashura

http://www.duas.org/ashura/z_ashura.htm

https://www.al-islam.org/torch-perpetual-guidance-expose-ziyarat-ashura-ali-asghar-azizi-tehrani/arabic-english-text-ziyarat

http://www.wilayatmission.org/Duas/Ashura.pdf

STORY OF SAYYID AL RASHTI

In the book of al-Najm al-Thaqib (by al-Nuri), our mentor has mentioned a story from which we may conclude the necessity of perseverance on and taking much interest in repeating the aforesaid comprehensive form of ziyarah as much as possible. He said:

About seventeen years ago, the righteous and pious Sayyid Ahmad the son of Sayyid Hashim the son of Sayyid Hasan al-Musawi al-Rashti (i.e. of the city of Rasht, north-central Iran), may Allah support him, one of the merchants of the city of Rasht, came to the holy city of al-Najaf and visited me at home in the company of Shaykh ‘Ali al-Rashti, may Allah bless his soil, the religious and virtuous scholar, who will be mentioned in the following story......

http://alhassanain.org/english/?com=book&id=928

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Just now, TheGreenWanderer said:

As-salaam alaikum Shah

What exactly do you plan to do? Maybe I will try this as well, insha'Allah

I will Practice Shia Islam. If I find this is true Path, I will follow it. If I find this is False Path, I will Leave it.

For those who question 'matam' like an idiot continuously again and again on every other post...

Go and read what the sahaba Owais Al Qarani(a.s) did when he heard the news that a tooth of Prophet(SAWW) has been made shaheed in the battle of Uhud.

He broke all of his teeth in the love.

Please google this, read books mentioning this incident.

NOWHERE Prophet(SAWW) said that he did wrong to himself infact he always said good about Owais(a.s) and the only sahaba who had the honour of having the title of 'Sahabi' without ever meeting the Prophet(SAWW) due to his immense love he had for Prophet(SAWW) and due to his obedience towards his mother.

Similar is the example of Hazrat Yaqub(a.s) that he lost his eyesight due to his crying in Hazrat Yousuf's(a.s) memory.

One breaks his teeth other loses his eyesight. 

Come on guys, this happens in 'Love' stop pinpointing the people doing matam. First know what these creatures(a.s) are and once you fall in love with them (if you do) then you might be able to feel the pain.

12 minutes ago, Shah Khan said:

I will Practice Shia Islam. If I find this is true Path, I will follow it. If I find this is False Path, I will Leave it.

Through experience I surely noticed that Shia Islam is the truth!

Al-Hamdiruillah shukr!

Question 11: What is shafa‘ah {intercession}, which you believe in?

Reply: Shafa‘ah {intercession} is one of the principles confirmed by Islam which has been acknowledged by all Muslim sects and schools of thought which abide by the Qur’an and Sunnah regardless of their different views about the outcome ofshafa‘ah. Shafa‘ah means that an honorable person who enjoys special station and proximity to God can plead with God, the Exalted, for the forgiveness of the sins of sinners, or elevation of the station of others.

The Holy Prophet (S) says:

"أعطيت خمساً وأعطيت الشفاعة فأدخرتها لأمتي."

“I have been granted five things… and I have been granted intercession which I have reserved for my ummah.”1

The extent of shafa‘ah

The Qur’an rejects the idea of absolute and unconditional intercession. Intercession cannot be effective without the following conditions:

First: The intercessor must be authorized by God to intercede. The only group that can intercede are those who, apart from having spiritual proximity to God, are authorized by Him (to intercede). In this regard, the Glorious Qur’an says:

"لا يملكون الشفعة إلا من إتخذ عند الرحمن عهداً."

“No one will have the power to intercede {with Allah}, except for him who has taken a covenant with the All-beneficent.”2

Also, it states:

"يومئذٍ لا تنفع الشفعة إلا من أذن له الرحمن ورضى له قولاً."

