Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lover of Muhammad (s)

Hilf al-Fudhul

Rate this question

Question

Guest Lover of Muhammad (s)

Salam everyone,

I read about Hilf al-Fudhul, and basically what it is, is during the time of the Holy Prophet's (s) youth, there were people being oppressed and denied their rights. Muhammad (s) was only a young man at that time, sources say he was 20 years old. So you can read all about it here, I advise you do -- http://en.wikishia.net/view/Hilf_al-Fudul

Basically Banu Hashim (family of the prophet s) made a pact, "One of the most important events in the life of Muhammad (s), before his marriage, was his participation in an agreement called Hilf al-Fudhul, in which some of the youths of Mecca pledged "to support any person under oppression and defend their rights"

This makes me really happy that even before receiving permission to announce the religion, Muhammad (s) still never stayed silent during oppression.

My question is, why don't any Muslims today create this sort of pact? It ended I believe around Imam al-Hasan's death, (read anecdotes about it in the above link) and one source showed imam al-Hussain (a) threatening to start it again because of a certain Ummayad oppressor who denies Imam's rights, but for some reason he didn't start it?

If Muslims today create this, or especially Shia Muslims, it would be an amazing aspect of the religion that will help the oppressed and give people a better image of our religion.

1 answer to this question

On 2/6/2018 at 11:00 PM, Guest Lover of Muhammad (s) said:

Salam everyone,

I read about Hilf al-Fudhul, and basically what it is, is during the time of the Holy Prophet's (s) youth, there were people being oppressed and denied their rights. Muhammad (s) was only a young man at that time, sources say he was 20 years old. So you can read all about it here, I advise you do -- http://en.wikishia.net/view/Hilf_al-Fudul

Basically Banu Hashim (family of the prophet s) made a pact, "One of the most important events in the life of Muhammad (s), before his marriage, was his participation in an agreement called Hilf al-Fudhul, in which some of the youths of Mecca pledged "to support any person under oppression and defend their rights"

This makes me really happy that even before receiving permission to announce the religion, Muhammad (s) still never stayed silent during oppression.

My question is, why don't any Muslims today create this sort of pact? It ended I believe around Imam al-Hasan's death, (read anecdotes about it in the above link) and one source showed imam al-Hussain (a) threatening to start it again because of a certain Ummayad oppressor who denies Imam's rights, but for some reason he didn't start it?

If Muslims today create this, or especially Shia Muslims, it would be an amazing aspect of the religion that will help the oppressed and give people a better image of our religion.

I just read your post today. So after two week no one reply.

Your suggestion is good and do not wait Imam Ashr wal Zaman a.s. to solve all human injustice. This should be organized.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this