Enlightened Follower

Iranian women protest compulsory hijab

Rate this topic

And tell the believing women to reduce [some] of their vision and guard their private parts and not expose their adornment except that which [necessarily] appears thereof and to wrap [a portion of] their headcovers over their chests and not expose their adornment except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers, their brothers' sons, their sisters' sons, their women, that which their right hands possess, or those male attendants having no physical desire, or children who are not yet aware of the private aspects of women. And let them not stamp their feet to make known what they conceal of their adornment. And turn to Allah in repentance, all of you, O believers, that you might succeed. 

nur ayat 31.

O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you. But Allah is not shy of the truth. And when you ask [his wives] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not [conceivable or lawful] for you to harm the Messenger of Allah or to marry his wives after him, ever. Indeed, that would be in the sight of Allah an enormity.

ahzab ayat 53

sadly the english translation isnt good enough to gives you the real meaning of the arabic words, you can also check Tafsirs about these verses.

On 2/6/2018 at 12:47 PM, Mishael said:

Multiple sources record Alexander the greats conquests even Persian and Indian ones while Muslims only have their word for it. By the way even some Greek sources lied about Alexander by portraying him as some godlike hero while he wasn't really like that and they said that Alexander fought a million Persians at Gaugemela while modern sources estimate a hundred thousand Persians or even less. Muslims also exaggerated the fighters of the battle of muta by saying that the Muslims fought 200,000 Byzantines while the whole Byzantine army did not even equal such a number at the time modern estimates say it was 10,000 Byzantines and Christian Arabs or even less. Ancient historians were known to exaggerate events a lot throughout history and the fact we only have the Muslims word for it proves we can't trust it and the fact pre Islamic poetry never mentions female infanticide rests my case.

First, and most importantly, you need to state your sources so we could look into the matter. And your example is quite ridiculous. It really doesn't speak about anything of faith. In fact, it is quite logical that the numbers of how many people the Muslims/Greeks fought would be exaggerated. You go to a war, you see the opponent's soldiers stretch farther than yours and you'll immediately over exaggerate the number. You think after a battle people walk around counting the bodies? And why does the number matter? What does it prove? And most importantly, who reported this number? What is the chain of the narration and what have the narrators said about the chain.

Secondly, as I have mentioned, you need to state who these exaggerators are because we have something called Ilm-ul-Rijal. You are claiming that as Muslims we believe ANY Muslim. That's not the case. This is not how historiography works.

And thirdly, pre-Islamic society not talking about it doesn't really prove you're correct. It states the following:

• The act was seen as normal, mundane, unimportant to be reported
  • Everyday life was no talked about, it is only romanticising certain important things
  • We have not found documentation about it because it has been lost

There are so many reasons why these things aren't reported.

How can I trust the bible? The people who wrote the bible are apparently Jesus's friends, how can it be truthful and not over exaggerated? What proofs can you give that these people were Jesus's friends? Do you have historical writings by the Romans and Jews talking about each person? How do we know each event that happened in the bible are truthful? Did the Jews and Romans document them as well? And if not, then who was there? The narrator himself? Who is the narrator and what's his biography according to both sides of the coin?

13 hours ago, Haimid said:

@Hamodiii assalam brother.

yes i will do for many reasons.

O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

يٰۤـاَيُّهَا النَّبِىُّ قُلْ لِّاَزۡوَاجِكَ وَبَنٰتِكَ وَنِسَآءِ الۡمُؤۡمِنِيۡنَ يُدۡنِيۡنَ عَلَيۡهِنَّ مِنۡ جَلَابِيۡبِهِنَّ ؕ ذٰ لِكَ اَدۡنٰٓى اَنۡ يُّعۡرَفۡنَ فَلَا يُؤۡذَيۡنَ ؕ وَكَانَ اللّٰهُ غَفُوۡرًا رَّحِيۡمًا‏ ﴿33:59﴾

Well, what If they live in the west, and get influenced by the west? They might rebel, and become worse girls than you thought they would be? Maybe you could have at least teach them?

Personally, my parents only prayed, and my sister experienced a Noor that told her that she should wear hijab, and my other sisters followed her footsteps. Don't you believe in Allah's capablity to do anything? That is what I am talking about! I am not against Hijab, I just dislike the force.

6 hours ago, Hamodiii said:

Maybe you could have at least teach them?

Assalam.

one of the way of teaching, is Forcing, just like the time when you force a horse to teach him your commands. we dosnt have a complete freedom in Islam, "Jabr and Ekhtiar" section in our A'aghayid explains this matter very clearly.

and by forcing, dont think that im talking about Physical forces. nope, sometimes its about forcing them to think and reading some books. once again, i hope you got my point.

Wassalam.

On 2/5/2018 at 4:43 PM, Enlightened Follower said:

No but I am just saying there will be consequences for this. Most Western countries report high levels of unhappiness. Iranian women once they adopt feminism will become difficult to marry as they will demand more and more.

What do you think they will demand?