“Intercession will not avail that day except from him whom the All-beneficent allows and approves of his word.”3

Second: Also, the person to be interceded for should also be worthy of attaining the divine grace through the intercessor. That is, his faith in God and his spiritual ties with the intercessor should not be broken. As such, the unbelievers who have no faith in God and some of the sinful Muslims, such as murderers and those who do not offer prayers, who are not spiritually attached to the intercessor, will not be interceded for.

Concerning those who do not offer prayers and deny the Day of Resurrection, the Qur’an states:

"فما تنفعهم شفعة الشفعين."

“So the intercession of the intercessors will not avail them.”4

And regarding the wrongdoers, it says:

"ما للظالمين من حميم ولا شفيع يُطاع."

“The wrongdoers will have no sympathizer, nor any intercessor who might be heard.”5

The philosophy of shafa‘ah

Shafa‘ah {intercession}, like tawbah{repentance}, is a gleam source of hope for those who can abandon their sins in the midway of deviation and sin, and spend the rest of their life in obedience to God; for, whenever a sinful person feels that he or she can, under limited circumstances (not any circumstances), attain the intercession of the intercessor, he or she will try to keep to this limit and not go any further.

The outcome of shafa‘ah

Different views are shown by exegetes on whether the outcome of intercession is forgiveness of sins or elevation of one’s station, but the following saying of the Prophet (S):

"إن شفاعتي يوم القيامة لأهل الكبائر من أمتي."

“My intercession on the Day of Resurrection is granted to those from myummah who have committed major sins”6 highlights the first view.

1. Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal, vol. 1, p. 301; Sahih al-Bukhari (Egypt), vol. 1, p. 91.2. Surah Maryam 19:87.3. Surah Ta Ha 20:109.4. Surah al-Muddaththir 74:48.5. Surah al-Ghafir (or al-Mu’min) 40:18.6. Sunan Ibn Majah, vol. 2, p. 583; Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, vol. 3, p. 213; Sunan Ibn Dawud, vol. 2, p. 537; Sunan at-Tirmidhi, vol. 4, p. 45.

3 hours ago, Shah Khan said:

Hope you don't Mind.

In the case if you are trying it out;

you should focus on: beatingyourself, believing in intercession and visiting shrines lol lol.

You should focus on reasons why a human and not a shia would cry for the imam (As) and the event of karbala. Its's not hard to feel the pain if your heart is soft enough (this requires abit of work on being a decent humble human being).

You could Try going to a shrine to see if you feel warmth and peace from it. even traveling is good,  this world is made out of love for the prophet (saw) and ahlubeit (saw) anything is possible even without visiting the shrines. But Worth a shot.

Try accepting the idea of intercession. Not by force but a maybe, theres no harm in it, unless you're too worried and depressed about losing youre deep beliefs. Im sure its not the end of the world to give it a good thought lol. Starting From understanding simple basics like when you're ill you go to the created for help not the creator this is human nature and the process, then to deeper understanding through hadiths. 

Muslims worry soo much about the greed of heaven or the fear of hell that they lose being human. They read verses and feel they own religion and want to debate it.

Imam (as) said three types of worshippers, a man that worships in attaining heaven is like the wage earner, then theres a man who worships out of the fear of hell and allahs wrath is like a slave/prisoner, finally there is the man who worships out of love, he is like a freeman, freeman is the best of all worshippers.

Either you've tried being a sunni and not happy with it and looking elsewhere or you're satisfied with being sunni but just want to take the mick lol. 

My Advice would be dont be too harsh on your self to win heaven and distant from hell, give yourself a true chance, you won't get many. Go beyond you're own expectations change youre inner thoughts, reset them. You don't have to be labled shia if you feel more towards the ahlubeit (as) as men label other men alot of things which are un-true. For all you know you could be a true shia in this forum and the rest who claim being shia may be no where near it.

We only live once go out youre way, dig deep. 

4 hours ago, Shah Khan said:

None of these actions are wajib. 

With these doubts, what made you decide to "try" Shia Islam?

I wish you success. May we all be guided to the right path.

2 minutes ago, notme said:

None of these actions are wajib. 

With these doubts, what made you decide to "try" Shia Islam?

I don't want these to be part of Shia Islam. I want to see Pure Shia Islam.